Polotet
Townie
Townie

Good Omens Mafia! Game Over.

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:47 am

Post by Polotet »

Welcome to Good Omens Mafia!

As you read in the signup thread:

Eleven years ago, the Antichrist was born. Now, time is running out. The beginning of the End of the World could be days away. Some of you want to see it. Others, obviously, don't. And if you need to break a few eggs to stop the End of the World, well, then, it's time to make an omelette (that last sentence doesn't really make sense to me either). So you're going to do things the good old fashioned way. Hang suspicious people. And, of course, many of you have special powers to help you towards your goal.

As you also read in the signup thread:

Almost every character on the cast list in Good Omens will be included in the game. Only two will be omitted. Of course, that doesn't mean only characters on the cast list will be included. The cast list will be posted below to aid the bookless.

Rules:
No talking with other players outside the thread unless you’re given explicit permission in your role description, and then only at night.
Nights will be given deadlines. If you don’t make the deadline, you lose your choice.
Normal lynch will require half plus one of living players (i.e. 16 of 30 or 15 of 29).
A deadline will be set for days if we feel it is necessary, in the case of a deadline lynching will require at least one quarter plus one of all living players and at least half plus one of all voting players. Failure to lynch by deadline will result in a no lynch.
No quoting from PMs from the mods.
NO ROLE CLAIMS ARE ALLOWED.
Any explicit role claim (either “I am [name of role] or an exact description of your role’s powers) will result in an instant modkill, whether true or false. Very basic descriptions (cop-type role, etc.) are ok, but if you hint at your actual role name or exact abilities (or hint at having another actual role name or exact abilities) at all you will be given a warning. If you do so again after receiving that warning, you will be modkilled. So be careful. I don’t particularly like banning role claims, but in a game where most roles are stated, it’s necessary.
However, it is acceptable to speculate about what roles are in the game and what each character can do, and even speculate about the role you actually have as long as there is no suggestion you have that role. DON'T abuse this by speculation about your own role in such a way that it's clear in the subtext you have it, or we will consider modkilling. Please try to follow the spirit rather than the letter of these rules as much as possible.

PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES! Some are non-standard.
Last edited by Polotet on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:48 am

Post by Polotet »

Player List

Alive (2/32)
Mneme (replaces Seol [replaces Nanook])
PookyTheMagicalBear

Dead (30/32)
Internet Stranger (Brian, A Boy, and member of Them) was burned, Night 1.
Porro (Pepper, A Girl, and member of Them) died of malnutrition, Night 1.
Mole (Aziraphale, An angel, and part-time rare book dealer) was run over, and has presumably discorporated, Night 1.
Mastermind of Sin (Beelzebub, A Likewise Fallen Angel and Prince of Hell) died, and has presumably discorporated, Night 1.

mepmuff (Newton Pulsifer, Wages Clerk and Witchfinder Private) was run over, Night 2.
Stewie (Crowley, An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards) died, and has presumably discorporated, Night 2.
Gaspode (DEATH) was lynched, and discorporated, Day 2.
Dragon Phoenix (Atlantisan, Townie) was mod killed, Night 3.
PeaceBringer (Anathema Device, Practical Occultist and Professional Descendent) was crushed by fish, Night 3.
Coron (Shadwell, Witchfinder Sergeant) was burned, Night 3.
Peachy, Pollution (Pollution), was lynched day 3.
Aelyn, Satan (A Fallen Angel; the Adversary), died night 4.
Fuldu, Mr. Tyler (A Chairman of a Residents' Association), was enveloped by fire, and died, night 4.
Genocide Heart, Ligur (Likewise Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell), was lynched day 4.
Locus Cosecant, Dog (Satanical hellhound and cat-worrier), died night 5.
Rolandofthewhite, Madame Tracy (Painted Jezebel [mornings only, Thursdays by arrangement] and medium), died night 5.
Korais, Famine, was lynched Day 5.
Mith, Grevious Bodily Harm, was incinerated night 6.
Olio, Warlock, was killed by.. dog shit night 6.
Thoth, American, was modkilled day 6.
Darquiel (replaces Electra), Rare and strange Creature of the Last Day, lynched day 6.
AnnoyingPest (The Machine 86 (replaces KingEnigma)), War, modkilled night 7.
Darklight140, ADAM (An Antichrist), has been burned to death night 7.
SubtleTactix, Mr. Young (A Father), was lynched Day 8.
Blackberry, Metatron (The Voice of God), was charred night 8.
Al_Kohaulec (replaces SinisterOverlord), Tibetan, lynched day 8.
Fritzler (replaces Pitbull (replaces PBuG)), God (God), incinerated night 9.
Esme, Alien, was lynched day 9.
Mr.Flay, Devilvery Man, incinerated.
Fuldu, Wensleydale, shot dead... and then incinerated.
Last edited by Polotet on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:50 am

Post by Polotet »

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

SUPERNATURAL BEINGS
God (God)
Metatron (The Voice of God)
Aziraphale (An angel, and part-time rare book dealer)
Satan (A Fallen Angel; the Adversary)
Beelzebub (A Likewise Fallen Angel and Prince of Hell)
Hastur (A Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell)
Ligur (Likewise a Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell)
Crowley (An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards)

APOCALYPTIC HORSEPERSONS

DEATH (Death)
War (War)
Famine (Famine)
Pollution (Pollution)

HUMANS

Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery Pulsifer (A Witchfinder)
Anges Nutter (A Prophetess)
Newton Pulsifer (Wages Clerk and Witchfinder Private)
Anathema Device (Practical Occultist and Professional Descendent)
Shadwell (Witchfinder Sergeant)
Madame Tracy (Painted Jezebel [mornings only, Thursdays by arrangement] and medium)
Sister Mary Loquacious (A Satanic Nun of the Chattering Order of St. Beryl)
Mr. Young (A Father)
Mr. Tyler (A Chairman of a Residents’ Association)
A Delivery Man

THEM

ADAM (An Antichrist)
Pepper (A Girl)
Wensleydale (A Boy)
Brian (A Boy)

Full Chorus of Tibetans, Aliens, Americans, Atlantisans, and other rare and strange Creatures of the Last Days

AND:

Dog (Satanical hellhound and cat-worrier)
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by Polotet »

roxxy_velveteen has not checked her inbox since the sending of PMs, and her last post was December 29th, so we're replacing her. DarkLight140 gets the spot.

Also, JaggedCrags has been replaced by Olio.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:14 pm

Post by Polotet »

*Cue cheap exciting music*
*raise lights*

Blonde Anchorwoman: Thank you for watching Channel 666, your primary source for Apocalypse related news, and welcome to our morning show.

It is now 6 AM on the morning of Day 1 and I'm sure you're all awake, bright eyed, and bushy tailed, awaiting news on the events of the night.

First we go to Tadfield, a small town in England where, I have been told, the weather is always perfect. But weather isn't why we're here today. We'll go to our on the scene reporter for more.

Nondescript Reporter: Two tragic incidents struck this small town last night. Investigators were horrified at the death of a young boy known only by the name of Brian (Internet Stranger). His body was found early this morning after nearby neighbors reported a scream out in a nearby yard. The boy was found badly burnt, almost beyond recognition.

Investigators were then called by distraught parents to another house in town. They found their child, a girl known as Pepper (Porro), dead in her bed this morning. Autopsy reports suggest she died of malnutrition, but there is no evidence she didn't eat well in recent weeks, nor did any family members or friends witness any weakness or signs of hunger from Pepper in the days leading up to her death.

Back to you, Blonde Anchorwoman.

Blonde Anchorwoman: Thank you, Nondescript Reporter. Unfortunately, those were not the only deaths occuring last night. A hit and run accident (or attack) left a man dead this morning on the highway. The poor man, Mole, was found with tire marks imprinted on his forehead; apparently run over by a bike. No witnesses were found at the scene raising the question of whether this was homicide or an accident. The killer is still at large. Investigators discovered Mole was known by many as Aziraphale. He ran a rare books shop and was described by friends as a true angel.

Our last death is not quite so unfortunate as the others. Mastermind of Sin was found dead in his house, apparently killed by some sudden trauma police investigators could not identify the source of. However, a search of his home revealed he was actually not a an ordinary citizen but Prince Beelzebub of Hell. Police believe he has returned from whence he came.

That leaves 28 of you voters around, which, by my calculations, means 15 votes will be required for a lynching. It'll be my first time covering a lynching, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. We'll be back with periodic coverage throughout the day. Thank you for watching Channel 666 Morning News!

*fade out*

Internet Stranger (Brian, A Boy, and member of Them) has been burned.
Porro (Pepper, A Girl, and member of Them) died of malnutrition.
Mole (Aziraphale, An angel, and part-time rare book dealer) was run over, and has presumably discorporated.
Mastermind of Sin (Beelzebub, A Likewise Fallen Angel and Prince of Hell) died, and has presumably discorporated.

It is now Day 1! There are 28 players alive, so 15 to lynch.
Last edited by Polotet on Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:49 pm

Post by Polotet »

Blonde Anchorwoman: And in a bizarre twist of a story we recently reported on, a man identifying himself as JDTAY has strung up the corpse of Mastermind of Sin, the dead Prince of Hell.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:25 pm

Post by Polotet »

And does that last mod-post mean JDTAY can't be anything other than a human male?
Well, I've never actually met JDTAY, but that's what I've always assumed...

The mod-post is not a clue to his role. For your reading experience, all players will be referred to by their own gender and species when their roles are unknown.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:37 am

Post by Polotet »

SinisterOverlord's two posts are exactly the same so I'm assuming it was an accidental double post and deleting one of them.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:30 pm

Post by Polotet »

korais666 wrote:Totally random question: Weren't the four horsemen Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence? Where did Pollution come from? Or is that a thing special to Good Omens?
"[Pollution] had taken over when Pestilence, muttering about Penicillin, had retired in 1936. If only the old boy had known what opportunities the future had held..."
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:47 pm

Post by Polotet »

VGOMs is an acronym for volumetric-gravimetric-oscillometric methods.

VGMOS is the signal at the input and VA is the signal at the output of the pentode.

Can't help you on what either of these means or why mith plans to give them to certain people.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:23 pm

Post by Polotet »

Blonde Anchorwoman: Oh my god, my first vote count! This is so exciting. I hope I don't screw up... ok, ok, here we go.

*cue really exciting music*

Blonde Anchorwoman: And now, Channel 666 News with a special update!

We'll go to Nondescript Reporter, on the scene, for a vote count.

Nondescript Reporter: Thanks, Blonde Anchorwoman. Here are the votes so far:

Flying Dutchman: 1 (Olio)
Fuldu: 1 (Gaspode)
Genocide Heart: 1 (Peacebringer)
lazarusmoth: 2 (Locus Cosecant, mith)
Locus Cosecant: 1 (Aelyn)
mepmuff: 1 (Dragon Phoenix)
mith: 1 (JDTAY)
PeaceBringer: 1 (rolandofthewhite)
SinisterOverlord: 1 (KingEnigma)
Stewie: 1 (SubtleTactix)
Thoth: 1 (lazarusmoth)

Back to you, Blonde Anchorwoman.

Blonde Anchorwoman: And with 28 players alive, 15 are needed to lynch. Thanks again for watching Channel 666 News, this has been a special update.

*fade out*
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:00 am

Post by Polotet »

I'd just like to note that I'm very disappointed in all of you for not immediately realizing the meaning of an acronym mith made up on the spot. Very disappointed.

:wink:
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Polotet »

mith wrote:LSIO
SA
WBMCFTOO.
Damn, you're absolutely right... I hope no one else picks up on that, or the whole game'll be blown open.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:01 pm

Post by Polotet »

Hey, folks.

Nanook has let me know that do to time and real life related issues, he needs to withdraw from the game, so I'm seeking a replacement. If you know anyone who wants to replace (or if you yourself aren't already playing and would like to replace) please tell them to send me a PM!
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:59 pm

Post by Polotet »

One of double posts by korais deleted for your reading pleasure.

NanooktheWolf will be replaced by Seol.

Vote count coming soon, I was away for the weekend.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:23 pm

Post by Polotet »

Gaspode wrote:Mods, feel free to delete the double post, my computer's being very weird.
Done and done.

Actually, there was only one thing for me to do, so just done.

Done.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:31 am

Post by Polotet »

Roland walks over to the news trailer and bangs on it a couple of times. A few minutes later, Nondescript Reporter stumbles out, buttoning up his shirt and frantically trying to straighten his hair.

Nondescript Reporter: Sorry folks, I, um, slept in? I see it's time for another exciting vote count! Here we go:

Coron: 1 (lazarusmoth)
Gaspode: 5 (Aelyn, DP, Electra, Fuldu, Stewie)
GenocideHeart: 2 (Olio, PeaceBringer)
Korais: 2 (DarkLight140, mith)
lazarusmoth: 2 (JDTAY, Locus Cosecant)
mepmuff: 1 (GenocideHeart)
mith: 2 (Korais, mepmuff)
PeaceBringer: 1 (Roland)
SinisterOverlord: 1 (KingEnigma)
Stewie: 1 (SubtleTactix)

Back to you, sexy... I mean Blonde Anchorwoman! :oops:

*camera shows anchor's desk. it's empty.*

Looks like we're having some technical difficulties, folks, I'll end this broadcast here and we'll try to get those worked out.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:28 pm

Post by Polotet »

Gaspode, I'm pretty sure posting the same thing three times isn't going to affect whether people trust you or not. ;p

Multiple posts deleted for your reading pleasure.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:27 pm

Post by Polotet »

Double post by Gaspode deleted for your reading pleasure.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:49 pm

Post by Polotet »

Testing, testing... is this thing on?
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:24 pm

Post by Polotet »

Ok, so, here's how it works.
There are 28 players alive. Therefore, at least 8 players must be voting for one person for a lynch to happen.
However, there are also 23 players voting (players not voting: Aelyn, Electra, Flying Dutchman, Fuldu, PBuG), so at least 12 players must be voting for one person for a lynch to happen.
Having established that, I give you the evening news.

Edit: It looks like nobody's going to be lynched, but I'm tired so you'll get final results and the evening news in the morning.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:01 pm

Post by Polotet »

Um, so, sorry about that, folks. That was an extremely unreasonably long night, and the majority of the fault was mine. I'm fairly confident it will not happen again, and I will do my best to make sure it doesn't. I rechecked the votes, and there was no lynch yesterday. So, on with the game!

*Blonde Anchorwoman wakes up.*

Blonde Anchorwoman: Wow, I feel like I slept for such a long time last night. It's only Day 2, right?

Important Producer: Of course. And what happened to the evening show last night?

Blonde Anchorwoman: Oh, wow, did I miss the lynching? I think I started celebrating my first day on the job a little early...

Important Producer: Luckily for you, they couldn't make a decision, so there wasn't much to cover. But don't do it again! And get some clothes on and head over to the makeup trailer quickly, it's almost 6!

*Uninspired but flashy logo*

Blonde Anchorwoman: Thank you for watching Channel 666, your primary source for Apocalypse related news, and welcome to our morning show.

It is now 6AM on the morning of Day 2, and I hope you're all as excited to make sure an actual lynching happens tonight as I am to cover it. We'll go to Nondescript Reporter for an update on the situation in the Tadfield area.

Nondescript Reporter: Another man was run over by a bike last night, going at high speeds on a local road. Newton Pulsifer (mepmuff) employed by the government as a "Witchfinder" had just arrived in Tadfield to investigate strange occurences here when his car broke down at an intersection. He apparently had just gotten out to try and fix it when a speeding bike slammed into him and left him dead in the road.

However, that was not the night's--

Delivery Man: Excuse me, sir?

Nondescript Reporter: Um, I'm doing a live news broadcast right now.

Delivery Man: Sorry, just wanted to ask you quickly if you'd seen a party name of Red around here recently? It's just that I have this big package to deliver...

Nondescript Reporter: Don't think I can help you there. And I'm live, on the air, so could you please--

Delivery Man: Oh, there's the building I was supposed to deliver this too. Sorry for interrupting.

Nondescript Reporter: Sorry about that, the problem with doing a show live. *laugh* Anyway, back to what I was saying, there was another unfortunate death last night, too. Back to Blonde Anchorwoman for the details on that.

Blonde Anchorwoman: Although investigators were able to identify the body found in his expensive London apartment this morning, they were not able to identify Anthony Crowley's (Stewie) cause of death. Also, very little has been found out about his identity, other than that he was a close associate of Aziraphale, who you may remember was the first victim of our hit and run biker yesterday.

That leaves 26 voters alive, which means 14 votes will be required for a lynching. We'll be back with periodic coverage throughout the day. Thank you for watching Channel 666 Morning News!

*fade out*

mepmuff (Newton Pulsifer, Wages Clerk and Witchfinder Private) was run over.
Stewie (Crowley, An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards) died, and has presumably discorporated.

It is now Day 2! There are 26 players alive, so 14 to lynch.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:53 am

Post by Polotet »

Just to update you since things are moving so fast, I count 7 votes for mith so far, with 14 votes needed to lynch.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:42 pm

Post by Polotet »

I count 11 votes so far, with 14 to lynch.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #491 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:59 am

Post by Polotet »

Sorry about the lack of vote counts and proddings/replacings, but I'm in a show that went up this weekend and I've been too busy to look at this, I've been trying to talk to DS to ask him to take care of it. If nothing else, I'll be back to only a normal level of business by Monday or Tuesday, and able to update then, but hopefully DS will be in before then.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #648 (isolation #25) » Sun May 22, 2005 2:53 pm

Post by Polotet »

Sorry this is a little behind deadline, got really sick Wednesday night and I'm really only just better today.

*Blonde Anchorwoman wakes up.*

Blonde Anchorwoman: I think I might be developing narcolepsy. Unless it was something in those drinks Nondescript kept bringing me. He said they were Iced Tea, from Long Island I think, but they tasted like they had alcohol in them.

Important Producer: I'm trying to sleep here. Go talk to the cameras.

*Uninspired but flashy logo*

Sources report that we killed Death last night, which I've been told is a good thing. So go team town! It's 6AM on the morning of day 3, and here to report on another mysterious death in Tadfield is our own Nondescript Reporter.

Nondescript Reporter: A local woman fell victim to the strangest accident we've seen yet. She was apparently driving home from somewhere else in town, the only clue to where she had been a receipt for a pizza delivery to another house in her pocket, when the back of the lorry in front of her somehow fell open, spilling its cargo on her. Anathema Device (PeaceBringer) was crushed by approximately a ton of frozen fish. Friends report she was something of an occultist, and her occupation is listed in tax records as "Professional Descendant."

Blonde Anchorwoman: Truly a tradegy. Another tradegy happened right outside of London last night. Our new Burning Deaths Correspondent will give you the details.

Burning Deaths Correspondent: Thank you, Blonde Anchorwoman, and I'm glad to be joining you all this morning from 666 Morning News.

Last night, on the M25, which has been just a mess for the past few days, a man burned to death with his car. Sergeant Shadwell (Coron), of the Witchfinder Army, was apparently driving when his entire car suddenly caught flame. Investigators have been unable to determine the source of the flame. A call to the Witchfinder Army office was not answered. Thank you.

Blonde Anchorwoman: That's all for last night, time to prepare for the day. 22 voters are left alive, so 12 votes will be needed for a lynching. We'll be back with periodic coverage throughout the day. Thank you for watching Channel 666 Morning News!

*fade out*

PeaceBringer (Anathema Device, Practical Occultist and Professional Descendent) was crushed by fish, Night 3.
Coron (Shadwell, Witchfinder Sergeant) was burned, Night 3.

It is now Day 3! There are 22 players alive, so 12 to lynch.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #652 (isolation #26) » Sun May 22, 2005 8:49 pm

Post by Polotet »

Dragon Phoenix quit, and since we needed all the replacements that were available and he quit rather than vanished, DS and I decided to modkill him rather than replace him. If that makes sense.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #712 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:35 pm

Post by Polotet »

Vote Count

10 Peachy (Aelyn, DarkLight140, Mr. Flay, Fuldu, Locus Cosecant, Mneme, mith, Olio, Pooky, Thoth)
1 Aelyn (Korais)
1 Mr. Flay (Rolandofthewhite)

12 to lynch.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1232 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:13 pm

Post by Polotet »

Blonde Anchorwoman: We're back on the air! You make one little itty bitty mistake of forgetting to do a show and you get pulled off, its ridiculous. Luckily, we were able to convince the producers our show provides an important service to the community. Or something like that.

And now to Nondescript Reporter, with the news of the night.

*Nondescript Reporter is standing in front of a pile of ashes.*

Nondescript Reporter: Yes, I'm at the scene with an eyewitness. This is the home of well-known and respected Tadsfield citizen Fritzler. What did you see last night, sir?

Shocked Eyewitness: I was walking my dog, when a man stepped out of the shadows in front of Fritzler's house. I hid in the bushes, because of all the violence that's been going on lately, as the man began to recite some kind of chant while holding the doorknob. At first, it seemed like whatever he was trying to do wasn't working, and then he stepped back in frustration and started another chant. I could tell just from the sound of it that this one was something really nasty, and all of a sudden a piece of Fritzler's roof lit on fire. As the man continued chanting, the fire quickly spread to the rest of the house. Then, a brilliant white light came streaming out of Fritzler's windows. The man who had been chanting screamed and sprinted away as the Light began poking holes in the burning walls of the house. Within in a minute, between the fire from outside and the Light from inside the house was completely destroyed, and as the final pieces of the walls fell in the Light gathered and sped out into the sky.

Nondescript Reporter: Thank you, sir. I've consulted our "Mysterious Light Expert" and he's pretty sure that the only valid explanation is that Fritzler was God's avatar on Earth and when attacked he returned to Heaven. Back to you, Blonde Anchorwoman.

Blonde Anchorwoman: Thanks, Nondescript. We're now down to only 5 people left in town, so only 3 need to be in agreement for a lynch.

Fritzler, God, was incinerated Night 9.

It is now Day 9, 3 to lynch.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1309 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:47 am

Post by Polotet »

Blonde Anchorwoman: Welcome to our special "Out of Tadfield" edition of Channel 666 Morning News. Following some rumors from sources we can't disclose, Nondescript Reporter, the entire production team, and I have packed our bags and left Tadfield. However, our fearless Investigative Reporter is still on the scene to provide you with updates, bravely using a handheld camcorder we're receiving a live feed from to provide with up to date coverage.

Investigative Reporter: Our sources told us that something would be happening at Mr. Flay's house tonight, so I'm hiding in a nearby bush staking it out. And here we go! Someone's approaching Mr. Flay's house! It looks like... yes, it's mneme. I wonder what he's doing here. That's odd, it seems like he's starting to chant... and, yes, it appears that a small fire has caught on the roof of the house! I certainly hope Mr Flay's able to get out in time. Oh, good, here he comes running out of the house, in what looks like a modified FedEx uniform. And mneme's going over to him, I'm sure to help him out.

mneme: To the fires of Hell with you! And tell them Hastur sent you.

*mneme grows and morphs until he has become a ten foot tall demon, and points one talon towards a now fleeing Mr. Flay, who immediately burst into flame. Seconds later, Mr. Flay is nothing more than a small pile of dust.*

IR: Well, that was rather shocking and frightening. But here come Pooky and Fuldu, I'm sure they'll be able to deal with him.

Fuldu: Quick, maybe with the two of us if we grab him the right way we can manage to lynch him!

*mneme starts to laugh*

Pooky: Fuldu, I have something to tell you. My name is Sister Mary Loquacious.

Fuldu: Oh, you're a nun. Maybe you know some holy signs that might help?

Pooky: I'm afraid I'm not that kind of nun, dear.

*Sister Mary pulls a pistol from her handbag and shoots Fuldu*

Fuldu: I'm... too... young... to die.

*Hastur points at Wensleydale and he, too, is quickly incinerated.*

Hastur: Looks like we'll have to wait a few decades before the time is ripe for another attempt at the apocalypse... but at least we've got a nice head start now.

Sister Mary: Are those bushes rustling?

*Hastur points at the bushes. The screen goes dark.*

Blonde Anchorwoman: Well, um, that was rather disturbing. I hope IR is alright.

Good Omens Mafia is over, with the Satanic Mafia winning. The suriving players are mneme (Hastur) and Pooky (Sister Mary Loquacious). The other two remaining were Fuldu (Wensleydale) and Mr. Flay (Delivery Man).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”