Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Looker »

Jazzmyn wrote:Looker, your 677 made no sense, and you were asked repeatedly to explain it, and you haven't. Frankly, the only conclusion I can draw from your recent posts is that you are a mafia goon trying to protect Fishy from being lynched, which leads to the conclusion that Fishy is one of your scum partners with a more powerful role than your own.

Regards,
Jazz
That statement was induced by the fact that I believe your vote shift from fishy to me to be bogus

HOWEVER

You DIDN'T shift your vote in Post 676 because that was FISHY'S post.

Therefore
unvote vote Fishy
Stone me as necessary.

All the little birds on J-Bird Street, love to hear the robin go tweet, tweet, tweet.

JereIC - 1 (Netlava)
FishytheFish - 4 (Light-kun, Jazzmyn, JereIC, Looker)
Looker - 2 (HowardRoark, FishytheFish)
Lightkun - 1 (DraketheFake)

Not Voting - 1 (tubby216)

9 alive, 5 to lynch

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 722)
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by tubby216 »

posting this in all the games i am currently in

I will be V/LA for an extend amount of time death in the family
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Light-kun »

JereIC wrote:
Light-kun wrote:Howard: Looker always plays like absolute crap. I'm not surprised and I don't support a policy lynch.
So you're not suspicious of her at all? And why so non-chalant about about it?

Fishy, you say that krill=town is the same kind of flavor inconsistency that killer whale=town is. What kind of inconsistency is that, and how is it distinguishable from man=town?
Currently modding a game that had, at its start, Dejkha, Empking, and Zwetchenwasser. I really, really don't get surprised by "don't give a damn, I wanna do this" players, anymore.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 2:42 am

Post by Fishythefish »

JereIC wrote:Fishy, you say that krill=town is the same kind of flavor inconsistency that killer whale=town is. What kind of inconsistency is that, and how is it distinguishable from man=town?
That is the inconsistency of "townies who eat each other". Man in this setting is an inherently evil species which would very likely want to kill everyone.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Light-kun »

Just had a thought, Fishy, why wouldn't the mafia actually be Emperor Penguins? They are predators of at least one of the creatures in the game... so it make some sense.
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Fishythefish »

There's no way that more than one mafia is an emperor penguin- DtF would hardly claim that if it meant death as soon as a single scum was caught. I suppose there's no reason not to have a traitor penguin on the mafia's side.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Netlava »

JereIC wrote:Net - in a nutshell, scum has no incentive to claim a species that is more dangerous than they actually are, so LK's claim of being a killer whale when it's not likely he is makes him seem pro-town.
An SK would also have an incentive under your theory. Perhaps an SK would think it would lessen the chance of him getting NKed.
LK wrote:If JereIC is scum, Fishy isn't scum. (No scum would do this to their own partner.) If Fishy is scum, JereIC isn't scum.

Net: Think we should go with Fishy assuming the above?
I don't like to think in either-or statements.
Fishythefish wrote:In a similar vein, I am convinced Howard is scum.
Your vote isn't on anyone in particular. IIRC, you said this about several other players too. Who are your suspects?

Uhh... I mostly skimmed the posts. I'll post again later and be more thorough.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Netlava wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:In a similar vein, I am convinced Howard is scum.
Your vote isn't on anyone in particular. IIRC, you said this about several other players too. Who are your suspects?
To be clear- this was meant entirely in jest, to illustrate the logical structure of Jere's argument, which attacked me for a position despite not holding it.

I think Looker's play is scummy (and my vote is on him), as well as obviously anti-town. My suspicions on Jazz have weakened following an explanation of his vote which both makes sense and is coherent with what he had said before I criticised his vote. In my responses to Jere, I've sometimes called his arguments scummy- these points mostly stand, and he is on the list. Actually, I think you may well be scum, based on the way you are letting my lynch go through without any real comment. tubby I have no read on.
So, I'd guess the scum lie among looker, jere, tubby and netlava.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Looker »

That doesn't look like scumhunting, though, fish. It looks like politics... :? You know who the convincing mafia players are despite their alignments (Because let's face it, some people are just good at playing mafia no matter what their role) and so you're trying to get close to them and get on their side, i.e. Light-Kun
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 7:44 am

Post by Light-kun »

Whoa...I'm not really good at this game...and I'm not the easiest guy to sway...

if you're saying Fishy is trying to sway the town against me, that seems pretty self evident...

Looker, what ARE you saying anyway? It seems convoluted.
Show
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Looker »

in his last post where he stated whom he thought were scum, he didn't include you. your posts are significant and you appear convincing so he's trying to get on your side so you can convince the town that the scum could be someone else. he's trying to belay your suspicions...wait, it's coming out wrong. he wants you on his side is what im trying to say because you're good
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Looker »

AND you appear town
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Looker, you are accusing me of buddying on the basis of a scumlist that does not include L-k. For a long time, I have thought that L-k is a probable SK (for a while, I was completely sure, and I'm still fairly confident). This has been a very well-aired, and indeed much discussed point of view. If I wanted L-k on my side at the expense of honesty, I might not have spent the last however many pages accusing him of being SK, but instead opted for the more subtle tactic of agreeing with him about things. Your accusation is bizarre beyond belief, and I think is clutching at non-existent straws to justify your vote on me.

You accuse me of not scumhunting. Your play so far:
- Posts 0-24: no relevant content
- Post 25, you vote me (drunk). Also contains blatant buddying with L-k, and asks him to shoot DtF.
- Post 26- you clarify that you are, in fact, drunk.
- Post 27- you unvote, and say that "your opinion stands until you work out why you did it"
- Post 28- blatant buddying with everyone :)
- Post 29- "It's either Jazz or Fishy." You vote Jazz "to be safe"
- Post 30- you note that Jazz has returned.
- Post 31- you reiterate that it's me or jazz.
- Post 32- mistakenly thinking Jazz has voted you, you are certain that she is scum (unless you are claiming scum)
- 33,34- nothing to speak of
- Post 35- since actually it was me who voted you, you now think I am scum and vote for me instead

So. You have provided exactly 0 reasons for your votes/suspicions (other than the recent posts accusing me of buddying with L-k). You have instantly gone for first Jazz and then I when you thought you were being voted for. As far as I can tell, your suspicions on me were formed when drunk and you never worked out why, and your suspicions on Jazz simply crystallised out of the ether.

Jazz, if you are doing a reread I'd encourage you to unvote (in fact, I'd encourage anyone voting me to unvote :)). tubby has "reserved the right to hammer"- which presumably means he intends to do so soon. I'd also encourage everyone to read looker in isolation. It's most entertaining.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Looker »

hey hey now im not accusing you of anything and all that drunk stuff is slander, my publicist will state such. but the fact that you bring up my play in defense of your own as opposed to stating your opinion of your play speaks to me. do you believe your play is town? obviously you believe my play not to be so
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Looker »

:)
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Since tubby216 is away, Looker's L-1 vote on Fishythefish is not the hammer it probably already would be by now. I think now is a good time to review the votes on the Fishythefish wagon. Sure, it will mean more if he is lynched, but I find it interesting now.

463: + DraketheFake (1) (OMGUS? Fishythefish voted for DraketheFake in 452 while he was V/LA)
482: - DraketheFake (0) "I'm pretty sold on the idea that you
{JereIC}
, I, and Fishy are merely townies swept up in the tide of unfortunate circumstances and that the lurkers deserve more attention."
501: + Light-kun (1) "I want Fishy lynched, but if we irregardless do or do not lynch fish, I will shoot DtF tonight. If we lynch DtF, I will probably shoot Fish"
584: + tubby216 (2) "I think fishy is scum and needs a good lynching"
592: + Jazzmyn (3) (for flavor argument against Light-kun)
599: + Looker (4) "I say the fish fries unvote vote: Fishythef**kinfish and you shoot drakethefrigginfake"
629: - Looker (3) "but my opinion still stands until i figure out why i did it..."
634: + JereIC (4) (poor defense of D1 voting switch, Light-kun related)
669: - tubby216 (3) "since noone else wants to hammer the the fish" and reserves right to hammer
700: + Looker (4) ???

----------

@Netlava: I understand that you want to focus on one player at a time, but if JereIC were not in the game who would your target be and why?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Well yes of course I believe my play to be town. I defended your deeply flawed accusation, and then brought up your play. As for lack of scumhunting on my part, you might have a point of late- being at L-1 concentrates the mind on defense.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Wait...
Your saying you defended a deeply flawed accusation...isn't that anti town?
Show
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

I think he probably meant that he defended himself against the deeply flawed accusation.

That long write-up on Jazzmyn is coming in a bit while I procrastinate writing my end-of-year papers. Looker's riding pretty high up my list as well.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Alright. Let's goddamn do this.

In Jazzmyn's first content-ful post (367), she fingers ZEEnon, me, Light-kun, and Howard.
Jazzmyn wrote:ZEEnon later, after having said that he was not going to quit the game, did just that without any notice in the thread at all. He just disappeared. The overall impression of ZEEnon that I am left with is that he was most likely scum who just couldn’t take the heat of having a wagon on him.

Drake:

His first 14 posts were ostensibly all joke posts. That's a lot of joke posts. Mind you, they led to ZEEnon's meltdown and if ZEEnon is scum, as I suspect he is, that's not a bad result. But still, something seems not quite right here. Very soon after his lengthy series of joke posts, Drake moved quickly to DDD, and seemed to focus on DDD pretty much exclusively from that point forward, but the suspicions that he levelled at DDD seem somewhat contrived to me. Then in his post 23, Drake says that DDD still thinking that ZEEnon is scum is suspicious. That seems off to me because it sounds like Drake saying that he KNOWS that ZEEnon is town, which he couldn't know unless he is scum.

Then Drake tells DDD that he "despises" softclaims by townies saying that they 'win with the town', accuses DDD of being 'schizophrenic' for accusing ZEEnon of tunnelling, (pretty strong language there - "despises" and "schizophrenic" - in circumstances that do not call for such extremes) and says that DDD was "buddying up" to Drake and Light. (again, what makes Drake so sure that Light is town, which he couldn't know unless he is scum?) In other posts to DDD, Drake also utilizes the false dilemma fallacy and offers another soft defence of Light-Kun before turning his sights to freeko eventually when it appears inevitable that that's the way the wind is blowing.

Light-Kun:

Another one who seemed to make rather disingenuous accusations against DDD on Day 1, without backing them up. Then there was that weird and unduly hostile post he made to na85 that just seemed to come out of left field. Subsequently, he seemed to side with freeko for a while before eventually voting for him, even though freeko was the scummiest player by far (despite having ultimately flipped town). Something definitely seems "off" about Light's Day 1 play but I'm not getting a "Omg, he's scum, lynch him immediately" feel from it at present. ZEEnon and Drake are pinging slightly louder.

Howard:

Not enough to go on yet, due to his predecessor, so I have to keep him in the top tier of my suspect list at present, by default.
Most of this feels fair to me. There are individual points in the case against me that I don't like, but her point about my 14 joke posts (which I counted upon her notation of them, much to my chagrin) is solid and there's nothing horribly out of line. What I don't like is her treatment of Howard, and what she says about him the player could apply to a smattering of different players in the game at this point. But that's pretty minor, too.

Her next post, 407:
Jazzmyn wrote:Regarding Light-Kun's vigilante claim, it's plausible and it is certainly testable, so we should be able to ascertain soon enough whether he really is town aligned or not. But I think that we should test LK to ensure that he will follow town consensus, whether that consensus is to take out a particular target tonight or to no-kill tonight, rather than have him act alone.

I don't know what a "prisoner's dilemma" is so I'm going to have to look that up before I'll be able to understand the post that referred to that scenario.

Regarding the paired wagons, from my review, the "shift" appears to have begun at post 271.
As of post 270, the votes were 4 on DDD (Drake, freeko, Jere, Fishy)and 3 on freeko (DDD, Howard, Light).
In post 271, Fishy switched from DDD to freeko, making it 4-3 in the opposite direction.
Then Drake and Jere both unvoted DDD.
Then, Nuwen, Drake and Jere voted freeko (with Howard unvoting and re-voting freeko in between Drake's and Jere's votes)
So, those who switched from the DDD wagon to the freeko wagon were Fishy, Drake and Jere.

Nary a comment on L-k's conduct at the beginning of the day - which I still find completely contrary to the idea that L-k is a pro-town vig - coupled with acceptance of the claim. The rest is just a basic re-hash of the detailed analysis that Nuwen posted of the wagons yesterday, boiling it down to just the vote-switches that, conveniently, finger Fishy, me, and Jere.

At the end of her 418:
Jazzmyn wrote:There is overlap among Fishy, Drake and Jere on the early DDD wagon and the late freeko wagon. On the early DDD wagon were 1, Drake; 2, freeko; 3, Jere; and Fishy came later at #4. On the late freeko wagon were 4, Fishy; 5 Nuwen; 6, Drake; 7 Jere. I think it most likely that there is scum among the overlap.
In her next post she chides Hohum (now Netlava) for his lack of contribution and welcomes Looker.

In the post following she agrees with most of what L-k said about Fishy but says she needs to re-read me and Jere. She pokes Hohum and Looker again.

In her 477:
Jazzmyn wrote:I find the case against Fishy more compelling than the case against Drake, although I get a scum-vibe from both of them. Yet, they are currently voting against each other. Pretty bold bussing if they are both scum.

I plan to do a re-read today in order to firm up my thoughts, update my game notes, and cast a vote.

@Looker, you have yet to contribute anything to the game since replacing. Please give us your thoughts and input on the game so far.
Still stuck on two players, even as she chides the lurkers and admits that voting for each other would be "bold."

Her 515:
Jazzmyn wrote:Upon re-reading, I still think that there is scum among Fishythefish, DraketheFake and JereIC, largely due to the vote analysis. Of the three, I find Fishy the most suspicious, not only for the voting pattern and his role in steering the wagons, but also for being so quick to accept Light_Kun's Vig claim and for being so against the idea of having the town direct LK's night kill or no-kill, purporting to prefer to let him choose independently, despite the fact that we need to test Light-Kun's claim since he could just as easily be a SK as a Vig. (And then a couple of weeks later Fishy posted, apropos of nothing and only after the hot light of suspicion had been directed to himself, that 'incidentally', he is no longer in favour of letting LK choose his own kill. That looks to me like Fishy realizing that he needed to backtrack in order to attempt to look more like a townie.)

Netlava's 'case' on JereIC is about a weak a case as I have ever read. While I do find Jere's "kill em' all" idea to be rather bizarre, the rest of Netlava's case is based upon her personal bugaboos about the choice of wording that Jere uses, and I just don't see his word choices as scumtells. As noted above, I do think that there is scum among Fishy, Drake and Jere,
but the rationale put forward by Netlava is strange and possibly indicative of scum just trying to manufacture a case on a player who has suspicion directed at him by others.

Looker comes across as useless, and potentially scummy. Why replace into a game if you have no intention of participating meaningfully in the game?
It's very annoying and in my (admittedly somewhat limited) experience, it more often turns out that the lurking replacement is scum than town.

In the result, at present I am inclined to vote for Fishy today.

First, however, I would like LK to confirm that he is still in agreement with taking direction from the town as to his night action, including whether or not to take any such action.
This is where I begin to get really interested. Jazz here is still pretty sure that there is scum to be found between Fishy and Jere and I (back up to three), but actually mentions some scummy behavior by other players in the game. I bolded those sections. I don't think her section on Fishy's response to L-k's claim makes a ton of sense, and this here is also the first time she directs even a modicum of suspicion at L-k since her first post: which looks like the same sort of backtracking of which she is trying to accuse Fishy.

In 530 she has a detailed back-and-forth with Fishy, which you can read if you're interested. She declares her intent to vote for Fishy pending a votecount, then posts to say she realized that Fishy has only one vote, but will wait until he returns from V/LA to do so, which seems overly cautious to me.

Her 592:
Jazzmyn wrote:I still think there is scum among Fishy, Drake and JereIC. As I said previously, Fishy is most suspicious to me. He went V/LA for a bit, which is the only reason I didn't vote him sooner (see prior posts) but nothing he has posted since his return has changed my mind.
Fishythefish wrote:DDD was shot. This is a pretty strong flavour argument- killer whales simply do not shoot people. I suppose it is possible that the mod decided the mafia kill method would be in keeping with the situation, but the vig's would not. However, it seems fairly unlikely.
It seems equally unlikely that townies would not all be penguins, and bizarrely unlikely that some of them would be krill. And yet freeko flipped townie krill - not only un-penguin, but the main staple of Antarctic penguins' diet.

Your insistence that the flavour makes LK's claim "very likely false" is very odd in these circumstances. Same goes for Drake.

Vote: Fishythefish

FoS: Drake

I agree with those who think that we should direct LK to not kill tonight.

Welcome aboard, Tubby.

Also, this thread needs more Netlava and more Looker.
Still most suspicious of the same three players? Check. Still calling out lurkers? Check. I won't begrudge her her interpretation of the flavor argument, but I think her heavy insistence that other interpretations of the argument are scummy is scummy in and of itself.

In her 608 she takes issue with Looker for - of all things - changing a meaningless section of a quote and inserting mild swearing into both my and Fishy's names. She's continued to find Looker's play suspect recently, like the rest of us, but as I pointed out RE: her most recent post, she tried to make it out that Fishy was still scum because only a scum with a "less powerful role" would act the way Looker does.

So the accumulated crimes:
1. Tunneling.
2. Tunneling.
3. Tunneling.

(Har.)

I actually might find this sort of replace-in conduct okay if she hadn't essentially been parroting what Nuwen first set forth all day, with minor asides to lurkers who - once they finally began to attract attention - were dealt with my incorporating their actions into the case against her current squeeze. It's her initial suspicions that make me suspicious: the fact that she never again mentions ZEEnon's many replacements' conduct specifically in context of continuing to be suspicious of that player chain, and the fact that she seems so ready to accept L-k at his word, and especially that she felt the need to feebly finger Howard at the beginning of the day.

People seem to have forgotten, however, that there are non-flavor based reasons as to why Light-kun was deemed suspicious and even ever had to claim. I'm going to bring those back to the forefront in a minute. And then there's still the problem of Looker.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Light-kun, Post 336 wrote:My first guess is serial killer, third guess vig, and beyond that; I have no idea why we have a second death. Hm... under the assumption of a 3 person mafia team and 1 serial killer, we might be in a bit of trouble tomorrow. With a vig, we could instruct their actions. And if we're lucky, assuming sk, the sk might listen as to, at least, appear to be vigilante. This could be useful for the time being if nothing else.

Other than that, I can't think of a reason for the kill. Except for some bizzare (though allowed) role like...naive doctor or something.

This is the first post by a living player on D2. Now what on
EARTH
is the VIGILANTE, a pro-town POWER ROLE, doing posting something like this? His first guess: serial killer. I repeat: the claimed Vigilante's first guess is SK. He has "no idea" why we had a second death. Hm... under the assumption of a 3 person mafia team and 1 serial killer, we might be in a bit of trouble tomorrow... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Hey look, he sets the bait of "At least if it's a vig we can instruct their actions"! What a guy! And hey, hey look! If it's an SK, he might listen to us anyway to APPEAR TO BE THE VIGILANTE! Great advice, kiddo. Too bad you spoiled such a helpful post with your idle set-up guessing about a Quack, hoping that maybe the doctor also targeted one of the dead players by chance and is now questioning his sanity.
Light-kun, Next Post wrote:Also: Very angry at Freeko's lack of a claim.

I think I have an idea on who's scum. I'll read them in isolation later/tomorrow and post thoughts then.
Hand-wringing! Mysterious suspicions!
Light-kun, Two Posts Later wrote:I disagree Howard. It tells us that there is a second killing role out their. So, we can keep our minds open to the possibility that a serial killer is roaming, which means watching for someone who seems particularly scummy but isn't connected to anyone else.
Light-kun, Post 342 wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
Light-kun wrote:I disagree Howard. It tells us that there is a second killing role out their. So, we can keep our minds open to the possibility that a serial killer is roaming, which means watching for someone who seems particularly scummy but isn't connected to anyone else.
It's in a serial killer's best interest to play with the town during the day. A scum lynch and townie lynch both have the same value towards an SK's win condition, but actively scum-hunting has the added bonus of garnering town support and possible doc protection.

LA until Monday or Tuesday, one of my desktop's disk partitions shit out. My other partitions have experimental crap on them that I don't want to deal with, so I'll be sitting on my hands until my shiny new laptop arrives. I must also take time to mourn my lost Vig comics. :(
Interesting theory, but we should still be wary of possible serial killer.
You know what I realized this all is? Setting up for his argument later that there was a cross-kill.
Light-kun, Post 353 wrote:Also:
Howard, I'm slightly bothered that you think knowing or speculating of a vig, sk, or second mafia group doesn't help us now. It offers us a warning as to what we might be fighting. Though, I think that a second mafia group is rather unlikely, we should be wary of a Serial killer or whatever. If its vig, hm.... what should we do assuming vig? Act as though we have two votes? The serial killer might listen though I highly doubt the mafia (if there are two) will.
See? See? Why would a pro-town player, already thinking the way we want him to, post this? Why not claim right away: Hi, I'm the Vig, this is my species, I offed DDD for the obvious reasons. Direct me. He even already seems to know that we're basically in lylo if he misfires.

Nuwen's got a post in here I don't much care for, either:
Nuwen, Post 357 wrote:The variety of possible setups makes discussing the kills
more
important, not less. If we have a vig (or even an SK to barter with), we increase our capacity to policy lynch without fear. Determining the motivations for each kill is important.

Danny's kill, for example, looks like the work of a vig - I doubt a smart scum team would have killed a player who earned heavy suspicion on day 1.

I need to do a reread as well; almost all of my pair/team predictions hinged on Freeko flipping scum.

The bold section is so much WIFOM. Light-kun made a similar point about doubting there was a second scum team.

When you add to this mess the fact that the flavor doesn't align, and that Light-kun has repeatedly played coy with agreeing not to kill tonight, and that he wouldn't claim his species right away, well, I just don't understand why we didn't string him up 9 pages ago.

Vote: Light-kun
. Shit doesn't make sense, b.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Netlava »

fishy wrote:To be clear- this was meant entirely in jest, to illustrate the logical structure of Jere's argument, which attacked me for a position despite not holding it.
What about the other cases? You did post something along these lines for other people too.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Light-kun wrote:Wait...
I defended
against
a deeply flawed accusation.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by JereIC »

Only been able to skim so far, so apologies if I screw stuff up. So far it looks like DtF built a huge case against Jazz, then voted LK? Also, Fishy now thinks LK is pro-town?

Jazz is taking her time with that reread, although I can't blame her.

Still can't make heads or tails of Looker or Netlava.

I'll try to post some more tomorrow.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Light-kun »

DraketheFake wrote:I think he probably meant that he defended himself against the deeply flawed accusation.

That long write-up on Jazzmyn is coming in a bit while I procrastinate writing my end-of-year papers. Looker's riding pretty high up my list as well.
Objection! Coaching the witness.
DraketheFake wrote:
Light-kun, Post 336 wrote:My first guess is serial killer, third guess vig, and beyond that; I have no idea why we have a second death. Hm... under the assumption of a 3 person mafia team and 1 serial killer, we might be in a bit of trouble tomorrow. With a vig, we could instruct their actions. And if we're lucky, assuming sk, the sk might listen as to, at least, appear to be vigilante. This could be useful for the time being if nothing else.

Other than that, I can't think of a reason for the kill. Except for some bizzare (though allowed) role like...naive doctor or something.

This is the first post by a living player on D2. Now what on
EARTH
is the VIGILANTE, a pro-town POWER ROLE, doing posting something like this? His first guess: serial killer. I repeat: the claimed Vigilante's first guess is SK. He has "no idea" why we had a second death. Hm... under the assumption of a 3 person mafia team and 1 serial killer, we might be in a bit of trouble tomorrow... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Hey look, he sets the bait of "At least if it's a vig we can instruct their actions"! What a guy! And hey, hey look! If it's an SK, he might listen to us anyway to APPEAR TO BE THE VIGILANTE! Great advice, kiddo. Too bad you spoiled such a helpful post with your idle set-up guessing about a Quack, hoping that maybe the doctor also targeted one of the dead players by chance and is now questioning his sanity.
I object. You have not proven that normal scum tells, such as "scum claim their kills" and "doctors praise themselves" apply to me. Claiming book won't cut it.

Also, suggesting I don't calculate for every possibility is stupid... that is to say, if I wasn't pressed to claim, I would not have. Therefore, saying a vig would insta-claim his kill is completely moronic. I figured that by painting this up to sk, the mafia wouldn't look for usual vig tells from anyone but me. I figure I crossed those out, so if they attack me, they would hack me as sk, but the odds someone out there who is more likely to look like sk than myself seems high. I am usually kept alive afterall. *Sighs* this didn't play out, of course, but was my planned course of action.
Fishythefish wrote:
Light-kun wrote:Wait...
I defended
against
a deeply flawed accusation.
Define the accusation. (By whom/why flawed).
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”