Mini 765 - Welcome to Hambargarville GAME OVER!!

Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Ojanen wrote: Regards to the overreacting I just find it peculiar that you're not trying to control it when you think yourself that it's a scumtell in your play. But I guess this applies whether you're scum or town, just strange this seemingly deliberately letting something you're cognizant of hinder your play in other players' eyes.
And Hero's defensiveness was, if I remember correctly, of a such remarkably more subtle variety than yours that it kinda confirmed to me that you can quite sensitively assess this.

Regards to replacement voting, see I think it's perfectly ok to vote for a replacement on the original persons (de)merits. If there's a stain in the playerslot's actions it will stay there regardless of person changing. Of course you can't get explanations but if someone thinks the stain is scummy enough, more than just worthy of some probing, I say vote away.
My problem is that in my experience, I can't do things in a small way; when I defend myself, I defend zealously, when I attack someone I attack zealously, and when I try to rectify my mistakes, I do so zealously enough to be a scumtell in its own right. Read Election Mafia '08 if you have any doubts about the seriousness of this statement.

I agree, it would be bad for me to just ignore this problem, but unless I deal with it very, very, very, very gradually, I'm going to screw up and get lynched, no matter my alignment.

As for the replacement voting, I suppose that's just a difference of opinion. As far as Day 1 goes, I'd rather give replacements a clean slate to start out on, rather than hound them before they fully understand what's going on in the game.

I'm not voting because I honestly don't know who to vote for right now. I have no leads beyond Wall-E and Sajin, and both are fully spent already. Maybe I'm subconsciously waiting for someone to make a scummy statement, maybe I'm just confused. I can't think clearly at the moment.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Idiotking wrote:I have no leads beyond Wall-E and Sajin, and both are fully spent already. Maybe I'm subconsciously waiting for someone to make a scummy statement, maybe I'm just confused.
BANG!

Just kidding, but what makes you say your leads are fully spent?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 am

Post by Idiotking »

Wall-E's been difficult to deal with since we started. I don't think I'm going to get anything more out of him than I already have. Sajin, too.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Getting on page 15 and reading through what I can...

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:01 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

#353 Hero764: I beg to differ on the part of your first sentence before the comma.
#355 Hero764: How is voting for an inactive scummy?
#359 Idiotking: I like the last part of this post.
#366 Wall-E: Would you like a pair of glasses? I use one in real life.
#372 Wall-E: If anything about Idiotking's post rubs me the wrong way, it's his sarcasm which I don't always take to, not because he is arguing semantics. Really, though, you're merging together two distinct things.
#377 Hero764: I don't have a good sense of humor either, so don't feel bad. It's gotten better over the years, though.
#378 Idiotking: Same response as to #378.
#385 Sajin: I love this one xD I laughed in real life. See, my sense of humor exists!
#391 Wall-E: No, being semantical is not a scumtell. If we never worried about semantics, however, we would never catch scum slips, so worst case scenario here would be a weak town tell.
#392 Wall-E: Did Idiotking say you asserted that nothing relevant had happened since page 4?
#394 Wall-E: I fail to see how so.
#407 Wall-E: Asperger's? Me too. (Actually, I was somewhat of a nut case, but that's a long story.)
#435 Sajin: I think that's a big jump there.
FoS: Sajin

#436 Wall-E: You already claimed.
#446 Idiotking: In my opinion, if you're a town aligned power role and you claim vanilla townie, you're asking to commit suicide. I see your line of thinking about the other way around, but I personally don't like the idea of claiming something I'm not as town.
#454 Wall-E: Not necessarily. If you have a legitimate case against your attacker, you can throw that at him or her.
#469 Wall-E: Why are you accusing Idiotking of
ad hominem
if not only you've committed it yourself, but it also seems to be how you play?
#483 Wall-E: Another hypocritical post. You don't defend your own case, so why should others defend themselves against you?
Mid-page 20: Man, how vicious you guys are!
#503 Wall-E: If you insist that a question have a question mark at the end, then go ahead and call the ones that don't cases instead. It's still your responsibility to respond to them, though.
#504 Wall-E: You say that lynching you would and would not hurt the town in the same post. I'm surprised we're still on Day 1 at this point.
#516 Wall-E: Something seems off with the smiley after the last sentence.
#546 Wall-E: True, hence why I use the disclaimer "I know what I am" when I explain a situation that suggests the possibility that I'm scum.
#549 Wall-E: Interesting first half of your post. You dismissed Wikipedia as an unreliable source of information (which it can be) and pulled definitions of "rhetoric" from what I am led to believe is a dictionary other than Wiktionary. You then bolded the definition you meant by "rhetoric". One minor question, though, and it's not about something that I think is necessarily a scumtell: One of the definitions you pulled up for rhetoric is "The art or study of using language effectively and persuasively." What is the difference between that and "the art of using language as a means to persuade"?
#552 X: Where's Point 1?
#574 Sajin: I'd rather back up lynching Wall-E with more stuff than that.

That's through page 24. The rest later.

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Wall-E »

So I see that there are TONS of questions for me. I plan t go through and answer them all, but at the moment it's a bit daunting. It seems like I'm at four votes, so I will focus on the questions from those people when I do.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Wall-E »

I'm disappointed that Sajin ignored my post 723. Were you softclaiming, Sajin?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am

Post by qwints »

Holy rolefishing batman!
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Hero764 »

#353 Hero764: I beg to differ on the part of your first sentence before the comma.
What else would you suggest?
#355 Hero764: How is voting for an inactive scummy?
I was just using her logic against her to demonstrate the hypocrisy of her statement.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Hero764 wrote:
What else would you suggest?
I'm not saying that voting Wall-E is not an option for pressuring somebody. What I'm trying to imply is that there are other ways of pressuring people that will work. If I'm scummy, you can pressure me. (There doesn't seem to be a case on me except whatever was on burfy.) I know what I am, though.

Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Kreriov »

@StangerCoug - There really was no case against Burfy, mainly because he really did nothing until he had to be replaced, so pretty much its all you :)

@Wall-E - there have been tons of questions for you for weeks now, do you see one of the problems people have had with you now?
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

SC wrote: #446 Idiotking: In my opinion, if you're a town aligned power role and you claim vanilla townie, you're asking to commit suicide. I see your line of thinking about the other way around, but I personally don't like the idea of claiming something I'm not as town.
So are you inclined to think that Wall-e is either VT or lying scum?
"Someone is playing with my mind, with my little gray cells. " - Hercule Poirot
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

Just realized that question is ambiguous. What I mean to ask is "do you think that wall-e is either vt or lying scum...or do you think its possible he is a pr and made a mistake by claiming vt?"
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Looker »

unvote vote sajin
Don't take it personal, but i think you're scum
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

yellowbunny wrote:
SC wrote: #446 Idiotking: In my opinion, if you're a town aligned power role and you claim vanilla townie, you're asking to commit suicide. I see your line of thinking about the other way around, but I personally don't like the idea of claiming something I'm not as town.
So are you inclined to think that Wall-e is either VT or lying scum?
Lying scum.

X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by X »

StrangerCoug wrote:#552 X: Where's Point 1?
They're all outlined in #542, originally written by Kreriov, paraphrased by Wall-E, quoted by IK, and then proven by me. I thought point 1 was already basically proven - almost everyone has expressed that sentiment, and supported it in some form.
@Wall-E

Point 1: You claimed to quickly.

Point 2: You ignore questions.

Point 3: You seem to randomly attack whomever you can to draw suspicions away from you.

Point 4: You support cases (i.e. YB against Hero) at the drop of a hat in what I think are desperate tries to take suspicion off of you.

Point 5: You misrepresent facts.
Wall-E wrote:I'm disappointed that Sajin ignored my post 723. Were you softclaiming, Sajin?
I'm disappointed that Wall-E ignored my post 552. But that's to be expected. Oh, well.
Looker wrote:
unvote vote sajin
You gonna support your vote, or what?

Does anyone else realize that Wall-E only has 4 out of 7 votes? That needs to change soon after SC and Looker finish reading.
yellowbunny
yellowbunny
Goon
yellowbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by yellowbunny »

X wrote: Wall-E wrote:
I'm disappointed that Sajin ignored my post 723. Were you softclaiming, Sajin?
I'm disappointed that Wall-E ignored my post 552. But that's to be expected. Oh, well.
Wall-e's ignoring a lot. Its getting old, fast. I am beginning to think removing my vote was a mistake to begin with.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Post by qwints »

Looker wrote:
unvote vote sajin
Want to explain that all looker?

If Wall-E doesn't answer the questions posed to him by Monday, I say we lynch him. We've spent way too much time trying to get him to meaningfully participate (instead of debating the meaning of "rhetoric.")
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Page 25 to the end:

#603 yellowbunny: I like how you relate the court case over the car accident to the game.
#617 yellowbunny: I think Sajin is correct here as well.
#618 Kreriov: Your second sentence is
IF
we have a cop, which we can't count on at this point. As for claiming vanilla townie and then a power role, that's grounds for invoking Lynch All Liars in my book.
#629 qwints: Parts of this post makes Kreriov look scummy, but I can see where you got your leaning here.
#653 yellowbunny: LOL the phone bit.
#654 Hero764: I fail to see how qwints presupposed that you are scum.
#666 Idiotking: Why does your last paragraph remind me of how to take bridge strategy (not that doing so is scummy)?
#699 Wall-E: If anything's wrong with what qwints originally said, it's pretty vague in terms of whom is meant by "someone else", and my original thought was one of the other 11 of us.
#701 Idiotking: Excellent response to the first post.
#712 Wall-E: Technically speaking, everybody here is still of unidentified alignment. If qwints is asking you to do something or die (or worse, to just plain die with no other option given), it means he thinks you are lynchworthy, and I don't like your trying to weasel your way out of a lynch.
#719 Wall-E: Most game mods, me included, have rules illegalizing insults, which hambargarz saw being exchanged. Even if it slipped the specific mod's mind to make it a rule, it's common knowledge that most people don't like them and anybody who's had the misfortune of having to socialize knows what an insult is.
#722 Wall-E: While I see how you arrived at the conclusion that Sajin softclaimed, I read it more as him trying to avoid painting an NK target on somebody.
#723 Wall-E: That's a laugh given the weak reasoning behind you fullclaiming.
#763 Looker: Don't vote somebody without a case on them.
FoS: Looker.

Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Kreriov »

Wow, well, I might be in information overload, but I am very confident of this vote.

Vote: Looker

I kept reminding people that I believe Cubarey was attempting to frame X. I pretty much tell Looker that now that he is here he should comment on it. Now, after replacing in and having 3 or 4 days to read through everything, the only thing he does is say Sajin is scum and votes? Really?

@Looker - if you were just trying to avoid being prodded, make a brief post about how you are still reading. Actually share your thoughts like StangerCoug has been doing. To me, it looks like you replaced in, really didn't know how to respond/were overloaded and are hoping to fly under the radar until Day 1 ends. To me, this reads scum.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Wall-E »

qwints wrote:
Looker wrote:
unvote vote sajin
Want to explain that all looker?

If Wall-E doesn't answer the questions posed to him by Monday, I say we lynch him. We've spent way too much time trying to get him to meaningfully participate (instead of debating the meaning of "rhetoric.")
Actually, it wasn't a debate at all. I used it correctly, was told I hadn't, and corrected that person.

I will post an answer to the questions posed to me before Monday. That's perfectly reasonable.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Wall-E »

qwints wrote:Holy rolefishing batman!
It's not rolefishing. He's either softclaiming for NO GOOD REASON AT ALL or he's got something else to say, and I want to hear what it is.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Kreriov »

@Wall-E - Sorry Wall-E, but I just do not see any softclaim in what you posted, even assuming you quoted Sajin correctly. I find it much more probable that you are casting suspicion wherever you can to get it off of you. Sajin appears to have some people looking at him so you find an excuse to try and add weight to the bandwagon.
Kreriov
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Sajin »

I missed where I softclaimed. I must be the jester forgive me.

However walle, if you actually saw a softclaim from someone and you were town would you really want to out them? on day 1?

And for the record, day 1 lists are stupid. They still are, always will be.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Looker »

Kreriov wrote:Wow, well, I might be in information overload, but I am very confident of this vote.

Vote: Looker

I kept reminding people that I believe Cubarey was attempting to frame X. I pretty much tell Looker that now that he is here he should comment on it. Now, after replacing in and having 3 or 4 days to read through everything, the only thing he does is say Sajin is scum and votes? Really?

@Looker - if you were just trying to avoid being prodded, make a brief post about how you are still reading. Actually share your thoughts like StangerCoug has been doing. To me, it looks like you replaced in, really didn't know how to respond/were overloaded and are hoping to fly under the radar until Day 1 ends. To me, this reads scum.
Okay, but i still think that there's a possibility sajin could be just as scummy as wall-e is believed to be. So rather than hopping on wall-e's wagon, I placed a vote on sajin. You think i'm scum or do you just not like the way i placed a vote with no reasoning? are you refuting my townieness or my playstyle?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”