Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Count

ChannelDelibird (3) CancerBottle, Kichirou, bgg1996

CancerBottle (2) ChannelDelibird, crazypianist
Kichirou (1) Kard8p3
Kard8p3 (1) dothefandango
crazypianist1116 (1) FoShizzle

Not voting (1) FatedLunar

With 9 alive, 5 to lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by dothefandango »

Tempted to change my vote for the purpose of speeding this up, or even to make it more interesting.

In fact, lets!

VOTE CancerBottle
oh yup
FoShizzle
FoShizzle
Goon
FoShizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by FoShizzle »

My internet died this weekend. It was like the worst weekend of my life. I will post more tonight.
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

I am going to
unvote

I am not going to vote right now.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

dothefandango wrote:Tempted to change my vote for the purpose of speeding this up, or even to make it more interesting.

In fact, lets!

VOTE CancerBottle
Way to be foolish. Give a reason ALWAYS!

FoS: dothefandango
dothefandango
dothefandango
Goon
dothefandango
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by dothefandango »

crazypianist1116 wrote:Way to be foolish. Give a reason ALWAYS!
I gave my reason. I don't want this to be a bandwagon vote. Why not let the person decide between two equally guilty (in our eyes at this point) dudes instead of kicking one off just because he has more votes? Stir up the pot. Seems like it's working ;).
oh yup
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

crazypianist1116 wrote:
CancerBottle: If you're so concerned about ChannelDelibird being at L-2, then revoke your vote. The other 2 will surely fall as they had no reasons. You should give a reason for keeping your vote. Originally it was (pretty much) random. Additionally, I don't feel like CDB's posts have put any suspicion on Kard. CDB isn't attacking Kard, he's defending himself against Kard's FoS. Since someone accused me for not voting originally, I'll cast a vote now. Vote: CancerBottle
Yay activity!

I kept my vote on him because one, I OMGUSed him. And later on, I jumped on his suspicions on Kard. Basically, I think he's rather scummy.

However, seeing as Kich and Bgg jumped on the wagon too, and my confidence that CBD is scum is evaporating. I wondered who else might join, hence I kept my vote.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

Ugh.

Alright well, since I think I've milked the CBD lynch dry, I'd like to hear more from Bgg1996 and Kichirou.

Unvote: CBD

Vote: Bgg1996
because he was the third player to join the CBD lynch. And he has not explained why he thought CBD was suspicious.

Question: is our deadline for Day 1 the July 16 date? Or is that the deadline for the game?
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
FoShizzle
FoShizzle
Goon
FoShizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by FoShizzle »

So... ChannelDelibird did indeed post the same thing in those three games. Sorry dude, just calling your bluff in case you were pulling things out of your ass. :P

Meta has been useful for me in the past when a player has been acting weird or suspicious, and I’m able to look back over their previous games and see if it’s just part of their normal playstyle or not. Metagaming has led me in the right direction a couple times before, and I usually rely on this strategy as town. Obviously, I can’t rely on it this game, and I’m not going to talk about it anymore.
ChannelDelibird wrote:crazypianist, FatedLunar, dothefandango and FoShizzle: what do you think of the fact that I currently have three votes?

I don't think much about Cancer and Kirichou's vote... I'm under the impression they were random. it's weird that bgg1996 did plant a third vote on you. It makes me wonder if he knew you were at two votes before he voted you. I also want to know why he thought you were "suspicious". It does give the impression that he's kind of blindly following the crowd... We have to wait for him to expand, I guess. I'm not worried about you getting speedlynched or anything.
crazypianist1116 wrote:FoShizzle: That's not much of a random vote since you have a reason. I prefer to observe first and then give my observations.
That’s why I put quotation marks around the random part, it wasn’t random, although I was trying to note it was an early vote that wasn’t meant to be taken completely seriously. It’s mostly a gut thing. As newb mafia I was afraid to random vote at the beginning of the game, even when someone else did. And I said the same thing about “observing first” before voting that you are saying now. ;) My vote will stay on you until I find a better suspect.

I also don’t believe that ChannelDelibird is trying to set up Kard in anyway by defending himself, lol. That seems like kind of a stretch on CancerBottle’s part, I disagree with his post 48. I would have defended myself the same way if I was CDB, I’m not following the reasoning on how that makes him scummy. CancerBottle, if you found CDB scummy, how come your suspicion of him is suddenly “evaporating” so quickly? I’m getting slight scummy vibes on crazypianist, and I’m always suspicious of the quiet ones aka bgg1996 and Kichirou. That’s the extent to which my suspicions run right now. I’m pretty sure I just reiterated stuff everyone else was already saying, but whatever.
FoShizzle
FoShizzle
Goon
FoShizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:27 pm

Post by FoShizzle »

CancerBottle, is your vote change being influenced by the votes from pianist and fandango?

To clarify on my scummy vibes on pianist.... pianist's FOS of fandango for not giving a reason for a vote, seems.... fake. like why not just ask fandango what his reason was without FOSing? You really suspicious of him for that? I have a hard time voicing why my scumdar is going off, but it is.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

FatedLunar prodded.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:33 am

FoShizzle wrote:To clarify on my scummy vibes on pianist.... pianist's FOS of fandango for not giving a reason for a vote, seems.... fake. like why not just ask fandango what his reason was without FOSing? You really suspicious of him for that? I have a hard time voicing why my scumdar is going off, but it is.
I've always seen FoS's as a somewhat alert to "I think you may be scummy. I want you to explain why you did this." They don't have the same influence as votes. Now that DTF answered my suspicions I'd unFoS him but who really does that?
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

FoShizzle wrote: CancerBottle, if you found CDB scummy, how come your suspicion of him is suddenly “evaporating” so quickly?
My suspicion of CBD is evaporating because two other players added their votes to the wagon. I don't like the way he interpreted Kard's suspicions.

However, the fact that two players added their votes to him without explanation worries me. That's the great thing about voting, it allows you to put pressure on a player, while revealing things about other players who add their votes.

Well, Kichirou has claimed his vote was random, while Bgg1996 states he voted for CBD because he was "suspicious." Now, I started to wonder if I might have been wrong about CBD. However, I kept my vote pinned because I wanted to see if someone else would dare to put him at L-1. This might force a claim out of CBD--who am and was still leery of-- while opening up an opportunity to grill his fourth voter. I check the thread every day, so I figured if another player were to add his vote to CBD, I would retract mine and inquire to the motivations of the the fourth voter.
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

FoShizzle wrote:CancerBottle, is your vote change being influenced by the votes from pianist and fandango?
Well, their votes forced me to explain my actions. Now that I don't have the opportunity to expose any more quick lynchers, I might as well keep my suspicion of CBD public and grill his third voter: Bgg1996.

So yes, my vote chance is a direct result of their votes. :D
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Kichirou prodded.
Kichirou
Kichirou
Townie
Kichirou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Kichirou »

CancerBottle wrote:
FoShizzle wrote:CancerBottle, is your vote change being influenced by the votes from pianist and fandango?
Well, their votes forced me to explain my actions. Now that I don't have the opportunity to expose any more quick lynchers, I might as well keep my suspicion of CBD public and grill his third voter: Bgg1996.

I wish I understood that...
Isn't it the brevity of the flame that makes it beautiful?
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:56 am

Post by CancerBottle »

Kichirou wrote:
CancerBottle wrote:

I wish I understood that...
I wish you would post more... :P

But to clarify, I kept my vote on CBD because you and Bgg1996 put him at L-2. You explained your vote as random. Bgg1996 says CBD was "suspicious." I wanted to see if anyone else would try and place CBD at L-1.

However, since I've had to explain my actions, I want Bgg1996 to elaborate on why he thinks CBD was suspicious.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:35 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

It's CDB, CancerBottle, not CBD. Sorry for the pedantry.

I'm a little distressed that CB is talking enthusiastically about the possibility of someone 'forcing' me to claim, considering that there's very little, if any, evidence against me that I can see. The fact that he then moved his vote to Bgg does not sit well with me either - though I agree that it would be good to hear an elaboration from Bgg I don't like that CB is playing both sides of my wagon.

Vote stands.
#greenshirtthursdays
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 am

Unvote
as my reasons for voting CancerBottle have "evaporated".
Vote: bgg1996
for putting someone at L-2 with no real reason, calling a random vote suspicious, and not being active.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

bgg1996 prodded.
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

ChannelDelibird wrote:It's CDB, CancerBottle, not CBD. Sorry for the pedantry.
Oh. Sorry.
CDB wrote wrote: I'm a little distressed that CB is talking enthusiastically about the possibility of someone 'forcing' me to claim, considering that there's very little, if any, evidence against me that I can see. The fact that he then moved his vote to Bgg does not sit well with me either - though I agree that it would be good to hear an elaboration from Bgg I don't like that CB is playing both sides of my wagon.
I don't know if I'm "enthusiastically" pushing you to claim. I am playing this game with more fervor than I usually might, this being my first game at this site. Anyway, I thought you were scummy. But right now, you're not nearly as scummy as I initially thought you were. That's because Kich and Bgg1996 placed you at L-2. Kichirou says his vote was random. Bgg1996 stated he though you were "suspicious." He has not elaborated yet. Obviously you feel no need to claim, so I thought my vote would do more if I placed it on someone who put you at L-2 for no adequately explained reason.

I certainly am trying to play both sides of your wagon. When I vote for someone, I may very well be wrong about that player's affiliation. Therefore, I not only want to know more about the player I'm voting for, but also the players who vote with me.
CDB wrote wrote: Vote stands.
Love you too.
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

Snapshot of me having doubts about the CDB wagon:
CancerBottle wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:EBWOP: This point might be stronger if I was voting for Kard right now, but I'm not. My motivation for discussing this in the first place was a) to defend myself against a FoS and b) to defend my integrity as a player my making it clear I wouldn't intentionally play any less than my best game in past games in order to gain an advantage now...
rather than trying to put suspicion on Kard.
I just think it was a reach to suggest that. I don't think anyone here would actually accuse you of intentionally playing poorly in one game to gain a tenuous advantage in another.

Then again, because it's so absurd, that might be why my thinking is faulty.

But, I would like to hear what other players have to say on the issue.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Well I've been reading the thread and trying to notice a few things.

Kard: I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the "argument" between CDB and CB. Also, why did you unvote? Was it because Kichirou was not very active?

FoShizzle: Do you still have scummy vibes now that I've explained myself? I will agree that I jumped on DoTheFandango; I just didn't completely understand what he was doing at first.
CancerBottle wrote:Well Kichirou has claimed his vote was random, while Bgg1996 states he voted for CBD because he was
"suspicious."
Careful, he said that CDB's
vote
was suspicious.

FatedLunar: Do you still think that Kard may be scum? What do you think about the fact that CDB was at L-2?

Kichirou & bgg1996: TALK PLEASE
Kard8p3
Kard8p3
Townie
Kard8p3
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Kard8p3 »

crazypianist1116 wrote:
Kard: I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the "argument" between CDB and CB. Also, why did you unvote? Was it because Kichirou was not very active?
I'm not to sure what to think just yet; I unvoted because I had no real reason to vote to Kichi, it was just a random vote.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Xtoxm »

FatedLunar has not picked up his prod, I will start looking for a replacement.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”