Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Wow, a vote simply because I question your claim. jumpscumjump.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:09 am

Post by Empking »

VP Baltar wrote:Wow, a vote simply because I question your claim. jumpscumjump.
Proof please.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Hmmm... Emp's claim seems kind of real to me, except with the small slip, which makes it suspicious. Wouldn't he had slipped, I would have believed him. Also, his reaction to VP is also strange too. Sounds like someone is nervous. Hmmm... Wait, I'm thinking in something... Why would he slip? He first thought Shanba was out, because of he leaving. But then, he realized that it would be more logical for him to be at home to get targeted and thus changed his statement.

But... why would he pick a reporter role? I mean, there's a chance his claims are invalid (although I admit I stayed at home N1), so, it's quite risky as a claim. Too much wifom for my own taste...

Any roads, let's move with the next claim. Go ahead, Karyuu.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Empking »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:Hmmm... Emp's claim seems kind of real to me, except with the small slip, which makes it suspicious. Wouldn't he had slipped, I would have believed him. Also, his reaction to VP is also strange too. Sounds like someone is nervous. Hmmm... Wait, I'm thinking in something... Why would he slip? He first thought Shanba was out, because of he leaving. But then, he realized that it would be more logical for him to be at home to get targeted and thus changed his statement.
No, I just made a mistake. My memory isn't perfect.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Or, you just made a slip. Your scumplay isn't perfect.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Empking »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:Or, you just made a slip. Your scumplay isn't perfect.
I don't understand how it could be a slip. Can you explain?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Empking wrote:
Proof please.
What more proof do I need than your vote with little to no reason that is up there?

It also seems less than likely to me that we would have two tracker style roles in such a small game. It's possible, but I think it would be dependent upon what kind of PRs the scum have.

Kairyuu can go ahead, but I think if Weyouns is around at all he should claim as soon as he checks the thread. It would help your credibility the sooner you claim.
YOUR AD HERE

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Empking »

VP Baltar wrote:
Empking wrote:
Proof please.
What more proof do I need than your vote with little to no reason that is up there?
You need to prove that I gave zero other reasoning than you disbelieving my claim.
It also seems less than likely to me that we would have two tracker style roles in such a small game. It's possible, but I think it would be dependent upon what kind of PRs the scum have.
I've chalked it down to the b*****dish of the game.
Kairyuu can go ahead, but I think if Weyouns is around at all he should claim as soon as he checks the thread. It would help your credibility the sooner you claim.
Wow. That was a quick change, wasn't it?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:18 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Empking wrote: WLC: Can you claim? People want you to.
I can claim, but I'd rather not do so at the moment. If the mass-claim continues, I will claim after after Kairyuu can supposedly 'confirm his towniness'.
Empking wrote: WLC: Why do you consider a reporter claim predictable?
A Newspaper reporter somehow feels a bit out of place to me. I'd rather think that you could have the reporter role, but it would have a different name or something. Maybe you're a Mafia role investigator, so you can check if people have a role that lets them act at night, so you can 'prove' the correctness of your investigation.
Empking wrote: WLC: Why would I have been affected?
I thought something happened to a reporter that was investigating the house of someone who was targeted by scum, but I checked the role, and was mistaken.
Empking wrote: WLC: How have I "stepped up [my] game"?
You're acting and reacting more.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Heh. Why is it that I always get the flavors that contradict the mod (this is the second time)?

I'm up, so here goes:

I'm the Carnival Owner, which confuses me because the flavor at the start of the game is written from "my" perspective. Meh, last time something like this happened I ended up being the building that everyone in the game was trapped in (I was McDonalds in Facedown and Thirsty Mafia, and we were all trapped inside a McDonalds).

Essentially, the fact that the people who go to the Pupeteer's show come out all brainwashed bothers me, so I want to put a stop to it because it's hurting business. Since I have a really loud voice, I'm a double voter, with my second vote PMed to the mod whenever I want.

A few things about my role.

1. Given that the second vote is secret, it has a high potential for sowing confusion. Therefore, I have not actually used my second vote yet this game.

2. The power of this role in a lylo situation caused me to not play at my usual level. I've held back quite a bit until recently because I wanted to avoid the NK so I could be around when my vote had more influence.

3. I will be placing a vote on Grimmy to prove my claim. The next votecount should reflect that (I'm picking Grimmy because I feel like it).

@VP: Go ahead. You're up.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Empking »

Can I confirm that we'll know that there's a vote on Grimmy but not that it your's?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Kairyuu »

As far as I know. I haven't used it yet, so I'm not 100% sure that it won't come with my name attatched. My assumption is that it won't though.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Empking »

How useful to you consider it (as a town power) in LyLO out of ten?

I think I should point out that it doesn't confirm him as town.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Emp: Depends on the type of lylo. In a 3 player lylo with a confirmed townie it allows me to lynch the scum without worrying about convincing anyone. Without the confirmed townie, it puts the game in my hands as if it were me that was confirmed, since I can cause the lynch myself. If it's a larger lylo, like a 5 player one, it's not quite as useful, but it still puts quite a bit of power in my hands bacause i control 2 of the three votes needed to lynch.

Overall, I'd say 8 of 10.

Also, when have you ever seen doublevoting be a power given to non-town (and Wheel of Time doesn't count, because VanDamien had the ability to stay town aligned, and when we got him lynched he still was)?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Empking »

The mafia in WoT had it as a one-shot power.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Empking wrote:His protection of Shin and the fact that Shin and VPB share a completely ridiculous view point.
That was your reason for voting me, Emp. Given that I haven't really seen much of anything scummy from Shinnen this whole game, it seems like a grasping reason to me. There isn't much proof in mafia, so your demand for it is quite ridiculous. I do consider your reason "zero reasoning" other than me questioning your claim.
Emp wrote:Wow. That was a quick change, wasn't it?
Well, WLC did say he wasn't going to be around. Since he is, and I believe he is somewhat scummy, it makes sense for him to claim before other players. However, if town wants to stick with the original plan, I have no problem with that.

@ Kairyuu, I'm not sure if that helps your towniness at all, as Emp said. You could very well be a double voter for the Puppeteers. I could also see you being the Joker or something. It will however prove that you have a powerrole, though I would have to say that I'm a more than a bit wary of taking a chance like that in lylo. Did you breadcrumb anywhere?

Before I claim I want to make sure that everyone wants me to go before WLC.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

oh, and are you saying that your power can be used multiple times?
YOUR AD HERE

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:17 am

Post by Empking »

VP Baltar wrote:
Empking wrote:His protection of Shin and the fact that Shin and VPB share a completely ridiculous view point.
That was your reason for voting me, Emp. Given that I haven't really seen much of anything scummy from Shinnen this whole game, it seems like a grasping reason to me. There isn't much proof in mafia, so your demand for it is quite ridiculous. I do consider your reason "zero reasoning" other than me questioning your claim.
Well, WLC did say he wasn't going to be around. Since he is, and I believe he is somewhat scummy, it makes sense for him to claim before other players. However, if town wants to stick with the original plan, I have no problem with that.
That isn't zero reasoning and I don't see how you could consider it so.
You knew WLC was here before.

I'd prefer you to claim first.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Emp wrote:That isn't zero reasoning and I don't see how you could consider it so.
Well, I could say I'm going to vote you because you wear a purple hat. Doesn't make it a real reason.
Emp wrote:You knew WLC was here before.
Weyouns was not around when we decided the order of the claims. It was the general concensus that if he wasn't going to be around then we would just go ahead and let him claim last. However, he came in after you had claimed, so maybe letting him claim now (or he could have before Kairyuu even) wouldn't be such a bad idea.
YOUR AD HERE

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Empking »

It is a real reason.
Weyouns was not around when we decided the order of the claims. It was the general concensus that if he wasn't going to be around then we would just go ahead and let him claim last. However, he came in after you had claimed, so maybe letting him claim now (or he could have before Kairyuu even) wouldn't be such a bad idea.
That's not what you were saying before it was your turn to claim.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, I have nothing to lose from the claim. Once some more people check in and say they want me to claim first, I will claim. I was simply saying that the original plan might need amending if the premise (ie WLC not being around) has been changed.
YOUR AD HERE

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Empking »

VP Baltar wrote:lol, I have nothing to lose from the claim. Once some more people check in and say they want me to claim first, I will claim. I was simply saying that the original plan might need amending if the premise (ie WLC not being around) has been changed.
That's not what you were saying before it was your turn.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:12 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Sorry about the confusion on my presence/absence. I was quoting grimmy, and didn't delete the last three lines (as stated in the post directly after it). I'm still present, and actually have more access than usual for the next couple of day (until I have to get to work again on tuesday).

If people want to have me claim first that's understandable. I'd still rather not have the whole claim-thing, but since Kairyuu claimed I'd be willing to claim now when people think I should claim before VP.

That said, I absolutely don't see how Kairyuu's claim marks him as obvtown. There are so many ways he could achieve the vote on Grimmy (redirect a vote, buy a vote, an extra vote for Mafia, although that's unlikely like he said).
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Emp:
The mafia in WoT had it as a one-shot power
Yes. One shot, and it affected the number of votes to lynch, rendering it useless in lylo. Mine does not.

@VP:
I'm not sure if that helps your towniness at all, as Emp said. You could very well be a double voter for the Puppeteers.
A scum doublevoter is way to powerful in my opinion. It throws the game totally out of balance if the vote does not change the to-lynch count, which mine does not. For example, a lylo situation becomes an instant scum win, because they control enough votes to cause a lynch on their own. Doublevoting scum just cannot be balanced out.
I could also see you being the Joker or something.
DDD was the Joker. Read post 333.
It will however prove that you have a powerrole, though I would have to say that I'm a more than a bit wary of taking a chance like that in lylo.
If the scum leave me alive in lylo, not only will I be extremely surprised (I expect to be the kill tonight now, hence my hesitation towards the massclaim initially), It will also screw them over completely by giving me almost 100% control of the lynch.
Before I claim I want to make sure that everyone wants me to go before WLC.
Go for it. The order doesn't actually make much of a difference anyway. I'd say whichever one of you posts next should claim in that post, and both of you should stop stalling.
oh, and are you saying that your power can be used multiple times?
Yup. It has no limit, and no restrictions on it. Quite a fun power. I kinda regret not using it before now.

@WLC:
redirect a vote
That would imply that there will be a vote unaccounted for on the votecount due to it not being where it was put. That one is easilt disprovable once the votecount is up.
buy a vote
Same as above. If everyone appears on the votecount as having a vote, then my second vote can belong to no one but me.
an extra vote for Mafia, although that's unlikely like he said
See above for why that would be foolish.

Also, the first two roles: redirector and one of the varients of politician, are generally considered pro-town roles from my experience. Why would having one of those roles make me scum (also, if I had them, why would I lie about it).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, I am the Waffle Vendor, a VT. The puppeteers are killing my business and I have to use my vote to get rid of them.

I breadcrumbed this role in post 93:
VP Baltar wrote:Well I guess we don't know how many scum are in the game, so the odds would go up appropriately.
SilverPhoenix wrote:Also, pies will be thrown.
Awww, I prefer over cooked waffles
or something a little more damaging.
This is also why I tend to believe Nocmen's claim. His role sounds similar to mine, though I'm not sure why he thought he had a power. When he said his thing about 'is anyone hungry' early in the game I thought he was breadcrumbing that he was a food vendor.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”