Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hang on, how does ODDin know there's going to be a tomorrow? Seems scummy to me that he's setting up a Tarballs lynch even as he hammers Spinach.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Tarballs »

Now that's what I'd call a slip.

Looks like a lot of stuff happened here today. Sorry that I didn't get to answer to Spinach's case before deadline, but I'll do that at the start of Day 3, assuming I'm still around to be able to do that.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 am

Post by ODDin »

No, I don't know there's going to be a tomorrow - nevertheless, I might as well plan for it; if we win, all the better. :) Plus, I don't always feel the need to say "unless [something obvious]" every time. In just the same way I don't feel the need to say "I'll do X tomorrow unless I'm NKed". Of course if I'm NKed I won't do that tomorrow. Of course if we win I won't be suspecting Tarballs tomorrow.
Also, I didn't say I'm certain about lynching Tarballs. I just wanted to clarify that some of Spinach's points were, indeed, valid.

That being said, you are in your right to suspect me. :)
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

It was the fact you said 'will be brought into consideration tomorrow'; there was no uncertainty there, it just read as though you were sure you'd be looking at Tarballs tomorrow. If Spinach is telling the truth, it looks like there will be a tomorrow, so I'll have my eye on you.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:41 am

Post by mykonian »

Rather scared, the town sat and talked. Fearing that this game might be far to interesting. They hadn't expected they would be playing for there lives. The game got much more emotional when spinach neared a lynch...

"Believe me! I am a towny! I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!"

He looked at ODDIN, begged, with frightened eyes...

"Please, no, don't let him do this..."

But ODDIN nodded, and I pulled the trigger.

Spinach,
vanilla towny
was no more

Night ends, monday, this time.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by mykonian »

who wasn't scared? Live had always been a game, but now it took a serious turn.

So serious, that Locke Lamora couldn't sleep. At least so it seemed. Because Locke wasn't found in his bed. He lay on the floor in the corridor, with two clean holes in his head.

What he had done there? we could only guess. He probably was there to find out who was so savagely murdering people at night. Because that was clear: he was a towny. It was cheating to win the game this way, but when it is about life and death, who would blame him?

Locke Lamora, town tracker, died n2

day 3 starts
Fluffy
Fluffy
Townie
Fluffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by Fluffy »

hmm it seems that spinach's theory that scum might be trying to hamper communication might actually have some legs, the only people who can talk to each other now are hernz and tarballs...

I'm going to reread with the information we have now and see if there's any clues...
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:58 pm

Post by mykonian »

prodded everyone
Henrz
Henrz
Goon
Henrz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by Henrz »

Well, it seems that I couldn't get connection... I'ma look through everything I'va missed.
What is the point of something?
What is the point of anything?
What is the point of nothing?
Is the point all,everything?
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 am

Post by Tarballs »

After Locke flipped tracker, I tried to look for a breadcrumb that he might have left about his result from night 1. I didn't find anything too obvious, but this is the best I managed to find:
Locke Lamora wrote:As bad as that Monkey hammer was, I don't think he's scum. Scum hammering their partner without even giving them a chance to claim on D1 is ridiculous. I think it's just awful town play.
Locke's first post of day 2. He's not completely clearing Monkey, which he shouldn't have even done, as that would've been suspicious, but this makes me think he tracked Monkey and found out that Monkey didn't visit Droideka. Then again, it's possible that the last scum is a blocker who blocked Locke night 1, in which case there would be no report to breadcrumb.

I'll answer to Spinach's case against me once I have enough time for it, although his whole case against me just seemed like desperate scum trying to save themselves when I first read it, so that actually made me more confident that Spinach would be the last scum.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:18 am

Post by KittyMo »

Today, I'm drawn to Tarballs, because Spinach wanted us to look at him, and Fluffy, because of his and his predeccessors' interactions with Starbuck.
Tarballs wrote: After Locke flipped tracker, I tried to look for a breadcrumb that he might have left about his result from night 1.
Smart thinking! Never occured to me to look for that.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, we have 2 more chances to lynch scum? I'm going to be off reading for a while.

~ Kitty
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Tarballs »

KittyMo, Hernz, Fluffy:
What do you think of ODDin's slip at the end of the last day?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:49 am

Post by KittyMo »

Tarballs wrote:
KittyMo, Hernz, Fluffy:
I honestly doubt it is indictive of his alignment. Setting up further lynches may be scummy, but I don't think forgetting to put "if there is a tomorrow" is scummy. I almost forgot to add that part onto my final post of Day 2.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:51 am

Post by ODDin »

Tarballs wrote:After Locke flipped tracker, I tried to look for a breadcrumb that he might have left about his result from night 1. I didn't find anything too obvious, but this is the best I managed to find:
Locke Lamora wrote:As bad as that Monkey hammer was, I don't think he's scum. Scum hammering their partner without even giving them a chance to claim on D1 is ridiculous. I think it's just awful town play.
Locke's first post of day 2. He's not completely clearing Monkey, which he shouldn't have even done, as that would've been suspicious, but this makes me think he tracked Monkey and found out that Monkey didn't visit Droideka. Then again, it's possible that the last scum is a blocker who blocked Locke night 1, in which case there would be no report to breadcrumb.
I don't think it comes from his power role info. Clearin Monkey was pretty obvious after his hammer on Starbuck D1, and I think this was mostly his reasoning for that. He wasn't the only one saying that, either (I know I said so too).

I'm somewhat suspicious of Fluffy: DNW's early extreme aggression towards Starbuck seems like an attempt at distancing more than anything else. Then D2, there's Fluffy following Locke, though it's not entirely clear that she was indeed following him, so that's a pretty weak point. Not enough material to vote at the moment, and sadly almost nothing to really question (can't question Fluffy about DNW's behaviour).

I'll wait for Tarballs to respond to Spinach's lengthy case before making a decision on him.
However,
Tarballs wrote:I'll answer to Spinach's case against me once I have enough time for it,
although his whole case against me just seemed like desperate scum trying to save themselves when I first read it, so that actually made me more confident that Spinach would be the last scum.
What's your point in stating this? It seems like you're defending yourself against arguments which aren't there.
KittyMo wrote:
Tarballs wrote: After Locke flipped tracker, I tried to look for a breadcrumb that he might have left about his result from night 1.
Buddying?

Tarballs: And what do
you
think of my "slip"?
Also, what are your opinions on the other players? Who are your top suspects today?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:24 am

Post by KittyMo »

ODDin wrote:
KittyMo wrote:
Buddying?
Not my intent, though I can see why you'd think that.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Tarballs »

ODDin wrote:I don't think it comes from his power role info. Clearin Monkey was pretty obvious after his hammer on Starbuck D1, and I think this was mostly his reasoning for that. He wasn't the only one saying that, either (I know I said so too).
That's very true. But it's still possible that Monkey just wanted to hop on the wagon to make himself look more town and didn't realize that there were already too many votes on Starbuck. I don't know if Locke would really be that "certain" that Monkey must be town. I'm also thinking: If I was Locke the tracker, who would I track night 1? Would he have tracked me or Spinach more likely than Monkey? Maybe I'm overthinking this now :?
ODDin wrote:
Tarballs wrote:I'll answer to Spinach's case against me once I have enough time for it,
although his whole case against me just seemed like desperate scum trying to save themselves when I first read it, so that actually made me more confident that Spinach would be the last scum.
What's your point in stating this? It seems like you're defending yourself against arguments which aren't there.
The arguments were there when I read them. After reading through his case, I then noticed that he had been hammered and that he still claimed to be town, so that made me think "Okay, I guess he wasn't the last scum after all". But my initial thought was that he was desperate.
ODDin wrote:Tarballs: And what do
you
think of my "slip"?
I believe that scum would do that error more likely than a townie, so I see it as a scumslip. But as I was rereading the thread during night 2, I didn't find much evidence to support my theory that you would be the last scum. Actually, aside from Locke, you were probably the most pro-town looking person until that slip.
ODDin wrote:Also, what are your opinions on the other players? Who are your top suspects today?
This really would be an excellent time for a player-by-player analysis, as there are so few people left, and I'll need to do that as well. Hopefully by the end of this week.

For now, I'd say that my biggest suspect is probably Fluffy. We didn't get to hear much of her thoughts during day 1 and she kinda gets a free pass with the Starbuck case, because she replaced in so late into day 1. We didn't really hear DnW's opinions about Starbuck either, only in the very beginning of the game, so that makes this a bit difficult. It's always difficult when you have to take two or more players in a player slot into consideration. It's also a bit unfair for the replacer, I think. But I need to read the thread again a couple of times and collect my thoughts before I can really say who's the top suspect.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:03 am

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry for another one-liner, but I wanted to say
Happy Scumday, Mykonian!
:)

"plz don't swear" -- N
Fluffy
Fluffy
Townie
Fluffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Fluffy »

Tarballs wrote:
KittyMo, Hernz, Fluffy:
I personally don't think it was a scum slip, I don't think everytime someone talks about tomorrow - we have to say "unless blah blah blah..."

Maybe I'm being cynical but the lynch that Oddin was supposedly trying to set up was for you Tarballs (not that it was much of a set up. he was merely saying that Tarballs isn't getting a free pass - I believe a number of people have said that about me also).

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but then to take the heat off himself Tarballs start running with a weak case (based on what I think was an innocent slip) against Oddin. I mean it would be handy for scum to just pick on a seemingly innocent mistake and start a bandwagon. It's also suspicious to me as Oddin hasn't said anything scummy that I've read so far.
Fluffy
Fluffy
Townie
Fluffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by Fluffy »

On a different note,

Mod: I know in the rules (rule 22) it says that we're not allowed to quote PMs, are we allowed to paraphrase or summarize daytalking?

Just wondering if I can talk about my daytalking with Locke or make reference to it somehow.
Fluffy
Fluffy
Townie
Fluffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Fluffy »

Btw: If anyone has a specific question in relation to DNW's posts or play - I wouldn't mind attempting to respond as best I can. I could try. I mean I don't think I should get a free pass, since that would be hyprocritical if I wanted to question Kitty Mo regarding Monkey's action.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Tarballs »

Ok, here's my answers to Spinach's case.
Spinach wrote:Claramata, the former Tarballs, makes an oddly worded response and then disappears. Scum points for Tarballs.
I can't defend someone else's actions, but since we're in the same player slot, that's a somewhat understandable accusation.

Tarballs responds to questions. It is
VERY
odd Tarballs would even think of saying someone is town right off of the bat, and then says nobody stands out, and a contradiction on top of it.
I didn't say that someone is town. I said that Locke always seems pro-town, so it doesn't stand out to me that he appears pro-town in this game as well.
He then asks for clarifacation on a fairly obvious comment. Yay for filler text? >_> + scum points for Tarballs.
It wasn't that obvious to me. It's not mentioned anywhere that Locke and Henrz are my
neighbors
- just that I can daytalk with them. Also, it seemed odd that Locke asked my opinion about just him and Henrz, instead of everyone.
Tarballs explains his earlier contradiction, but still, acting pro-town and being town
are practically the same thing
I disagree.
Then Tarballs makes a flawed vote on hernz. Please look at the bolded parts, woot contradictions, + Scum points for reasons explained.
Ok, let's see now. This is what I said, bolded parts by Spinach, red- and orange-colored parts by me:
However! Making a random vote, and not just any vote but a selfvote, 4 pages into the game
doesn't help us progress, so therefore he is obviously stalling the game on purpose
On the other hand
this will cause people to vote him for that anti-town play,
which quite possibly will help us leave the RVS behind
. He wants us to vote him, so that's exactly what I'm going to do
:D
If you're able to understand the red-colored part, you'll clearly see that there is no contradiction in there.
Um, no, you didn't see it like that. You said Hernz was stalling and doesn't help us progress. Infact, this whole post contradicts with his last post. He then points out a contradiction with Monkey and votes him. + Scum points for Tarballs. He's the king of contradictions by now...
See the answer above. And you clearly didn't understand why I really voted for Henrz. Reasonings for my vote are in orange color.
Tarball's first post on D2, indicating that monkey is suddenly town because he hammers, meaning he is out of suspects.
Can't understand how you got that impression. I even said that I'm "still keeping my eye on him", so how am I indicating that Monkey has to be town?

I make a post agaist tarballs, but suddenly, he cares about my post! But not about LL's, or Fluffy. And the fact that you weren't killed DOES prove something here, and asking how I know what a silencer does is like asking how I know what a doctor does. It's pretty self-explanatory. He then thinks I knew a silencer existed before starbuck flipped.. yet fails to bring up any evidance from D1. To me, it seems like Tarballs, the scum, was out of targets and decided to pick up on me for flawed reasons. + scum points for Tarballs.
You made a scummy comment about the scum nightkill, trying to make me look like scum because Droideka was killed instead of me. And I didn't like that talk about Mafia Silencer either. Those two things really jumped out from your post, that's why you got my attention.
Oh, so Tarballs has something to hide? Interesting. + scum points for Tarballs.
Do I even need to answer this? :roll:
Tarballs shows that he wants me lynched fast, very scummy.

Once again, I fail to see where you got that impression from.
He then points out that bandwagoning isn't bad, also scummy.
What I said was that bandwagoning isn't
automatically
a bad thing. And I fail to see what is scummy about that.
He then hints that the reaming scum may have a role. Interesting...
I'd be surprised if there were
any
players here without a role.
This post just confuses me. The last part. . .It's directed at me, right?
It's a bit late to answer this now, but: It was directed to everyone, also including you.
Wondering why Tarballs is asking what makes him town.. that doesn't make sense for a townie to ask.
So you'd rather have a person saying "This person is town, that person is town, they are town, those are town too, that there is scum, but I won't say why" around, then? No matter what you think people's alignment is, you should give reasons
why
you think they are town/scum. Otherwise I will assume that you somehow
know
they are town/scum, which kinda makes you scum.
Henrz
Henrz
Goon
Henrz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Henrz »

tarballs wrote:
KittyMo, Hernz, Fluffy:
I don't think anything of it really, and if it is anything, then it most certainly isn't a case against him.

In regards to the Tarballs/Spinach response stuff some of those things do look rather silly now that you look of them, this line particularly amused me:
He then hints that the reaming scum may have a role. Interesting...
I'd be surprised if there were
any
players here without a role.
:D
What is the point of something?
What is the point of anything?
What is the point of nothing?
Is the point all,everything?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by mykonian »

Fluffy wrote:On a different note,

Mod: I know in the rules (rule 22) it says that we're not allowed to quote PMs, are we allowed to paraphrase or summarize daytalking?

Just wondering if I can talk about my daytalking with Locke or make reference to it somehow.
yes, you can. As long as you don't copy what has been said
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by KittyMo »

(sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I'll get better about that. :) )

Mini Case on Fluffy:
Fluffy replaced DOESnotWANT. Looking at DnW's posts in isolation, the only things of note she did were: ask questions, and attack Starbuck. The way she went about the attack seems like bussing. Also, she became so focused on attacking Starbuck that she forgot about most other things, like answering her own set of questions.

Fluffy replaces in, posting a small amount of content, but the rest of her posts are one-liners that appear every 3 days
if we're lucky
. Fluffy never even commented on us lynching Spinach. It just doesn't seem like Fluffy is really scumhunting or trying to play this game. All she's done is lurklurklurk, and drop in about every 5 days.

FOS: Fluffy

"plz don't swear" -- N
Fluffy
Fluffy
Townie
Fluffy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Post by Fluffy »

Hey,

I'm moving house and have other real life stuff happening, so yes I haven't been here much to post, so to be fair, I think I should request to be replaced out.

Sorry guys. good luck

mod: can I please be replaced out

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”