Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Official Day One Vote Count #8

3 - Debonair Danny DiPietro (ZazieR, Lord Gurgi, SpyreX)
2 - Battousai (Nuwen, Elmo)
2 - ZazieR (Goatrevolt, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
1 - LlamaFluff (forbiddanlight)
1 - Lord Gurgi (Battousai)
1 - Nuwen (Patrick)
1 - SpyreX (TDC)
1 - TDC (LlamaFluff)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is September 1, 10:00 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 0 - Nobody

LOCK COUNT9 - Green (TDC, LlamaFluff, SpyreX, forbiddanlight, Battousai, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Nuwen, Goatrevolt, Lord Gurgi)
0 - Blue
0 - Red
0 - Yellow

Not Locking – 3 – Elmo, Patrick, ZazieR

At nightfall, the floor to be locked is: GREEN

If someone falls ill, faints, or is otherwise not being able to participate in our little game, there is a waiting list for guests who wish to reserve the room that opens up. Why someone would want to replace into this madhouse is beyond me, but should it become necessary, we have people standing by.

-The Management
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Battousai »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: I got nothing either way, it looks like she was trying to decide if it was a good idea or not as most of us were. Her claim was startlingly aggressive, but again that doesn't give me a read either way.

I really don't like her 176 though.

I also don't like SpyreX trying to link Battousai with myself. Try this on for size then, Battousai is my number two pick to lynch behind Zazie. Did I just blow your mind?
There's a couple of things that have rung as scummy here. First is how you go middle of the road for a claimed role, but leave room for her to be lynched if you get the support by saying you don't like one of her posts. Basically you said, "I have no read, yet she has acted scummy."

Then, the way you word your last paragraph, it seems like you only suspect me so Spyrex won't suspect you.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

DDD is my strongest town read.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

LF wrote:
If my meta (which is a little outdated) on FL is correct, she is pretty obv-town at this point. IIRC she is a little more cautious as scum and more reckless as town.
Or Chaotic Stupid

I would appreciate the aforeaskedfor elaboration.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Patrick »

Goatrevolt wrote:DDD is my strongest town read.
Can you explain this read? I wasn't keen on most of his 188 either.

More from me tomorrow when I get time after work. I think the bellhop claim is more likely to be town, and can confirm that FL is reckless as town =/
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Patrick wrote:
More from me tomorrow when I get time after work. I think the bellhop claim is more likely to be town, and can confirm that FL is reckless as town =/
sorry! I can't help it!
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

SpyreX wrote:I could subscribe to this newsletter.

In fact I think I will.

Unvote, Vote DDD
Right now I'm wishing upon you the worst thing possible, and right now that seems like it's be playing another game with you. So why don't you go create an alt and go play a game with yourself.

~
LlamaGuy wrote:So... you kind of avoided posting your thoughts on if this was a town or scum tell here. This almost looks like you lean scum tell which is really interesting.
With the proposed plans a believed claim seems like it's almost a free pass to LYLO so I'm naturally dubious.
So if you had to choose which one is it?
Probably town, I don't have a meta on FL, but aggressive to that degree is more often town than scum.
Also elaborate on 176.
It looks like cheap suspicion to me. Sure your boredom and disinterest due to not enjoying breaking a setup is anti-town, but I'm not seeing the jump from anti-town to scummy in this case.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

DDD wrote:
It looks like cheap suspicion to me. Sure your boredom and disinterest due to not enjoying breaking a setup is anti-town, but I'm not seeing the jump from anti-town to scummy in this case.
See, this is where we disagree. It's not so much he doesn't enjoy breaking the set up, it's the fact he barely put forth any effort to get us "scumhunting" as he says whereas I'd expect a townie to be more active.
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@Goat:

Why is DDD your greatest town read?

@DDD:

Hold up a sec. No reason at all to get personal. I've got no beef with you at all.

In fact that line seems way over the top in general.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I don't think DDD's reaction to SpyreX is town. I'm surprised that PJ/Flay hasn't stepped in yet.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

The reaction to SpyreX is definitely over the top and unnecessary, but I don't see why it's scummy.

Gurgi, why is it scummy?

As for why I believe DDD to be town:

petroleumjelly wrote:
It is now Pre-Game. Roles that can night-talk can talk with each other during this time. The game will begin on August 10.
DDD was absent from the game and wasn't aware that it had begun. Considering the scum were allowed to night-talk with each other during that period, I think this is a definite town tell.

2. Post 30

and more recently:

3. Post 201
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by TDC »

Lord Gurgi:
TDC wrote:I changed my mind about the bellhop claim before fl actually claimed, so not sure what you mean, can you specify?

I'm still not really in favour of a colour claim.
Still interested what exactly I supposedly changed my mind about.

--
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:With the proposed plans a believed claim seems like it's almost a free pass to LYLO so I'm naturally dubious.
In fact, my plan, which she explicitly mentioned when claiming, includes lynching her.

--

GR:
So basically, DDD is town for something that can easily be faked and because Zazie and Batt are scum?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

TDC wrote:GR:
So basically, DDD is town for something that can easily be faked and because Zazie and Batt are scum?
Sure, it's possible for him to fake that, but it's simpler and more likely to assume that he isn't.

And yeah, if my top two scum picks are both pushing the same wagon I feel pretty comfortable in saying it's not going to hit scum.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 pm

Post by TDC »

I understand that and it would be decent argument if they were dead scum.
Where I can't follow is how you're so sure about them both being scum that you base your read on another player on it and want to stop the wagon on him.
Do you think your argument would still make sense if only one of Zazie/Batt was scum?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

TDC wrote:I understand that and it would be decent argument if they were dead scum.
Where I can't follow is how you're so sure about them both being scum that you base your read on another player on it and want to stop the wagon on him.
I will often dynamically base my reads on players based on what I expect other players alignments to be. I'm not sure that Zazie or Batt are scum, but until I have reason to think otherwise, I'm going to not want to lynch anyone that they are both pressuring.
TDC wrote:Do you think your argument would still make sense if only one of Zazie/Batt was scum?
I do. I don't think either Zazie or Batt fit well as scum with DDD.

Why would Zazie jump start the wagon on her scum buddy that early when there was no reason to do so?

Why would Batt throw himself out there early to slow down the DDD wagon, but then start pressuring DDD himself later when the wagon resurfaces?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I'm surprised that PJ/Flay hasn't stepped in yet.
Why would I step in? We WANT you to kill each other... preferably before September 1st, if you can manage it. That said, there's no reason to be barbaric about it. I think Mr. Wilson has provided you with quite a reasonable method of executing each other according to his wishes without going outside the rules.
Neil Wilson wrote:
1.)
Be civil.
- The Management
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:37 am

TDC wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:With the proposed plans a believed claim seems like it's almost a free pass to LYLO so I'm naturally dubious.
In fact, my plan, which she explicitly mentioned when claiming, includes lynching her.
Good point, my hypothetical objection would be that there wasn't a consensus on your plan at the time so maybe FL was hoping to use it for it's benefits but not it's disadvantages. However, that does strike me as unlikely so I think you're right.

~~~
Goatrevolt wrote:Sure, it's possible for him to fake that, but it's simpler and more likely to assume that he isn't.
We have a winner.

~~~

It's been over a week since Zazie posted anything resembling game related content.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

TDC: It seemed like you were pushing against it for the sake of doing so should it fail, then when it went too far to stop, you were rushing to get on. It's opportunistic.

Goat: There is an intangible line that one can cross when you get angry and I feel that the sudden and extreme response he made crossed that line. Why he would get angry at Spyrex alone and not everyone attacking him makes me think something's up as well.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Battousai »

Goatrevolt wrote:Why would Batt throw himself out there early to slow down the DDD wagon, but then start pressuring DDD himself later when the wagon resurfaces?
I felt the DDD wagon was based on nothing, literally nothing, and wanted all players to get a chance to post before being wagoned. He posted since then, so I feel I am allowed to call him scummy or townie now.

Also, when I have more time, I'll give my stance on LF's lack of scumhunting to get people to do it instead of focusing on the setup. From what I recall, LF actually did try to scumhunt, but just gave up during the setup discussion. I will have to reread a few pages to confirm though.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Gurgi: Your crossing intangible lines metaphor is lost on me. Can only scum cross this "intangible" line in how they react? I still don't get how it's scummy.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 am

Lord Gurgi wrote:Goat: There is an intangible line that one can cross when you get angry and I feel that the sudden and extreme response he made crossed that line. Why he would get angry at Spyrex alone and not everyone attacking him makes me think something's up as well.
I'm not in multiple games with other people, I'll leave it at that.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

It's not a metaphor, I mean I can't tell you where the line is, but I know when people cross it.

DDD, as far as I know, it's against site rules to carry grudges from game to game.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Only scum cross this proposed line?
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Nuwen »

Unvote, vote Lord Gurgi
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I think it's scummy to cross it so suddenly. If it were a long and gradual build up, it's a null-tell barring a special meta.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”