Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Mufasa »

populartajo wrote:
Zito and Mufasa, the unbreakabale alliance makes you think Spyrex is more town/more scum or equal?
Most deffinitely I see Spyrex as town as it seems too much of an attention grabber for scum to do.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

populartajo wrote: Okay. Yosarian in 129 disagrees with me. Very agressive vote.
Yos, do you think that this post couldnt have been made by Spyrextown?
Could be. It's somewhat more likely to be made by spyrexscum, but that wasn't the main reason I was voting for him. As I made quite clear, I was trying to pressure vote him to stop doing anti-town stuff.

Im not liking Yos very much. He is being too agressive for something that shouldnt have gotten that reaction.
?

Of course it should have gotten that reaction. It should have gotten that reaction from more people at the time as well. Town simply can not just allow something like that to happen.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Quagmire »

I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but Yos I really don't like the way you're using a vote to punish SpryeX for something stupid that he suggested.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Quagmire »

populartajo wrote:Quag thinks Mufasa is town. Interesting conclusion, waiting for the explanation.
I won't be explaining this soon... just FYI.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Quagmire wrote:I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but Yos I really don't like the way you're using a vote to punish SpryeX for something stupid that he suggested.
Not really to punish him. It was a pressure vote. I'll always do that.

Hell, I used to vote Pooky whenever he suggested his huggle alliance.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Mufasa »

yos and quagmire do you go way back haha?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 am

Post by SocioPath »

I'm happy with Porkens now that he humored my wishes.
Unvote

populartajo wrote:
Sociopath, are you always this eager?
Yes, I tend to be. I don't like your phrasing though. "eager" has negative connotations, but I tend to try and not be a passive player as much as possible.

The "its not a Tar game" is pretty obvious BS, and saying things that happen in Tar games are irrelevant here, and trying to pull the wool of ignorance over peoples' eyes. Yes, I know that Lord Gurgi is the PRIMARY designer of this game, but to act as if these games were designed in a vacuum is very naive. They were made together, they are played together. All three (Tar, Gurg, Nat) most likely had joint partisipation in others while keeping a flow they wanted in particular for their own games. The fact that FL picked up and modding it proves that it wasn't a blind shot in the dark for mods to run the game. So as long as Tar is even INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS, I'm going to consider this to be similar to Tar games.

All this Yos talk about me avoiding his questions is poorly overplayed and misconstrued.
Yosarian2 wrote:SpyreX and Sociopath: This is the question I asked Sociopath a few days ago, and I still want an answer to it.
Yosarian2 wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:The sig thing might very well be game related, but I'm not entierly clear on how that makes him more likely scum.

The fact that he would have blatantly lied about it several times.
Explain to me exactally what you are saying here. Are you speculating that there is a scum role that has to announce his kills in every single post he makes, or that otherwise gets some special power from doing something that blatent and then lying about it?

Discribe to me how a role like that might work, please. I am having a hard time imagining it, personally.

I stated a few roles that would work for that setup prior, but if that wasn't specific enough for you, I'll use based-on-real-games examples:

There have been games where there have been day SKs and day cult recruiters, that would function if they got others to say a particular word or phrase.

One on game there was a single word that an SK had, that even enough people said it, or at the end of the day, I don't remember which, but they would die. There was another role to balance that out to protect from the SK to get people to say another word to negate the SK end-of-day effect. I'm rambling a bit because this is based solely on memory.

For a cult case, similar deal, say a particular word or phase, and you're recruited.

What I was worried about is whether or not it was a similar ability, and paranoid about people quoting it would be fulfilling his potentially anti-town win condition.

As far as the whole Ben/DDD thing, I was pretty neutral for the most part, and didn't have any information to say that wouldn't just be parroting someone else.
But the time passing since my last post and last reading of that game...Ben having a 'safe claim' is veeeeeeeery odd, and by odd I mean scummy.

But what I don't like the most about Ben, is his unwillingness to participate other than getting switched out. He blatantly said he was going to be dead weight. This is anti-town to the core, but the kicker is, would be his eagerness (yes I'm using this word with purposeful negative connotations) to get into another game.

His emotions seem very two-face: He is very uncaring and indifferent about being in any way shape or form a part of the game. That is, until it comes to joining him with DDD. You would think someone who is so passionate about fulfilling his win condition (by playing the game to get to DDD) would be more passionate about playing the rest of the game to actually fulfill his win con.

He seems to be faking disinterest to seem more neutral.

DDD's posts are harder to get a read on, but he mostly seems to be doing damage control for Ben. Anything that Ben does, DDD seems to be tip-toeing around to make it more palatable for the public eye.

Since Spy wants a response to his silly alliance, I'll say this:
Vote: SpyreX

Its ridiculous to try and pull the 'its too scummy to be scum' crap with something as majorly scummy as that. Scum try to control the town, subtly usually, but been obvious about it doesn't make it anymore less controlling of the town. Scum also try to buddy, and your method is obvious buddying.

Really, its like you said to yourself, 'well what are things that scum generally do, well I'll do THAT times TEN, and therefore its too scummy to be seen as scum!'

That is, unless you were using it to gain reactions from the people you called out to join your alliance. Which at this point I highly, highly doubt. Especially with your pussyfooting about when it comes to the solidity of your alliance.

'Its UNBREAKABLE...unless someone does something to break it'
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, fair enough answer for me, sociopath.

Unvote

Vote:Flava Flave

He's semi-lruking, he's even reading and commenting on other games, but his comments on this game are quite lacking. He voted spy for a bad reason. Then he defended his vote for spy and removed it in the same post (where he unovted Spy, but at the same time, said that he "didn't like it that spy wasn't going to read the other games.) Then he tried to have it both ways about my opposition to spy's alliance (he both agreed with me and said the strength of my opposition was "a little weird" in the same sentance). And that's all he's said about this game, despite apparently having enough time to read and comment on the other games.

I don't think he's at all interested in scumhunting in this game, which probably means he's scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:06 am

Post by SpyreX »

The "its not a Tar game" is pretty obvious BS, and saying things that happen in Tar games are irrelevant here, and trying to pull the wool of ignorance over peoples' eyes. Yes, I know that Lord Gurgi is the PRIMARY designer of this game, but to act as if these games were designed in a vacuum is very naive. They were made together, they are played together. All three (Tar, Gurg, Nat) most likely had joint partisipation in others while keeping a flow they wanted in particular for their own games. The fact that FL picked up and modding it proves that it wasn't a blind shot in the dark for mods to run the game. So as long as Tar is even INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS, I'm going to consider this to be similar to Tar games.
So lets follow this:

We have three Mods: SSK, FL and Tar.
Further we have a universal backup: Gurgi.

FL's game FL said that Gurgi was the key designer of her game.
SSK game SK said that Natirasha was the hey designer of his game.
Tars game Tar said that Tar was the key designer of his game.

So, could Tar be a heavy part of all three games? Maybe... but then why would the other two specifically say who was the key designer?

Could it be so that if people were looking for a Tar setup they could find it? I think so.

Instead, you are saying despite the evidence to the contrary that Tar trumps all other mods and therefore Porken's is a super-secret anti-town role. (Or was, that has changed with his -insert shock here- ability to remove his sig).
I stated a few roles that would work for that setup prior, but if that wasn't specific enough for you, I'll use based-on-real-games examples:

There have been games where there have been day SKs and day cult recruiters, that would function if they got others to say a particular word or phrase.

One on game there was a single word that an SK had, that even enough people said it, or at the end of the day, I don't remember which, but they would die. There was another role to balance that out to protect from the SK to get people to say another word to negate the SK end-of-day effect. I'm rambling a bit because this is based solely on memory.

For a cult case, similar deal, say a particular word or phase, and you're recruited.

What I was worried about is whether or not it was a similar ability, and paranoid about people quoting it would be fulfilling his potentially anti-town win condition.
Examples. Please.

However, even without them - what has removed your worry? In fact, I quoted it blankly - shouldn't you be MORE worried? Further if this was your actual concern the fact he did it enough to make it a talking point should be evidence to keep your vote there, but somehow it wasn't.
As far as the whole Ben/DDD thing, I was pretty neutral for the most part, and didn't have any information to say that wouldn't just be parroting someone else.
But the time passing since my last post and last reading of that game...Ben having a 'safe claim' is veeeeeeeery odd, and by odd I mean scummy.

But what I don't like the most about Ben, is his unwillingness to participate other than getting switched out. He blatantly said he was going to be dead weight. This is anti-town to the core, but the kicker is, would be his eagerness (yes I'm using this word with purposeful negative connotations) to get into another game.

His emotions seem very two-face: He is very uncaring and indifferent about being in any way shape or form a part of the game. That is, until it comes to joining him with DDD. You would think someone who is so passionate about fulfilling his win condition (by playing the game to get to DDD) would be more passionate about playing the rest of the game to actually fulfill his win con.

He seems to be faking disinterest to seem more neutral.

DDD's posts are harder to get a read on, but he mostly seems to be doing damage control for Ben. Anything that Ben does, DDD seems to be tip-toeing around to make it more palatable for the public eye.
Yea, the neutral who is only concerned with survival is faking to seem more neutral. There's the buzzword anti-town again - which really doesn't make sense because he, himself, admitted his role isn't a town one.

Nice backup-wagon stance though. I approve.
Its ridiculous to try and pull the 'its too scummy to be scum' crap with something as majorly scummy as that. Scum try to control the town, subtly usually, but been obvious about it doesn't make it anymore less controlling of the town. Scum also try to buddy, and your method is obvious buddying.

Really, its like you said to yourself, 'well what are things that scum generally do, well I'll do THAT times TEN, and therefore its too scummy to be seen as scum!'

That is, unless you were using it to gain reactions from the people you called out to join your alliance. Which at this point I highly, highly doubt. Especially with your pussyfooting about when it comes to the solidity of your alliance.

'Its UNBREAKABLE...unless someone does something to break it'
Yes I went TRAP SPRUNG you hath fallen for the too scummy to be scummy ruse. :twirls mustache:

Like I said, I'm mostly concerned with getting you, who I am pretty sure is scum, lynched. Now when that happens me and my alliance peeps get to raise a glass with a helll yea and then go from there.

I did get some reactions that are very interesting. Not from the alliance itself (who are tech) but from the people who ignored it (you), the people who tried to join even though that makes no sense (Mufasa) and the people who attacked it on understandable grounds (Yos).

And the latter brings me to a new point:
Yos wrote: He's semi-lruking, he's even reading and commenting on other games, but his comments on this game are quite lacking. He voted spy for a bad reason. Then he defended his vote for spy and removed it in the same post (where he unovted Spy, but at the same time, said that he "didn't like it that spy wasn't going to read the other games.) Then he tried to have it both ways about my opposition to spy's alliance (he both agreed with me and said the strength of my opposition was "a little weird" in the same sentance). And that's all he's said about this game, despite apparently having enough time to read and comment on the other games.

I don't think he's at all interested in scumhunting in this game, which probably means he's scum.
So you think that Sociopath is "looking for scum" versus "looking for a lynch"?

I'll give you that FF is definitely a nice solid choice for a backup lynch but seriously?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Quagmire »

yeah
unvote; vote: SocioPath

This is really bad scummy bandwagoning.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Mufasa just posted in SSK's game.

:D :D :D

I've got to think of a title for him when this is done.

@Porkens & Tajo = You boys need to join THE ALLIANCE like woah.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Mufasa »

Papa Zito wrote:Mufasa just posted in SSK's game.

Forgot what thread I was in haha

at least it doesnt say in the rulez that you cant post in other subgames
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Porkens »

Mufasa wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:Mufasa just posted in SSK's game.

Forgot what thread I was in haha

at least it doesnt say in the rulez that you cant post in other subgames
It doesn't?! Can we confirm this?

Checking now. I'm going to say no at the moment though. So if you aren't in this subgame, please don't post in it
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Mufasa »

Read each of the rules I dont see any of them saying we cant
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Tar's game just went to day. Kinetic was an SK (a 7/7 Flying badass dragon)
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod Note: Now infusing flavor.

Mod Scene 1

Everyone continues their arguing, as another rift opens into Kamigawa. Everyone looks on it with apprehension, fearing another kami attack...but one of you stares at it, and suddenly runs to the thing. Before you can stop him...or as it were her, Debonair Danny DePietro, known better as Azusa, Lost but Seeking leaps through the portal.

All we know is she had a grin on her face as she disappeared.

But it wasn't over, before the portal closed, Papa Zito was quickly pulled towards it. He fades quickly.

A new voice calls out as the portal snaps shut. Budja walks over to the group and introduces himself. No one knows where he came from...but perhaps he will be a valuable asset to fixing the planes?

So, yeah, this is stuff that happened:

3) Benmage, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1
30) Debonair Danny DePietro, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1

5) Budja is now in forbiddanlight's subgame (Kamigawa)
26) Papa Zito is now in Tarhalindur's subgame (Time Spiral).

So, DDD, you are out and won. Good job ^-^. Budja, welcome to the Kamigawa subgame. Papa Zito, go have fun in Tar's game. Nothing else has resolved at this time.
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Mufasa »

FL no confirmation on posting in other games.... hmmm

whoot1234 wrote:I'd like to make an observational theory on Kinitics death. Looking at the flavor and looking at his card at the online link providing in the death scene. It seems that Kinitic was killed cause he failed to do something thus not paying his upkeep and having to sacrafice himself.

Interesting

I'd read one of the convenient mod edits myself
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"I do not miss Jukai Forest. It is not my home. My home is Kamigawa, its people my family. Wherever I set my pack and rest my head, I am home." - flavor text, Azusa, Lost but Seeking

Oh yeah, and vote count is reset. Forgot about that aspect.

The Third Vote Count (aka the "You may play two additional lands on each of your turns." Vote Count)

5) Budja (0)
25) SpyreX (0)
27) Zazie (0)
28) populartajo (0)
29) Yosarian2 (0)
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (0)
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (11): Quagmire, jammer, Flava Flave, Yosarian2, populartajo, SocioPath, Zazie, Porkens, SpyreX, Mufasa, Budja

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
August 21, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
First Mod Deadline Review:
August 14, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. (GMT -5)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Porkens »

Huh, well, I told you so.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Adios, amigos.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

Of course they'd take Zito.

Welp,

Vote: Sociopath.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Porkens »

Are you scum, SpyreX?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

Nope, just a man with a plan.

Hows about you?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Porkens »

As if you don't know already.

vote: SocioPath

GG
lyncher
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

Thats MR.Lyncher to you.

'Course, thats probably too tame for WACKY HIJINKS Tar setup.

BTW - why'd you give in and stop with the I'm a vig bidness?
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”