Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I was going to take your whole post apart, but I got to one part and it's just baffling enough that I need to draw sole attention to it. See my response to Nuwen about my innocence "proof".
freeko wrote:Though i do see how the single data point comes into play, I think you made the mistake that I used only your response to my post as the single data point.
I used you as a whole as the single data point.
Not just your response to the post I made.
I was unhappy with your play up to that point and you were suspicious to me
Wait, what? Did my play in the RVS offend you or something because we had maybe 20 serious posts before your post that I agreed with and a third of them were by ZEEnon. I'm just utterly baffled by that statement and I'd love to hear you try and justify it because it just reeks of manufacturing evidence. I'd also like other people to chime in on this one because I think this could be big.

Do I cause your death? Just like you caused Erin's?!

ZEEnon - 4 (Nuwen, Mizz.Mafia, Light-kun, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
Nuwen - 1 (ZEEnon)
Fishythefish - 2 (JereIC, pacman281292)
DraketheFake - 1 (na85)
na85 - 1 (Fishythefish)
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 2 (DraketheFake, freeko)

Not Voting - Amished

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 128)
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Nuwen »

freeko wrote: Wouldnt a better play have been to just ignore it?
I agree. Cute logic battles are fun, but shouldn't take precedence over actual scum-hunting. If you're retorting simply to retort, you're at best creating spurious fluff that convolutes the game and detracts attention away from actual tells. Worse still, this distraction can be interpreted as an anti-town attempt to disrupt focus.

And speaking of focus, hi Mizz.Mafia.
Mizz.Mafia wrote: and i havent "contributed" anything during this game because, i whatsoever have no clue what you guys are talking about. im confuzzled T-T... such big words >_<
Is there anything specific that's confusing you? It's in the entire town's best interest that you're as informed, can follow the game, and are able to contribute. Any less is active lurking, which I have a nasty lynch policy for.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:31 pm

Nuwen wrote:
I agree. Cute logic battles are fun, but shouldn't take precedence over actual scum-hunting. If you're retorting simply to retort, you're at best creating spurious fluff that convolutes the game and detracts attention away from actual tells. Worse still, this distraction can be interpreted as an anti-town attempt to disrupt focus.
Conceded and apologies to the town for the distracting post in that case. However I'd like to remind the town that mine was the response to an equally distracting and useless insult from Drake. I'd hate for him not to get his credit for his part in this fiasco.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Amished »

I found DtF's post (if we're talking about the same one) still within the bounds of the random stage as this game has had an extended one that I can see, though 12 people in game is the most I've ever been in so the RVS could really be this long typically and I wouldn't really know. Also, as my mommy always told me, if you didn't start it don't finish it. You effectively rose to his joke/bait (bait, fish.. get it? haha..... =\ Ok, maybe that was terrible..) and pretty obviously made Mizz confused, and probably the rest of us (if they're like me) unsure of where, if at all, we could and should jump in to help find the scum at hand. Please keep this in mind with future games if you could :)

Furthermore, since I believe we're out of the random stage, I shall
unvote
Mizz.Mafia
Mizz.Mafia
Townie
Mizz.Mafia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Mizz.Mafia »

nuwen said:
Is there anything specific that's confusing you? It's in the entire town's best interest that you're as informed, can follow the game, and are able to contribute. Any less is active lurking, which I have a nasty lynch policy for.
i am keeping up with the game, im not lurking.. im pretty sure that means creeping?
and i just happen to have a life. and having to go to school and stuff, im pretty sure many other people, like you too.. on this site also have a busy schedule. i actually tried to take time to get myself on the computer just to get onto this website, when i could be shopping. and my last comment i made was about 17 hours ago.... if i was lurking, i would have BARELY wrote anything at all. but i did so .. hmp?
how am i suppose to comment on something i dont understand, and sorrie for being dumb, if thats what your thinking right now. TT-TT
-- yes i can follow the game, and i may seem like im a creeper. but no, i just dont know what to write to what you guys wrote.. how am i suppose to comment on something if u guys are talking about wifom and.. hmm? how to say.. here, ill quote another thing u said..
whats presendence.. retort[ing] spurious convelutes detracts .... such weird words.

and yes, there is many things that are confusing to me...
like "WIFOM" & "slips" & "RVS" & "flip" & "DtF"... i have no clue what those mean.
and thank you jereIC for helping me with the quoting part. ++ also, freeko, im guessing your saying that whatever im saying is worthless? and thanks for telling me what OMGUS is...

i dont read every single words u guys wrote, because even if i do read it, i dont understand what you guys just said. so i just skimm through everything..
im not creeping.. >____>

:?
strawberrie[s]♥
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Nuwen »

This is a good start.
Mizz.Mafia wrote: and my last comment i made was about 17 hours ago.... if i was lurking, i would have BARELY wrote anything at all. but i did so .. hmp?

Active lurking refers to posting in a thread, but not actually contributing to reads or giving other players readable material. It doesn't qualify as actual lurking or inactivity. I'm very much for lynching active lurkers - their lack of contribution is either an attempt to coast under the radar without being read, or is inattentive, bad play. Both are detrimental to the town.
Mizz.Mafia wrote: whats presendence.. retort[ing] spurious convelutes detracts .... such weird words.
There are reference resources at your disposal:
http://dictionary.reference.com/

Precedence -> A prior standard ("preceding")
Retort -> a reply or counter-argument
Spurious -> False and misdirecting
Convolute -> curling or wrapping in upon itself, like a spiral. Complex.
Detracts -> takes attention away from
Mizz.Mafia wrote: like "WIFOM" & "slips" & "RVS" & "flip" & "DtF"... i have no clue what those mean.
RVS: Random voting stage.

WIFOM: Wine in front of me, a reference to The Princess Bride. Any situation with two equally likely opposing outcomes. Wiki article.

DtF is referring to Drakethefake.

A slip is some fault, flaw, or mistake made by a player that another player attempts to use as a scum tell. If I hit my face across the keyboard and posted "HEY GUYS, I'M SCUM BY THE WAY," that would probably be considered a slip.

You should try to read each post in full at least once, otherwise you'll be unable to help the town hunt scum. Or you could be a liability. And then we'd kill you dead.

^_^
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

DDD wrote:I'd also like other people to chime in on this one because I think this could be big.
Make your own case, friend-o.
freeko wrote:Though I do understand the intent to retort drake by trying to turn the insult back at him. Wouldn't a better play have been to just ignore it?
But but but what about witty reparteeeeeeeee?

I, for one, appreciated DDD's efforts to clear himself using silly logic, which is kind of my thing. If I hadn't misread it I'd have been even more totally fine with. I'm a little dismayed he didn't find a way to turn my follow-up pot calling the kettle black aphorism against me.
Mizz.Mafia wrote:"WIFOM" & "slips" & "RVS" & "flip" & "DtF"
You should probably take a quick gander through the Wiki, which is one of the links under the site banner where you log in. That will explain WIFOM certainly, and will help you understand more of what's going on generally. "RVS" stands for "random voting stage," which you can probably also find there. A "slip" in this context would be the idea that a scum player would "slip" and reveal too much information, in perhaps a suspicious fashion. "Flips town" or "Flips mafia" refers to finding out a player's alignment once they die - in the context, the player in question was implying that if certain payer "flipped" town, then another player voting for them was likely to be mafia, with is a fallacy and something you shouldn't bother with.

And finally DtF is me. Or, rather, the acronym you get when you separate the first letters of the 3 words of my username (
D
rake
t
he
F
ake). You'll find that players often do this to save time on typing, or, in Danny's case, to remind themselves of large breasts.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Light-kun »

ZEEnon wrote: "obvious sarcasm" you say? only scum benefit from 'randomly' voting ..
False.
ZEEnon wrote:because the can disquise their bandwagon votes quite easily.
No, anyone bringing a random vote to, say, L-2 has serious issues and should be considered suspect. All others on that wagon would immediately switch to the one placing the original butt of the jest at L-2. (All vote A, B votes A, so All vote B for voting A without reason. Follow? This is more likely at the L-1 though.)
ZEEnon wrote: i also asked a question, and then people starting saying it was supicious.
also, i never said i was in danger. i stated that it is very suspcious for all my votes to be
random
. scum like to say that L-3 isn't a big deal so that it stays that way for longer, and more votes can pile on.
Town aligned player would be idiots for putting some more votes on an l-3 without reason. (Actually post RVS, town is an idiot for voting anyone without reason.
ZEEnon wrote: i think you are definitely obvscum. one down, one or two more to go. you are right, RVS succeeded, in catching you that is .
You need more proof than that.
ZEEnon wrote: if i were to vote you, the reader, right now for no reason at all, would you ignore it ?
I would type "Vote acknowledged" but have better things to do than try and deflect an idiot with reasoning when they don't have the sense in their head to admit they're wrong. Also, my vote on you had the specific (and successful) purpose of ending the random voting stage. Honestly, I felt that your slight defense was the scummiest play up until that point, and as a result, you recieved my vote and attack. Your responses haven't been very convincing thus far, and I am one to think that newb town/newb scum is all null. (Novice like play almost always read as scum to me, so make a better attempt at learning this game or it will be hard to play this with. Also, I request you form better paragraphs and use capitalization. You have not earned my respect to mimic, in a shallow mockery, ee cummings.

As for the rest of your post (the last one I quoted), I see several cases of pleas to emotion and majority. Please refrain from using them as they will always be indicative of scum. this is your one warning, and continuing this play will merit you my vote once more. On the benefit of the doubt, I am
Unvoting
for now, but you still have the highest percent likelihood of being scum thus far.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: And finally, you're thinking far too linearly. Sure it puts more pressure on ZEE, but it also puts more pressure on the rest of the town.
If
we lynch ZEE and
if
he flips scum then perhaps someone flying in on his behalf is a scum partner;
if
he flips town then the people finishing off the wagon need a longer look. Votes are the most useful tool the town has and we shouldn't be afraid to use them.
False.

Danny, if a person flips town, especially on day one, the people voting that person from the random voting stage, without validating their reasons for keeping their votes on, and the fourth or fifth vote* are most likely to contain mafia. The hammer is only suspect if it appears to exist solely for the purpose of ending day or if it come unprovoked or against the request made by the town or a player to not hammer yet.

* See Jeep's (I think it's his) article on finding mafia.
na85 wrote:Excellent, thank you Nuwen.
If you do not contribute more than a single line in agreement with an argument, I will write your name in the Death Note. You do NOT post like this in order to appear to be actively playing a game when your not. I would prefer you type a [valid] post when you have the time to this crap, but if you can only do the latter, I request you replace yourself. This doesn't help town for you to just say, "This person is right." Oh, and as a note, I will refer to you as "Cow" since I don't really like using "na" as a name of reference, and I am much to lazy to recall alphanumerics.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
Conceded and apologies to the town for the distracting post in that case. However I'd like to remind the town that mine was the response to an equally distracting and useless insult from Drake. I'd hate for him not to get his credit for his part in this fiasco.
Blaming someone else for your distracting play is scummy. This is noted. Also noted is that you fail to actually contribute in this post, and your circular logic from the other pages doesn't help your case.

Finally:

Mizz Mafia: When you do not know what a word means, you look it up or read in context to make an educated guess. Also, there is a plethora of jargon on this site, which is why it contains its own wiki. Please use reference materials and do a little study. You may find that the more you play this game the easier this lingo will be to follow.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:33 pm

DraketheFake wrote:
DDD wrote:I'd also like other people to chime in on this one because I think this could be big.
Make your own case, friend-o.
Will do, or at least pose some direct questions.

In everyone's opinion is it reasonable (excluding a ZEEnon level meltdown) that you can be unhappy with someone's play twelve hours into the serious part of the game? I contend it is not reasonable at all.

Furthermore, the very act of claiming to be unhappy with my entire play (all one post in twelve hours of serious play) and suspicious of it suggests he knows that the single data point of the post where I agreed with him is not significant on it's own.

So there's one of two options that I see, 1) he's being honest, but entirely unreasonable in his opinions or 2) he's being dishonest and simply pushing for a town lynch. Either way his actions are anti-town. My vote stays on ZEEnon till he shows up again so I can get a better read, but freeko heads up the rest of the top of my current scum list.

***This is the section where I banter in a witty fashion with Drake in an unserious manner. Do not be alarmed good citizens.***
But but but what about witty reparteeeeeeeee?

I, for one, appreciated DDD's efforts to clear himself using silly logic, which is kind of my thing. If I hadn't misread it I'd have been even more totally fine with. I'm a little dismayed he didn't find a way to turn my follow-up pot calling the kettle black aphorism against me.
At least someone understood, even if it's the idiot still voting for me. Furthermore, it would've been redundant to go through the same proof with another cliche (not that I didn't briefly consider it).
And finally DtF is me. Or, rather, the acronym you get when you separate the first letters of the 3 words of my username (
D
rake
t
he
F
ake). You'll find that players often do this to save time on typing, or, in Danny's case, to remind themselves of large breasts.
Ironic, coming from the guy whose acronym stands for
D
own
t
o
F
uck. He's just here trolling for sex, considering there are minors on this site he's probably a pedo. Being a pedo is a scumtell, lynch him.
Mizz.Mafia
Mizz.Mafia
Townie
Mizz.Mafia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by Mizz.Mafia »

but i dont want to read everything T-T...

DDD said:
Ironic, coming from the guy whose acronym stands for Down to Fuck. He's just here trolling for sex, considering there are minors on this site he's probably a pedo. Being a pedo is a scumtell, lynch him.
LOL thats funny o.o made me laugh >_<
strawberrie[s]♥
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Mizz.Mafia wrote:but i dont want to read everything T-T...
If ever a game really needed a dayvig, it would be now.

I'm not allowing the meta "new = null most overt scumtells" to seep through this site.
Vote: Mizz.Mafia

(no ZEEnon, you're not off the hook yet)
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Amished »

If anything, I would contest that no matter the situation a dayvig (if available) would be detrimental. Leaving her alive would make it quite easy to read such a new player, and/or mislead them long enough to get a lynch. However, that can easily backfire with people looking out for it, and then we can find scum yet another way by seeing who's targeting who with their arguments. I'd contest that it'd not be a good time (or at least a good target) for a day-vig as I highly doubt she's scum.

DDD: I think it's reasonable to be unhappy with somebody 2 minutes into the game, if they're either not with the spirit of the game, completely unreadable, or a myriad of other valid reasons. Posting style or how they argue definitely would fall under that for me, so trying to defer suspicion onto somebody else for how they feel about your posting style, how you act, or otherwise reasonably sufficient reasons to be rather scummish.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Mizz.Mafia
Mizz.Mafia
Townie
Mizz.Mafia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by Mizz.Mafia »

wow.
strawberrie[s]♥
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Amished wrote:If anything, I would contest that no matter the situation a dayvig (if available) would be detrimental. Leaving her alive would make it quite easy to read such a new player, and/or mislead them long enough to get a lynch. However, that can easily backfire with people looking out for it, and then we can find scum yet another way by seeing who's targeting who with their arguments. I'd contest that it'd not be a good time (or at least a good target) for a day-vig as I highly doubt she's scum.
Inevitably, I think leaving her alive would result in enough anti-town play on her part to make a wagon of votes difficult to splice. Scum love scummy or new town, as it's easy to build an actual case against them. A policy lynch would hardly be cleaner, but it leaves less room for scum to present an entirely pro-town case while jumping on her wagon. I worry that any wagon against her will be worthless for analysis as she sinks herself deeper.

Let's hope I'm wrong. Spend a night with the wiki and some older mafia discussion threads, pretty please Mizz.Mafia.

I'd also like to hear more from Jere & Pacman.
Mizz.Mafia
Mizz.Mafia
Townie
Mizz.Mafia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Post by Mizz.Mafia »

i cant tell if your being nice or mean..
strawberrie[s]♥
na85
na85
Goon
na85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Post by na85 »

Light-kun wrote:
na85 wrote:Excellent, thank you Nuwen.
If you do not contribute more than a single line in agreement with an argument, I will write your name in the Death Note. You do NOT post like this in order to appear to be actively playing a game when your not. I would prefer you type a [valid] post when you have the time to this crap, but if you can only do the latter, I request you replace yourself. This doesn't help town for you to just say, "This person is right." Oh, and as a note, I will refer to you as "Cow" since I don't really like using "na" as a name of reference, and I am much to lazy to recall alphanumerics
Here's a thought, how about you calm the fuck down?

I had a question that was relevant to the game we're playing, and Nuwen was kind enough to repond and point me in the right direction. I then thanked her for taking the time to help a new player like myself.

As for your assinine comments about my level of activity: I play how I want to play. You do NOT get to dictate my play style, and certainly not in insulting, superior tones the way you did. If you can't handle people who don't post every day, I request you get down on your knees and kiss my ass since it doesn't help town for you to just say "You're a bad player."

Oh, and as a side note, I'm going to call you "Douchebag" because you're a fucking asshole and I don't like people who talk tough over the internet and I don't really like weaboos who use the term "kun" in their handles.

unvote: Drake the Fake, vote: Light-kun

Why am I voting for you? Because town has no use for trolls. As a town we want people who will calmly and rationally debate and discuss. You don't seem interested in doing that so you're either scum or you're a poor town player. Either way, you aren't pro-town.
Call me Nate
na85
na85
Goon
na85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by na85 »

You know what? I was going to post some analysis but instead I think I'll go to bed. No sense in trying to be objective when I'm pissed off.
Call me Nate
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Light-kun wrote:If you do not contribute more than a single line in agreement with an argument, I will write your name in the Death Note. You do NOT post like this in order to appear to be actively playing a game when your not. I would prefer you type a [valid] post when you have the time to this crap, but if you can only do the latter, I request you replace yourself. This doesn't help town for you to just say, "This person is right." Oh, and as a note, I will refer to you as "Cow" since I don't really like using "na" as a name of reference, and I am much to lazy to recall alphanumerics.
This is a pretty bad misread - if you'd looked literally three posts above, you'd have noticed na85 asking for information about the generally accepted roles in a "normal" mini, and then by some chance you might have noticed that the end of Nuwen's post contained information in regards to that question, and then there's an outside chance you wouldn't have made an ass out of yourself by lashing out disproportionately harshly against an innocuous post and further acquitted yourself by being too lazy to recall 4 goddamn characters.
DDD wrote:So there's one of two options that I see, 1) he's being honest, but entirely unreasonable in his opinions or 2) he's being dishonest and simply pushing for a town lynch. Either way his actions are anti-town. My vote stays on ZEEnon till he shows up again so I can get a better read, but freeko heads up the rest of the top of my current scum list.
I think there's probably option 1.5) He overstated his case in agreeing with somebody else's suspicions in an attempt to look like he was adding content and not merely hopping onto a bandwagon. Which I'm not giving my full blessing by any means, but I think there's at least a reasonable chance that that is townie behavior.

But you do make a good point about ZEEnon's disappearance.
Mizz.Mafia wrote:i cant tell if your being nice or mean..
I think what he's trying to be is "helpful."
DDD wrote:
Ittsa me, Maaaaaaaahrio wrote:And finally DtF is me. Or, rather, the acronym you get when you separate the first letters of the 3 words of my username (DraketheFake). You'll find that players often do this to save time on typing, or, in Danny's case, to remind themselves of large breasts.
Ironic, coming from the guy whose acronym stands for
D
own
t
o
F
uck. He's just here trolling for sex, considering there are minors on this site he's probably a pedo. Being a pedo is a scumtell, lynch him.
Mind = blown. Though your grasp of what constitutes irony leaves a bit to be desired.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Fishythefish »

ZEEnon overreacted to joke votes, and gathered some real suspicion- to my mind, his overreaction is not very scummy. I agree that DDD’s vote on him looks pretty bad. The only use for that as scum would be if he genuinely thought that his attackers could be lynch for their joke votes, which doesn’t seem at all likely. I personally support the RVS as the only effective way to start a game.

The “slip” and the “slip in pointing out the slip” both seem pretty much irrelevant. If there was anything to be gained from this, it is that freeko stretches quite a long way in saying that the latter was a slip.

After the “glass houses” thing, DDD was attacked for using it to “prove” he was town. This was never meant to be taken seriously, as he says here:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:1) Those in glass houses should not throw stones.
2) I'm indicting someone for terrible play.
3) Drake is therefore insinuating my play is terrible.
4) Via my syllogism which he quoted to use accepting it as fact because otherwise his jab doesn't work; terrible play is town play.
5) Therefore I am town.
Careful with linear logic, kids. Drake's comment snarkily called your play terrible and did nothing to prove your generalization that terrible play equals a terrible
town
player. This is an inverted strawman - you're attempting to prove the statement "I'm terrible, I'm town" after assuming "terrible play -> universally been terrible town play" is an axiom. The only truism here is "terrible play equals terrible play." Hinging DDD's statement on "so far" deconstructs the statement's endurance even further in practice - if terrible play is qualified as town-only play 'thus far,' WIFOM is established for any future terrible play. Great door to create.

I don't like this contrived attempt to prove alignment.
I agree (there's that terrible scumtell again, freeko). It was utterly contrived because it was merely a way to throw Drake's
insult
back at him. I contend my play isn't terrible and thus the whole syllogism is a moot point anyways.
I think this attack is another stretch from freeko, going too hard after a light-hearted post. All in all, I think freeko’s attack on DDD is overdone.

Mizz.Mafia, you should try to play an active role in the game, which includes reading all the posts and forming opinions on the other players. Anything less is bad for the town.

Light-kun’s attack on na is frankly bizarre- na thanked another player for general information, and L-k attacked him for it, presumably without having read the thread properly- not terribly impressive really.

Because I think his attacks are contrived,
vote: freeko
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:39 am

Post by Fishythefish »

EBWOP:
unvote, vote: freeko
freeko
freeko
Goon
freeko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:39 am

Post by freeko »

fishy wrote: I personally support the RVS as the only effective way to start a game.
This is your first misconception.
fishy wrote: Because I think his attacks are contrived,
contrived? So it was obviously planned? Brilliant. End commentary on that load of (fill in the blank yoruself).

So by questioning someone who is doing nothing but buddying and using circular logic, I am obviously scum?

Fishy, what you are doing is a CONTRIVED attack. You present nothing to substantiate your claim. Whereas I use the blatant buddying and circular logic DDD was using to "defend" himself from DtF. The whole thing could have been avouided by simply ignoring the issue. That he chose to approach it inthe way he did should tell you something.

The "slip" was the first exercise in use of circular logic. Someone needed to point that out, obviously I felt compelled to do so. It was used to demonstrate the application of WIFOM. Both DtF and I realized that it was circular logic and the whole thing is a non issue. Pay attention to the context of things.
fishy wrote: I think this attack is another stretch from freeko, going too hard after a light-hearted post. All in all, I think freeko’s attack on DDD is overdone.
Yet the posted pieces that are above this dont even involve me. You quote an exchange between Nuwen and DDD that only involves me becaue I pointed out to DDD that he is doing nothing but using circular logic and buddying to make his points.

Well done in this epic fail of a contrived attack on someone. At least next time try to bring some manner of evidence that supports your claims next time. Only time will tell what the true intent of this "attack" on me by fishy was all about. It is noted none the less.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Fishythefish »

freeko wrote:
drake wrote: Seems like a slip
Here is an applcation of WIFOM. This could only be a slip if you had inforation to know that it was infact either a slip or not a slip. There is no posted vanilla claim so you cannot know if you are a penguin or not unless your role says as much. This could be the beginning symptoms of "perfect information syndrome" as well, where the scum have all the information of their rooles and can share that amongst themselves.

I am more weary of those who attempt to point out a slip this early in the game than those who potentially made the slip. im gonna be watching you, drake. I think it is you who may have made the slip by pointing ourt that someone ekse had made a slip.
I think that this attack is entirely unconvincing, and, yes "contrived", by which I mean a stretch. You later retracted it to some extent, but you still posted it, and I struggle to see why.
freeko wrote: I really think you gotta go at this point. Your little I am town WIFOM play is just another nail in your coffin as I see it. For those who missed it post #109 will reveal all. For me you have made 2 mistakes. The first was just your attempt to buddy up to me by outright agreeing with my post. That is something I dont like, especially when no other perspective or narrative is given. Its totally worthless at that point. The second is the "I am terrible therefore I am town" WIFOM smoke screen you created with post #109.
freeko wrote:
It was utterly contrived because it was merely a way to throw Drake's insult back at him. I contend my play isn't terrible and thus the whole syllogism is a moot point anyways.
WIFOM.. and more of it. You only seem to want to wrap yourself in a WIFOM web. Here you go again, irreguardless of your play being terrible in your eyes or not. It is the evaluation of others interpretation of your play that matters equally so.

I think the saying goes something like: Its a tangled web we weave, when it is the intent to deceive?

Though I do understand the intent to retort drake by trying to turn the insult back at him. Wouldnt a better play have been to just ignore it?
The quote in my above post was intended to illustrate that DDD did not mean his WIFOM proof of innocence- which I think was totally clear. Because of this, your attacks on him for this reason seemed, again, a stretch. Incidentally, I have no problem with your attack on him for buddying.

I think two of your posts have been rather flawed. Sorry I didn't quote them back at you when saying this. I certainly didn't say anywhere that you were "obviously scum", as you say in your post- and I don't think that. I merely think that, on the little information we have, you are as good a candidate as any, and would ask you not to put such extreme words into my mouth.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Fishythefish »

freeko wrote:
[On DDD's response to Dtf's insult]
The whole thing could have been avouided by simply ignoring the issue. That he chose to approach it inthe way he did should tell you something.
Sure. When somebody insulted DDD jokingly (as in with no serious evidence or accusation), ignoring it would have been a valid response. DDD instead gave a joking reply- to me this seems just as valid.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:18 am

Drake wrote:
DDD wrote:So there's one of two options that I see, 1) he's being honest, but entirely unreasonable in his opinions or 2) he's being dishonest and simply pushing for a town lynch. Either way his actions are anti-town. My vote stays on ZEEnon till he shows up again so I can get a better read, but freeko heads up the rest of the top of my current scum list.
I think there's probably option 1.5) He overstated his case in agreeing with somebody else's suspicions in an attempt to look like he was adding content and not merely hopping onto a bandwagon. Which I'm not giving my full blessing by any means, but I think there's at least a reasonable chance that that is townie behavior.
But isn't that damning to a degree in and of itself. It's poor argumentation as he's stretching his case to fit his preconcieved opinions instead of letting the facts guide him to a conclusion. And your speculation about his motivation is even more so, he wanted to appear to be adding content instead of simply hopping on a wagon. Shouldn't he be more concerned about truth than how he appears to the rest of us? It may not be a scum-tell, but it seems like anti-town behavior to me and it sure as hell is suspicious.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 am

freeko wrote:Fishy, what you are doing is a CONTRIVED attack. You present nothing to substantiate your claim. Whereas I use the blatant buddying and circular logic DDD was using to "defend" himself from DtF.
freeko it seems you're the only one who still isn't getting this. Both Drake and Fishy realize the circular logic was a joke initially. Nuwen and Amished both took a look at the post and while they questioned it initially they both appear to realize that it was an ultimately useless joke post and I have apologized for not making that clearer.

Your buddying claim is equally ridiculous because of how fast you used the argument. You have a single post where I agreed with you, a single post is not enough time to establish a definitive trend of any kind. If I drew a quarter from a bag of coins would you instantly assume that all the coins in the bag were quarters? No, you would draw more coins and look for a trend, maybe after drawing four or five coins you could make an educated guess about the nature of the contents of the bag. Unfortunately, what you have here is a single quarter, not enough to make a worthwhile prediction.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”