ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:47 am

Post by ODDin »

I've never said I think Tarballs is perfectly town. But him not voting Starbuck is his only serious offense I see right now, which, as I've said, isn't reason enough to vote for him. And there's no real line of questioning also. He said why he didn't vote, I don't see what more info I can get from him at this point.
What do you expect me to do, say "and Tarballs also didn't vote Starbuck" every post?
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Spinach »

Yes, I know that, I'm just saying that you never said that when you gave him a rundown of the players.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by ODDin »

I admit that. I didn't really think of it at the time. But yes, him not voting Starbuck is factored into my calculations. Otherwise, my read on him is slightly pro-town, so together it sort of makes it neutral. :)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sorry for my absensce. I read the current day and it seems mostly speculation with no real leads so far. Am I missing anything?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

You're not in this game any more, Monkey. KittyMo has replaced you.

As for Hernz's case on me and ODDin and Spinach weighing in on that, I didn't say anything to Hernz because I didn't see the point of repeating myself and stating the obvious. If you insist, though: I posted my vote three minutes after Monkey's. If you honestly think I did see his vote and decided to hop on myself to put Hernz at L-1 in the space of three minutes, there's not much I can say to you. I went to reply before Monkey had posted, his vote went on before mine and I didn't see it. After that, I'm 'defending' Hernz because I'm disagreeing with Monkey's reason for voting for Hernz and I know I wasn't the only one who thought it was a poor reason. He already made the point about me voting for Starbuck at the end; it's WIFOM-y to speculate about whether I would or would not do that as scum. Look at the amount of votes on MonkeyMan and Starbuck at the time I switched my vote and draw your own conclusions.

On to Spinach, who I think has tried to boost Hernz and ODDin's suspicion of me with what is a pretty poor case, taken completely out of context. Here's what he said about me:
Spinach wrote: And about the LL case: I'd like to point out the if you look at his posts in isolation, notice posts 7, 8, and 9 all contain Unvote, votes. Votehopping much?
I'll quote the three posts to illustrate just how out-of-context that comment is:
Locke Lamora wrote:I meant just myself and Hernz, but I agree things are stalling in a major way. We need to make them more interesting.

Unvote; Vote: Droideka
for not playing aggressively as he claims he tends to when town.
The game was stalling, nobody disputes that. I was trying to get things moving, I think that's pretty obvious. Droideka's response was perfectly reasonable and I didn't see anything scummy about it. Next comes Hernz's infamous self-vote, which actually comes about because he thinks my pressure on Droid doesn't help. I thought this was a strange play and indicated as much in my post:
Locke Lamora wrote:Other people have commented that I generally come off as pro-town, so I'd say that's a fair comment.

On Hernz's self vote: not really sure what it was he thought we'd discuss; Tarballs pretty much covered the main points. Backing up Droideka and then self-voting seems a little odd to me, especially at this stage of the game.

Unvote; Vote Hernz

Hernz: were you referring to my vote when you said the random vote doesn't really help? It wasn't random; admittedly there wasn't a big case behind it, but I did have a reason for it.
While I was writing that post, Monkey posted his vote with a terrible reason that I didn't see. When I realised that Monkey had voted, I found it pretty scummy and thought we were onto something, so I voted for him:
Locke Lamora wrote:
Unvote; Vote: MonkeyMan

I didn't notice that he'd voted for Hernz when I did. I don't see how drawing attention to yourself is not pro-town in itself. Still got my eye on Hernz and Droideka now that Droideka has defended Hernz too, though.
So we've got a vote on Droid to try and make things happen when there was some major stalling, a vote for Hernz for his selfvote and buddying up to Droid, then a vote on MonkeyMan for his scummy hop onto the Hernz bandwagon with a poor reason for his vote. Spinach leaves all of that out, doesn't look at any of the content in my posts or the posts in-between and says I'm votehopping, as though I was just jumping on the nearest available wagon each time. Not only that, but he hasn't once indicated he thought I was scummy until the doubts from both Hernz and ODDin.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:33 am

Post by KittyMo »

Monkey can have his spot back if he wants...
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
MonkeySudo
MonkeySudo
Townie
MonkeySudo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:32 am

Post by MonkeySudo »

Do you want me back or not?:shrug:
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Spinach »

Monkey: No. You lurked without telling us. This is your consequence, you were replaced.

LL: You don't seem to be able to weigh cases correctly. Just because someone says something doesn't mean that it is the best case in the world.
And that last bit: People can sway other people's opinions. Saying I'm scummy for not thinking you're scummy until someone else brought it up doesn't make any sense.

You all keep saying I'm scummy, yet you're doing nothing about it. If you think I'm scummy, vote me, no need to stretch the day reiterating points against me. I have nothing to lose if I die; that is, if it helps the town.
MonkeySudo
MonkeySudo
Townie
MonkeySudo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 am

Post by MonkeySudo »

I wasn't lurking, I was moving and was without internet access. But whatever.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Spinach »

MonkeySudo wrote:I wasn't lurking, I was moving and was without internet access. But whatever.
You should have told us instead of disappearing, then.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Spinach: weighing cases correctly has nothing to do with it. Your comment about my votes was entirely unwarranted and completely ignored the situation in which each of them were placed. I thought you cast some poorly-reasoned suspicion on Tarballs through speculation on the set-up after Fluffy and I voted for him, then you cast some poorly-reasoned suspicion on me after Hernz and ODDin stated their doubts. If you'd made those points independently without them following other peoples' suspicions, I might have thought they were less scummy. The fact that you were trying to fuel that suspicion, both times by reaching much too far, makes me think you're very scummy. You can't just reach on a point like that then when I call you on it say 'oh, it's not supposed to be the best case in the world'.

And I'm voting for you. I'm waiting for other people to stop messing around and get on with it.

Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by Tarballs »

KittyMo, are you giving up already? :(

And if I've understood correctly, the deadline is on Monday, which is 3 days from now. Luckily it says in the rules that a lynch will happen even if there is no majority at the deadline, but I'd still like to hear everyone's opinions so that you don't get a cheap excuse for tomorrow in case we fail to lynch the last scum off today.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Seconded. A lot of people have been fairly quiet today. What does everyone think of a Spinach lynch? If you don't like it, who do you want to lynch? If you do want to lynch someone else and haven't voted for them, why not?

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:44 am

Post by KittyMo »

I just thought it'd be better for the town for Monkey to explain some stuff he did yesterday, since I have no idea why he did things the way he did. But, I'll keep playing if you all want me to. :)

My top 2 for scum would be Spinach and Henrz, I think. I'd be willing to lynch either one.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 am

Post by KittyMo »

V/LA Today and Tomorrow
, I just realized. :S I have to get going now. Unfortunate timing. =/ See you guys all soon.

Ummm, I feel like I need to contribute something before leaving, so...here's the game I just finished with Locke (he was scum =O): http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 97&start=0

Ok, now I really gotta be out the door...

"plz don't swear" -- N
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Spinach »

Well, since my fate is decided I'll
Vote: Tarballs

GL finding scum in future days, I'll be reading the thread. :)
Henrz
Henrz
Goon
Henrz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Henrz »

Hmmm... I'ma being away for like 2 weeks, but I should have a reasonable amount of internet access, but no big posts can really be expected. This is also kinda against Tarballs:
Spinach post 180 wrote: Also, while we're on the topic of Tarballs, I realized something.
I realized that (from the nightkill) the mafia have another goal in this game: to hamper communication.
Then I looked at the nightkill. They were obviously trying to isolate someone, and they could do it in two ways:
a) Kill Droid and isolate Monkey. (the outcome)
b) Kill Tarballs and isolate Hernz.

So I have a question: Why was option a chosen over option b? Could Tarballs be scum, rendering option b impossible? I know it seems... far-fetched, but I'd just like to throw it out there while we're talking about him.
Just to say that again :D but I don't really think it's very much info at all, anyways I'ma going to be travelling today and tomorrow so DEFIANTLY no access then. And Spinach, your fate may easily not be decided the majority could change to someone else. That's defeatist.
What is the point of something?
What is the point of anything?
What is the point of nothing?
Is the point all,everything?
Henrz
Henrz
Goon
Henrz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Henrz »

... I missed out half my post (well not half).

But even so I do think that you are the best lynch candidate
Vote: Spinach
just don't expect me to unvote tomorrow or the day after. "I'ma going to be travelling today and tomorrow" it's Tomorrow and the day after, I just mucked it up.
What is the point of something?
What is the point of anything?
What is the point of nothing?
Is the point all,everything?
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Spinach »

Hernz: I doubt it, I'm on top of everybody's scumlist, so there is really no point in fighting it anymore, when whatever I said is used against me. Townies are expendable.

And if you didn't get that claim I'll go ahead and
Claim: Townie
Fluffy
Fluffy
Townie
Fluffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by Fluffy »

Tarballs wrote:
ODDin wrote:
Tarballs wrote:
ODDin wrote:I'm not voting Spinach because that'll put him at L-1, if I'm not mistaken (4 to lynch, Locke and Tarballs are both voting him).
After what happened yesterday, I'd say that's somewhat understandable. But why don't you want to put someone on L-1? If you're suspicious about someone, you shouldn't be afraid to vote.
I don't want to allow the scum to hammer quickly, in case Spinach isn't actually scum. I see no point in taking this risk where nothing can be gained.
Would it really be that bad if scum quickhammered? They're not going to win the game right here by doing that, and then we'd just lynch them tomorrow. If anything, I'd be very happy if scum decided to quickhammer. If this was lylo, your careful approach would be understandable, but we're not anywhere close to it.
I didn't realise deadline was coming up and also that even if we don't get a lynch it's the person with the highest number of votes.

So what's this discussion on hammering, scum wouldn't necessarily need to hammer right?

And are we playing with Monkey or Kitty?
Fluffy
Fluffy
Townie
Fluffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Fluffy »

Spinach wrote:Well, since my fate is decided I'll
Vote: Tarballs

GL finding scum in future days, I'll be reading the thread. :)
Isn't Tarballs still leading the vote count? Or have I missed something.. :roll:
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I think it's 3 for Spinach (Tarballs, myself and Hernz) and 2 for Tarballs (Fluffy, Spinach). ODDin and Kitty aren't voting, unless I've missed something too.

ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:31 am

Post by ODDin »

Locke: I'm actually pretty satisfied with your answer. I just found it quite strange that you didn't respond to them at all - not even by saying "I've answered all of these points before, RTFT".
It seems both people who haven't voted - myself and Kitty - have Spinach at the top of their list of suspects.
And it also seems like there's noting much left to be said. Is everyone okay with me hammering, then?
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:36 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'd like to hear Kitty's view on Tarballs, she hasn't given us that yet. Other than that, I'm fine with the hammer, deadline's on Monday so I have no problem with it at this stage.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:04 am

Post by mykonian »

Deadline is extended till I know how to handle monkey, and since I just got back, I don't know yet.

I will in an hour or something. Then a votecount will be here too.

but first I need to eat.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”