Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Mastin »

I didn't even think about scum fakeclaiming having heard it, to be quite frank. Don't see any motivation to do so.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by dramonic »

Theorically speaking, if everyone with Occult do a mass research tonight on the people who heard noise, the cult kill will be blocked. Additionally, if the research turn up "yes", the researchers will have found murderers too :3

Of course, we'll end up with lotsa insane people, but I think it's a fair trade-off.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Percy »

zwetschenwasser replaces Santos.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Magua »

Mastin wrote:I didn't even think about scum fakeclaiming having heard it, to be quite frank. Don't see any motivation to do so.
Really? Because it was mentioned at least twice already. Let me go look it up.

Nyx, in post 54
nhammen mentions Nyx's mention, in post 96
Magua (that's me), in post 103

Now, considering that you started off with faking insanities, I have to say I don't find it believable that the idea of faking hearing noise hadn't crossed your mind. The idea that you claim hearing noise halfway clears you (as you do in post 122) and then turn around and say you see motivation to claim hearing noise (from the quote of you up above) indicates to me that you're just blatantly lying now.

Also, in regards to this quote of yours from post 122:
Mastin wrote:That the scum are bandwagoning me. I'm already half-way to a lynch in less than 24 hours. No bandwagon builds that fast without scum support. Hence, we're going to be looking at those on the wagon.
You are asserting that voting for someone who has claimed both scum and soon-to-be-SK is in itself scummy? Or are you asserting that town should not be lynching people who claim scum/SK?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Magua »

EBWOP: ...and say you see
no
motivation to claim hearing nosie...
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by chenhsi »

zwet and Mastin, both in the same game. I've heard a lot about your playing styles in MD, and I'm scared. *cries*

Wouldn't all scum claim noise, so that protection might go to them instead of townie? Because we have a limited number of people who can protect, you know.
dramonic wrote:Theorically speaking, if everyone with Occult do a mass research tonight on the people who heard noise, the cult kill will be blocked. Additionally, if the research turn up "yes", the researchers will have found murderers too :3

Of course, we'll end up with lotsa insane people, but I think it's a fair trade-off.
Not if the cultists actually agree on the kill target, and more than 50% choose the same target.

I agree with Mastin that scum are likely on his wagon. I also agree that Mastin acted scummy enough to be voted.
I lost the game.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

I just reread the actions.

I was sure that the ritual necessitated each of the individuals voting a person to have a fetish of said person.

*imagines 6 people surrounding a bed to steal toenails from a sleeping guy*
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

My reason for voting Mastin is because this method of posting is going to deter our forces away from the issue at hand. Mafia.
*twitchy*
itacv2
itacv2
Townie
itacv2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by itacv2 »

Can it be explained in more details what is it that is wanted out from the claims?
I think that there is nothing limiting scum from fake claims.
I will either find a way or make one.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Percy wrote:In order to slay the victim,
one
of the Cultists submitting the name of the victim must possess a
Fetish
linked to the target. A Fetish cannot be used in the Ritual the night it is crafted.
I lost the game.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by dramonic »

yes, I reread already ^_^;
I'm a hoot
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

Mastin wrote:I didn't even think about scum fakeclaiming having heard it, to be quite frank. Don't see any motivation to do so.
Faking a noise or w/e potentially puts you in the slot for "was targeted" which means you may be an investigator, since no investigator in their right mind would stalk someone yesterday.

The only people who would be making noise would be the mafia, crafting an item or w/e.

Also faking and asking for wards or resus means that they are taking that defense away from someone who needs it.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Datadanne »

No ward here.
Oh ya.
All those votes on mastin confuses me.
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by Datadanne »

Note sig.
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

ZykeZero wrote:My reason for voting Mastin is because
this method of posting is going to deter our forces away from the issue at hand
. Mafia.
Do you think he is doing this on purpose?

I don't like this phrasing here:
Mastin wrote:People bandwagoning ignore that fact, though.
First of all, it's not a fact. You haven't proven anything, you could be fake-claiming to hear noise. Later you said that you never thought about the fact that claiming to have heard noise could be beneficial for scum. Fair enough. People sometimes don't think clearly or forget things. Just like people could have forgot (not ignored) whatever you call "fact" in your above statement.

Also, faking those *twitches* doesn't sit well with me at all. They are just a distraction and I don't see any reason for how they could be beneficial for town at this moment. Like nhammen said, they could be there to draw attention away from another insanity. Like paranoia...

With that said, I don't understand all the votes piling on Mastin and I think some of them deserves a little more thorough explanation. The claim was just ridicioulus and apparently a null-tell. I didn't like his self-vote though. Which was my initial reason for voting him.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by Drench »

To further my noise claim, I didn't ward.

The bw on Mastin smells scummy. However, I feel that the people who jumped on the bandwagon 2nd or 3rd weren't as scummy as the people who called it out. I mean, it's a 25 player game. Scum are not going to quicklynch from L-13 or L-12. I doubt they even have the numbers to even do that.

Speaking of the bw, it's not sitting well with me. I saw Mastin committ a null-tell, and I saw 7 or so people jump on it like lightning. I mean, one or two is fine with reason (see above), but when 7 people jump on one person for doing something they do every single game...it looks opportunistic.

No need to fake the twitches. They've already been proven fake, so why bother? And yes, I realize that the same argument could be used the other way, but less confusion is always better. Always.

Also, with that half-cleared thing with Mastin (post 122), it's completely possible he's either murderer who got fetish'd, or cultist who got stalked, or town who got stalked/fetish'd, or another combo all together. People who claimed noise aren't cleared at all: there's 2 factions and a pseudo-faction (let's call it that) out there. Even if he got fetish'd, he could be a murderer.
join your union
ZykeZero
ZykeZero
Townie
ZykeZero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by ZykeZero »

Tuberkulos wrote:
. Mafia.
It's most certainly a possibility, I've done it before in a game on another board. I drew massive attention to myself during my invincible phase and made the village waste their attacks on me, while the mafia took out villagers. Drawing attention onto yourself is suspicious, and if you are doing it and you are a villager it's not a good idea because it creates a mafia hiding spot.

I'm voting mastin currently because if we don't do it now, mafia will hide with the "Oh mastin is suspicious" vote often. If he is a distraction now it won't do us well later.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I am seriously lost and confused.....
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:52 am

Post by chenhsi »

ZykeZero wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote:
. Mafia.
It's most certainly a possibility
It's Mastin, of course it's on purpose. He does it every game.

While I do agree that Mastin's style is unhelpful, unless you are planning on policy-lynching him every game, ignore him and get back to searching for scum, like you said.
I lost the game.
itacv2
itacv2
Townie
itacv2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am

Post by itacv2 »

No noise here.

Even when i think this is counterproductive to the game, the fact is that i havent played any of these type of games, this is my first.
I will either find a way or make one.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:02 am

Post by dramonic »

It's Mastin, you just ignore the first post and the game is normal

I don't think Mastin warrants a vote yet. He does this every game, it's not even distracting since we know it's his natural behaviour
I'm a hoot
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 am

Post by nhammen »

dramonic wrote:Theorically speaking, if everyone with Occult do a mass research tonight on the people who heard noise, the cult kill will be blocked. Additionally, if the research turn up "yes", the researchers will have found murderers too :3

This can actually prevent ALL cultist kills in this game. However insanity will build up very fast for the town. If we went with this strategy, the game would essentially become nightless, except for murderers. And insanities could be used by cultists to manipulate the vote into only hitting town.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 am

Post by nhammen »

Sorry for the double post - I accidentally hit submit instead of copying from that quote to this post (I can't wait for multiquote).

Night0 noise-claims:

Ward:
Kise
Tuberkulos

Noise and no Ward:
arelian
dramonic
Drench
Exalt
Mastin
xxFabianxx (Tuberkulos claims to have warded him)

No Noise:
12Keyblade
chenhsi
Cephrir
Datadanne
DeathNote
EriktheRed
itacv2
JamesBond
jasonT1981
Magua
nhammen
Nyx
sideney
ZykeZero

Unclaimed:
Sarag (wanted discussion before claiming)
semioldguy (just replaced in)
Santos
zwetschenwasser (just replaced in)
itacv2 wrote:Can it be explained in more details what is it that is wanted out from the claims?
I think that there is nothing limiting scum from fake claims.
There is nothing preventing fake claims. This doesn't matter very much though, because we know that the only possible kills tonight are a subset of the noise claims. We also will obtain an upper bound for the number of scum in this game. The only information scum get is information about who used wards last night, which has almost no effect on future actions. Thus, town get more information that scum.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:15 am

Post by chenhsi »

nhammen wrote:

This can actually prevent ALL cultist kills in this game. However insanity will build up very fast for the town. If we went with this strategy, the game would essentially become nightless, except for murderers. And insanities could be used by cultists to manipulate the vote into only hitting town.
No. If cultists get a majority vote on their kill target, no matter how many researchers we have, their kill still succeeds.
I lost the game.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:03 am

Post by nhammen »

chenhsi wrote:If cultists get a majority vote on their kill target, no matter how many researchers we have, their kill still succeeds.
Oh right... Then this research idea doesn't help.

But this did make me think. Once we get to half of the town having heard noise and half not, we can lock the cultists to one kill every other night, by sacrificing all investigative night actions. How will the cultists respond to this? Will they decide to all go murderer? If so, then maybe this idea isn't the best plan.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”