Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Jahudo wrote:
Mod: Sipylus hasn't posted yet. He's the only one.
I sent out a prod yesterday, because I'm such an attentive mod. I'm still waiting. It was more on principle that I asked.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by mask man »

zwetschenwasser, srsly.
I was going to keep my vote on jebus, but...

!vote zwetschenwasser
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 am

Post by ortolan »

Think I just realised us agnostics (;)) are consigned to the virtually impossible task of trying to lynch God day one, when there's already 7 people who know who he is and will never possibly allow him to be lynched (3 leaders, 3 recruits + God).

Thus we need eleven out of thirteen agnostic/Nietzsche votes to do us any good (because anyone else, even a cult leader doesn't really help us). Sucks.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:13 am

Post by mykonian »

vote ting

I saw the light.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:44 am

Post by ting =) »

erratus apathos wrote:FoS: DGB, qwints, Jebus, ting, bloodmoney

We're looking for God, not the Islamic CL. I guarantee there is more than one Christian/Jew voting for zwet.
Of course we're looking for God. You don't see any good in voting for a self claimed CL though?
zakeri wrote:as for going back to the random voting stage, I feel it's important to get a lot of reactions. I did it more because my plan of attack had fallen through (in my opinion) then anything else, though.
What reactions were you expecting by going back to random voting? Do you expect those reactions to be useful at all? Why does 'plan of attack falling through' lead to 'go back to random voting'? And again, how was random voting a better option than making a case on someone else?

@myko.
Care to share it?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:00 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mykonian wrote:
vote ting

I saw the light.
Mark my words. We can check at endgame. But I'd swear myko is scum. That sort of late entry, not having a clue what's going on... scummalicious.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:10 am

Post by mykonian »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
mykonian wrote:
vote ting

I saw the light.
Mark my words. We can check at endgame. But I'd swear myko is scum. That sort of late entry, not having a clue what's going on... scummalicious.
problem with your explanation is, that if I was scum, I would know what was going on. Plays much easier. I would have loved to be scum, but now I have to find god within 20 players. The game would be over fast if I knew it now already, don't you think. On page six, esspecially in a large game, I don't think it is weird to have little read on players.

No, ting, I thought how I would play if I was god. I would think it far too easy to lurk. I would try to stay active from the start of the game, talking here and there. Didn't need to be usefull, but show like it was. I would also, like ordinary scum like a case on me (while this is mostly gut) to defend, because you know there is nothing against you.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:12 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mykonian wrote:problem with your explanation is, that if I was scum, I would know what was going on. Plays much easier.
Not my experience but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:16 am

Post by ting =) »

myko wrote:No, ting, I thought how I would play if I was god. I would think it far too easy to lurk. I would try to stay active from the start of the game, talking here and there. Didn't need to be usefull, but show like it was. I would also, like ordinary scum like a case on me (while this is mostly gut) to defend, because you know there is nothing against you.
So, the 'light' is me staying active and 'looking-useful-but-not-actually-useful.' Oh, and the fact that I have a 'case' on me to defend makes me scum-ish. Insightful.

You're on my hitlist by the way. More for the fact that I had to ask you
three
times in order to get you to make a guess on who might be God than for the vote though.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:27 am

Post by mykonian »

ting =) wrote:You're on my hitlist by the way. More for the fact that I had to ask you
three
times in order to get you to make a guess on who might be God than for the vote though.
and I still can't understand why you would ask me three times to do that. It doesn't tell a thing, because I don't know anything, but still you are very eager to get that out of me. How protown you must be...
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:35 am

Post by ting =) »

myko wrote:and I still can't understand why you would ask me three times to do that. It doesn't tell a thing, because I don't know anything, but still you are very eager to get that out of me. How protown you must be...
You came in late. I knew absolutely nothing about you. You said absolutely nothing in your opening post that was related to your suspicions, or about any of the other players.

A direct question about who you found suspicious was in order. So I asked.

And how do you see my asking it as making me anti-town? Did you see the question as harming the town? Did you think answering it would have helped the cults/god or hurt nietsczhe/agnostics?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:51 am

Post by mykonian »

ting =) wrote:And how do you see my asking it as making me anti-town? Did you see the question as harming the town? Did you think answering it would have helped the cults/god or hurt nietsczhe/agnostics?
no, not really. It only showed to me that you were a little overconcerned with how protown you looked. I think the question was not that usefull, esspecially after I told that I had trouble with seeing anything scummy. Still you continued to force a name out of me. For what use? I think it had use to you.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 am

Post by ting =) »

myko wrote:no, not really. It only showed to me that you were a little overconcerned with how protown you looked. I think the question was not that usefull, esspecially after I told that I had trouble with seeing anything scummy. Still you continued to force a name out of me. For what use? I think it had use to you.
Concerned with how protown I looked? My question was:
ting wrote:If you had to peg someone as god based on the current information, myko, who do you think would it be?
How does that make me look protown, exactly? It's a straightforward question obviously meant to learn more about you. How did you see it as reflecting positively on me?

Oh, the question was useful, to everyone. You were revealing very little about your view on the others. You had 5ish pages worth of info and said that you had 'no read' when you came in. Do you see it hurting the town in any way now that we know one thing about your view on the players?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:59 am

Post by mykonian »

ting =) wrote:
myko wrote:no, not really. It only showed to me that you were a little overconcerned with how protown you looked. I think the question was not that usefull, esspecially after I told that I had trouble with seeing anything scummy. Still you continued to force a name out of me. For what use? I think it had use to you.
Concerned with how protown I looked? My question was:
ting wrote:If you had to peg someone as god based on the current information, myko, who do you think would it be?
How does that make me look protown, exactly? It's a straightforward question obviously meant to learn more about you. How did you see it as reflecting positively on me?

Oh, the question was useful, to everyone. You were revealing very little about your view on the others. You had 5ish pages worth of info and said that you had 'no read' when you came in. Do you see it hurting the town in any way now that we know one thing about your view on the players?
I told you exactly what I thought, what I knew. I had no read at it. Still you ask a third time to get a random name out of me. I don't think that was usefull, as I already told you what I thought. So what was the use of it? To tell me now how protown you were by asking my view on the game.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:04 am

Post by ting =) »

We've officially just gone in a circle and should stop so we don't clog the thread. Last point:
myko wrote:So what was the use of it?
Like I've said, to learn more about you, something which I find useful, and which I think would be useful to everyone else as well. If you choose to see an ulterior motive behind that, that's entirely up to you.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 am

Post by mykonian »

true. I've got to start somewhere...
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Zakeri »

What reactions were you expecting by going back to random voting? Do you expect those reactions to be useful at all? Why does 'plan of attack falling through' lead to 'go back to random voting'? And again, how was random voting a better option than making a case on someone else?
No one can predict the amount, direction, and validaty of reactions. What matters is what happens in those reactions, and so far the only reaction I've gathered from it is the hundreds of questions from a single person asking why I would make a random vote three pages into a game.

It was possible for me to make a case against someone, but it was also a perfectly decent choice to get other to react to my vote change once the one case I had made had fallen though.

There are valuable bits of information in these attacks on me, however, and I do think I can make an educated guess on the affiliation of some people.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:11 am

Post by ting =) »

...did you expect anything
other
than attacks on you to come from your random vote?

Are you pretty much just saying you did something that is highly interpretable as scummy in order to troll for reactions and didn't expect people to see you as scummy for it?
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Zakeri »

Okay, I admit it. I wasn't thinking about how other people will react at all.

It's not like changing back will get people off of it.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

I enjoy making jokes in threads. It represents my lifestyle.
Unvote; Vote: mask man

Srsly?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by X »

Zakeri wrote:It was possible for me to make a case against someone, but it was also a perfectly decent choice to get other to react to my vote change once the one case I had made had fallen though.
Zakeri wrote:Okay, I admit it. I wasn't thinking about how other people will react at all.

What? Jebus is still bad, but I think this inconsistency is worse.
Unvote: Jebus
Vote: Zakeri
mykonian wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
FoS: DGB, qwints, Jebus, ting, bloodmoney

We're looking for God, not the Islamic CL. I guarantee there is more than one Christian/Jew voting for zwet.
are we? I think town would be quite happy if we could kill cult leaders. Gives us way more time to shoot God.
Listen to me! If we kill 2 cult leaders, we lose. I think you might be one, trying to get us to kill the other two.
FoS: mykonian
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Why do we lose? Can't we just kill the last one?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by mykonian »

X wrote:
mykonian wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:

are we? I think town would be quite happy if we could kill cult leaders. Gives us way more time to shoot God.
Listen to me! If we kill 2 cult leaders, we lose. I think you might be one, trying to get us to kill the other two.
after this is was explained (forgot who did it) that the last cult won in case the other two got defeated. I missed that rule, sorry...
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Zakeri »

X wrote:
Zakeri wrote:It was possible for me to make a case against someone, but it was also a perfectly decent choice to get other to react to my vote change once the one case I had made had fallen though.
Zakeri wrote:Okay, I admit it. I wasn't thinking about how other people will react at all.

Why is it inconsistent, and why is that bad enough to vote for me?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by X »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Why do we lose? Can't we just kill the last one?
Fail. I'm not explaining it again.
mykonian wrote:
X wrote:
mykonian wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:

after this is was explained (forgot who did it) that the last cult won in case the other two got defeated. I missed that rule, sorry...
Hm...alright. I just don't think you posted that you repented this view. (Get it?)
Zakeri wrote:
X wrote:

Why is it inconsistent, and why is that bad enough to vote for me?
Both questions have the same answer: First you say that you were reaction-fishing as your explanation, then you say you weren't thinking about reactions at all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”