Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

WE NEED MOAR MYKONIAN LYNCH NOW
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Prods out... Again...
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by populartajo »

Im sorry.
Come back post in some hours. Prob tomorrow.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Sigh.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Adel »

Jahudo wrote:
Adel wrote:I have a player specific meta against qwints now: he has a scumtell. He, like many players before they learn better, mentions his scum buddy by name in his first post.
This scumtell is quite common for newer players, and is mostly useful in large games where the odds of a person typing another person's name are lower.

link to him naming his scumpartner with one other player in his first post where he names a name
unvote, vote: Jebus
It looks like in that case he labeled one of his buddies as scum but only devotes 1 sentence to that, then has a couple paragraphs where he suspects half the town. If that thinktank guy died would qwints have died? Because I think distancing is different when it involves cults and lovers.

And if Jebus is a CL we don't want to lynch him. I think it's a good bet he is because I still think he was asking god to kill someone he thought was Neitsche.

Why do I get two points for him saying happy birthday? I think as a fluff post that's a null tell.
It wouldn't be different -- it is a psychological tell. I have played in three previous large cult games, and I am the Lover's mechanic expert. Look at my wiki page and observe my flawless record in Lovers and Polygamist games.

Why did I eliminate mykonian?
He is getting run up becuase the cults ar using his hammer as an excuse to lynch him, obviously.

Jebus wouldn't run God to lynch-1, obviously.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Adel »

Jahudo wrote:I don't understand her point distribution.
naming a person and not naming a person are decisions. With 20 players in the game, each player will not name all of the players. I've observed, over countless games, that newer players (sub 2000 non spam game posts) almost always name the person they have hidden information (investigation results, scum buddy, night move target, mason partner, ect), even in large games. The numbers are arbitary, weighted by how valuable I think each one is in identifying who the person has hidden information on.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Adel »

populartajo wrote:Im sorry.
I think you are town, and I need support on my Jebus wagon.

Please vote with me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Adel wrote:I think you are town, and I need support on my Jebus wagon.
I'm here to help.

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Adel wrote:
populartajo wrote:Im sorry.
I think you are town, and I need support on my Jebus wagon.

Please vote with me.
In light of the points that Adel brought up, I have to agree with her. The biggest point that she made was the fact that qwints very carefully avoided mention of the possibility that Jebus was God. It's good that we are talking about this now and not yesterday, as more evidence has piled pointing Jebus as CL or God due to the NK. Cult would want use to see Jebus as CL so they won't get lynched, which is why many people have came to Jebus' aid early today.

I'll vote him:
Unvote, Vote: Jebus
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

To add, if myko gets close to lynch, I put my vote back on him, as my views on him have largely unchanged. Both Jebus and mykonian seem to be in panic-mode, so they look guilty to me. /shrug
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Adel »

SilverPhoenix wrote:Cult would want
use
us
to see Jebus as CL so they won't get lynched, which is why many people have came to Jebus' aid early today.
This is it in a nutshell, but I fixed a minor typo.

to our lurkers:
you are town. I get that. You are unsure if you are going to end up recruited, so you are unsure about how much time you want to invest in this game. It is easy to make that decision. I understand. Look at the people who are on the mykonian wagon, and DGB who just voted off of the wagon. Can you identify people who are have been very critical of each other? Cult want to kill the other CR, and want to save god. My theory holds that the people on the mykonian wagon are almost all cult (possibly including Silver Phoenix) -- they know who God is.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Post by X »

Adel wrote:My theory holds that the people on the mykonian wagon are almost all cult (possibly including Silver Phoenix) -- they know who God is.
I have really been unable to read ZSW - I was leaning town before, but I have no idea now. I wouldn't say DGB is certain cult either. Jebus, as you pointed out, and I pointed out earlier, could be God. And I know I'm not Cult.
SilverPhoenix wrote:To add, if myko gets close to lynch, I put my vote back on him, as my views on him have largely unchanged. Both Jebus and mykonian seem to be in panic-mode, so they look guilty to me. /shrug
QFT.

Wherever you need me for a lynch, I'll be there.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:20 am

Post by Adel »

A question specifically for X: if Nietzsche killed, what happens to god? How can you fulfill your win condition once Nietzsche is dead?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:16 am

Post by populartajo »

Kay, Im going to trust everything Adel says until tomorrow.
Obvious things : DGB is culted. Will need to reread more carefully on ther weeked.
Votecount, plz?
Call me Tajo.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

The Seventeenth Votecount:

Adel: Proof that either there is no God, or ze has a real good sense of humour.

hp [leaves] --- 0 {None}
DrippingGoofball --- 0 {None}
Jahudo --- 0 {None}
Jebus --- 3 {Adel, DrippingGoofball, SilverPhoenix}
mask man --- 0 {None}
mykonian --- 6 {Jebus, X, zwetschenwasser, Jahudo, Double A, hp [leaves]}
ortolan --- 0 {None}
pacman281292 --- 1 {Zakeri}
populartajo --- 0 {None}
SilverPhoenix --- 0 {None}
Indigo Heron --- 0 {None}
Adel --- 0 {None}
Ting =) --- 0 {None}
Double A --- 0 {None}
X --- 0 {None}
al_kohaulec --- 1 {populartajo}
Zakeri --- 2 {ortolan, pacman281292}
zwetschenwasser --- 0 {None}

Not Voting --- 5 {mask man, mykonian, Indigo Heron, al_kohaulec, Ting =)}

Ten votes to lynch. The deadline is on
March 24th
at 4:00 PM PST.

Three prods yet to be received. Mod is feeling sick. Send happy thoughts.

Disclaimer: This is just flavour, anything you think you're getting from it, you're not. There's nothing here to get. Go away.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:52 am

Post by populartajo »

Vote: Jebus.

So anyone can tell me why mykonian is the best option?
Call me Tajo.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:47 am

Post by X »

Adel wrote:A question specifically for X: if Nietzsche killed, what happens to god? How can you fulfill your win condition once Nietzsche is dead?
Odd question. I assume you mean if Nietzsche is killed...God leaves the game. It's impossible to fulfill my win condition at that point. However, it's possible to win after that point by getting recruited - i.e., getting my win condition changed.

Why do you ask? And why me?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mykonian is not god, mykonian has too many votes to be god.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Zakeri wrote:
Jahudo wrote:
mykonian wrote:new idea: while day one agnostics were still in a clear majority, this changed day 2.
I think it still is a clear majority. 2 CL, plus 4 max recruits, plus god = 7 people who don't want to find god.

Zakeri is starting to lurk again and I don't like it again. There's a handful of people I'm suspicious of though.
I deny that I am lurking again. There wasn't really been much update when I checked yesterday

I have found and looked over the case on Mykon and it's well written. I'd like to see something better from Myk though, since his defence was pretty weak. And then there's X's recent catch, which really bothers me.
It's been 9 days and you're back to lurking. You want to hear something more from Myk, well me too, but I want to hear what you think beyond something bothers you and something is well written. I can't tell where you stand on who is god.
Double A
Double A
Townie
Double A
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Double A »

DrippingGoofball wrote:mykonian is not god, mykonian has too many votes to be god.
True...

since the evidence is more convincing.
[url=http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=119802]Capo de Tutti Capi III on totalwar.org - so amazing your head will pop[/url]
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Jebus »

DrippingGoofball wrote:mykonian is not god, mykonian has too many votes to be god.
This can become circular waaaaaay too fast.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Adel »

Jebus wrote:There's so much wifom in this it's ridiculous.
Jebus wrote:
hp [leaves] wrote:Voting for cult leaderish people is a culttell
Can you say WIFOM?
Jebus wrote:
This can become circular waaaaaay too fast.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Adel »

can you say something besides "WIFOM" please?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by ortolan »

Adel (1089) wrote:I have a player specific meta against qwints now: he has a scumtell. He, like many players before they learn better, mentions his scum buddy by name in his first post.
This scumtell is quite common for newer players, and is mostly useful in large games where the odds of a person typing another person's name are lower.

link to him naming his scumpartner with one other player in his first post where he names a name
The linked game is not a large game (thus making it more likely independently he would have mentioned his scumbuddy by name in his first post due to fewer players being able-to-be-mentioned). This makes your sample of one even less valid.
Adel (1089) wrote:God did not kill Jebus last night. That means that Jebus is not Nietzsche, nor is he a Xian recruit. (God would've killed him just to make sure.) Later in the game anyone who is interested in figuring out who Jebus recruited night 0 can look though his past games and see what other player in this game demonstrated proficiency in his previous games. That will be who he recruited if he is a CR. (probably one of Jahudo, tajo, packman, or Silver)
Here you implicitly imply/acknowledge Jebus is a cult leader rather than God- "those interested in figuring out who Jebus recruited night 0" despite concluding he is in fact God.
Adel (1089) wrote:I think that it is much more likely that zakeri is being set up by Jahudo or Jebus.
You haven't justified this.
Adel (1089) wrote: There is a real chance that qwint naming Jebus as unrecruitable was a wifom gambit.. he had nothing to lose at that point.
From a theory perspective, what did qwints have to gain by WIFOMING us into choosing to lynch him or God? He would lose if either lynch went through.
qwints (1089) wrote:he never mentioned the possibility that Jebus was god. That was his false premise.Note how complete his maths are in subsequent posts. He could not be unaware of the possibility that Jebus was god. He had to keep god alive, but he also had to keep himself alive. Naming Jebus as unrecruitable would keep N. from vigging god.
Um, if he took into account that Jebus would be God he had to assume he was lying about trying to recruit Jebus (because he, as a cult leader, knows who God is and would not try to recruit them). So this point isn't valid.
Adel (1091) wrote:4. Players with hidden information (scum) are much more likely to name each other.
5. All of my chief scum suspects named Jebus multiple times.
So you're saying the cult players are likely to attack the other cult players e.g. Jebus.
X (1095) wrote:
ortolan wrote:um the fact DGB-cult and Jebus-OBVCULT are on mykonian's wagon is enough reason to pile off it in droves.

Please vote Zakeri and I'll give you candy.
I take your premises ("DGB-cult and Jebus-OBVCULT") with significant doubt.
Why? I already went into great detail on why Jebus is a cult leader. By extension DGB pushing for his lynch means she is probably of the other cult.
X (1095) wrote:And you're eliminating mykonian based on...
I don't even know why mykonian was ever being voted. Can someone give me a summary of the supposed case against him?
Jahudo (1096) wrote:And if Jebus is a CL we don't want to lynch him. I think it's a good bet he is because I still think he was asking god to kill someone he thought was Neitsche.
It's true. The likelihood of Jebus being a cult leader and us insta-losing by lynching him is still very, very, very high. I am also not inclined to believe it was a gambit by qwints to name God because firstly that would be 100% pointless for him achieving his win condition and secondly I probably would have expected to see at least some outrage, however muted, subtle or concealed from another cult player at qwints trying to "get God lynched" like that, but I didn't pick up on any.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:05 pm

It's not obvious that DGB is culted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”