Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Hohum, it has been 12 days since you replaced in and you have yet to post anything. Would you please share your thoughts on the game so far? I think that new eyes and new reads would be very helpful.

Also, welcome aboard Looker. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the game so far, as well, once you have had the opportunity to read the thread.

Regards,
Jazz

Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.

hohum - 1 (Light-kun)

Not Voting - 8 (Jazzmyn, HowardRoark, Nuwen, hohum, Fishythefish, JereIC, DraketheFake, Looker)

9 alive, 5 to lynch.

LK forgot to unvote hohum, so his fishy vote doesn't count.

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 426)
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Fishythefish (414) wrote:I can't really be accused of getting the freeko bandwagon going. My vote was for different reasons to all the other votes on him, including my later vote, and is pretty much unrelated to the bandwagon on him.
Whether or not your original vote was for different reasons than others who joined the wagon doesn't mean that you didn't start it. It is the fact that you started it with your vote in 144. Then placed the 4th vote on Debonair Danny DiPietro in 212. Finally moving back to freeko with the 4th vote. Justification for a vote is an important factor. However, when you jump onto the middle of a wagon of an obvious lynch candidate, it is easy to find reason as that player is most likely doing something wrong.

Welcome, Looker. I hope you can enjoy thr reading and join the discussion soon.

mod: prod hohum. Thank you.

Done
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:42 am

Post by HowardRoark »

V/LA 28-30 MAR 09
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Looker »

not dead, still reading, looking over drakethefake
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Light-kun wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:
Light-kun wrote:If Fishy was on the Danny wagon at L-3 and then swapped to Freeko, I think that fishy is scum.
Why do you think I am scum based on this swap, given that both wagons were on townies?
It is because both were town that this is useful and implicates you. You seem to say here that you are not scum as both were town. But if you were town, would you have not presented a new case or tried to expand your thoughts. As vig, I knew I could kill two birds instead of one. So, my suspect (or someone like DDD who threw me for a loop) could easily be eliminated. You don't have this power and still seem to be subtly looking for the more scummy since, if scum, you would know who is/isn't a townie.
(obvious correction made)
1) Minor point- you seem to be saying I think my switch a towntell. I am not arguing this, I am arguing it is null (as a vote alone- case analysis is a different matter).
2) I don’t quite understand. You are saying I should have tried to present a new case or expand my thoughts. At that time, we had two players who were by far and away scummier than all the others. I made my thoughts on these players clear. Your last sentence I don’t understand. If you are saying that I was subtly looking for the scummier of DDD and freeko, you are right except for the word subtly. I wanted to lynch the scummier of the two scummiest players, as they were the most likely to be scum. This is pretty much the point I’ve been making for a while now- scum and town alike would vote for the scummier of DDD and freeko from the middle of day 1 (assuming town thought one or other of them were scummy).
L-k wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:
L-k wrote:And while Nuwen has made errors, Fishy seems unconfortable with the analysis, as though he fears the possible conclusion of Fishy=scum. Sure, town would too, but I might just be reading too much into it.
Well, if you think I disagree with the analysis simply because it fingers me (as well as two other players) as more likely scum, then that is scummy. In fact, I just don't see Nuwen's logic for thinking that the late switchers are more likely scum. My other disagreement was over point 3), which I think is factually wrong.
1. Why are you not denying it and just agreeing with it as a possibility?
2. Well, arbitrarily (and based somewhere from experience), people tend to think that certain parts of a wagon are more likely to be scum based on the person's play style, manner of the switch of vote, etc.
3. I forget what you're claiming is factually wrong. May look at this later.
1. I don’t understand where you are coming from on this one. I am denying Nuwen’s logic, I don’t think his conclusion that the people who switched later are likely to be scum is valid.
2. I certainly agree that judging scum based on play style and manner of switch is valid- on the other hand, if you are saying that certain parts of wagons always contain more scum, I disagree. You have to look at the circumstances of the wagon- and in the case where there are two realistic lynches, both townies, I don’t think late voters look any worse than early ones.
3. Not very important.
L-k wrote: Not really. Serial killer should always rationalize that killing the mafia is better because he cannot win if mafia lives. Mafia should think the same thing. As a result, Prisoner's dilemma is a theoretical town win. (This assumes mafia cannot no kill and sk doesn't have a vest.)
You misunderstand- you also assume the SK knows the mafia. Unimportant.
L-k wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:I think that DDD's wagon is more interesting than freeko's. By the time freeko's got rolling in any serious way,
This is where you joined....which you exclude. Okay, go on.
Fishythefish wrote: it was clear that he or DDD would be lynched,
Maybe for fear of being called out on it but did anyone actually claim this? Why not make a case on someone else?
Covering both these points- I feel that before I joined freeko’s wagon, freeko’s aggressive attacks on DDD made it highly likely that one of the two would be lynched. No other player was close to them in scumminess. No, noone said this yesterday. Why not make a case on someone else? Well of course I was looking at other players, and thinking about the possibility that neither of the main suspects might be scum. But there was no-one approaching these two in scumminess.
L-k wrote:
Fishythefish wrote: and scum have an easy time sitting back and voting for the scummier of the two.
Which would then include the later of Freeko's (or DDD's) wagon.
Yes. If the scum weren’t on these wagons to start with, it was easy for them to join. Alternatively, if townies weren’t on these wagons to start with, it was the right thing to do to join when they thought freeko/DDD was scummy. This comes back, again, to the point that late on day 1 the sensible courses of actions for both townies and scum were the same- since the scum's sole concern was to vote like a townie, vote analysis becomes pretty useless.
L-k wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:If there is scum impetus behind a wagon, it is most likely either right at the beginning of freeko's or at any point on DDD's wagon.
Particularly with the Freeko wagon, why are you not making a case? You're just stating opinion while being mildly amiable to everyone. Nuwen isn't in this game to do all the work you know.
Agreed that serious case analysis needs to be done. I will do this, when I have more time (this will happen, it could be a few more days though). However, I think this is slightly oddly targeted- in day 2, there has been practically zero case analysis, and a lot of vote analysis, in which I have been disagreeing with other players. It seems odd to accuse me of being “mildly amiable” and attacking me for not doing something that noone in the town has done. As for stating opinion, Nuwen has in affect labelled three players as scummier than the others. I disagree. This seems pretty important, and so I'm arguing my side.
L-k wrote:
Fishythefish wrote: After this of course scum may have joined/moved wagons, but probably not in a way which is different from a townie.
So, you're either saying townie would be just as scummy in hopping or scum would be just as innocent in hopping. Meh.... I see specious reasoning here. Where's the proof? The back up? *Ding* IRONY! (Is referring to self, shut up.)
I have explained my position on this multiple times, before you made your post and in this post. "Proof"? I am pointing out what I perceive to be a flaw in Nuwen's reasoning. Proof does not come into it. You are attacking me in an absurd way, isolating statements which do not stand alone, and ignoring my explanations and arguments.
L-k wrote: You are telling me this for what purpose?
I was trying to express my opinion that vote analysis is most useful in conjunction with case analysis. There had been no case analysis done yet and I felt the vote analysis that had been done to be lacking.
L-k wrote: This entire reason reads as bullshit.
That’s really helpful. I disagree- can you point out where you don’t agree with me and why, wherever you haven’t already covered that point?

@ Howard; my main point about my first vote for freeko is that, if you read it only in the context of what had happened when I made it (rather than all that followed it), it no more looks like an attempt to bandwagon than any other first vote for a player.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Light-kun »

^
What is bullshit was the reason you gave which I am too lazy to pull apart. Also, you basically seemed to suggest (in your above post) that you were as lazy as the rest of town.

This is kind of...not town? I dunno. I bought into the whole Freeko deal. I didn't like him. I also know that I couldn't play with DDD after Freeko flipped town. This is my thought process and explains my idea (killing two birds.)

However, you almost look passive at both. (I'm not suggesting that being at a particular point on a band wagon is scummy, I'm suggesting that being 3-5 is a passive placement on a bandwagon, which doesn't look good.)
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:06 am

Post by JereIC »

I apologize y'all, I've been busy for the past week, and now that I have time to read, I will have limited access through April 3rd (fucking horrible timing). I should be hunky-dory by next weekend.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

I tend to agree with much of what Light wrote regarding Fishy, but I think I need to do another read of Drake and Jere as well. I expect to be able to complete that over the weekend.

Meanwhile, @hohum and Looker: I hope that you will soon catch up on the game and post your thoughts and analysis.

Regards,
Jazz
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I agree that so far today I have "been lazy", if by that you mean I haven't provided a good case against anyone. Yesterday I was not- but noone was even close to being scummier than the person I was voting for, or had enough against them to make a case worthwhile.

I agree when I vote on the DDD wagon is passive, but I think the posts I had made on him were good enough justification. On freeko- while the 4th vote here is passive than the others, as scum I would have no particular reason for making that vote. So yes this is passive, but here it's not scummy.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Mod: please prod
Drake (hasn't posted for a week) and Nuwen (hasn't posted for six days).

Regards,
Jazz
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Holy crap, has it been a week? Very sorry. I've been shuttling back and forth between home and school, reading along but not posting. Expect something today or tomorrow.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Looker »

I say stick wit fishy - his posts are HUGE!!!

...still reading...
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Nuwen »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Mod: please prod
Drake (hasn't posted for a week) and Nuwen (hasn't posted for six days).

Regards,
Jazz
Sorry, marathon weekend commanded my attention. I'll be catching up after I'm done with this round of papers.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

People have been really busy, it seems. I will do an activity check soon, and prod, if needed, unless they have said specifically that they'll be V/LA in this thread, by PM, or in the V/LA thread in the other forum.

Hopefully, activity will pick up, before the Ice melts.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:23 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@Looker: How's the read coming? I would look like to hear some analysis/thoughts.
Fishythefish (429) wrote:@ Howard; my main point about my first vote for freeko is that, if you read it only in the context of what had happened when I made it (rather than all that followed it), it no more looks like an attempt to bandwagon than any other first vote for a player.
Agreed. I just found it interesting that you started that wagon, jumped to the Debonair Danny DiPietro wagon, then came back. There is no doubt that the two were valid wagons based on the play of each. It is mostly you timing that I was examining.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:06 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Prods will be going out tonight for those needed. I was lenient because of the marathon game and it being the weekened, but its' time to get serious again.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Looker »

here and re-orienting my vote chart. sorry...
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

I'm just kind of waiting for the absentees to check in and offer their thoughts as we're down two players (hohum and Looker) and a couple of others have been busy with other things for the past week, so I don't really have a lot more to say at the moment. Looking forward to having a full complement of players back in the game.

Regards,
Jazz
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Activity Check:

hohum - Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:12 am
Light-kun - Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:46 pm
JereIC - Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:06 am [limited access until April 3]
Fishythefish - Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:46 pm
Drakethefake - Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:41 am
Nuwen - Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:38 pm
HowardRoark - Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:23 pm
Looker - Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:20 pm
Jazzmyn - Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:21 pm

I am definitely replacing hohum, who has only posted 1 since replacing in. I already have somebody willing, but will re-check with them. Everyone else, please pick up the activity. You guys have, for the most part, been pretty good about stay active, but Day 2 has been slow in comparison.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Netlava »

/confirm
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:47 am

Post by orangepenguin »

You weren't really familiar with the new face. Actually, you never actually caught his name - hohum? Or was it Becky? Cady?

My name is Netlava said the stranger, replacing hohum, effective immediately.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Looker »

yea...

suppose you thought I were scum - how would you go about confirming your suspicions? would a pressuring vote suffice you or would you be dissatisfied until you ascertained a humungous post of humungous words...?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by JereIC »

Posting on my phone from the land of limited access.

Fishy, in 433 you say you wouldn't have had reason to vote for Freeko if you scum. First off, wifom, no? Secondly, wouldn't the reason be lynching a townie? Not everything has to be part of an intricate strategy.

Looker, I can't make sense of your 446. Can you clarify?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Lurker, I mean, looker:
What?

Jere: Point, Jere!

Fishy to serve.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

DraketheFake (435 @ Sun Mar 29, 2009) wrote:Expect something today or tomorrow.
Still waiting.

Welcome, Netlava! I hope that you can have a good read and jump into the game soon.

@Looker: It's been a week, and I hope for something of quality soon. QFT: JereIC. What is 446 about?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”