Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Looker wrote:
HowardRoark wrote:
vote Looker
What?
I don't like lurkers. I love lurker lynches. Your contributions have been basically worthless.
Jazzmyn (477) wrote:I plan to do a re-read today in order to firm up my thoughts, update my game notes, and cast a vote.
Jazzmyn (483) wrote:I will have little to no access until Tuesday night.
How's this coming?
Fishythefish (479) wrote:Of course my vote pushed the second wagon to the forefront. But since the scum didn't care which wagon won, this is not that beneficial for them- unless you think DDD's wagon was already doomed when I switched.
While I can see where you're going with this, I disagree on the grounds that there are other possibilities. For example: It could also have been an opening to jump back onto Debonair Danny DiPietro the next day while neing able to easily write off the freeko mislynch.

There is something in the DraketheFake and JereIC interchange that I need to re-examine, but too much enjoying the Penguins making the playoffs means that it must wait.

I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!

Netlava - 1 (Light-kun)
DraketheFake - 1 (FishytheFish)
Looker - 2 (HowardRoark, DraketheFake)
JereIC - 1 (Netlava)

Not Voting - 4 (Jazzmyn, Nuwen, JereIC, Looker)

9 alive, 5 to lynch.

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 500)
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Unvote; Vote Fishy

I still don't like him. I also really find Jere's last post reads like a GIANT overreaction. Seriously, I highly doubt a town aligned individual should act like that.

How I read:
A: Jere might be scum due to the way he words things...
B: OMFG! I AM NOT SCUM! HOW IS WORDING SCUMMY!? SUPPORT YOUR FACTS WOMAN! (I am too lazy too look up and see if A is or is not a woman. Sorry in advance from the past.)

DtF doesn't strike me as "good" since he comes immediately to Jere's rescue. Hypothesis 1:
DtF is mafia hoping to bring down Jere for crappy play if/win Jere flips scum.
Hypothesis 2:
DtF is mafia defending scum buddy Jere.
Hypothesis 3:
DtF is stupid town defending scummy looking Jere who may or may not be mafia.

This is in order of least to most likely from my perspective.

Therefore, I want Fishy lynched, but if we irregardless do or do not lynch fish, I will shoot DtF tonight. If we lynch DtF, I will probably shoot Fish, as with 9 alive, I see no mathematical reason not to shoot tonight.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Light-kun wrote:with 9 alive, I see no mathematical reason not to shoot tonight.
If we mislynch today. 8 alive. You shoot tonight. 6 alive. 3 scum. We lose.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:02 am

Post by JereIC »

Light-kun wrote:
Unvote; Vote Fishy

I still don't like him. I also really find Jere's last post reads like a GIANT overreaction. Seriously, I highly doubt a town aligned individual should act like that.

How I read:
A: Jere might be scum due to the way he words things...
B: OMFG! I AM NOT SCUM! HOW IS WORDING SCUMMY!? SUPPORT YOUR FACTS WOMAN! (I am too lazy too look up and see if A is or is not a woman. Sorry in advance from the past.)
I think you missed the fact that he voted for me. That is, it's not just that he thinks I might be scum because of the way I word things, it's that of all nine players in the game, he finds me the scummiest and scummy enough to warrant a vote because of the way I word things. Even that wouldn't have been so bad except that he shares your practice of stating conclusions without showing his analysis. I can't even tell what points he actually believes and which ones he's throwing out as trial balloons.

Fishy - why is the kill-em-all plan insane? I'm still open to the possibility that there is a major flaw with it, obvious to everyone else, but I've yet to see anyone spell that out. And I don't remember you responding this way when Nuwen was talking about killing claimed townies a few pages ago.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:17 am

Post by Fishythefish »

JereIC wrote:Fishy - why is the kill-em-all plan insane? I'm still open to the possibility that there is a major flaw with it, obvious to everyone else, but I've yet to see anyone spell that out. And I don't remember you responding this way when Nuwen was talking about killing claimed townies a few pages ago.
There is not even close to enough evidence to conclude that at least two of we three are scum. The town cannot afford three deaths for one scum; if we are up against three scum this is a loss. I don't recall that post of Nuwen's?

Note that my questioning of your motives is independent of how good the plan is to a neutral townie. Since you are not advocating it, there was no good reason for you to bring it up.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:47 am

Post by HowardRoark »

QFT
Fishythefish (502) wrote:If we mislynch today. 8 alive. You shoot tonight. 6 alive. 3 scum. We lose.
That's why, if you are the vig and therefore win with the town, you must submit to obiding by the town's decision.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:27 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Light-kun wrote:DtF doesn't strike me as "good" since he comes immediately to Jere's rescue. Hypothesis 1:
DtF is mafia hoping to
bring down Jere for crappy play if/win Jere flips scum.

Hypothesis 2:
DtF is mafia defending scum buddy Jere.
Hypothesis 3:
DtF is stupid town defending scummy looking Jere who may or may not be mafia.

This is in order of least to most likely from my perspective.

Therefore, I want Fishy lynched, but if we irregardless do or do not lynch fish, I will shoot DtF tonight. If we lynch DtF, I will probably shoot Fish, as with 9 alive, I see no mathematical reason not to shoot tonight.

Your first hypothesis, as written, doesn't even make sense. And if those are in order from least to most likely, then why are you shooting me tonight if the most likely option, in your opinion, is that I'm "stupid town?" You're talking foolishly here. The main thrust of my post to Netlava was that his case was weak, not that JereIC has played so wonderfully. The fact that you see no reason not to shoot tonight leads me to believe that, at best, you're a complete detriment to the town, and the fact that you seem so heavily tunneled on three players leads me to believe more sinister things about you.

Unvote, Vote: Light-kun
Fishythefish wrote:- Drake hasn't responded to my case since I clarified it- Drake, I think that between your unvote of DDD and your vote on freeko, it is completely unclear why you changed your mind. His withdrawal (to some extent) of suspicions on me could be genuine, or could be an attempt to make me less suspicious of him. I lean towards the latter because of his extremely easy switch to a lurker- it smells like he wants to change his vote, and has looked for the easiest way out. I'm still happy with my vote.
I'll take a look at this next. But I think you're being a little obstinate, given that you made the same judgment on freeko.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:43 am

Post by DraketheFake »

DraketheFake, Post 276 wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:
You are actively harming your case against DDD.
You read like a scum desperately trying to get a townie lynched, or a hopelessly tunnelled townie.
Ugh. This this this.

But I don't know that I agree with your vote. It seems that both instances are equally likely, and freeko is the sort of hypothetical townie that a scum being wagoned love to have pop up. Which isn't a strike against DDD, obviously, but these sorts of interactions are rarely good for the town unless he really is just a scum playing in a bizarre fashion.
ZEEnon wrote:Does anyone besides me see that pacman281292 is lurking to the extreme? He has not posted since last Sunday I believe. He also fails to acknowledge the accusations voiced by me, as well as by Amished.
Yes, we all see it. We're all aware he's lurking. Everybody in the thread. Your continued hyper-focus on a player who hasn't bothered to defend himself against your accusations as a result of lurking smells a little bit like making a safe case against somebody in order to appear active and avoid re-drawing attention that was on you initially. But I can't say I'm fond of pacman's absence either.

Unvote
for now. Howard, some more thoughts from your corner would be appreciated along with pacman's.
The unvote post.
freeko, Post 278 wrote:
I still dislike freeko's play. He is tunneled on Debonair Danny DiPietro, barely remarks to points against him, and misrepresents players.
Oh, do enlighten us on how I am misrepresenting players.
freeko, Post 280 wrote:
that Freeko's desperation
That is wrong.

I dont care if I am lynched. Information will be gained from it. Mostly that DDD is a bag of crap and has played that way the entirety of the first day. Then you have teh second wave of morons that will say that my argument lacked merit. Which means that by using my logic and reasoning to put someone else's lack thereof on display is a bad play.

This goes against everything this game is about. That DDD backtracks on himself many times to qualify himself as a town player tells me that he is telling a lie. He is telling himself and everyone else this same lie in hopes that people wille ventually believe it.

Also, you have the third wave of morons that bother actually play the game and pretty much try to snipe from the sidelines at every chacne possible. Just look at how many of them there are. Finally you have those who dont even bother to play the game like pacman (gone for about a week now) with nothing more than a fleeting suspicion on him. At least next time I know when I join a game , that I shouldnt actually play it.

DraketheFake, Post 283 wrote:
freeko, Somewhere on Page 2 wrote:
DraketheFake wrote:I think I'm probably going to like this player group.
You havent had the (dis?)pleasure of playing with me yet.
Should be fun times had by all in this game.
Oh, how fitting. I just didn't think that you were actively going to campaign to make my stance wrong.
freeko wrote:I dont care if I am lynched. Information will be gained from it. Mostly that DDD is a bag of crap and has played that way the entirety of the first day. Then you have teh second wave of morons that will say that my argument lacked merit. Which means that by using my logic and reasoning to put someone else's lack thereof on display is a bad play.
Kindly point to some logic and/or reasoning that you've used. All I've seen you do is flail away at the words "backpedaling" and "qualifying" for three pages.
freeko wrote:This goes against everything this game is about. That DDD backtracks on himself many times to qualify himself as a town player tells me that he is telling a lie. He is telling himself and everyone else this same lie in hopes that people wille ventually believe it.
I don't even know what you're getting at anymore, given that this statement doesn't make sense. I mean... of course he's telling us he's a town player? He's trying not to get lynched? You'd actually need to provide some specific examples of where he's acted as "not a town player" to prove that he was lying, and you seem content to offer glittering generalities.
freeko wrote:Also, you have the third wave of morons that bother actually play the game and pretty much try to snipe from the sidelines at every chacne possible. Just look at how many of them there are. Finally you have those who dont even bother to play the game like pacman (gone for about a week now) with nothing more than a fleeting suspicion on him. At least next time I know when I join a game , that I shouldnt actually play it.
Yeah, nothing more than a fleeting suspicion. It's not like more than half of the players in the game haven't pointed it out or anything.

I dunno, man. I find your accusations here fairly baseless and I find the way you're self-destructing to be pretty unfortunate if indeed you are a town player (an issue I guess you won't bother addressing for fear of being called on your own crap logic about claimed town players).
freeko, Post 287 wrote:
How is an opinion a misconception?
Becuase a dumbass like you needs to be set straight. It is not a misconception. It is flaot out WRONG. You could star the game by naming coolors. Hell you could play duck duck goose. More to the point, the random voting stage (RVS) is NOT the only way to start a game. I could think of a few ways to start a game without a single vote being cast easly int he game but that might be too much for your limited brain capacity to handle.
Way to take an incomplete statement and attempt to pass it off as a lie. Now that you had me look you over again, I find this piece even more suspect.
I don't see any note from orangepenguin about flavors.
Do you have more information that the majority of us do?
Well done Skimzilla. Some of us actually read the part about this being
ANTARCTIC Mafia
. Some of us even read the opening flavor. So yet again another numbnuts that needs to pay attention to the game instead of being Sir Skims Alot. You must have been put in the microwave one too many times by your parents when you were younger werent you?
DraketheFake, Post 289 wrote:Give Slim Shady here some time, I'm sure he'll get to spewing aggression and personal attacks at everybody else in due time.

Though to be fair your concentration on the facts that Howard is A. Newer to the game and B. A replacement really have no bearing on what you're voting freeko for.
freeko, Post 292 wrote:
Did you really just ignore the brunt of this page's posts in favor of ad homming our newer replacement?

Really?
The brunt of this pages posts are made by people who if you took their combined IQ and added them up. You would probably still need to add a few more to get to my show size. Sadlt for the rest of the town I just dont really care at this point and will take the time out to smell the roses and insult everyone I can. So when I spot something stupid, you can bet I will take care of it. I could probably do a neat little comparison about how many times DDD has backtracked on himself compared to me (4 to 0 for those keeping score). Maybe I could count the number of times that DDD has lied to himself and everyone else here to say he is a "town player" (at least 5 blatant attempts by him to 0 from me) Since I know the only way alignment is proven at this point in the game is by being flipped.'

So if I am going to be lynched. Im going to be lynched for being an ass to everyone. NO one really cares about my alignment in the game anyway. Just dont say I am not an equal opportunity insulter.
DraketheFake, Post 303 wrote:And I in turn would direct Mr. DiPietro to my posts 276, 283, and 289 to answer my part of that question. I unvoted in 276, for reference.

Personally, I'd prefer if we got someone to replace freeko who appeared to give a crap about playing this game even under pressure from other players rather than just lynching him outright, as his behavior is detrimental and unfair to whichever side he's on. But failing that, I'd be fine loosing him of the burden of being alive in this game.
So there, in Post 303, I mention that I'll be happy to vote for him. After several responses to his other posts and so forth.
freeko, Post 307 wrote:
jereIC wrote: If he can't post a rational self-defense soon I'll probably vote him.
Go ahead and vote then. Nothing I do is ever rational. Or save your weak ass excuses for D2 when you have to answer for them.
fishy wrote: I am certain freeko is a horribly anti-town player, and think there is a very good chance he is scum.
Wrong. Instead you just want to puch that easy mislynch along dont you. Now you earn the random insult of the post for the reminder of the brilliance in your post. Why would I as a scum player want to have people voting for me jackass? Seems kind of counterproductive doesnt it? No, instead I am perfectly fine with being lynched. Its going to make for a fun D2 with everyone having to explain themselves as to why they voted for me.
DDD wrote: I would like na85, Drake, Amished, JereIC, and ZEE to let us know what they think of freeko's complete and total meltdown lately and if/why they feel more comfortable with their votes where they are right now.
Now who has tunnel vision? If you arent scum this game, then I really have to reconsider ever playing this game ever again.

For what its worth I should pm the mod right now with who I think is what roles in sort of a time capsule. We can see either how right or how wrong I am after the game. WIth so many morons like you running around in this game, I really dont care what happens to me. I am not going to backtrack on anything like a certain someone has repeatedly done to make themselves "look" town oriented. The only one aside from these 3 retards that I have not mentioned that will most likely be scum is light-kun. Since you think I had a "meltdown" from attempting to deal with your overall stupidity, I will just sit back and let you retards lynch me. It might be more fun watching this game from the sidelines anyway when you morons have to justify your stupidity D2.
freeko's "give-up" post. That "Nothing I ever do is rational" sure doesn't look like some tongue-in-cheek jab to me.

And I'm sick of quoting but in my next post I vote him and in the very next post after that I'm all
DraketheFake, Post 309 wrote:
freeko wrote:Why would I as a scum player want to have people voting for me jackass?
Forgot this gem. As a scum player you wouldn't want to have players voting for you, which means that you might
stop being an abrasive douchebag and actually play the goddamn game
in order to avoid having even more votes put on you. And no, repeatedly whining about DDD "backpedaling" doesn't count as playing.
So I mean, I don't know where you're getting your little case from is what I'm saying.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Looker »

Fishythefish wrote: -Nuwen, Howard, Jazzmyn and Looker need to post on recent developments, or just anything in some cases.
Noted.
HowardRoark wrote:
Looker wrote:
HowardRoark wrote:
vote Looker
What?
I don't like lurkers. I love lurker lynches. Your contributions have been basically worthless.
That's fine with me as long as lurker lynches don't appeal more to you than scum lynches. That wouldn't be the case would it? You wouldn't be taking the easy way out would you?
DraketheFake wrote:
DraketheFake, Post 276 wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:
You are actively harming your case against DDD.
You read like a scum desperately trying to get a townie lynched, or a hopelessly tunnelled townie.
Ugh. This this this.

But I don't know that I agree with your vote. It seems that both instances are equally likely, and freeko is the sort of hypothetical townie that a scum being wagoned love to have pop up. Which isn't a strike against DDD, obviously, but these sorts of interactions are rarely good for the town unless he really is just a scum playing in a bizarre fashion.
ZEEnon wrote:Does anyone besides me see that pacman281292 is lurking to the extreme? He has not posted since last Sunday I believe. He also fails to acknowledge the accusations voiced by me, as well as by Amished.
Yes, we all see it. We're all aware he's lurking. Everybody in the thread. Your continued hyper-focus on a player who hasn't bothered to defend himself against your accusations as a result of lurking smells a little bit like making a safe case against somebody in order to appear active and avoid re-drawing attention that was on you initially. But I can't say I'm fond of pacman's absence either.

Unvote
for now. Howard, some more thoughts from your corner would be appreciated along with pacman's.
The unvote post.
freeko, Post 278 wrote:
I still dislike freeko's play. He is tunneled on Debonair Danny DiPietro, barely remarks to points against him, and misrepresents players.
Oh, do enlighten us on how I am misrepresenting players.
freeko, Post 280 wrote:
that Freeko's desperation
That is wrong.

I dont care if I am lynched. Information will be gained from it. Mostly that DDD is a bag of crap and has played that way the entirety of the first day. Then you have teh second wave of morons that will say that my argument lacked merit. Which means that by using my logic and reasoning to put someone else's lack thereof on display is a bad play.

This goes against everything this game is about. That DDD backtracks on himself many times to qualify himself as a town player tells me that he is telling a lie. He is telling himself and everyone else this same lie in hopes that people wille ventually believe it.

Also, you have the third wave of morons that bother actually play the game and pretty much try to snipe from the sidelines at every chacne possible. Just look at how many of them there are. Finally you have those who dont even bother to play the game like pacman (gone for about a week now) with nothing more than a fleeting suspicion on him. At least next time I know when I join a game , that I shouldnt actually play it.

DraketheFake, Post 283 wrote:
freeko, Somewhere on Page 2 wrote:
DraketheFake wrote:I think I'm probably going to like this player group.
You havent had the (dis?)pleasure of playing with me yet.
Should be fun times had by all in this game.
Oh, how fitting. I just didn't think that you were actively going to campaign to make my stance wrong.
freeko wrote:I dont care if I am lynched. Information will be gained from it. Mostly that DDD is a bag of crap and has played that way the entirety of the first day. Then you have teh second wave of morons that will say that my argument lacked merit. Which means that by using my logic and reasoning to put someone else's lack thereof on display is a bad play.
Kindly point to some logic and/or reasoning that you've used. All I've seen you do is flail away at the words "backpedaling" and "qualifying" for three pages.
freeko wrote:This goes against everything this game is about. That DDD backtracks on himself many times to qualify himself as a town player tells me that he is telling a lie. He is telling himself and everyone else this same lie in hopes that people wille ventually believe it.
I don't even know what you're getting at anymore, given that this statement doesn't make sense. I mean... of course he's telling us he's a town player? He's trying not to get lynched? You'd actually need to provide some specific examples of where he's acted as "not a town player" to prove that he was lying, and you seem content to offer glittering generalities.
freeko wrote:Also, you have the third wave of morons that bother actually play the game and pretty much try to snipe from the sidelines at every chacne possible. Just look at how many of them there are. Finally you have those who dont even bother to play the game like pacman (gone for about a week now) with nothing more than a fleeting suspicion on him. At least next time I know when I join a game , that I shouldnt actually play it.
Yeah, nothing more than a fleeting suspicion. It's not like more than half of the players in the game haven't pointed it out or anything.

I dunno, man. I find your accusations here fairly baseless and I find the way you're self-destructing to be pretty unfortunate if indeed you are a town player (an issue I guess you won't bother addressing for fear of being called on your own crap logic about claimed town players).
freeko, Post 287 wrote:
How is an opinion a misconception?
Becuase a dumbass like you needs to be set straight. It is not a misconception. It is flaot out WRONG. You could star the game by naming coolors. Hell you could play duck duck goose. More to the point, the random voting stage (RVS) is NOT the only way to start a game. I could think of a few ways to start a game without a single vote being cast easly int he game but that might be too much for your limited brain capacity to handle.
Way to take an incomplete statement and attempt to pass it off as a lie. Now that you had me look you over again, I find this piece even more suspect.
I don't see any note from orangepenguin about flavors.
Do you have more information that the majority of us do?
Well done Skimzilla. Some of us actually read the part about this being
ANTARCTIC Mafia
. Some of us even read the opening flavor. So yet again another numbnuts that needs to pay attention to the game instead of being Sir Skims Alot. You must have been put in the microwave one too many times by your parents when you were younger werent you?
DraketheFake, Post 289 wrote:Give Slim Shady here some time, I'm sure he'll get to spewing aggression and personal attacks at everybody else in due time.

Though to be fair your concentration on the facts that Howard is A. Newer to the game and B. A replacement really have no bearing on what you're voting freeko for.
freeko, Post 292 wrote:
Did you really just ignore the brunt of this page's posts in favor of ad homming our newer replacement?

Really?
The brunt of this pages posts are made by people who if you took their combined IQ and added them up. You would probably still need to add a few more to get to my show size. Sadlt for the rest of the town I just dont really care at this point and will take the time out to smell the roses and insult everyone I can. So when I spot something stupid, you can bet I will take care of it. I could probably do a neat little comparison about how many times DDD has backtracked on himself compared to me (4 to 0 for those keeping score). Maybe I could count the number of times that DDD has lied to himself and everyone else here to say he is a "town player" (at least 5 blatant attempts by him to 0 from me) Since I know the only way alignment is proven at this point in the game is by being flipped.'

So if I am going to be lynched. Im going to be lynched for being an ass to everyone. NO one really cares about my alignment in the game anyway. Just dont say I am not an equal opportunity insulter.
DraketheFake, Post 303 wrote:And I in turn would direct Mr. DiPietro to my posts 276, 283, and 289 to answer my part of that question. I unvoted in 276, for reference.

Personally, I'd prefer if we got someone to replace freeko who appeared to give a crap about playing this game even under pressure from other players rather than just lynching him outright, as his behavior is detrimental and unfair to whichever side he's on. But failing that, I'd be fine loosing him of the burden of being alive in this game.
So there, in Post 303, I mention that I'll be happy to vote for him. After several responses to his other posts and so forth.
freeko, Post 307 wrote:
jereIC wrote: If he can't post a rational self-defense soon I'll probably vote him.
Go ahead and vote then. Nothing I do is ever rational. Or save your weak ass excuses for D2 when you have to answer for them.
fishy wrote: I am certain freeko is a horribly anti-town player, and think there is a very good chance he is scum.
Wrong. Instead you just want to puch that easy mislynch along dont you. Now you earn the random insult of the post for the reminder of the brilliance in your post. Why would I as a scum player want to have people voting for me jackass? Seems kind of counterproductive doesnt it? No, instead I am perfectly fine with being lynched. Its going to make for a fun D2 with everyone having to explain themselves as to why they voted for me.
DDD wrote: I would like na85, Drake, Amished, JereIC, and ZEE to let us know what they think of freeko's complete and total meltdown lately and if/why they feel more comfortable with their votes where they are right now.
Now who has tunnel vision? If you arent scum this game, then I really have to reconsider ever playing this game ever again.

For what its worth I should pm the mod right now with who I think is what roles in sort of a time capsule. We can see either how right or how wrong I am after the game. WIth so many morons like you running around in this game, I really dont care what happens to me. I am not going to backtrack on anything like a certain someone has repeatedly done to make themselves "look" town oriented. The only one aside from these 3 retards that I have not mentioned that will most likely be scum is light-kun. Since you think I had a "meltdown" from attempting to deal with your overall stupidity, I will just sit back and let you retards lynch me. It might be more fun watching this game from the sidelines anyway when you morons have to justify your stupidity D2.
freeko's "give-up" post. That "Nothing I ever do is rational" sure doesn't look like some tongue-in-cheek jab to me.

And I'm sick of quoting but in my next post I vote him and in the very next post after that I'm all
DraketheFake, Post 309 wrote:
freeko wrote:Why would I as a scum player want to have people voting for me jackass?
Forgot this gem. As a scum player you wouldn't want to have players voting for you, which means that you might
stop being an abrasive douchebag and actually play the goddamn game
in order to avoid having even more votes put on you. And no, repeatedly whining about DDD "backpedaling" doesn't count as playing.
So I mean, I don't know where you're getting your little case from is what I'm saying.
::looks to the plaintiff::
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:24 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Looker wrote:That's fine with me as long as lurker lynches don't appeal more to you than scum lynches. That wouldn't be the case would it? You wouldn't be taking the easy way out would you?
Obviously anyone would prefer a scum lynch. Interestingly, scum often skate through a game posting a bunch of nothingness and troll garbage. Speaking of that . . . Why quote a post just to reply as you did? ::looks at Looker:: That's why I love lynching lurkers, often enough (for my satisfaction) they turn out to be scum.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Looker »

HowardRoark wrote:
Looker wrote:That's fine with me as long as lurker lynches don't appeal more to you than scum lynches. That wouldn't be the case would it? You wouldn't be taking the easy way out would you?
Obviously anyone would prefer a scum lynch. Interestingly, scum often skate through a game posting a bunch of nothingness and troll garbage. Speaking of that . . . Why quote a post just to reply as you did? ::looks at Looker:: That's why I love lynching lurkers, often enough (for my satisfaction) they turn out to be scum.
You seem to have some suppressed childhood trauma, Mr. Satisfaction...

But can you answer this? Why in the world would I seek attention if I wanted to lurk? Is "lurker" the only role you read from my behavior...?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Light-kun »

first hypothesis should read "If/when DtF flips scum."
That said, the rest of your...post doesn't make any sense. So, *acknowledges and ignores*

Thanks for not even attempting to understand my first hypothesis. I still think your stupid, if it's any consolation...
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Actually, that still doesn't make any sense. You think I'm scum hoping that, once I flip scum, you'll think Jere is scum because of his crappy play and lynch him because I said he was playing oddly?

The rest of my post deals with the fact that you're apparently too simple to understand that if we mislynch today and you shoot another townie while the Mafia kill a townie, WE'VE LOST THE GAME. And that even if we lynch scum, you shooting a townie while the Mafia does too puts us back in the same situation we are today. And that you therefore need to stop planning like you're going to shoot someone tonight unless the rest of us tell you who it is.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Of your posts which you quote:
276. Is the unvote post.
283. Of the points in it, the first is saying you don’t like playing with freeko. The second and third points point out the nonsense that is freeko’s argument. There is no explanation of why this nonsense is a scummy nonsense rather than a tunnelled nonsense. Your fourth point points out a minor and seemingly irrelevant mistake in freeko’s post. You again refer to the possibility of freeko being town, and don’t say what has made this seem less likely.
289. You attack freeko’s style, but say nothing to actually suggest he’s scummy.
303. Yes, here you mention you would be happy to kill him, but at the same time you undermine yourself- you wording is very ambiguous as to whether or not this is partly or completely a policy lynch.

I take your point that the “nothing I ever do is rational” can be taken seriously.

309. I have to say I don’t understand this post. You seem to be saying that as scum freeko wouldn’t act as he was in fact acting?

My point still stands; yes, you criticised freeko in this period. No, you did not explain why your position changed from “tunnelled or scum, indistinguishably” to “scum”.

Light-kun, you need to acknowledge that if the town wants to tell you what to do, you will follow.

Howard; do you think lurkers are more often scum than other players?

I'm going to be away over Easter weekend; little/no access until Tuesday.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

mod: prod Nuwen
-- Last post
this game
: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:38 pm (he has been posting elsewhere on the site a lot)

Done.
Looker wrote:Is "lurker" the only role you read from my behavior...?
I see you as an actively lurking troll. (I'm not going to take the bait and say anything more so that you can attack me for role fishing.)

@Light-kun: QFT (assuming three scum)
DraketheFake wrote:if we mislynch today and you shoot another townie while the Mafia kill a townie, WE'VE LOST THE GAME. And that even if we lynch scum, you shooting a townie while the Mafia does too puts us back in the same situation we are today.
Fishythefish wrote:Howard; do you think lurkers are more often scum than other players?
I don't have any broad statistics to say "100%, yes" but I have seen it enough in my limited experiences to believe in lynching lurkers . . . active (trolls reside here) or inactive.

On the JereIC/DraketheFake comment I made earlier, it appears to me that there could be some sort of bussing (or distancing) scheme at hand. I can't really put my finger on it however.

Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Upon re-reading, I still think that there is scum among Fishythefish, DraketheFake and JereIC, largely due to the vote analysis. Of the three, I find Fishy the most suspicious, not only for the voting pattern and his role in steering the wagons, but also for being so quick to accept Light_Kun's Vig claim and for being so against the idea of having the town direct LK's night kill or no-kill, purporting to prefer to let him choose independently, despite the fact that we need to test Light-Kun's claim since he could just as easily be a SK as a Vig. (And then a couple of weeks later Fishy posted, apropos of nothing and only after the hot light of suspicion had been directed to himself, that 'incidentally', he is no longer in favour of letting LK choose his own kill. That looks to me like Fishy realizing that he needed to backtrack in order to attempt to look more like a townie.)

Netlava's 'case' on JereIC is about a weak a case as I have ever read. While I do find Jere's "kill em' all" idea to be rather bizarre, the rest of Netlava's case is based upon her personal bugaboos about the choice of wording that Jere uses, and I just don't see his word choices as scumtells. As noted above, I do think that there is scum among Fishy, Drake and Jere, but the rationale put forward by Netlava is strange and possibly indicative of scum just trying to manufacture a case on a player who has suspicion directed at him by others.

Looker comes across as useless, and potentially scummy. Why replace into a game if you have no intention of participating meaningfully in the game? It's very annoying and in my (admittedly somewhat limited) experience, it more often turns out that the lurking replacement is scum than town.

In the result, at present I am inclined to vote for Fishy today.

First, however, I would like LK to confirm that he is still in agreement with taking direction from the town as to his night action, including whether or not to take any such action.

Regards,
Jazz
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Light-kun »

I don't really see how my actions are relevant...
Oh, right... death of the town. [/sarcasm] I know this already.

I'm posting nonsense until the town returns. Also, DtF and Fishy for scum. Let's lynch fish, and call it a day.

Side note: The odds I'll die tonight is over 30% at this point... were whole town=100%...
Show
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Light, that's cute but I would like you to confirm specifically whether you will or will not follow town instructions regarding your night action, if any.

Regards,
Jazz
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Jazz wrote: First, however, I would like LK to confirm that he is still in agreement with taking direction from the town as to his night action, including whether or not to take any such action.
"still"- was he ever in agreement?

If L-k will not confirm this, in my mind he is automatically today's lynch.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Last post before I leave.
Jazzmyn wrote:
for being so quick to accept Light_Kun's Vig claim and for being so against the idea of having the town direct LK's night kill or no-kill, purporting to prefer to let him choose independently, despite the fact that we need to test Light-Kun's claim since he could just as easily be a SK as a Vig. (And then a couple of weeks later Fishy posted, apropos of nothing and only after the hot light of suspicion had been directed to himself, that 'incidentally', he is no longer in favour of letting LK choose his own kill. That looks to me like Fishy realizing that he needed to backtrack in order to attempt to look more like a townie.)
1. Do you really believe a SK would go against the town's orders? The main reason I changed my mind was because I think there's a fair chance that, if L-k is SK, he won't be able to follow our orders to no kill.
2. OK, you may think my position was totally wrong, I'm not too bothered about that. But how could a loose cannon of a vig/SK benefit the scum? If I was scum, I'd sure as hell want to know whether he was a vig or a SK. Also, I'd just love him to get lynched. Knowing his target couldn't hurt either.
3. Related to 2, there had been no suggestion that I was scum for my position, though many disagreed with it, apart from a very minor point from Howard. Why would I feel the need to backtrack?

Do you think my voting pattern is more scummy than the other two players?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:22 am

Post by JereIC »

Fishy - post 243 on page 10.

L-K - Add me to the list of people who insist on having you follow town's orders. Anything else is anti-town, imo.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Light-kun »

Fishythefish wrote:
Jazz wrote: First, however, I would like LK to confirm that he is still in agreement with taking direction from the town as to his night action, including whether or not to take any such action.

This looks scummy. And honestly, if I were to say: "I will do exactly as the town wants," then I'm still not held by some spell that forces me to react in any particular way, right? The only way to confirm vigilante is to have him shoot himself. That is kind of my point Jazz. I know what's best for town, and even if I were to appease you and say, "Of course I'll do what the town wants" then it doesn't mean anything.

Having pointed that out: Whatever 50% of the town wants.

I still say we lynch Fishy.
Show
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Looker »

HowardRoark wrote:
Looker wrote:Is "lurker" the only role you read from my behavior...?
I see you as an actively lurking troll. (I'm not going to take the bait and say anything more so that you can attack me for role fishing.)
A lil jumpy, aren't ya? Whatever, either way I say as long as I'm paying attention and making sense of what's going on I'm doin good. I could see if I was misleading the town or something, all I'm doing is trying to figure everything out.
Jazzmyn wrote: Looker comes across as useless, and potentially scummy. Why replace into a game if you have no intention of participating meaningfully in the game? It's very annoying and in my (admittedly somewhat limited) experience, it more often turns out that the lurking replacement is scum than town.
And that's exactly it - your "admittedly somewhat limited" experience, which collaborates with your "limited" *as in tunnel-visioned* view on what participation really is. As you've probably noticed, since you've played with me before, I've stopped laying random votes and rambling pointless, irrelevant crap; therefore, I feel as if I'm progressing. You have your opinion; however, it's exactly that.
Light-kun wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:

This looks scummy. And honestly, if I were to say: "I will do exactly as the town wants," then I'm still not held by some spell that forces me to react in any particular way, right? The only way to confirm vigilante is to have him shoot himself. That is kind of my point Jazz. I know what's best for town, and even if I were to appease you and say, "Of course I'll do what the town wants" then it doesn't mean anything.

Okay...if they don't lynch Fishy and they don't lynch you. Say they lynch...me...can't you kill Fishy tonight anyway...?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Light-kun »

If person A flip scum, I will probably shoot Fishy.

If person A flips town, I won't shoot anyone.

If we lynch fishy, and he's scum, I may/may not shoot pending on what the town asks.

This is subject to change, but based on Fishy's play...I want him lynched. Also, if we lynch fishy and he's scum, I recommend shooting DtF, but that isn't a requirement for Fishy scum.
Show
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Light-kun wrote:This looks scummy.
And honestly, if I were to say: "I will do exactly as the town wants," then I'm still not held by some spell that forces me to react in any particular way, right?
The only way to confirm vigilante is to have him shoot himself. That is kind of my point Jazz. I know what's best for town, and even if I were to appease you and say, "Of course I'll do what the town wants" then it doesn't mean anything.

I can't imagine a possible motive for you being this wishy-washy about this except that you are not a part of the town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”