Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Light-kun »

DraketheFake wrote:Monster post that I'm not quoting in whole.
What I gleaned from your post:

My high fish percentage. (Also, my percentages are not baseless, but at some point, you did mention that they were consistent, so no harm done.)

As the dead krill makes obvious out, I figured only two groups would make the assumption all players (not mafia?) are penguins. I figured mafia would be something that eats penguins and townies would be penguins. As a result, mafia might assume all none mafia are penguins (assuming that they're not penguins) and all townies could assume they are penguins. Fish is the first person to start up the IN JEST penguin discussion, which indicated Fish thought, joking or not, that all the town is penguins. As my quoted posts indicate, even *I* think that it is a stretch, but it did get my gears working to watch Fish. Amished was high for some reason that I actually can't remember off the top of my head... *Shrugs* Oh well.

What insulted Nate: I honestly have no idea, but don't understand how it is a scum tell. O.o

Danny: Well, I read him as town after reading Freeko's assault. Freeko was probably attempting to act like a cop (I see that now), but his lack of claim etc just left a bad taste in all our mouths. (Our=people who voted for him) and he was lynched. The point is: I thought Freeko was scum, and reading yesterday still produces that.

You're initiative, though misguided, is appreciated Drake. Sadly, I don't really have any strong suspicions. Anyone have a lead other than me?

I am very, very sorry for the terrible distress that I have caused you. I am very, very sorry...

Light-kun - 1 (DraketheFake)
hohum - 1 (Light-kun)

Not Voting - 7 (Jazzmyn, na85*, HowardRoark, Fishythefish, Nuwen, JereIC, hohum)

9 alive, 5 to lynch.

*Prodding na85.

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 353)
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@JereIC: I never said that I thought that you were scum.
Post 277I wrote:I feel there is something about JereIC that I don't like and want to discover it.
I was trying to find from where that read was coming. I wasn't trying to build a case. I asked DraketheFake simply for better understanding.

@Light-kun: No doubt that it is good to keep the second kill in mind while reading. I just wanted to bring up the fact that there are a lot of possibilities for the second kill at this point: SK, Vig, two scum teams, etc. I'm not sure how much we can learn and put to use with a discussion on it at this point.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

What with the main suspects being dead, this game needs a proper reread. I'll catch up some time tomorrow.
For now- not much point in lots of information discussion, but a DDD kill does not look like a scum kill. More likely a vig, or a SK hunting for scum.
Oh, and to clarify one thing- I did think we were in a penguins vs. other things situation, because of the flavour at the beginning- it mentioned penguins a lot, and, when referring to mafia, mentioned "predators".
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Light-kun »

True enough, hence I used that particular comment as a sign to watch you more closely. I could never conclude you were scum but meh. *Doesn't read flavor very often...*

Also:
Howard, I'm slightly bothered that you think knowing or speculating of a vig, sk, or second mafia group doesn't help us now. It offers us a warning as to what we might be fighting. Though, I think that a second mafia group is rather unlikely, we should be wary of a Serial killer or whatever. If its vig, hm.... what should we do assuming vig? Act as though we have two votes? The serial killer might listen though I highly doubt the mafia (if there are two) will.

Anyway, I still lack a lead...
so...
arbitrary vote:
Vote Zeenon

I might be able to pull a crappy case together later.
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Light-kun wrote:You're initiative, though misguided, is appreciated Drake. Sadly, I don't really have any strong suspicions. Anyone have a lead other than me?
I never know how to take this sort of sentiment. I obviously don't like your last line, as it smacks slightly of desperation, and I also don't like the fact that you don't seem to remember that ZEEnon was replaced.
Light-kun wrote:Howard, I'm slightly bothered that you think knowing or speculating of a vig, sk, or second mafia group doesn't help us now. It offers us a warning as to what we might be fighting. Though, I think that a second mafia group is rather unlikely, we should be wary of a Serial killer or whatever. If its vig, hm.... what should we do assuming vig? Act as though we have two votes? The serial killer might listen though I highly doubt the mafia (if there are two) will.
It's not really worthwhile to speculate exactly because we don't want anybody to come out and claim vig right now. Also because speculation =! scumhunting, and in fact detracts from it, which is really the only paramount thing at the moment.

That said.

Looking back, hohum (nee ZEEnon) has some answering to do for ZEEnon's play at the end of yesterday. More and more, it looks like ZEEnon was a skittish scum who freaked under joke pressure then lurked the rest of the day while pressuring the only other truly inactive player. I could certainly get behind a wagon there, but I would like to hear from hohum first.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Wulfy »

DraketheFake wrote:
Light-kun wrote:You're initiative, though misguided, is appreciated Drake. Sadly, I don't really have any strong suspicions. Anyone have a lead other than me?
I never know how to take this sort of sentiment. I obviously don't like your last line, as it smacks slightly of desperation, and I also don't like the fact that you don't seem to remember that ZEEnon was replaced.
Zeenon was replaced...? *Head desk* Actually, I genuinely missed that. As for the sentiment: Indicates that your percentage decreased. As for the "desperation" it made you percentage go up (as a comment, makes it seem you are pushing, needlessly, for my lynch. This post brings no pressure against me, is thus useless and mildly suspicious. And finding forgetting a replacement scummy is, flatly, dumb.)

Again: What was Nate so angry at me for? That was part of your case and you chose to ignore my question? Albeit, I could have missed your answer.
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Wulfy »

Wulfy wrote:
DraketheFake wrote:
Zeenon was replaced...? *Head desk* Actually, I genuinely missed that. As for the sentiment: Indicates that your percentage decreased. As for the "desperation" it made you percentage go up (as a comment, makes it seem you are pushing, needlessly, for my lynch. This post brings no pressure against me, is thus useless and mildly suspicious. And finding forgetting a replacement scummy is, flatly, dumb.)

Again: What was Nate so angry at me for? That was part of your case and you chose to ignore my question? Albeit, I could have missed your answer.
WRONG GAME! please delete!
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Wulfy wrote: WRONG GAME! please delete!
STRING UP THE ALT.
Light-Kun wrote: Freeko was probably attempting to act like a cop (I see that now), but his lack of claim etc just left a bad taste in all our mouths. (Our=people who voted for him) and he was lynched. The point is: I thought Freeko was scum, and reading yesterday still produces that.
Freeko's behavior was definitely not in line with a cop's on day 1. Without an investigation result, he had no results to breadcrumb and no reason to relentlessly pursue a case on Danny at the cost of his own town appearance.
HowardRoark wrote: @Light-kun: No doubt that it is good to keep the second kill in mind while reading. I just wanted to bring up the fact that there are a lot of possibilities for the second kill at this point: SK, Vig, two scum teams, etc. I'm not sure how much we can learn and put to use with a discussion on it at this point.
The variety of possible setups makes discussing the kills
more
important, not less. If we have a vig (or even an SK to barter with), we increase our capacity to policy lynch without fear. Determining the motivations for each kill is important.

Danny's kill, for example, looks like the work of a vig - I doubt a smart scum team would have killed a player who earned heavy suspicion on day 1.

I need to do a reread as well; almost all of my pair/team predictions hinged on Freeko flipping scum.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by JereIC »

HowardRoark's responses to my questions aren't totally satisfactory, but I'm going to let it drop for now.

I can't make an in-depth monster post, but I've noticed a few weird things with Light-kun.
  • Voted for both Zeenon and Freeko, both of whom were easy picks
  • On March 2nd, he said DDD was engaging in scummy play, but on 3/4 said he didn't get a scum read from DDD
  • His comment that he was "Obvious Kira" in his post giving a percentage on everyone was odd - sometimes scum or SK will make jokes about this, it's not common or a terrific scumtell, but it happens
  • Responding to DtF's case by saying it was a misguided initiative looked like he was trying to placate DtF, and doesn't show the suspicion I normally associate with a townie falsely accused
And now I too schlep off to reread the thread more closely.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Sorry for the delay, folks. I have re-read the entire thread three times now and I've pretty much completed my post by post notes on all the players, so now I just have to summarize those notes and distill my analysis from them, and I should be able to post my analysis about my current prime suspects tomorrow.

Regards,
Jazz
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Light-kun »

JereIC wrote:HowardRoark's responses to my questions aren't totally satisfactory, but I'm going to let it drop for now.

I can't make an in-depth monster post, but I've noticed a few weird things with Light-kun.
  • Voted for both Zeenon and Freeko, both of whom were easy picks
  • On March 2nd, he said DDD was engaging in scummy play, but on 3/4 said he didn't get a scum read from DDD
  • His comment that he was "Obvious Kira" in his post giving a percentage on everyone was odd - sometimes scum or SK will make jokes about this, it's not common or a terrific scumtell, but it happens
  • Responding to DtF's case by saying it was a misguided initiative looked like he was trying to placate DtF, and doesn't show the suspicion I normally associate with a townie falsely accused
And now I too schlep off to reread the thread more closely.
Interesting, but:

1. Danny did look scummy. Hell, everyone looks scummy to me. Though, I need to check my percents to see who's less so. Hell, seeing Amished flip, I probably need to reset them.

2. Kira=Light yagami. I think you should know I play the game, I'm not serious.

3. It was good initiative, but its misguided. Do explain to me why I, town-aligned, should worry about an attack against me? The attack is good initiative to get conversation started, but I have nothing to hide, so I don't fear it. Obviously, since I am town-aligned (and it may only be to me), the attempt IS misguided.

A reread...did one...may need to do another. Can't wait for Jazzy to post so I get a better idea on jazz and his view of the characters in our novel.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Unvote

Zeenon was apparently replaced.
Show
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by JereIC »

Light-kun wrote:1. Danny did look scummy. Hell, everyone looks scummy to me. Though, I need to check my percents to see who's less so. Hell, seeing Amished flip, I probably need to reset them.
Right, but you seemed to change your mind about him without much of an explanation. To be fair, I was just reading through your posts and didn't read them in context, so there might have been something that somebody else said that would have obviously changed your mind.
Yeah yeah, I've seen the anime, and I'm assuming your PM wasn't for the role "God of the New World... of Penguins." (Besides which, no one's died of a heart attack, yet.) What I am saying is that sometimes scum or an SK will joke about being anti-town, and it's more common for them to make those jokes than townies in my experience.
3. It was good initiative, but its misguided. Do explain to me why I, town-aligned, should worry about an attack against me? The attack is good initiative to get conversation started, but I have nothing to hide, so I don't fear it. Obviously, since I am town-aligned (and it may only be to me), the attempt IS misguided.
What's odd is how certain you seem to be that he's not scum trying to manufacture a case against you. How do you know he's pro-town, and therefore misguided, and not scum, and therefore malicious?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:57 am

Post by JereIC »

Maybe this was obvious to everyone else, but this just occured to me:

Amished - mangled bloody death - predator

DDD - red circle on chest - gunshot - hunter
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Light-kun »

JereIC wrote:
Light-kun wrote:1. Danny did look scummy. Hell, everyone looks scummy to me. Though, I need to check my percents to see who's less so. Hell, seeing Amished flip, I probably need to reset them.
Right, but you seemed to change your mind about him without much of an explanation. To be fair, I was just reading through your posts and didn't read them in context, so there might have been something that somebody else said that would have obviously changed your mind.
Yeah yeah, I've seen the anime, and I'm assuming your PM wasn't for the role "God of the New World... of Penguins." (Besides which, no one's died of a heart attack, yet.) What I am saying is that sometimes scum or an SK will joke about being anti-town, and it's more common for them to make those jokes than townies in my experience.
What's odd is how certain you seem to be that he's not scum trying to manufacture a case against you. How do you know he's pro-town, and therefore misguided, and not scum, and therefore malicious?

1. No response.

2. Good point, but in all my percents, I say I'm scummy. I understand your point though.

3. This is true, but his case wasn't built on a stretch so it reads as from a town aligned perspective which means it translates as: Percents decreased. There is still at least a 20-30% chances he is scum. Now... about my percents:

DraketheFake - 27%
Fishythefish - 36%
JereIC - 32%
Light-kun - 100% (This is joke, as I am "Obvious Kira")
Jazzmyn - -- <--Pac was high due to WTF? Giving benefit of doubt here.
hohum - 41% <-- Still don't like Zeenon...
HowardRoark - 27%
na85 - 30%
freeko - 31%
Nuwen - 27%

I'm waiting on hohum to post and for Jazz's opinion post at the moment.
Show
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Mod: Could we have a little poke of hohum, as well? And did na85 ever pick his prod up?

hohum confirmed that he received his PM. He hasn't posted yet, so I'll send him the link to the thread, just in case he didn't receive it or something. na85 hasn't picked up their prod yet. I will send another. If they don't respond in 24 hours, I'll replace them. I seem to be pretty fortunate when it comes to getting replacements. -Mod

Light-kun wrote:1. Danny did look scummy.
Hell, everyone looks scummy to me.
Though, I need to check my percents to see who's less so. Hell, seeing Amished flip, I probably need to reset them.
But see, just throwing out arbitrary percents isn't really enough. For example, I still have no idea why Amished was ever so high on your percentage (and neither did he, from all reports), and so I can't possibly imagine how seeing him flip brought you to where you are now.

And that bolded part seems designed to cover yourself more than add anything useful to the discussion.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@Light-kun: I can understand the quick "where people stand in my eyes" percentages, but it would mean a lot more if you backed them up with reasons.

I believe that both hohum
ZEEnon
and Jazzmyn
pacman281292
have to make some effort to clear themselves of their predecessors' ways.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

First things first, my predecessor, pacman, was utterly useless, posted nothing of value and then flaked for no stated and no apparent reason. I have no idea why he did so. I've only ever played in one other game with pacman in the past and he was virtually absent in that game as well, posted next to nothing of value, and also had to be replaced in that game. That's all I know about him.

This is a tough game to get a good handle on. I've read the entirety of Day 1 three times now but I'm still not getting very many really strong impressions of the alignment of several of the players, which is a bit unusual for me. Hmph. I did my first read of the thread deliberately avoiding posts that would tell me who had been lynched so that it wouldn't cloud my judgment, and I got a town read from DDD and a very scummy read from freeko, so I can't say that I blame anyone for lynching freeko. Had I been here on Day 1, I would have voted to lynch him, too. But I was surprised that DDD came under so much fire. I really didn't buy several of the arguments made against him as I was reading them. I realize that it's different coming in as a replacement and not actually being here live, as it were, but still, those who were making what appeared to me to be fairly spurious arguments against DDD seemed suspicious to me from the get go.

Anyway, from my post by post reviews and subsequent analysis of Day 1, this is what I can offer at present as to those who are pinging most loudly on my scumdar currently.

NOTE: The following is based on Day 1 posts only. I will add more later re: Day 2 posts.

ZEEnon:
He completely freaked out over random votes and completely missed the humour that was self evident that led to the beginning of what appeared to be an obvious joke wagon. His wayyyy over the top reaction resulted in a real wagon forming on him and then he went ballistic. After he calmed down, he didn’t seem to have anything more to say except to point out the bleedingly obvious – that Mizz.Mafia and pacman hadn't posted much or contributed very meaningfully to the game. But ZEEnon didn’t contribute meaningfully even though he was actually participating and posting. His post-freakout contributions read like "oops, I'm just going to say 'safe' things now and hope that nobody looks in my direction again". And there was this strange little post directed to Light-kun:
i agree with the rest of your points, so i didn't address them or else it would be seen as me agreeing with you too much and/or me just posting for the sake of posting.
That just struck me as odd, as it looks like ZEEnon either trying to explain to his scum partner why/how he had screwed up or, alternatively, trying to
appear
to be explaining to his scum partner why/how he had screwed up, i.e. buddying up to Light-kun.

ZEEnon later, after having said that he was not going to quit the game, did just that without any notice in the thread at all. He just disappeared. The overall impression of ZEEnon that I am left with is that he was most likely scum who just couldn’t take the heat of having a wagon on him.

Drake:

His first 14 posts were ostensibly all joke posts. That's a lot of joke posts. Mind you, they led to ZEEnon's meltdown and if ZEEnon is scum, as I suspect he is, that's not a bad result. But still, something seems not quite right here. Very soon after his lengthy series of joke posts, Drake moved quickly to DDD, and seemed to focus on DDD pretty much exclusively from that point forward, but the suspicions that he levelled at DDD seem somewhat contrived to me. Then in his post 23, Drake says that DDD still thinking that ZEEnon is scum is suspicious. That seems off to me because it sounds like Drake saying that he KNOWS that ZEEnon is town, which he couldn't know unless he is scum.

Then Drake tells DDD that he "despises" softclaims by townies saying that they 'win with the town', accuses DDD of being 'schizophrenic' for accusing ZEEnon of tunnelling, (pretty strong language there - "despises" and "schizophrenic" - in circumstances that do not call for such extremes) and says that DDD was "buddying up" to Drake and Light. (again, what makes Drake so sure that Light is town, which he couldn't know unless he is scum?) In other posts to DDD, Drake also utilizes the false dilemma fallacy and offers another soft defence of Light-Kun before turning his sights to freeko eventually when it appears inevitable that that's the way the wind is blowing.

Light-Kun:

Another one who seemed to make rather disingenuous accusations against DDD on Day 1, without backing them up. Then there was that weird and unduly hostile post he made to na85 that just seemed to come out of left field. Subsequently, he seemed to side with freeko for a while before eventually voting for him, even though freeko was the scummiest player by far (despite having ultimately flipped town). Something definitely seems "off" about Light's Day 1 play but I'm not getting a "Omg, he's scum, lynch him immediately" feel from it at present. ZEEnon and Drake are pinging slightly louder.

Howard:

Not enough to go on yet, due to his predecessor, so I have to keep him in the top tier of my suspect list at present, by default.

So, those are my top suspects as of the end of Day 1. I won't post the rest of my analysis of other players, or my town reads, etc., as it wouldn't be in the best interests of the town to do so at this point, but I will catch up on the Day 2 posts asap and post more soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Regards,
Jazz
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by Nuwen »

HowardRoark wrote: I believe that both hohum
ZEEnon
and Jazzmyn
pacman281292
have to make some effort to clear themselves of their predecessors' ways.
This is a misplaced burden of proof.

Light-kun
: I'm also interested in the source of your percentage points. Creating scum lists without explanation behind each component is a tactic used to appear to be actively scumhunting while doing little to pursue scum. Even if your reads are primarily gut, could you try to isolate which sections of play give you the strongest gut feelings?
Light-Kun wrote:Anyway, I still lack a lead...
so...
arbitrary vote:
Vote Zeenon
I might be able to pull a crappy case together later.
I don't like this either. You placed an arbitrary (read: random) vote with the intention of "backing it up later." A town player has no reason to vote at random
and then
build a case, in order to justify their vote in retrograde. This is standard RVS scumtell and is even more noteworthy now that we're well out of the RVS. The ''because'' in pro-town play always precedes, not follows, a vote.

Light-Kun's vote on Zeenon instantly lifted when Jere suggested that he and freeko were "easy picks" in 358, citing a sudden wish to observe Zeenon's replacement.
Light-kun wrote:If its vig, hm.... what should we do assuming vig? Act as though we have two votes? The serial killer might listen though I highly doubt the mafia (if there are two) will.
Good uses for a vig off the top of my head:

1. Substitute for policy lynches. The nature policy lynches makes wagon-based scumhunting very difficult. This play allows the town to pursue a genuinely scummy player, obtain wagon reads, and still kill an anti-town or detrimental player.

2. Dealing with counterclaims. In a situation where either A and B have counterclaimed, vigging one determines who is lying without sacrificing the town's wagon data that day.

3. Testing bulletproof/unkillable claims. Next to vanilla, late-game bulletproof claims are common from scum. If the player hasn't behaved superlatively pro-town or the claim can't be corroborated by a missed kill, itsa viggin' time.

We'll be able to discern an SK/second scum team from a vig in a night or two - it's not always optimal vig play to use his or her ability every night, but the former two factions will only skip a kill if forced to by a block/protect or as part of a complex gambit.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Double post removed. -Mod
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Sorry for the double post. I love dorm wireless.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Fishythefish »

So, reading through the thread again I can't say anything leaps out at me. Thoughts on a couple of players receiving attention at the moment:
Light-kun

I agree with Nuwen that his vote is bad. The implication behind it is much worse than a random vote- he appears to be saying that he has picked a player, and will then try to construct a case on them. It is also true that his change of stance on DDD does look a little odd- when moving to attacking DDD's attacker, his opinion on DDD seems to change dramatically.
The initial percentages have now been explained; however, in the new ones, I still have an elevated percentage. There is still no explanation for this, beyond an incredibly weak and old one that I explained. I really think if you are going to make lists like this, they should be explained more thoroughly. Otherwise you are just throwing out random accusations with no reason.

Zeenon

Yes, Zeenon overreacted hugely to joke votes/posts. However, I don't really see this as a scum tell- townies can overreact as well. The point that he tried to make safe posts from then on is a valid one, and does point to zeenon actively trying to avoid attention.
Jazzmyn wrote:And there was this strange little post directed to Light-kun:
i agree with the rest of your points, so i didn't address them or else it would be seen as me agreeing with you too much and/or me just posting for the sake of posting.
That just struck me as odd, as it looks like ZEEnon either trying to explain to his scum partner why/how he had screwed up or, alternatively, trying to
appear
to be explaining to his scum partner why/how he had screwed up, i.e. buddying up to Light-kun.

This post by ZEEnon is an open admission he is trying to avoid looking scummy, but I don't see it as anything more than that myself.
Jazz's impression of ZEEnon is scum who couldn't take the heat; I agree with the latter, but not so sure of the scum bit.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Fishythefish wrote:So, reading through the thread again I can't say anything leaps out at me. Thoughts on a couple of players receiving attention at the moment:
Light-kun

I agree with Nuwen that his vote is bad. The implication behind it is much worse than a random vote- he appears to be saying that he has picked a player, and will then try to construct a case on them. It is also true that his change of stance on DDD does look a little odd- when moving to attacking DDD's attacker, his opinion on DDD seems to change dramatically.
The initial percentages have now been explained; however, in the new ones, I still have an elevated percentage. There is still no explanation for this, beyond an incredibly weak and old one that I explained. I really think if you are going to make lists like this, they should be explained more thoroughly. Otherwise you are just throwing out random accusations with no reason.

Zeenon

Yes, Zeenon overreacted hugely to joke votes/posts. However, I don't really see this as a scum tell- townies can overreact as well. The point that he tried to make safe posts from then on is a valid one, and does point to zeenon actively trying to avoid attention.
Jazzmyn wrote:And there was this strange little post directed to Light-kun:
appear

This post by ZEEnon is an open admission he is trying to avoid looking scummy, but I don't see it as anything more than that myself.
Jazz's impression of ZEEnon is scum who couldn't take the heat; I agree with the latter, but not so sure of the scum bit.
Honestly, this post made your percentage go up.

Looking over Amished:
He never mentioned me except in regards of my percents. So, up until my percents were posted, I was wholly ignored. I elevated (read "lied") to see his reaction. He was concerned about them which kept his percent at the heightened level with zero threat. (eg, like Fish, I would watch him without really pursuing him until he screwed up.)

Next:

Which percent would you like explained? I am much too lazy to actually go through each one and explain it.

Next:

Vote hohum

After Fish's last post and Jazz giving her view on the freakout and Zeenon's play, I can almost see the faint outline of Fish+Zeenon, but far more likely: Zeenon=mafia.

Also, when I say arbitrary, I mean arbitrary. It isn't random in the sense that their exists a reason that is personal or the vote is seemingly random. I planned on demonstrating my case alter and I typed arbitrary to see how people would react. Didn't get much from it though. Oh well.

Let us see how the day goes, neh?
Show
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

The percentage I wanted explained was my own.

I have a problem with L-k's last post in that it twice uses the line "I did it to get reactions";
Light-kun wrote:I elevated (read "lied") to see his reaction.
L-k wrote: I planned on demonstrating my case alter and I typed arbitrary to see how people would react. Didn't get much from it though. Oh well.
I also find it extraordinary that your first reaction to someone not agreeing with a case is to label them as a possible scumpartner of the attacked player. It looks like you intend to make me agree with you lest I be labelled ZEEnon's scumpartner.

vote: Light-kun
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Activity Check:

na85 - Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:29 pm
hohum - Hasn't posted yet..
JereIC - Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:57 am
DraketheFake - Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:04 pm
HowardRoark - Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:32 pm
Jazzmyn - Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:40 pm
Nuwen - Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 am
Light-kun - Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:05 pm
Fishythefish - Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:29 pm

If na85 doesn't post by tomorrow, when I first check the thread, I will be replacing them. hohum has been prodded.
Last edited by orangepenguin on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”