Newbie #840 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Netopalis »

Sorry, should be:

Muh, Cooldog couldn't lead his way out of a paper bag. He MIGHT just be the worst player here...There may be some growing competition for that title, though.

I know, I know, just a period..but it's going to bother me if I don't fix it.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Netopalis »

Upon further reflection, I think that was a bit uncalled for...I apologize, Cooldog. My point stands that I feel that you need to work on understanding things a bit more but I shouldn't have said you were the worst player here. I'd recommend some time with the Wiki...Learn about some strategy, vote patterns, etc. You might also want to look at other previous games....and also perhaps learn to emulate the style of English that other posters use. (Your tendency to use run-on sentences can be difficult to read and many times you make assertions without backing them up logically.)
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 am

Post by muh316 »

I think what we must do to find who is in the mafia. We need to see which TWO people are helping each other and supporting each other.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 am

Post by muh316 »

If only a few of the people here were a bit more active. *looks at Santos and SpyreX it would make the game much easier. If you joined the game then play the game.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Netopalis »

SpyreX has been plenty active, Muh. Read the bloody game from page 1, it's obvious that you haven't.

Santos does need to finish his reread soon, though.

DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:53 am

Post by DarkLightA »

CooLDoG wrote:DarklightA was really a buddy with me while we were on Net, but now since I shifted my stance he seems a bit less buddy with the noob. So I still think he should give us a little more explanation for the epic shorts he has posted.
SERIOUSLY?? You voted for me, and have saying "Of course he's scum", and "Why aren't you lynching him", and expect me to be your buddy and support you?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 am

Post by muh316 »

My bad. I'm extremely sorry if i offended you Spyrex
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 am

Post by geekalicious »

muh316 wrote:
I think what we must do to find who is in the mafia. We need to see which TWO people are helping each other and supporting each other.
You make the process sound simple. What if the members of the scum team are deliberately distancing themselves from each other?
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 am

Post by geekalicious »

Oh, and muh316, not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but it would be really helpful if you got an avatar. It'll make it much easier to identify your posts during re-reads.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:08 am

Post by muh316 »

geekalicious wrote:Oh, and muh316, not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but it would be really helpful if you got an avatar. It'll make it much easier to identify your posts during re-reads.
There you go. I have SS4 broly. One of my favorite fan made characters.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

Alrighty, I waited and even eluded to it and the fact that DLA has just opted to ignore my original vote is enough, even this early, for claimin' time.

Vote: DLA

And yes I'm active :P And I was biding my time waiting to see what he would do, or not do in this case.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:20 am

Post by muh316 »

geekalicious wrote:
muh316 wrote:
You make the process sound simple. What if the members of the scum team are deliberately distancing themselves from each other?
Wouldn't that result in votes for the Scums. The mafia isn't the one who is the clever. It is the people who are over-clever.
What I mean is Suppose playing a game of Rock paper Scissor. The first match results in a draw for rock. Then one player thinks that most likely the player will choose paper so they choose scissors but then what comes to mind is what if the opponent has scissors then I should put out rock again. The over-clever player will choose rock and the other would choose paper as the over-clever player suspected at first. Which would result in a loss.
I hope you know what I mean.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Netopalis wrote:Upon further reflection, I think that was a bit uncalled for...I apologize, Cooldog. My point stands that I feel that you need to work on understanding things a bit more but I shouldn't have said you were the worst player here. I'd recommend some time with the Wiki...Learn about some strategy, vote patterns, etc. You might also want to look at other previous games....and also perhaps learn to emulate the style of English that other posters use. (Your tendency to use run-on sentences can be difficult to read and many times you make assertions without backing them up logically.)
no offence taken, some times being stupid has it's advantages. And at geek
why the hell when I say that do I get label frigin scum and now no-one cares :?: :!:

And MUH thats called a wifom situation, or wine in front of me. It happens allot.

-court jester sighing off-

(no jokes I swear, and noob games have no jest any way)
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Also muh I already tried to do that, but I still got shot has scum, read the whole thread over the week end.
after a wank.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by muh316 »

CooLDoG wrote:Also muh I already tried to do that, but I still got shot has scum, read the whole thread over the week end.
I'm pretty lazy to do such a thing. :lol:
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Sposh »

DarkLightA wrote:
CooLDoG wrote:We wanna lynch darklight, but we wanna be sure so we are thinking about doing a role claim right?
You seem very eager to lynch. However I don't think a scum would act like this. He/she would probably be hiding rather than trying to lynch.

@Sposh:

why wouldn't you random vote? --- I explained that in my random fos post.
would you mind linking us to that game, DarkLight? ---
@mod: Can I post a link? It's a different site, but not mafia-related. They just have forum games every now and then

he really enjoys fast games. (Isn't a day that moves too fast bad for town?) --- Don't put words in my mouth. I also explained this later. It's not
fast
games, it's games that move quickly, as in 2+ posts an hour on average, instead of 1 post a day. This ends up helping town, as it pressures mafia.

And as if his random FOS instead of a random vote wasn't bad enough, he actually takes the time to UN-random-FOS, giving another example of when he got lynched during random voting because "people weren't fans of unvoting". This seems like another stretch of logic... mind linking us to THIS game, DarkLight? --- It's the same game as the previously mentioned one.
@the random FoS unvote:
You random voted
You un-random voted

I random FoSed
I un-random FoSed

See the similarity?

----

@all
: I really think this looks suspicious: He attempts to make a solid wall of attack against me, by putting words in my mouth. What do you guys think of it?

Unvote
Vote: Sposh
1) I'm pretty sure the only rule about linking games is no games that are in progress, but who knows, I could be wrong!

2) Do games really ever have one post a day!? I find this hard to believe. Also, I didn't see the post where you explained this, so I apologize.

3) But there's no reason to un-random-FOS. A random vote actually does something: it puts a legitimate vote on someone, which can lead to bandwagons forming, which can lead to more discussion. An FOS will do none of that. To me it looks like you were trying to avoid suspicion by only placing an FOS instead of a vote.

4) I think that's what is called an OMGUS vote, and I also don't like how you try to appeal to the town with "So what do you guys think?". Seems suspicious.

I still support a DLA or CD lynch for today, folks!
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Muh, the game is not that simplistic. Basically, you have to realize that it's not just about finding who the scum are - it's ALSO about them attempting to subvert whoever is trying to out them. This can take a lot of forms, from bussing (the intentional killing of another mafia member to appear more innocent) to simple petty fights to overly chummy behavior that appears too over-the-top to be mafia. You can't just say that "all we gotta do is find the mafia" - that's like saying that all one has to do to climb Mount Everest is to get to the top.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

muh316 wrote:
CooLDoG wrote:Also muh I already tried to do that, but I still got shot has scum, read the whole thread over the week end.
I'm pretty lazy to do such a thing. :lol:
If you are too lazy to read the whole topic, then please ask the mod for a replacement. We don't need lazy players here. If you signed to play, then play. And for that, you need to be well informed, otherwise you are just a liability.

Really, if this is too much, just ask for a replacement.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #6=-

DarkLightA (4) - Sposh, Netopalis, CooLDoG, SpyreX
CooLDoG (2) - geekalicious, muh316
Sposh (1) - DarkLightA

Not Voting (2) - Santos, Snow_Bunny

5 to lynch.

DarkLightA wrote:
@mod: Can I post a link? It's a different site, but not mafia-related. They just have forum games every now and then
As long as you're not discussing ongoing games, there's no rule against it.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Netopalis »

This is getting nowhere fast. We need a claim, Darklight....

Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Sposh »

I actually read something about how claiming on day one is bad unless you are cop or doc. If you're VT and you claim, and the votes go somewhere else, then it just shows Mafia who ISN'T a power role!

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Hmm... That's right. Claiming on day one isn't a good idea, if you think well about it. Any roads, DLA, I'll give you a warning: I'm going to hammer, so, do you have anything to say regarding your lynch?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Sposh »

muh316 wrote:I think what we must do to find who is in the mafia. We need to see which TWO people are helping each other and supporting each other.
I don't think this is really the best way to go about it, personally.

DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

Link to my discussed game

I understand the suspicion against me. All I want to say is that from my POV, the voters against me are the most scummy in the game at all.. (No OMGUS) So, please take this into consideration when/if I'm lynched.

Claim:
Pro-town PR.

I know that I'll probably be killed for this in the night, but I just want to give town another chance to lynch someone on D1. (Look at the linked game, the same happened there. I claimed doc.)
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 am

Post by geekalicious »

I'm going to agree that you need to read the whole thread, muh316. Admitting to laziness like that is scummy and definitely puts you on my radar.

As far as DarkLightA's claim is concerned, I don't like that he claimed just a generic power role, nothing specific. If he doesn't get lynched today, then we can't have him prove his claim with night actions such as an investigation because the claim is too general.
Sposh wrote:2) Do games really ever have one post a day!? I find this hard to believe. Also, I didn't see the post where you explained this, so I apologize.
Unfortunately, yes, they sometimes do.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”