Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:50 am

Post by Thoth »

Hmm, knew 1 and 4, but TV/movie questions is one of my worst categories. I'll follow justin:
answer: army of darkness (evil dead 3)
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:03 pm

Post by Thoth »

Googling for the answer was not really what should have happened
The rules wrote: Once trivia questions have been posted, no outside research is allowed until the answers have been posted. Obviously I can’t check that you’re behaving in a sportsmanlike manner in this regard, but I can’t check that you aren’t talking with your scum teammates during the day or with your mafiascum friends in real life about the game, either. If your self esteem is so caught up in winning a game on this forum that you’re going to stoop to cheating, you might want to consider some professional help.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #81 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:39 am

Post by Thoth »

I'll go along then:

answer:VILE
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:23 pm

Post by Thoth »

Really strange action indeed by Coron. Looks to me almost like a GF hoping to be investigated when there's no chance to be lynched right now.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #165 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:49 am

Post by Thoth »

Category:Pestilence

Will read the rest of the thread tomorrow.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #208 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:25 pm

Post by Thoth »

I'll have to answer now as I'll leave for Moscow (no access) early in the morning.
Answer:Influenza

My name is missing on the category list BTW, but it is on the list a few posts above that one.

I don't think MoS's behaviour for which he is voted is that suspicious. I could easily imagine skimming over the posts when I've little time and answering the question when I know it. The only really suspicious thing I see is that he did not know the answer, but gambled when he could just have waited for people who knew the right answer. No vote though as I have no chance to unvote for 4 days.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #213 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:30 am

Post by Thoth »

One thing that may be interesting to look at is how people are split up over categories. It would seem logical for a scum group to all pick a different category, making sure they have the best chance to at least get someone with a night action. Once we find some scum we might get some useful information from these first two questions that way.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #317 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:00 am

Post by Thoth »

category:past
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #379 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:09 pm

Post by Thoth »

answer:Dan Marino
whoever it may be.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #382 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:46 am

Post by Thoth »

Well, some people were pretty convinced about it. As it's an American only question (my 2nd one in a row) I have no idea whether they were right. Last time they were not.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #407 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:20 pm

Post by Thoth »

Hmm, never even heard of this duo (only found out it is a duo after googling tennille). I'm going to hope for Jaguar's research ;)
category:Tennille
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #500 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:20 am

Post by Thoth »

Answer:Lewis Caroll

It seems obvious for the SK to not kill tonight if he is indeed one of those 6. What would be interesting is when the SK does kill tonight. In that case I would highly doubt him to be one of the 3 that answered correctly.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #503 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:37 am

Post by Thoth »

But that is assuming all roles abide by the rules and Fuldu did not add a twist. As killing tonight would be virtual suicide for a SK I would be inclined to go with a twist. Especially as it's rather weird that the SK did kill every night sofar if he can only kill after answering correctly. It would be a lot safer for him to occasionally answer correct and not kill.

Now that I think about it. It would be pretty weird anyhow to have a SK in the game if he can only kill after a correct answer. For mafia it's not really a problem as long as different members can execute the kill, but a SK that kills 4 or 5 times that way will certainly be found out. I very much doubt it that Fuldu would put the role in this game that way.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #509 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:16 am

Post by Thoth »

Still not convinced.
One possibility would be one of the robots that do walk around at night according to the story that is controlled by a player.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #511 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:32 am

Post by Thoth »

Because a plain SK in the way that people seem to think exist would be completely unbalanced. The only possible chance he would have is to basically never kill until the very end of the game. If he kills earlier, especially if he does so multiple times he can be certain to be found out.
The way this game is set up a SK needs some kind of extra advantage or have no realistic chance of winning. The most obvious advantage would be the ability to kill after answering wrong. Even if that is limited to only once or twice a game it still would put the role back on par with a regular SK.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #571 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:58 pm

Post by Thoth »

A lead is what we need :)

vote:Inhimshallibe
answer: Pittsburg University
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #598 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:11 pm

Post by Thoth »

category: Black
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #609 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:21 pm

Post by Thoth »

I'm in the same boat as Quailma, no idea of the Decker question, but able to make an educated(but still probably wrong) guess about the Black question.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #618 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:17 am

Post by Thoth »

Well, it's something I already stated yesterday that a SK killer role cannot be balanced in this game if he's restricted to killing after a correct answer. I do think it's a good weapon to catch Mafia with though. As the SK is that now I think we can assume that someone answering wrong cannot kill. Of course that still makes it hard to find groups with multiple living members. Especially when so many right answers have been given in the last few days.
I tried to look at all the categories chosen each day and hoped to find players that were in different categories each day. Unfortunately there weren't any. Mainly cause by all 7 of the remaining players choosing Tenille as their category one day.

I think Jaguar's reasoning is pretty sound that one of Bengel, Maxi and MoS is the remaining Heisenberg Mafia member. I've personally been rather suspicious of Maximum yesterday, but that was because of the way she went against my reasoning about the SK. As she's not the SK there remains little ground for that suspicion.
I do feel that MoS' last post looks a lot like a desperate attempt to get out:
MoS wrote: as for suspicions, i'm not sure, but i'm not seeing the answering wrong as a valid thing anymore...i have the feeling that there is a role that can target someone, and if that person answered wrong, they get their night choice...that's how i think the sk got a kill the night he answered wrong...i agree that it would be against the spirit of the game to make the sk or any other role not dependant on answers, but if there was a role that could make your answer right? As of this time, I'm not sure who to be suspicious of, but I'm not throwing anyone out.
The way he goes from a SK that does not need a right answer, to other roles ending (or more starting with it) with completely dismissing the right/wrong answers as a clue to find scum. I'm still convinced that the answers are relevant, but expect an exception was made for the SK for game balancing reasons.

For the astronomer I thought it was van Oort, but I'm not so sure. I'll probably answer in a few hours as after that I'm not online until the deadline.

vote:MoS
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #623 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:48 am

Post by Thoth »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: Thoth, that's a lot of BS spin you put on my post. I said that I do not think the sk could bypass answering, but I do think that there is a role which can target someone each night and change their answer to whatever the correct one is.
Vote: Thoth
for completely misrepresenting what I just said in such a way that it imparts an idea that I specifically said I do
not
believe is true.
I voted you because you suddenly completely disregarded the possibility of finding scum by looking at right/wrong answers and building it up in nice small steps which do not make a lot of sense to me.
MoS wrote:I find it interesting that before the SK died, everyone seemed convinced that no role could have an answering exception, but now that he's dead, no one is willing to stand by their previous statements of how an sk who could bypass answering wouldn't be a fair role in the spirit of the game and therefore probably doesn't exist.
This is not really true. Read the following post(511) that was from before the SK died.
Thoth wrote:Because a plain SK in the way that people seem to think exist would be completely unbalanced. The only possible chance he would have is to basically never kill until the very end of the game. If he kills earlier, especially if he does so multiple times he can be certain to be found out.
The way this game is set up a SK needs some kind of extra advantage or have no realistic chance of winning. The most obvious advantage would be the ability to kill after answering wrong. Even if that is limited to only once or twice a game it still would put the role back on par with a regular SK.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #625 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:13 am

Post by Thoth »

Answer John Wheeler

I put all my trust in jaguar, eventhough I've never even heard of the man :)
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #643 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:54 am

Post by Thoth »

American show, so no idea either.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #647 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:34 am

Post by Thoth »

I could not even name a single American Baseball player if you put a gun to my head ;)
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #662 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:05 am

Post by Thoth »

I'm the Ship's doctor. My role is not that of a regular doc though. I can confirm being blocked by Quailman last night though.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #665 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:10 am

Post by Thoth »

Peacebringer wrote: So we have 2 claimed doctors-

one has to be lying, esepecially with no block being befored.
Let me repeat: my rolename is Ship's Doctor, but my ability is not that of a regular doc (although it is related).
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #671 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:45 pm

Post by Thoth »

I specifically did not elaborate more on my claim as it is no use to the town (other than satisfying personaly curiosity), but it may cause an unpleasant surprise for scum.

About the situation right now. PB and Bengel sure seem to be nonallied right now. I'm not completely convinced that their animosity is for real though. Both also have rather convenient roleclaims that cannot be checked. Of the two I'm believing PB's claim a bit more right now as that would give us 4 basic townies. To me 4 basic townies feels like a better amount in a 24 player game than 3. Of course outguessing the mod is dangerous, but I'm always rather fond of the practice.
One more reason for me not to believe Bengel is that a backup doc would be a bit much when my role is also there and we already had a generic backup (Talitha although her precise role was not revealed). He would also be the only assistent in the game.

I'm buying Quailman's claim as I was roleblocked last night. That does not mean he can't be scum though with an extra ability. Especially as it could still be a onetime ability as the other character he says to have blocked is dead. As the Heisenberg mafia had an ensign, a lieutenant and a GF I would not be surprised if the pirate mafia has the same structure. Having different non-GF's in a scum group could just be flavour, but could also mean ability. Point against an ability is that Fuldu did not mention that AndrewS (the Heisenberg lieutenant) had one.

Jaguar's claim also leaves something to be desired: Her ability seems not to make a lot of sense as we already had a tracker.
What I'm even more worried about is that Captain would be perfect for a GF. Next to that the ranks within the other Mafia were similar to the 'real' ranks on the ship (GF having a higher rank than the lieutenant). This also seems rather logical to me. Jaguar is the only player claiming a higher rank than lieutenant.

So basically I have my doubts about all claims. I feel pretty sure though that we have Bengel and Jaguar as Pirates with Jaguar as GF. I'm most sure about Bengel though as another doc would just be a bit too much.
vote:Bengel
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #675 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:13 am

Post by Thoth »

Bengel wrote: Well...first of all I'd like to ask AGAIN to explain your full role.
Why exactly? As you say so yourself you don't think I'm scum by process of elimination. So you can basically assume I'm speaking the truth when I say that our chances of winning are larger when I don't reveal this than when I do. Of course you're free to question my judgment.
Bengel wrote: Me being pirate with Jaguar doesn't make any sense at all. We always had different categories the last few days and I gave the correct answer for my category and shared it with the others twice. There was no need for me to do this if Jaguar already answered her category correctly before me (which she did if my notes are correct)...it would even be a great risk on my side if I were scum, as I'd be giving pro-town roles a night ability while I could have just as easily not answered the question. All this even fortifies my thoughts about Peace and Jag being scum together.
I don't think this is that strong of an argument. Having chosen different categories would more point to being scum together. Everyone giving correct answers is also not certainly in the town's advantage as it removes the possibility of singling out scum based on correct/incorrect answers.

I do agree though with you that the amount of docs may not be too large. I also just see now that I missed that we had a deputy. That would be an indication that we might also have a backup doc.
unvote:Bengel

I'm pretty convinced that either PB or Bengel is scum and I think they've done a pretty good job if they are both.
That means either Jaguar or Quailman is scum as well. Quailman spoke the truth when he said that he blocked me last night. As I said before it could be a one time scum ability, but usually there would then also be a regular roleblocker in the game. Next to that a regular roleblocker is a role I'd expect in the game anyhow. (And as Q just posted when typing this DP backed him as well in post 553).
That in my mind is enough to confirm Quailman.

That leaves just a
vote:Jaguar
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #678 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:58 am

Post by Thoth »

PeaceBringer if that was a vote you might want to bold it.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #681 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:44 am

Post by Thoth »

Well, you can guess what my ability is now ;).
As the ship's doctor I had a single shot of murepinephrin left. This I could use after the night and before the day to get the heart of one of the killed players beating again.
At least this solves the PB or Bengel problem.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #685 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:32 pm

Post by Thoth »

vote:Bengel
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #689 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:43 am

Post by Thoth »

vote:Jaguar

Finishing up.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #691 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:58 am

Post by Thoth »

Her ;)
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #703 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:14 pm

Post by Thoth »

Great game Fuldu. Thanks for modding it and all the effort you put in it.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #708 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:01 pm

Post by Thoth »

It wouldn't have made a difference for my choice as the ability was just too powerful in the endgame to waste it early. It could have made a difference though in determining Quailman's innocence as I would not have known that he blocked me. Still with DP already mentioning being blocked earlier in the game and essentially clearing Q then, I doubt it would have made a difference.

I do think that basically confirming the reviving in the Morning scene made my role a bit too powerful. The mafia now gave away the PB or Bengel problem trying to get in the one kill they needed and (I assume) going for the person I would certainly not protect if my ability was that close to that of a regular doc. Then the night scene confirmed me where I could still have been lying with Quailman guessing correctly (OK, maybe those last 3 words were a bit unlikely :mrgreen: )
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #710 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:27 pm

Post by Thoth »

I could make my choice after receiving a list of the players that died last night, so there was little guessing in it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”