magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Mastin wrote:Mm-hm. I had fun replacing in. ;)

What'd you think of me instantly locking into Phail being scum?
"Note to self: Never let Mastin replace into a game if I want the scum to win."? :P
I think he should have been lynched day 1. Phily/phail was very lucky to survive til end game.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Seraphim »

lol

I was completely and totally bored. I just decided to act however I wanted until people started voting for me and then confirm me. I should have lynched KoC the moment he kept trying to push my lynch though.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Ok. I still haven't managed to get my notes together to post, but I do have this from Trumpet that he wanted me to post after the game ended:
Trumpet wrote:Once I left, I was thinking about the game, and I realized that although madeofphail had done some really scummy stuff, caf had a lot of posts that just rubbed me the wrong way (I lost the first copy of this PM, which had several post numbers for examples; 515 is the only one I can be bothered to find now). If I had time right now, I'd take quotes from the posts. By the end of D4, I was and still am personally leaning caf as last scum.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Mastin »

...Really?

Trumpet, you had it nailed before! <_<
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I was willing to hug trumpet before, but now my faith in him has diminished
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I made a nice long final thoughts post, but then I lost it, so now I'm irritated. Here's the conclusion though:

At the beginning of the game the scum did a nice job of dominating the Day game, while the town dominated the Night game, but as the game progressed into its later stages the roles were rather soundly reversed when all of the town's Night actions were either spent or being blocked, while at the same time strong play from Trumpet, caf, and Mastin put the scum back on the defensive, and eventually eliminated them. Good play on both sides, but the importance of controlling the Day was what really got the scum in the end.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Walnut »

Congrats guys, and thanks Kairyuu for modding.
I think he should have been lynched day 1. Phily/phail was very lucky to survive til end game.
Heh, a fair bit of what got me lynched was trying to avoid getting him lynched on Day 1. Not because I thought he was innocent, but if he was scum keeping him alive and closely observing his arguments and reactions to attacks on others seemed potentially profitable. That said, I got sidetracked by RL and got a bit sloppy in my writing, so got some deserved heat and was lynched. I had Isacc right though, and was surprised first that people supported him, then way more surprised by the weird claim Day 2. Any explanation on that?
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Kairyuu wrote:Ok. I still haven't managed to get my notes together to post, but I do have this from Trumpet that he wanted me to post after the game ended:
Trumpet wrote:Once I left, I was thinking about the game, and I realized that although madeofphail had done some really scummy stuff, caf had a lot of posts that just rubbed me the wrong way (I lost the first copy of this PM, which had several post numbers for examples; 515 is the only one I can be bothered to find now). If I had time right now, I'd take quotes from the posts. By the end of D4, I was and still am personally leaning caf as last scum.
Kairyuu wrote:
caf19
, vanilla townie, survived

ChannelDelibird
madofphail
PhilyEc
, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched D5
Mastin wrote:...Really?

Trumpet, you had it nailed before! <_<
magnus_orion wrote:I was willing to hug trumpet before, but now my faith in him has diminished
And that, gentlemen, is what happens when I go for
three
now five weeks with no sounding board other than the inside of my own head and virtually no web access to make sure that my ideas make sense. Note to self for future reference: verbosity from caf19 != scumtell.

(Incidentally, since it seems there might have been a bit of confusion: My current V/LA is because I'm at a summer camp in Colorado. Not right at this moment, obv, but that's why I can't get on except as noted in the V/LA thread. For the two or three weeks before I left, I was online a
lot
.)
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:31 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”