Post by Kast »

Mod edit
Visible Votecount

-Empking (3): Gorrad, Kast, sirdanilot
-Kast (1): Empking
-AceMarksman (1): Riceballtail
-killa seven (1): ortolan

Not voting (4): killa seven, ZEEnon, caf19, AceMarksman

With 10 alive it takes 6 real votes to lynch.

@Ort-
Kast RE: Empking in the other game wrote:@Empking-
You are also posting very sparsely and you are only posting when directly addressed. Please share more thoughts with us.
Kast RE: Empking in a much longer post wrote:Of your the 15 posts that you made at the time you proclaimed that I was stifling discussion, 9 of them were responses to me, 4 were responses to PhilyEc, 1 was a response to Zwet, and one was your confirmation post.

You did not have a single thought to add to the entire game that was not an reply to someone.
Kast Summary on Empking wrote:
Empking

Very scummy playstyle. Quick to take things out of context, very poor logic. Low interest in finding scum, seems much more concerned with deflecting attention/suspicion. Also is inconsistent with his stated beliefs.

Playstyle discourages discussion as he tends to attack those who address him and claims it is scummy to reply to a post that does not address you before the addressee replies.

Uses craplogic to claim that doing so prevents the addressee from speaking.
Uses craplogic to argue that Kast is stifling discussion.
Uses craplogic to argue that Kast is strawmanning.

Seems too obvious to be scum (too scummy to be scum?). Also, Zwet claimed that this is standard Empking MO even as a townie. I would hate to give a pass to this, but I also don't want to ignore the metagame data.

Right now you are at the top of my list for lack of information. I would be happy with lynching you.
-Address points in my post 256. Listing them would make this far longer than necessary.
-Can you link to previous games where you demonstrated similar disregard for logic or consistency (or where other players accused you of that behavior)?
Post with analysis of game when Empking was a townie wrote:@Empking-
You have two votes in the count and an additional 2 players who have expressed willingness to vote for you but are waiting to allow replacements to join, read, and catch up.

Looked through some of your past games and I only found one finished game where you were a townie (there's probably more but I didn't have much time and the first 6 I saw you were scum, it would be great if you can link to something). You demonstrate similarly terse posting style, use of false dilemmas, and quoting out of context/misrepresenting other players posts.

One big difference I see between that game and this one is that you actively searched for and attacked what you thought were mistakes and scum tells. You do not exhibit the same reactive posting style that you have demonstrated here.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Kast »

Funny how similar Empking's behavior is now to what it was in that other game.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:54 am

Post by sirdanilot »

ort I still like to see why emp is town in this game
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Kast »

@Ace, Caf, ZEEnon, K7-
Thoughts and votes?

@Mod-
Can we have another prod on K7, he appears to have disappeared again and doesn't appear at all interested in posting unless you prod him.
Show

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:35 am

Post by sirdanilot »

NO DON'T PROD HIM

Just 'forget' to prod him, then when it's time, immediately replace him out. Make sure you already have a standby replacement to avoid him popping up again.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

...silence in a large theme game?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:43 am

Post by Empking »

Ort: H0ow scummy do you consider K7 compared to your second suspect?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:15 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Kast wrote:@Ace, Caf, ZEEnon, K7-
Thoughts and votes?
Seconding this, since they seem to be missing.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:34 am

Post by killa seven »

sirdanilot wrote:
NO DON'T PROD HIM

Just 'forget' to prod him, then when it's time, immediately replace him out. Make sure you already have a standby replacement to avoid him popping up again.
Thats just rude.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:33 am

Post by caf19 »

caf19 wrote:@ k7: What do you think of Empking?
Please answer!
-

Anyway, apologies for lack of posts... the game appears to have reached something of an impasse. It feels suboptimal to throw a vote on just for the sake of speeding things up, but I may do that soon.

Oh, by the way - @ Zee, have you always had a -1 vote? If not, any reason for suddenly getting it?
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:58 am

Post by sirdanilot »

@k7 - You are not funny. You are not helping. You know what you are? You are a big
troll
. You are purposefully trying to ruin this game by posting just enough to avoid prods, and showing that you do have the time to post and play, but by purposefully not actually playing and only showing minimal behaviour to stay in the game.

To me, you are hardly any better than Gimbo or the like. Stop purposefully ruining games. You have the time to post? Then post. You don't have the time? Get the hell out.

There is no pride in being a spammer or a troll. It just makes you look very, very sad. Stop wasting everyone's time.

mod
: Although not in your rules, I am sure that you do have the liberty to kick out spammers, flamers and trolls. I think that k7's behaviour falls undert he category of trolling/intentionally ruining games.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:01 am

Post by ortolan »

caf19 (1784) wrote:Anyway, apologies for lack of posts... the game appears to have reached something of an impasse. It feels suboptimal to throw a vote on just for the sake of speeding things up, but I may do that soon.
strikes me as scummy

also agree wholeheartedly with sirdanilot. Trolling/being anti-town whatever you want to call it that behaviour displeases me. I want lynch or replacement.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by killa seven »

sirdanilot wrote:@k7 - You are not funny. You are not helping. You know what you are? You are a big
troll
. You are purposefully trying to ruin this game by posting just enough to avoid prods, and showing that you do have the time to post and play, but by purposefully not actually playing and only showing minimal behaviour to stay in the game.

To me, you are hardly any better than Gimbo or the like. Stop purposefully ruining games. You have the time to post? Then post. You don't have the time? Get the hell out.

There is no pride in being a spammer or a troll. It just makes you look very, very sad. Stop wasting everyone's time.

mod
: Although not in your rules, I am sure that you do have the liberty to kick out spammers, flamers and trolls. I think that k7's behaviour falls undert he category of trolling/intentionally ruining games.
How the hell am i being a troll? you asked the mod to not prod me which is part of the rules, what am i suppose to say? im not "spamming" or trolling.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

You can hate K7's playstyle as much as you want, he is playing the game (in his way). He is doing nothing against the rules, but I said to him he is risking replacement if he doesn't post more regularly. I can't replace someone who is playing the game unless he wants to be replaced. Killa seven, do you want to be replaced? (pm or post)

The closest thing K7 does to breaking the rules is letting others have fun. I don't agree however that he is totally 'ruining' the game, at least not modkill-worthy. So he doesn't deserve a modkill, and he also doesn't deserve replacement because he is posting.

Anyone who has problems with killa seven, please tell me via pm.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Deadline in three days! Post people.

AceMarksman and Zeenon have been prodded.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Three days to deadline and Emp at L-1. Can we get a lynch here please?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:58 am

Post by sirdanilot »

killa seven wrote:How the hell am i being a troll? you asked the mod to not prod me which is part of the rules, what am i suppose to say? im not "spamming" or trolling.
Who cares if I asked the mod not to prod you? I did that
because
you are trolling.

It's not so much you are spamming, it's that you are ruining the fun of others by intentionally not participating.

Want to prove you are not a sad troll who spends most of his life in front of the computer? Then answer these questions.

1. Who do you think is scum?
2. Why are you not voting Empking?
4. Why are you not voting anyone, in fact? Do you not suspect anyone?
5. What is your alignment? What is your win condition?

There's probably a whole lot more, but at least this is going to be some sort of a start.

If you refuse to answer this, then congratulations, you will have earned the award of being the saddest person on the internet. Or alternatively just replace out and at least get us a deadline extension.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Kast »

@Mod-

If not replacement, can we get regular prods on K7 so he participates?

If he is a townie who is intentionally not participating except to post comments like "How rude" often enough that he does not get replaced, then he is clearly NOT playing to achieve his win condition. I agree that a modkill in that situation would not be fair, but I think replacement is pretty fair. I don't know if playing with no intention of achieving your win condition breaks any rules directly, but it certainly seems like it should.

But if you're willing to prod him as often as we request, then I don't really have a problem.

@All-
Sorry for the absence, been busy at work.

@K7-
Answer the questions.

@Deadline-
I don't mind lynching Empking at deadline. I agree with Ort that caf shouldn't jump on the Empking wagon unless he actually suspects Empking. When it hits deadline, Empking will have a plurality of real votes and will be lynched.
Show

ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

I've always had the -1 vote.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Kast »

@ZEEnon-
-Do you have any thoughts about players who rarely post and when they do they post off topic or game irrelevant?
--What do you think about lynching Empking?
--What do you think about lynching K7 or yourself?

-Do you have any suspects?

-You previously stated that you believe Gorrad and Ortolan are town. What leads you to this belief?

-You claimed to have -1 vote and now claim to have had this the entire game. Do you know why you have -1 vote and is it something you are willing/able to share with us?
--You mentioned that voting your suspects would prolong the day, but that implies that you have suspects who are also vote leaders. Was that an implicit claim that you are suspicious of Empking?
Show

caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by caf19 »

Kast wrote:I agree with Ort that caf shouldn't jump on the Empking wagon unless he actually suspects Empking. When it hits deadline, Empking will have a plurality of real votes and will be lynched.
Perhaps I was unclear. When I mentioned not throwing a vote on, I was actually talking about a vote for killa or Zee - I don't want to vote for Emp.

I will throw a vote down now because it's closer to deadline than I realised...

Vote ZEEnon

didn't want it to come to this but it has. Today it's been really hard to analyse the game, and that's been due in part to the unwillingness of players like Zee and killa to contribute. While killa seems to be doing it out of stubbornness to defend his playstyle, Zee's motivations appear more scummy to me as he has more of a tendency to 'hide'. Even in the later stages of today he's just 'cruising', posting the occasional minimal offering. Waiting for a townie to get mislynched?

Also, while Zeenon's actions support his claim of having a -1 vote, it should be noted that Surye voted for Shinnen (it was his only vote). Trying to protect a scum buddy?
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Vote: ZEEnon

Canceling out your misled vote.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

@ZEEnon-
-Do you have any thoughts about players who rarely post and when they do they post off topic or game irrelevant?
They aren't necessarily scummy, but they aren't helping us.
I'm one to talk though, i'm not really trying in this game.
I don't really have the motivation to be honest, I don't know why.
I like your questions though, as they prompt me to answer.

--What do you think about lynching Empking?
--What do you think about lynching K7 or yourself?
Can you give me an overview of these players?
I keep saying I will go back and read, but I know myself. I know I won't.
I do know one thing though, and it is that lynching me would be a waste.

-Do you have any suspects?
Besides caf19's opportunistic vote, nothing really stands out to me.
I mean, you can go look at my meta. In most of the games I
replace
into i'm pretty lazy.

-You previously stated that you believe Gorrad and Ortolan are town. What leads you to this belief?
As I said, I believe Gorrad's claim.
Which would make it perfectly logical to assume that Ortolan is town.

-You claimed to have -1 vote and now claim to have had this the entire game. Do you know why you have -1 vote and is it something you are willing/able to share with us?
It's due to my role.

--You mentioned that voting your suspects would prolong the day, but that implies that you have suspects who are also vote leaders. Was that an implicit claim that you are suspicious of Empking?
That was a breadcrumb of my -1 vote.
I was suspicious of ThAdmiral, but was unable to vote him or else I would have prolonged the lynch.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

I have no flavour to do with my vote worth. My vote worth is just included in my starting conditions.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by ortolan »

Unvote
Vote: zEEnon
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”