Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Mini 158 - Amnesia Mafia - Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:29 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Update: Game over.

Something suspicious has been going on in Letheville. Or, at least you think so. You seem to remember something vague about a mafia and murders. And wasn't there something important you had to do at night? Who knows?

Players (12):

Foolster41
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Uraj45
Fuldu
Quailman
Dragon Phoenix
Dmi
SubtleTactix
Leonidas
Electra
Dranko20
Jaguar

Game over. Results
Last edited by Yggdrasil on Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 13 times in total.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:30 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Rules:
(stolen and edited)

• Forget about posting anything game related once you are dead. A simple “bah!” post is acceptable, but not posting would be preferable.
  • Remember to bold all votes and to unvote.
  • Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the mafia, and only do that at night.
  • Do not edit/delete any of your submitted posts. Once you’ve posted a mistake it will be there for all to remember.
  • Having amnesia is no excuse for forgetting about this game. If you anticipate being gone for more than two days, please inform me and the other players. Otherwise, we might forget about you and replace you.
  • Should a deadline be reached and no one has a majority, the player with the most votes will be lynched. However, if no one has over half of a majority of votes by the deadline, no lynch will occur. In the case of a tie, whomever was at the required number of votes first will be lynched.
All pro-town roles received this PM:
You don’t seem to remember who you are. There is something you needed to do at night. Each night you may PM me the name of one player. You win when you have rid the town of the mafia.

Please confirm by PM and send a night choice.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:13 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

A shrill scream pierces the quiet morning air. All the inhabitants of Letheville, a small riverside community, quickly jump out of bed and rush outside to see what all of the commotion is about. As they exit, they are greeted by the beautiful sunrise along with the sight of a dead body laying on the ground with multiple knife wounds and bullet holes.

Thousands of questions spring into everyones’ minds.
What’s this all about? Is the town safe anymore? Who was he? In fact, who are all these people around me? Should I know who they are?

Everyone looks around blankly as they realize that they can’t remember a thing, not even their own names or their jobs.

“What’s going on, why can’t I remember anything?”

“This may answer our questions,” says another person who is holding a note. “I found this next to our departed friend.”

The note reads:
You may have caught us the first time, but don’t think you’ll stop us again. Let’s see how many of you survive now that you can’t remember who we are.
-The Mafia

Apparently, the town’s police force had arrested a band of mafia members a few days ago. However, the mafia members escaped and somehow added an amnesia-causing drug into the town’s water supply so that their identities could remain a secret. And now, it seems, the mafia want revenge for their capture.

“Well, if we caught them the first time, it shouldn’t be too hard to catch them again,” one of you says.

You all nod your heads in consent and begin discussing your plan to rid the city of the mafia. You decide that each day you will democratically decide on one person to lynch. You will continue this process until you have eliminated all of the mafia. But there’s one problem:

“What’s everyone’s name?” someone finally has the courage to ask.

“I don’t know,” everyone seems to mumble.

“Well, why don’t we just make some up?” someone suggests.

So you all proceed to think up names, write them on name tags and go around introduce themselves.

“I’m Dranko20, because names with numbers are better.”

“I can’t decide if I want to be Dragon or Phoenix.”

“How about Dragon Phoenix?”

“How do you pronounce the underscores in your name, Mr_Gnome_It_All?”

After all of the introductions, someone finally points to the dead body and asks:

“Who is he?”

“He looks like a Fuldu.”

You take Fuldu to the town coroner who concludes that Fuldu was a cop, able to investigate people at night to determine whether they were guilty or innocent.

As the sun has now fully risen, the town gather back to discuss who to lynch.

Fuldu, Cop, killed Night 1

It is now DAY 1. With 11 alive, it will take 6 votes to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:39 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 - Quailman (Dranko20, Electra, Dmi)
2 - Leonidas (Mr_Gnome_It_All, Quailman)
1 - Electra (Uraj45)
1 - Jaguar (Dragon Phoenix)
1 - Mr_Gnome_It_All (Jaguar)
1 - Uraj45 (Foolster41)

6 to Lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:41 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 - Quailman (Dranko20, Electra, Dmi)
2 - Leonidas (Mr_Gnome_It_All, Quailman)
1 - Electra (Uraj45)
1 - Jaguar (Dragon Phoenix)
1 - Mr_Gnome_It_All (Jaguar)
1 - Uraj45 (Foolster41)
1 - SubtleTactix (Leonidas)

6 to Lynch

Apparently, the epidemic of amnesia has worsened and people have forgotten how to post! Perhaps a
deadline
will remind them that there are killers on the loose.

Retractable Deadline:
Wednesday, February 23 at 11:59pm PST (US)

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:49 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

5 - Quailman (Dranko20, Electra, Dmi, Uraj45, Leonidas)
2 - Dmi (Quailman, Dragon Phoenix)
1 - Leonidas (Mr_Gnome_It_All)

6 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:38 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Final Vote Count:

6 - Quailman (Dranko20, Electra, Dmi, Uraj45, Leonidas, Dragon Phoenix)

1 - Dmi (Quailman)
1 - Leonidas (Mr_Gnome_It_All)

6 to lynch

Lynch scene to come after I get out of class.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:28 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

With all the formalities of naming and introduction done with, the people of Letheville begin to throw around wild, random accusations. Then someone accuses Dmi of making a non-random accusation. Dmi agrees and says that he heard that Quailman was a guilty party. And, like lemmings, they follow his lead and lynch the town's
Doctor
. Had he been alive tonight, he would have been able to save his target from being killed.

Quailman, Doctor, Lynched Day 1

It is now NIGHT 2. Please send in night choices.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Another night, another murder. You awake to find that many people are missing. Of course, knocking on peoples doors and reminding them that the mafia is afoot brings out all but two people: Dragon Phoenix and Dmi. You all split up to look for them.

When everyone returns, people report their observations.

“I found Dragon Phoenix’s body. It looks like he was shot in the back.”

“I found Dmi’s body. He was killed with a large butcher’s knife.”

“How did you know a butcher’s knife killed him.”

“Because the murderer forgot to take it with him.”

You take the bodies to the coroner and discover that Dragon Phoenix was a mischievous gossiper who liked to spread lies about people. Every night he would go up to someone and tell that person enough gossip to make them suspicious of someone (i.e. his target receives a guilty result). Dmi was also another one who liked spreading lies. At night, he would go on ranting and raving about one person so much that anyone who tried to investigate that person would surely find them suspicious (i.e. anyone who investigates his target receives a guilty result).

With that, you all return to discuss your collective fates.

Dragon Phoenix, gossiper, killed night 2
Dmi, mudslinger, killed night 2

It is now DAY 2.
With 8 alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:15 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Since someone requested clarification on the issue, both Dmi and DP were pro-town.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:45 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

1 - Electra (Jaguar)
1 - Leonidas (Foolster41)
1 - SubtleTactix (Leonidas)

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:31 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

While unvotes are helpful and apprecitaed, I will still count votes even if they are lacking and unvote. Just be aware that forgetting to unvote may lead to error in the vote count.

Vote Count

3 - SubtleTactix (Foolster41, Dranko20, Mr_Gnome_It_All)
2 - Electra (Jaguar, Leonidas)

5 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:41 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count

5 - SubtleTactix (Foolster41, Dranko20, Mr_Gnome_It_All, Leonidas, Electra)

1 - Electra (Jaguar)

Although forgetful of their personal information, the citizens of Letheville certaintly haven't forgotten their purpose, as they quickly move to lynch another of their own. Again, their suspicions are based on rumors of guillt overheard by one of the citizens. But their lynch yesterday was based on similar rumors and it ended up killing the town doctor. Will today's lynch fare better?

After stringng SubtleTactix up it all becomes apparent after a gun falls out of his pocket. He was
mafia
, one of those behind the plot to erase the town's memory and kill everone in it. Apparently, the mafia's tactics weren't subtle enough to escape the town's notice.

SubtleTactix, mafia, lynched day 2

It is now NIGHT 3. Please send night choices.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:53 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

As day three of the amnesia epidemic dawns, you head outside expecting the worst. Unfortunately, you find that another two have been killed. Poor Leonidas was lying on the ground, his body filled with bullet holes. Electra was also found stabbed to death.

The coroner’s investigations show that Leonidas was a cop, able to investigate people at night to determine whether they are guilty or innocent. Electra was also active at nights, but had more sinister motives.

Leonidas, cop, killed night 3
Electra, mafia, killed night 3

It is now DAY 3. With 5 alive, it will take 3 votes to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:41 am

Post by Yggdrasil »

Update on Mr_Gnome_It_All:

He has not yet picked up the mod-prod I sent him on Saturday. However, I did find the following messages in the Vacation/Limited Access Thread:

(Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:49 pm)
Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:I'm just posting this from school to say my computer has recently suffered a complete harddrive failure. :cry:

The only place I would now be able to access the internet is from school, and even then it would only be once a week.

So... I'm probably going to need to be replaced in my games.

With any luck I might be able to get a new drive, but buget being the way it is, it will likely not happen soon.
(Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:36 pm)
Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:Just posting an update...

Still no home acces, so I'm still restricted to using the computers from school. Fortunately I managed to get here early before the school library closed so I could post this.

Currently, my brother has my computer and hopefully he will be able to install a new hard drive into it. If he does I should be able to get home access soon after. If not, we're going to have to buy a new hard drive when we can manage to afford it, and as I said that could be a while. :(
I will give him two more days to respond to the mod prod. If he has not responded by Wednesday, I'll seek a replacement.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:05 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

1 Dranko20 (Foolster41)

3 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Amnesia!? There's only one cure for that:

Deadline: Thursday, March 24 at 11:59pm PST (US)

It will take two votes to lynch at the deadline.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:34 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

3 Dranko20 (Foolster41, Jaguar, Uraj45)

After revealing the results of their aimless wandering at night, the town still remains baffled by their amnesia. However, they finally decide upon Dranko20. After stringing him up, take him to the coroner for further investigation. It turns out that Dranko20 was a nosy
eavesdropper
. At night he could intercept people's results so that he could see them, but his target couldn't.

It is now Night 4. Don't forget to send in your night choices.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:46 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

The air is still as day dawns on the shores of Letheville. Everyone in the town knows that this day could possibly be their last. The remaining townspeople step outside to see Jaguar laying dead in the street. She had been shot.

A quick trip to the coroner's reveals that Jaguar was a role cop able to determine the jobs of her targets at night.

Jaguar, role cop, killed night 4

It is now DAY 4.

With 3 alive, it will take 2 votes to lynch.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:56 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Vote Count:

1 - Uraj45 (Mr_Gnome_It_All)
1 - Foolster41 (Uraj45)

2 to lynch

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:45 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Final Vote Count:

2 - Uraj45 (Foolster41, Mr_Gnome_It_All)

1 - Foolster41 (Uraj45)

And, with his vote, Mr_Gnome_It_All sealed Uraj45's fate. Uraj45, claiming to be a serial killer, pled for forgiveness and asked for a draw as Foolster41 and Uraj45 dragged him away to be strung up.

But, Uraj45 was not the serial killer... he was the last member of the mafia.

Foolster41 turned to face Mr_Gnome_It_All. He pulled his hand out of his jacket and...

Offered his hand. "Good job, we've defeated the mafia."

The two townspeople shook hands and looked over their beloved town of Letheville. They could finally forget their fears and remember what life without the mafia was like.

Congratulations town, you are the winners.

Roles, night choices, and discussion to come shortly.

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:49 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Game Summary:

Alive (2/12):

Foolster41, vigilante, survived
Mr_Gnome_It_All, role blocker, survived

Forgotten (10/12):

Fuldu, cop, killed night 1
Quailman, docotor, lynched day 1
Dragon Phoenix, gossiper, killed night 2
Dmi, mudslinger, killed night 2
SubtleTactix, mafia, lynched day 2
Leonidas, cop, killed night 3
Electra, mafia, killed night 3
Dranko20, eavesdropper, lynched day 3.
Jaguar, role cop, killed night 4
Uraj45, mafia, lynched day 4

Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:19 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

Roles

Uraj45, SubtleTactix, Electra -
Mafia

This player's target dies.

Dmi -
Mudslinger

This player's target will look guilty to any investigator's

Dranko20 -
Eavesdropper

This player will receive his target's result instead of his target.

Foolster41 -
Vigilante

This player's target will die.

Dragon Phoenix -
Gossiper

This player's target will receive a guilty result.

Leonidas -
Cop
(Sane)
This player receives the alignment of his target.

Fuldu -
Cop
(Naive)
This player receives an innocent result.

Jaguar -
Role Cop

This player recives the role of her target.

Mr_Gnome_It_All -
Role Blocker

This player's target's night choice will not go into effect.

Quailman -
Doctor

This player's target will be protected from a night kill.

Notes:
Role cop cannot distinguish between the sane and naive cops.
If the gossiper targeted the naive cop, the naive cop would receive a guilty result.
If the naive cop targeted the same person as the mudslinger, the naive cop would receive a guilty result.
An eavesdropper can receive the night result of a player who's being killed that night.
The mafia member who submitted the kill carried out the kill.

Night choices

Night 1

[mrow]Player(s)[col]Role[col]Target[col]Result SubtleTactix[col]Mafia[col]Fuldu[col] Dmi[col]Mudslinger[col]Quailman[col]Guilty Dranko20[col]Eavesdropper[col]Quailman[col] Foolster41[col]Vigilante[col]Fuldu[col] Dragon Phoenix[col]Gossip[col]Dmi[col] Leonidas[col]Cop(Sane)[col]Dmi[col]Innocent Fuldu[col]Cop(Naive)[col]Mr_Gnome_It_All[col]Innocent Jaguar[col]Role Cop[col]Dragon Phoenix[col]Gossiper's role description Mr_Gnome_It_All[col]Role Blocker[col]Electra[col] Quailman[col]Doctor[col]Leonidas[col]

Night 2

[mrow]Player(s)[col]Role[col]Target[col]Result Uraj45[col]Mafia[col]DP[col] Dmi[col]Mudslinger[col]Subtle Tactix[col] Dranko20[col]Eavesdropper[col]DP[col] Foolster41[col]Vig[col]Dmi[col] Dragon Phoenix[col]Gossip[col]Leonidas[col] Leonidas[col]Cop(Sane)[col]SubtleTactix[col]Guilty Jaguar[col]Role Cop[col]Electra[col]Mafia Role Description Mr_Gnome_It_All[col]Role Blocker[col]Electra[col]

Night 3

[mrow]Player(s)[col]Role[col]Target[col]Result Uraj45[col]Mafia[col]Leonidas[col] Dranko20[col]Eavesdropper[col]Electra[col] Foolster41[col]Vig[col]Electra[col] Leonidas[col]Cop(Sane)[col]Mr_Gnome_It_All[col]No result b/c dead Jaguar[col]Role Cop[col]Uraj[col]no result Mr_Gnome_It_All[col]Role Blocker[col]Jaguar[col]

Night 4

[mrow]Player(s)[col]Role[col]Target[col]Result Uraj45[col]Mafia[col]Jaguar[col] Foolster41[col]Vig[col]No Action[col] Jaguar[col]Role Cop[col]Uraj45[col]No result b/c dead Mr_Gnome_It_All[col]Role Blocker[col]Foolster[col]

Interesting notes:
At first I thought that this game was unbalanced in favor of the mafia, since the mafia could theoretically win in two days. However, the town quickly improved its chances by eliminating all the counterproductive town roles quickly and getting two lucky investigations. Leonidas' choice of SubtleTactix was especially lucky as he was targeted by DP the same night, which would have given him a false result if he had not targeted mafia. Equally lucky was the fact that SubtleTactix was mafia so that Dmi targeting him did nothing.

Also, in the spirit of the theme, Dranko20 never remembered his night choices and had to keep asking me who he targeted.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed this game. Stay tuned for my next mini: Role Stealer Mafia.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”