Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Droideka_11 »

Henrz you sexy chicken, I didn't know you were in this Mafia :D

Vote: Starbuck
[color=darkgreen][b]Morpheus:[/b][/color][color=green] "Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?[/color]
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Droideka_11 »

What is your opinions on the random voting stage?
Well it seems like the norm here, though your aproach of asking questions is good for generating discussion as well.
Why did you pick this game in particular?
I didn't. Signed up for the next open mini-themed mafia. I like the concept of this mafia though.
Who do you expect to be the first person to be lynched this game, and why?
I don't know. Hopefully not me. Was lynched on the first day in the last mafia (as Town).
Who do you want to be lynched first this game, and why?
Nobody in particular yet.
[color=darkgreen][b]Morpheus:[/b][/color][color=green] "Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?[/color]
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Droideka_11 »

Well, I didn't notice those question either until you mentioned it was for everyone later on. Maybe you should have bolded it.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by Droideka_11 »

Thestatusquo wrote:Please read the post right above yours.

My attack was nothing more than curious probing until he termed it "Hostile" of me to do so. Justification as to why that constitutes a vote on page one above.
I'm assuming you are DOESnotWANT?
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:05 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Getting a little inactive...
Claramata wrote: 3. I don't know, I'm hoping it won't be me, as I tend to be an early lynch when playing town.
I can see what you mean by it sounding fishy. Though I don't think there is much to there that would indicate scum. I made a similar statement a while back. I was merely being honest. I tend to be more aggresive when playing Town and get lynched because of it.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Droideka_11 »

Spinach wrote:
Droideka_11 wrote:Getting a little inactive...
Claramata wrote: 3. I don't know, I'm hoping it won't be me, as I tend to be an early lynch when playing town.
I can see what you mean by it sounding fishy. Though I don't think there is much to there that would indicate scum. I made a similar statement a while back. I was merely being honest. I tend to be more aggresive when playing Town and get lynched because of it.
Yes, I knew that it wasn't much of anything, but it was also something to spark her to talk and respond, and hopefully get some more conversation going on.

Claramata's neighbors could head next door and prod her, which at this point is the only thing we can do with our messages. :S (Well, all that I see)
Meh, maybe we can make some sort of plan to catch scum without actually posting it in the thread :D
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Locke Lamora wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Droideka
for not playing aggressively as he claims he tends to when town.
I'm kind of trying to change that. When I start playing aggressively its because I think someone is acting scummy. Like in 791, where I thought somebody was acting scummy and I got lynched, he was town in the end so I'm thinking that's probably not the best way to play anymore :P
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Droideka_11 »

Henrz wrote:Ye Droid does suck when trying to find loopholes *Cough*Genghis Kahn*Cough* and also dies a lot when he plays aggressively. But he is changing (slightly).
Wasn't a loop hole. I knew you were scum the whole game because of that plan.
Henrz wrote:And the response to the Random vote... Doesn't really help...
Unvote Vote: Henrz
. Discuss.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Starbuck wrote:I don't like your reasoning at all for voting for yourself.

Vote: Henrz
I think Henrz explanation for voting for himself was satisfactory. This looks like a blatant bandwagon to me.

FoS: Starbuck
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Droideka_11 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Spinach wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Henrz wrote:Stop using other accounts... Firstly, I never said I don't like the RVS we just needed to get out of it, and secondly what does the RVS got to do with voting myself?
The other account was an accident. As for the RV, Absolutely nothing, which is why it is scummy. We didn't need to get out of the RVS so badly that you needed to act like scum.
You've made that 'accident' too many times now.

And I'd like to know how self-voting is scummy besides 'it isn't scumhunting'.
And by that point we were out of the RVS. The game was stalling and nothing was happening.
I'd say we exited the RVS when the first non-random vote came (post 35). Hernz self-voted on post 75, well after the RVS ended and while the game was stalling.
If you want to defend self voting as a valid tactic, that's fine. I don't. I think it's anti town. Not necessarily so much scummy, but definately anti town. There's better things we could be doing that will bring better results.
Well, I didn't see you doing anything when the game was stalling Monkey.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Voting is a tool to find scum. If you vote for yourself, you are either misleading the town or saying there's a good chance you're scum. The town should pursue cases against those that are voted on, be it self votes or otherwise. It seems obvious to me.
Yes because scum often vote for themselves...

I don't see how Henrz was acting scummy when he voted for himself. Attracting uneeded attention to yourself in order to get the game moving is hardly scummy IMO.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Droideka_11 wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Voting is a tool to find scum. If you vote for yourself, you are either misleading the town or saying there's a good chance you're scum. The town should pursue cases against those that are voted on, be it self votes or otherwise. It seems obvious to me.
Yes because scum often vote for themselves...

I don't see how Henrz was acting scummy when he voted for himself. Attracting uneeded attention to yourself in order to get the game moving is hardly scummy IMO.
WIFOM much? If self voting was pro town, everyone would do it all the time.
I love it when people just chalk everything up to WIFOM.

Generaly scum try not to attract uneeded attention to themselves, don't you agree? There was no need for Henrz to do what he did as scum.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Locke Lamora wrote:Droideka: do you think Starbuck is scummier than Monkey?
Well we've beeen focusing a lot on Monkey and less on Starbuck, I find Starbuck to be more scummy than Monkey. Monkey has been giving some reasons for why he voted for Henrz (albeat flawed IMO) whilst Starbuck hasn't posted much since and the reasons for voting Henrz were very poor.

Here's her post:
Starbuck wrote:I don't like your reasoning at all for voting for yourself.

Vote: Henrz
She does a blatant bandwagon, completely ignores whatever Henrz just said and puts Henrz at L-2. That I think is scummy.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Starbuck wrote:You should read farther on Droid. I elaborate.
You elaborate very little. They're all either one or two liners, they hardly contain any solid reasons. Lets look at all your posts since then:
Starbuck wrote:I don't think that self-voting should be used EVER. That's why I voted Henrz.
Again you completely ignore whatever Henrz said and simply say you're voting for him because it shouldn't be used "EVER".
Starbuck wrote:The goal of this game is not to vote for yourself. It's to decipher and solve and find out who the scummiest people are.

Voting for yourself is anti-town. It's a stance I will always take because it is against the spirit of the game.
You're taking a stance on something and you're not looking at it within the context of the game.
Starbuck wrote:I agree with this. There's an easy fix. Just don't look at this thread when you are on that account. You said it's your mod account right? I don't really feel comfortable with the fact that you could easily come in and edit your post whenever you feel like it with that account.
This is your next post in which you only post about Monkey's second account. Actively lurking IMO.
Starbuck wrote:There are better ways to stimulate conversation other than self-voting. Henrz only joined just a few days before I did, so I would say he should have been around long enough now to know better.
I disagree, there was nothing going on at the time and the game was stalling. Clearly there were no "better ways to stimulate conversation".

In summary, the reason I think you're scummy is because you completely ignore the
reasons
why Henrz voted for himself. Instead you generalize the situation and excuse your vote by saying "self-voting shouldn't be used ever", much like Monkey did.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Starbuck wrote:I didn't ignore him at all.

There ARE much better ways to stimulate conversation.

The fact that someone would place a vote on themselves is completely against the way Mafia is played. If you want to think me suspicious for this, fine. I really don't care.

The fact that you have nothing else on me other than the fact that I think self-voting is wrong is pretty scummy on your part.
Yet again you're generalizing what Henrz did. Yes, he voted for himself,
but
he had actual reasons for doing so, which proved beneficial to the town. You're not looking at how it's benefited the town and instead you are voting for him solely on the grounds that "self-voting is always scummy", whcih is not always the case.

I mean look at whats happened since Henrz self-voted, we have a lot of discussion going on and we're actually duscussing something. Surely this in itself is proof that Self-Voting is not
always
as scummy as you are so intent on believing.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Tarballs wrote:
Starbuck wrote:What has it done to the game other than having us all fight about whether self-voting is wrong?
So you think that debating about whether or not self-voting is wrong is bad? I think it's exactly the opposite - it got the discussion going and we got out of the RVS for good. And most importantly, everyone reacted to Hernz's selfvote in different ways, which is also very informative. Take this, for example:
Droideka_11 wrote:
Henrz wrote:And the response to the Random vote... Doesn't really help...
Unvote Vote: Henrz
. Discuss.
I don't think that's a particularly great reaction, because it looks like Droideka wanted to wait for everyone else to comment on that first, before saying anything himself. He doesn't comment the selfvote at all, until Hernz explains why he did it. Then we get this:
Droideka_11 wrote:I think Henrz explanation for voting for himself was satisfactory. This looks like a blatant bandwagon to me.
So, why didn't you comment on the selfvote before Hernz explained it? If you were just waiting for an explanation, why was that?
I didn't know what to make of it at the time. Actualy at first I thought Henrz was being stupid. I'd never seen anyone self-vote out of nowhere. However, later on I see that it actualy was a pretty good way to kickstart the game.

Anyways, I think Starbuck was acting scummy when she voted for Henrz. She completely ignored what came out of it and excused hereself by saying it was a policy vote (i.e. Self-voting is always bad).
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Starbuck wrote:Wow Droid, quite the tunnel vision you have there.
I'm just stating what I think. I believe Starbuck is our best lead at the moment. Thoughts on this Town?
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Oh FFS, notice how I said "thoughts on this Town"? I didn't mean for everyone to vote for her.

By the way, nice speed lynch there Monkey.
Starbuck wrote:It's unfortunate that you all let my personal preference of not liking self-voting be the main reason behind my lynch, rather than finding anything actually scummy. I have been working on a notepad document that I was going to post now that I got home from work. Now all that hard work has gone to waste and it's not worth posting because it's obvious that you all just didn't care. I would have hoped that a claim would have been waited for from such
experienced
mafia players or that the replacement would be given time to catch up. I will be sure not to place into games with any of you again.
Dont take it like that Starbuck. A speed lynch (which is what happened here) is something that happens. I don't think you can blame us for being suspicious. Or the Mafia for speed lynching you.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Droideka_11 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Yeah, even though I agree with Starbuck on self-voting, it's true that she's not scumhunting. I'm still suspicious of Hertz though.

Unvote:
Vote: Starbuck
You had a shabby reason for voting for Starbuck. You two both agreed that self-voting is a bad thing and then you suddenly turn on her when she's at L-1
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I don't get it...
I think you do.
Droideka_11
Droideka_11
Goon
Droideka_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Droideka_11 »

Damn, good luck town.

Sign me up for a replacement if you ever need one.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”