semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by semioldguy »

melikefood wrote:And you've pushed him into claiming, why not control his night actions?
(1) I don't know what exactly we gain by him claiming.
(2) Trying to control his night actions is not good, especially since no one even knows what his night action would be and hence extremely unlikely we can even confirm it.
(3) This case could be made for any player pushed to a lynch, as everyone here is an inventor with a bunch of boxes that we have no idea about the contents of and we are only sure that we can even make what's in one of the boxes. Someone has to be lynched today, so making an argument not to lynch him that could be used as an argument to not lynch ANY player doesn't fly with me.

Also my case is built around his contradictions... I don't know how that escaped your read as I thought I made it pretty clear that I think he has been contradicting himself.

Vote Count:

AceMarksman (1) - Zazier
Darox (0) -
Duckduck96 (0) -
Empking (1) - LeakingGoofball
LeakingGoofball (0) -
Lobstermania (1) - Mastin
Mastin (6) - AceMarksman, Darox, Semioldguy, Empking, Duckduck96, Zwetschenwasser
Melikefood (0) -
Semioldguy (0) -
Tarhalindur (0) -
Zazier (0) -
Zwetschenwasser (1) - Lobstermania

LeakingGoofball replacement pending.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by melikefood »

I was hoping we could expiriment with the boxes as soon as we possibly can, while we stll have lots of people to use without it being too much of a risk to the town.
If we use a box and figure out what it can do, everyone with a similar box will know what they have up their arsenal.
I'd volunteer to be a genuia pig. I'm willing to take one for the town.
Which box we use should be left to the two people involved, so we don't accidentally out what we have to the scum.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Darox »

Mastin hasn't claimed anything more than that he is actually playing the game. His claim holds no weight in anything. Really, he shouldn't have claimed anything at all. The only people his claim could help is informed minorities.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by melikefood »

I was thinking we could inform people with boxes similar to Mastin's.Although now I'm seeing your point.

I guess we can put off my plan untill it benefits us more than the scum.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by lobstermania »

Melikefood, how do you inform the town what your box does without also informing the mafia?

Also, Mastin is at L-1 and hasn't posted in four days. Granted, Zwetschen cast the L-1 vote yesterday, I'm still a little surprised we haven't heard from him yet.
duckduck96 wrote:I think that one of these options is applicable.

A. Mastin is scum, trying to save himself by going after Lobster
B. Lobster is scum, Mastin is correct
C. Mastin is scum, bussing Lobster

What I do find suspicious is Mastin's use of meta. [....] Mastin, if you are town and are convinced that Lobster is scum, then provide a lot more than meta bullshit to support it.
I agree with this. Mastin's only defense is:
1. the "fact" we can't meta him
2. the "fact" that he's never been scum
3. his plea not to break his record of never being lynched.

The reason's I am scum are:
I replaced into a game.
I don't believe his lack of defense.

Mastin's play since his box-claim hasn't helped to solidify my feelings of his innocence. I'm getting frustrated with his lack of explanation to questions I have asked several times (provide some analysis to your pbpa post #251, explain why you think boxes have percentages of working). I would like to give Mastin a chance to respond (or explain why he chooses not to respond) to my questions, and other's. And then I will re-evaluate placing a vote on him.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:09 am

Post by melikefood »

Riceballtail wrote:
Unfortunately, you are only given instructions on how to build one of the devices (the one that matches your box color).
The scum cheated and have instructions to all of their devices, however.

I was reading this, but now I'm noticing that it probably goes for success rate and not the actual contents of the box.

Whoops my bad.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:14 am

Post by lobstermania »

Where is everyone inferring a "success rate" from? I am struggling to find something that relates to this in any of the Mod's posts.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:14 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

melikefood wrote:Hokay, I probably should expand on my confusion...

All I see on the justification for the bandwagon is that Mastin used a strawman argument and made a bet. He didn't backpedal on his argument or flip-flop on it or anything. IMO, his justification for using a strawman argument was reasonable (being clarify your argument or it's BS) It mostly comes off as stubborn and sarcastic, which I feel is more of a flavor than scumminess.

And you've pushed him into claiming, why not control his night actions?
Why not claim scum? It saves us much deliberation.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Beyond_Birthday replaces LeakingGoofball.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
duckduck96
duckduck96
Goon
duckduck96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by duckduck96 »

Hallelujah.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

On page 3, will read more later.
No deadline eliminates my normal need to rush through, but I'll get there soon-ish. Later.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:28 am

Lobster, vote mastin.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:54 am

Post by lobstermania »

Sunday, May 24
zwetschenwasser wrote: Is there a good mastin case?
[Additional Zwetschen posts read (in chronological order): "QFT" on the 25th, "Way to be noncommittal." on the 26th, an interesting "Oho! This is much worse. If you were actually pro-town and actually found me suspicious you would be supporting a lynch of me instead of a vig which can easily be blocked by everyone, assuming that we've all got a roleblocking power in one of our boxes." on the 27th, and a probably sarcastic "Oh really? Of COURSE meta is good evidence. Sheesh." on the 30th.]

Sunday, May 31
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Mastin

L-1 gogogo!
I'm having trouble following your train of thought between your vote on Ace (which you have refused to explain or justify) to your vote on Mastin (which you don't explain, either in the post where you voted or in your previous posts).
In addition, you are clearing pushing Mastin's immediate lynch. Why? What is the case on Mastin, Zwetschen?
zwetschenwasser wrote:Lobster, vote mastin.
No. Read the thread and you will learn that I am waiting for Mastin to respond to some loose ends. You, however, are ridiculous is your lack of explanation for votes and outright rushing of a bandwagon.

I'm surprised more people aren't voting for you.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:33 am

melikefood wrote:EBWOP
Bad wording.

"I am not completely comprehending the voters' justification for the Mastin bandwagon"
LunaLouise defended Ace who I suspect is scum due to the instructions fumble. Ace is my choice for lynch and Luna is a possible scum partner for a ridiculous illogical defense. Farside's advocation of weak scum hunting=likely scum rubs me the wrong way, but Farside isn't scummy otherwise. Darox might be scum with the first two based on his actions around post 177. Luna agrees with him in post 179 while not explaining what's wrong with Zee's vote. Tar gets townie brownies in post 203. Darox is probably not scum with Ace. Luna is scum with either Ace or Darox. There is still a good chance Ace, Darox, and Luna are scum where Ace is trying to distance Darox in post 214. FoS Mastin for not checking meta on Ace even though that is the reason he's not voting Ace. Something bugs me about ZazieR. It is nothing in particular, just a general uneasiness from playstyle or chosen course of action? Not sure.

Mastin or Ace is mafia, but definitely not together. (Page 17). I think lobster's case is decent against Mastin. I still prefer a lynch of Ace. Page 18: Still prefer an Ace lynch.

Luna's replacement is melikefood....

I trust your above statement, but what about Ace? Do you think he's scummy, yes/no?
Show
6-4-1
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by melikefood »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Luna's replacement is melikefood....

I trust your above statement, but what about Ace? Do you think he's scummy, yes/no?
If I had to give a direct yes or no, I'd have to say yes.
I'm thinking that he's kinda tunneling on Mastin.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Darox »

lobstermania wrote:Sunday, May 24
zwetschenwasser wrote: Is there a good mastin case?
[Additional Zwetschen posts read (in chronological order): "QFT" on the 25th, "Way to be noncommittal." on the 26th, an interesting "Oho! This is much worse. If you were actually pro-town and actually found me suspicious you would be supporting a lynch of me instead of a vig which can easily be blocked by everyone, assuming that we've all got a roleblocking power in one of our boxes." on the 27th, and a probably sarcastic "Oh really? Of COURSE meta is good evidence. Sheesh." on the 30th.]

Sunday, May 31
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Mastin

L-1 gogogo!
I'm having trouble following your train of thought between your vote on Ace (which you have refused to explain or justify) to your vote on Mastin (which you don't explain, either in the post where you voted or in your previous posts).
In addition, you are clearing pushing Mastin's immediate lynch. Why? What is the case on Mastin, Zwetschen?
zwetschenwasser wrote:Lobster, vote mastin.
No. Read the thread and you will learn that I am waiting for Mastin to respond to some loose ends. You, however, are ridiculous is your lack of explanation for votes and outright rushing of a bandwagon.

I'm surprised more people aren't voting for you.
See:
Darox wrote:
Zwetschenwasser wrote:
Darox wrote:Zwetschenwasser is an ok fallback but it's better if he just gets vigged asap.
Oho! This is much worse. If you were actually pro-town and actually found me suspicious you would be supporting a lynch of me instead of a vig which can easily be blocked by everyone, assuming that we've all got a roleblocking power in one of our boxes.
You're a village idiot.

We should spend our public lynch on someone who is suspicious, on a public forum, where we can see and gauge everyone's reactions.

Someone like you should be taken out at night to avoid wasting a day.
This pretty much sums up my feelings on a Zwet lynch.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by Mastin »

I HAD made a post, and was about to hit submit, but the computer I was on crashed and I lost everything. <_<

Most of the time, when I lose a post, I try to remake it, and the end result (junk) is of lower quality than the original.

I'm going to do the reverse--make it better.

Also, most of the time, people give the short version, the summary, of a long post after they make it. (Yes, this post will be long)

I'm doing it before.

-Ace is scum,
-Semi is scum,
-Due to my reckless-->Towntell belief, I find that Lobster is less likely to be mafia,
-Tar's town.

And with that in mind,
Mastin unvotes: Lobster,
Mastin Votes: Ace

Now, to explain why.

This might take more than a day to write, mind you. (My record's three days.) Hopefully not, of course.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Post by Mastin »

Semi wrote:If you think extending the bet makes you look desperate, then why were you so desperate to be extending that bet when you only had two votes on you? Is L-5 something to be worried about?
Several others had expressed suspicion of me at the time. THOSE made it FAR more than L-5, and most likely are what made it L-2 or so. Expressing suspicions, and then later acting on them.
Just because you give an explanation as to why you are doing something, it doesn't mean that it is not a contradiction.
Yes, yes it does mean that it isn't a contradiction.

If I give proof, and evidence, as to why what I says doesn't contradict itself, and sometimes even AUGMENTS itself instead of a supposed contradiction...then there's no contradiction in there. I've been accused of contradicting myself when the arguments were meant to augment each other before. Was it 742? I think it came up once or twice in there, at least.
It's still a contradiction and explanations don't always make everything all better.
When explanations are backed up with proof, they're more likely to be true, no?

It should make things better, and prove why it's not a contradiction.

Inconsistency-->Scum tell.

Augmentation-->Town Tell.
You can point back to your meta and say that you did something as town, but how do we know that you don't do it as scum?
You can't for 100%. However, you CAN say that I have done it before, and that it isn't a scum tell from me. And if not a scum tell, then it'd be a null/town tell.

Simple reasoning.
If you do all sorts of different things as town it would be easy to find one of them where behavior overlaps.
Of course I've done all sorts of different things as town.

760--lots of information, not much analysis, not very good reasoning behind votes, vanilla.

141--tunneled heavily on the cop, fell behind, vanilla.

763--Aggressive, pushed cases, didn't give up, slight tunneling, vanilla.

That's the most I can think of off the top of my head that are completed games where I shared the same role and acted differently. As you can see, they don't have much in common.

So, no, not easy to find what overlaps.
Also using meta as a defense is bad
Yet I've ALWAYS done it.

In 688, I was ready to defend my viewpoint by quoting things I've said in legends and lore, amongst others.

In 735 and 742, I was wishing really badly that I could show them the other, ongoing game to prove how my meta was that of the cop.

In 762, I was prepared to defend my play as the doctor if I had been forced to claim by citing my reference on other sites as the doctor.

I've always used Meta in my defense. For it is a very powerful weapon, NOT to be ignored. It can show why an opinion of mine isn't scummy, but rather, my opinion from my experience, and it can be used to prove why I am pro-town. Why not use it in defense?

I've had no problems with it,
And don't think I ever will.
because it means you are aware that you are doing something that you did as town meaning you'd be aware of that fact if you were scum.
If this is an excuse to call me scum, I'm calling BS.

I'm aware of having done something as town in the past. So, what? It's history, it's experience. I'd be aware of the fact if I were scum, sure, but I'd also be well aware of this fact as a pro-town player, you know.
If you've done the exact same thing many times as town
I haven't really done something a huge amount as town. I constantly change. My free time (or lack there of), the number of games I'm in, pretty much everything, causes my view on two different games with identical roles to be completely different.
whats to stop you from doing it as scum as well?
Not much, other than the evidence I've laid forward that points to me not being scum.
You claim that different games have different circumstances
Show me two games where the circumstances are the same, please. I'd be interested to see it. Circumstances are always different. There's no "claim" in it.
so how can you use these different circumstances as defenses for each other and only as defenses for each other?
Because they help prove I am town. Do I need any more reason to use them than that?
You make it into a one-way
I'll run over/steamroll any who are traveling on the wrong way of the street, Semi. :P
Seriously, though. Metagaming me in attack won't work, for I can cite the reason for the change. In defense, it does, due to me being able to prove why I'm playing the way I am, as a pro-town player.
and that is the majority of your defense.
There's nothing wrong with using meta as a defense. Absolutely nothing. Let people check out games for themselves to prove the meta claim. And if the story checks up, they're not lying. If it DOES check up, however, (For example, 760 clearly has GLaDOS offering a bet to Albert, who accepted--they were both town. This successful move [both thought each other pro-town shortly after that] helped win the game, and was inspiration for me.) then they're far less likely to be scum.
If metagaming you doesn't work in finding you scum
Because I can cite the change in style between games, hence, nullifying the attack as the story will check out with research.
explain how it would work for finding you town.
Because it shows why I am doing things similarly to what I did previously as town, thereby making me more likely to be town, as the story would, again, check out to prove any claim that I were to make.
You are claiming that you aren't strawmanning
Off the top of my head, I can't think of an example where I've accused another of strawmanning when they haven't accused me of the same.

The reasoning:

Because I don't believe in it.

Strawmanning is a tell that never works. It's something I'd never do, and have never done.

So, yes, I will not strawman. There'd be no point in making my opponent's attacks/defenses weaker, when I already have enough knowledge of my role (pro-town player) to defend, and have found enough to attack them.

Why strawman when you can, even more easily, just provide a good, solid case?

I don't see an example coming to mind.

It's a stupid supposed tell.
even when it is pointed out to you that you are.
I. Don't. Strawman.

Let's make that perfectly clear.

I ask others how they think that I am strawmanning.

If they provide evidence to it, I shoot it down.

If they don't, they're more likely to be scum, for making an accusation and not being able to back it up.

Strawmanning, essentially, has the wiki definition of weakening opponents' attacks/defenses and/or strengthening your own. I've done none of those things. And if someone disagrees and points the supposed strawman out, then I can defend against said accusations with proof of why it is not the case.
You aren't giving an explanation as to why it isn't strawmanning,
Let's see...

-I haven't strawmanned in the past, nor accused others of it, nor believe in it.
-Strawmanning involves making an argument stronger/weaker. If people can't show me HOW I am doing this, then I can't explain why it isn't strawmannning except for the first option.

I can't defend against an imaginary attack.
Saying I'm strawmanning without showing why qualifies.

Also, just a question--

Wouldn't, in theory, saying that I am strawmanning my argument yet failing to show why...be a strawman itself, for basically shooting down my argument with little/no reasoning?
you're just saying that it isn't, which is ignoring the original argument further.
I'm addressing the points. And answering them. And asking questions of my own. And scum hunting. If people fail to give the reasoning, then I can't address the points, for the points just don't exist.
How is a refusal to bet scummy?
SEVERAL reasons.

1: Scum are cautious more often than not. Caution-->Scum tell. You should know this is my belief. Look at 742 (Jeff, goon, had the chance to hammer, but didn't.), or 763 (A GAME YOU WERE IN, where Tubby, M. Roleblocker, had the chance to hammer, but didn't) for evidence of this.

Not taking a bet is a form of this.

They're showing caution.

Refusing to take a true risk.

They'd KNOW they'd lose the bet.

So they wouldn't take it.

By not taking the bet, they're effectively saying that they're not even 90% sure that I'm scum. They're showing doubt.
Caution.

A scum tell.

Where as, a town player will be reckless more often than not, in my experience. I've never seen reckless scum. I've seen plenty of reckless town, however, and it's due to this that I came to the belief of Recklessness being a Town tell.

Taking a bet is gambling.

It's taking a gambit in the hopes of succeeding.

It's reckless.

And it's a town tell.
ownies don't KNOW the alignment of anyone other than themselves
But still are going to be more reckless.
so for them this bet can never be a sure thing.
Caution-->Scum tell. I should make a wiki article on that, or something. Giving proof as to why Caution is a scum's friend, Recklessness is a town's friend (up to a point).
It doesn't say as much about their alignment as it says what kind of gambler they are.
Oh, I disagree. It reveals rather some bit. Like who is a cautious player, who is more likely to be scum.
If replacing out is a scum tell to you, well... you replaced in for someone else. You can use that as a scum tell on yourself.
I've never applied it to myself.

I've always used it on others, though.

I did it in 735--Andrigan and Kieraen, I made the accusation that replacing out is a scum tell. Dourgrim also shared said belief. Guess what? I was right--both And and Kier were scum. Oh, and I replaced in as the cop. Didn't even think about it.

I did it in 742 with Kublai Khan. I was right then. Was I even remembering that I, myself, was a replacement? Do you think a scatterbrained guy like me who can only remember what games he's in via his Firefox Tabs will honestly remember this kind of thing?

I did it in 762. I used it mainly against Henrz, but Papa and Mitey were both replacements that game. I was as well, but hadn't even taken it into consideration.

I did it in 763. Chief/Sister/Tubby. I wasn't a replacement there, sure, but I did make the accusation. I should've made it against BM as well--both replacements in said game were scum.

You get the idea.

Yes, replacing is a scum tell, to me, but it doesn't apply to me.
If you know that you aren't scum and are going to treat yourself as vanilla otherwise
Well, what do you want me to treat myself as? A mason-vig-bodyguard-roleblocker-tracker-watcher-recruiter-double-voter?

Really...the only thing I can treat myself as until I know what the brown box does is vanilla. Because I don't know what it does, yet.
then why do you care so much what is in your box?
Because I want to know so badly, and I am definitely not the patient guy who wants to wait until the game is over to see it. Really. I don't know what I am. I could be any role that isn't scum. The lack of knowledge is frustrating. I can't claim anything other than my box because I don't know. It's a vanilla townie role, for all intensive purposes, until I have a chance to use my power. I also want to use my power to see what use I am to the rest of the town--if I'm a mason-recruiter or a vig or a bodyguard, or a... etc., then I definitely want to find out if that's the case. There's also the frustration of not being able to convince people, having an unlynched-as-town record so close to being broken...

Yea. Many, many, many things.
That doesn't sound like you're treating yourself as vanilla.
Face it:

I'm not a normal guy.

I treat roles unusually.
Your defenses aren't worth refuting, because the defense you make is either not relevant to absolving yourself from the accusation made toward you, or is simply a "nuh-uh" or "no you" response without any explanation as to why the case against you is wrong.
...Did...I...seriously...just...hear...what...I...think...I...heard...?!?

"Your defenses aren't worth addressing because your defense is invalid."

That seems like the EXACT same kind of TYPE of strawman that Semi is accusing ME of doing.

I'm calling blatant hypocrisy on that. He's saying that I'm supposedly strawmanning, by saying that the accusations against me are basically weaker than they are/invalid, yet can anyone explain to me how saying that my defenses are invalid is any different than that?
Ace wrote:452 gets a huge QFT from me.
Add buddying to the list of charges against Ace.

He should know better, from my views in 742.

I'll go check earlier on to see how much he's been agreeing with Semi, but it's DEFINITELY worth keeping an eye on, to say the least.
Mastin is playing very scummily.
Build your own darn case, and let me shoot it down with my defense.

I can't defend against an argument never stated.
Bets have no place in mafia
Oh, really?

They
-Reinforce my Caution/Recklessness tell,
-Help get a read on players,
-Have been used AT LEAST TWICE to help determine alignment,
-And to my knowledge, not ONCE have scum stuck through with a bet.

Now, let's give evidence, shall we?
GLaDOS made a bet, in order to preserve her unlynched-as-town record. Sound familiar?
It should; it inspired me.

Sly Sly accepted a bet Zach made, but Zach backed out. Sly was pro-town, Zach was anti-town. The town person stuck with it, the scum person backed down.

More evidence to show why bets are important.
Furthermore, mastin, you have not been refuting the arguments with ease.
Even a good defense can be torn apart if done right.
If you were, people would not keep coming back with counter-arguments.
Any good player can come up with a counter-argument to counter any argument. A defense can be solid, darn solid, and still counter-attacked.

This is a fraction of the intended post.

The full post will cover pages 19, 20, 21, 22, and then go into a PBPA on Ace and Semi, their reactions towards each other, and previous game experience of both players. (Not sure who I'd think to be the third member, at this moment.)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by lobstermania »

I'll give the town a day or so to respond to Mastin's 542 post. And then I'll hammer.
I am confused/frustrated by Mastin's cyclic reasoning why he's not scum. I get it. We can't meta you to prove you're scum. And because of that you have to be town. There is no solid evidence or fact in there, anywhere. Stop using other games as evidence. Show us based off your actions in this game. I am, again, unconvinced.
The bet. Whether or not someone takes the bet doesn't automatically align them town or scum. I only took it because of the loophole that I still win when I flip town. As I've said before, I could care less about the stakes.
For being at L-1 you are spending a lot of time focusing on yourself and very little building cases and sharing what info you think could help the town. I thought your previous post was going to be building a case on AceMarksman, but you spent most of it repeating refutes from previous posts.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:08 am

First, Mastin's at L-1? I think you should recount, but I could be wrong.

Second: Is there even a case on Mastin? All I'm asking for is, in one post, a nice, existing, and Mastin=scum focuesed case. Carry on.
Show
6-4-1
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 am

AAH!!! He did the horrible IIoA fat post thing again. WHY!!
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 am

Ebwop: You're right on the vote count Lobster.

Also, Mastin: Isolate your case against Ace. Thank you.
Show
6-4-1
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:13 am

Yes.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Darox »

It's not so much that Mastin's post is IIoA, it's that it is worthless information.

Self-Meta is never a good excuse for actions.

Saying "I always do XXX" or "I never do YYY" is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't prove anything about you because the one in control of these trends is yourself.

Providing a valid reason within the context of the game and it's mechanics is about a thousand fold more convincing.

So far all you've done is said "I'm always town because I'm always town", and my personal favourite "I haven't changed my style at all except for all those times I changed my style, and also you can't call me out on changing because it was for TOTALLY GOOD REASONS KK?"
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Empking »

Darox wrote:It's not so much that Mastin's post is IIoA, it's that it is worthless information.

Self-Meta is never a good excuse for actions.

Saying "I always do XXX" or "I never do YYY" is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't prove anything about you because the one in control of these trends is yourself.
Why do you think that?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”