Newbie 838 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:17 am

Post by BlueRaven »

¬_¬ before all the votes came onto me... Now we're making progress.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 am

Post by BlueRaven »

My Milked Eek wrote:
>>> Conclusions:

> Carrick is active lurking. Heavily. Not liking his play in general.

> Blueraven is my main suspect. Let me explain:
* Accuses people of wrongly accusing people, but then doesn't go through with it.
* Attempt to incriminate someone #1
* Attempt to incriminate someone #2
* Attempt to incriminate someone #3
* A lot of fluff content. Check his iso
[1]
posts.

Unvote. Vote: BlueRaven

[1] Reading a players posts in isolation is done by clicking go after selecting a poster in the menu at the bottom of the page:

Display posts from previous: [ All Posts ] by [ All Users ] [ Oldest First ] [ Go ]
Number 1 and 3 are just me putting in my opinions, im not trying to imcrimonate anyone, if i wanted to i'd try harder.
Show
W/L

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
david-villa-7
david-villa-7
Townie
david-villa-7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:54 am

Post by david-villa-7 »

[quote="RayFrost]ash is a little more suspicious, imo. he focused on crunchi but didn't really make an attempt to apply pressure, which kinda defeats the purpose of being suspicious towards somebody. I find that to be a little scummy, along with the whole being worried about "posting too much" when posting is part of what helps town figure out their reads.

FoS: Ash [/quote]
Well im sorry i posted the "posting too much" post, its just that i felt as if i was posting a lot more than normal. And the crunchi incedent, i was suspicious and i was waiting for a bit of response from her. hope the replacement posts often. see what more he has too say before i make my decision
Show
Finished games

Win/Loss
Town 0/1
Scum 0/0

[b][u]just so everyone knows ash is my RL nickname, david villa is a football (soccer)player[/u][/b]
david-villa-7
david-villa-7
Townie
david-villa-7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:55 am

Post by david-villa-7 »

RayFrost wrote:ash is a little more suspicious, imo. he focused on crunchi but didn't really make an attempt to apply pressure, which kinda defeats the purpose of being suspicious towards somebody. I find that to be a little scummy, along with the whole being worried about "posting too much" when posting is part of what helps town figure out their reads.

FoS: Ash

thats what it should have been like
Show
Finished games

Win/Loss
Town 0/1
Scum 0/0

[b][u]just so everyone knows ash is my RL nickname, david villa is a football (soccer)player[/u][/b]
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:15 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

BlueRaven wrote:if you dont realise we only have 9 days till lynch. And i dont like the fact that we arnt any closer to getting a lynch.
Are you saying we cannot decide on a lynch in 9 days or less? That's more than 1/3 of D1's maximum time.
startransmission wrote:
My Milked Eek wrote:Any reason you stopped posting content?
I apologize, I've had a hectic weekend. I'll get back on this momentarily.
No problems. :)
raven wrote:Number 1 and 3 are just me putting in my opinions, im not trying to imcrimonate anyone, if i wanted to i'd try harder.
Not really buying that. I perceive your 1 & 3 as trying to egg on other people without looking too aggressive. Why FoS only me? If you truly believed I "slipped up" by calling startrans town, why didn't you vote me?

Are the actions you (mis)portrayed in 1 & 3 not worthy of a FoS or some more questioning? Are you not looking for suspicious behaviour?
Eek
!
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 am

Post by BlueRaven »

If you think they are worthy of asking questions, don't you think that at least another person would of followed on even if i stopped? Even so, as i said, its only my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

But also may i add, seeing that its only mainly you, DV7, tubby, rayfrost and i that are posting its sort of hard to try and find scum of the rest of them.

Going back to your comment about voting for you, I am a catious voter and dont throw my vote around like there is no tomorrow, plus as you said, we have over a third of the time to decide.
Show
W/L

My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:06 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

BlueRaven wrote:If you think they are worthy of asking questions, don't you think that at least another person would of followed on even if i stopped? Even so, as i said, its only my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.
Whether I find/found them worthy of questions or not isn't really relevant. You brought them up so you thought they were worthy of questions. Why else bring them up? It also doesn't matter if no one else didn't want to ask questions, you brought them up and by doing that you obviously have something to say or to note or ask about them.

BlueRaven wrote:But also may i add, seeing that its only mainly you, DV7, tubby, rayfrost and i that are posting its sort of hard to try and find scum of the rest of them.
It''s equally important to find out if there's scum amongst the four of us or not. No need to wait or to "nag" about the inactives.

blueraven wrote:Going back to your comment about voting for you, I am a catious voter and dont throw my vote around like there is no tomorrow, plus as you said, we have over a third of the time to decide.
Funny, I said that 1/3 thing after you FoS'd (or better phrased: not voted) me. I was under the impression you found there was so little time left and so little scummy behaviour around. I'd expect from such a stance that you'd at least vote me for "slipping up".
Eek
!
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by startransmission »

Unvote, Vote: BlueRaven

This puts him at L-1! I would like to see the debate between MME and Blue resolved before the hammer comes down. We have a few days, let's use them. That said, I think putting Blues feet to the fire could do some good.

While catching up on what I missed over the last two days BlueRaven alarmed me several times while reading through. MME has done all the work for me and laid out exactly why I am voting for Blue in his summary post 166.

I know I'm jumping on a wagon here, but it's a damn good wagon. Anyone want to press me on my vote feel free.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'd recommend that BlueRaven claim...

and that he try to defend himself a little better.

If he continues to do poorly over the coming few days, I'll drop the hammer, or just let deadline do the job.
don't you feel silly now?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by tubby216 »

ok well now that we have shown we are willing to lynch blue depending on his answers i will:

unvote

i do not want a quick hammer to screw up blue answering the afore mentioned questions..
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by startransmission »

tubby216 wrote:ok well now that we have shown we are willing to lynch blue depending on his answers i will:

unvote

i do not want a quick hammer to screw up blue answering the afore mentioned questions..
Not sure how I feel about this Tubby. Of course we are willing to lynch
anybody
based upon their answers. This makes me wonder if you placed a vote on Blue to distance yourself, and as soon as he's at L-1 you felt you had to back off. He hasn't even had a chance to respond while at L-1. And what if he is hammered prematurely? If Blue flips town the person responsible will have much to answer for, and give us a potentially excellent scum lead.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Chances of a quick hammer (just looking at the players here)

are virtually 0...

so worry about a quick hammer is nonsensical.

As it is, blueraven needs to respond to the case against him.

vote: BlueRaven

since he deserves to be at l-1
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by BlueRaven »

ok then, what questions do you want me to answer? and as for the claim? I claim vanilla town.
Show
W/L

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by RayFrost »

BlueRaven wrote:ok then, what questions do you want me to answer? and as for the claim? I claim vanilla town.
Defend yourself against the case made by MME and Porkchop, please.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

BlueRaven wrote:ok then, what questions do you want me to answer? and as for the claim? I claim vanilla town.
My last post perhaps?

>> Startrans
Do you have any other suspects?
Eek
!
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tubby216 »

startransmission wrote:
tubby216 wrote:ok well now that we have shown we are willing to lynch blue depending on his answers i will:

unvote

Not sure how I feel about this Tubby. Of course we are willing to lynch
anybody
based upon their answers. This makes me wonder if you placed a vote on Blue to distance yourself, and as soon as he's at L-1 you felt you had to back off. He hasn't even had a chance to respond while at L-1. And what if he is hammered prematurely? If Blue flips town the person responsible will have much to answer for, and give us a potentially excellent scum lead.
ok,
First blue was talkin about having doubts that we would lynch anybody due to activity. Once he hit L-1 that was disproven.

Second, the guy i replaced put the vote on him and I left it there, Due to what i seen from his posts wich was well outlined by me and MME.

Third, premature hammer this early in the game while it would give us decent lead I believe there is much more to be learned from his responses and other people's responses to his response

Fourth in my opinion Most newbies shy away from dropping the hammer where as i have no problem and will do so depending Blue answers. I will dropp the hammer after i post my thoughts and the rest of the peole on the wagon have a chance to post their thoughts.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

I'm not sure if I agree with "if blue flips town, the person who hammered will have to answer for it". At this point in the game 5 people think he's worth of a vote. Tubby, startrans, rayfrost and me. There's also porkchop, but he's going off on guts at the time of his vote and hasn't read my or tubby's case yet. So, approximately half of the players thinks he's scummy (or to put it better: the most suspicious amongst us). To blame the one that hammers is hypocritical and counterproductive as it would lead to a fear of hammering and subsequentially less hammering.

Tubby unvoting isn't suspicious or distancing. Upon reading startrans' vote my first reaction was "must unvote". Not so much for the quickhammer, but if blue is indeed scum he might selfhammer to end the day. Which is far worse than a quickhammer.

I'm going to
Unvote
as well as I really want to prevent a self/quick hammer at this point. Do note that this still leaves blue in the range of a lynch because, if I read it correctly, tubby will vote him if his answers aren't sufficient or closer to deadline and I will do the same.

So despite taking my vote off, his feet are equally close to our fire as if my vote were still on him.

Strong HoS: BlueRaven
Eek
!
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:22 am

Post by PorkchopExpress »

@Ray:
I'll reread Ash and get back to you... and back. Ash is doing nothing to follow through on the few opinions that he has given. Given that he replaced in, I would understand, but he puts in plenty of fluffy posts right to the point of wondering out loud if he is posting too much.
Quick shift in the discussion of the direction: Do you think that Tubby's unvote was scummy?

@Ash: I want your take on Blueraven. Stat!

Ok, MME pretty much put up an in-depth version of what I was on about with Carrick and Blueraven. This (and MME's additional points) gives me warm fuzzies and it shouldn't really come as any surprise that I am on board with this argument.
Idle comments do not indicate a town mentality.

The second line of this post is a total deflection. The first line isn't any kind of defence at all.

@Blue: We are aware that the totally unqualified comment in your post is your opinion. The issue, regardless of how you'd like to frame it, is whether those opinions and the play in which they came up indicate scum or town alignment. You probably want to start addressing those accusations.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:27 am

Post by RayFrost »

PorkchopExpress wrote:@Ray:
I'll reread Ash and get back to you... and back. Ash is doing nothing to follow through on the few opinions that he has given. Given that he replaced in, I would understand, but he puts in plenty of fluffy posts right to the point of wondering out loud if he is posting too much.
Quick shift in the discussion of the direction: Do you think that Tubby's unvote was scummy?
Tubby gave a decent enough reason, and he's still on board for it. It wasn't a backpeddle - it was him ensuring that it was not possible to lynch blueraven before he could make a defense, accidentally or otherwise.

This desire to allow somebody to actually defend themself as well as avoid the issue of discussion being cut short is (imo) indicative of pro-town thinking. At the very least, he got a few more town points.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

PorkchopExpress wrote:Quick shift in the discussion of the direction: Do you think that Tubby's unvote was scummy?
Can I ask you the same question?
Eek
!
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:11 am

Sure. On its own, I think it was a bit over-cautious but not scummy. Regardless of replacements, this is still a Newbie Game and premature hammers happen. They also tend to be less useful than more discussion. I think the more important thing might be keeping an eye on where his vote goes from here.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Carrick16
Carrick16
Townie
Carrick16
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Carrick16 »

Ok, whoeevr accused me of lurking, and saying ive played the game before so I should know how important it is to be active.

Firstly, this game is completely different from the one I played, secondly, I have been busy. But i'll try and contribute more, I'll be honest and say i've only skimmed through the recent posts. Ive got nothing to hide so ill just say the truth.

Feel free to ask me questions, cuz I havent been active and theres stuff ive not read, but im willing to answer anything. And I have no idea who to vote really so i'll have to go through this long thread tonight.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:14 am

Post by RayFrost »

Carrick16 wrote:Ok, whoeevr accused me of lurking, and saying ive played the game before so I should know how important it is to be active.

Firstly, this game is completely different from the one I played, secondly, I have been busy. But i'll try and contribute more, I'll be honest and say i've only skimmed through the recent posts. Ive got nothing to hide so ill just say the truth.

Feel free to ask me questions, cuz I havent been active and theres stuff ive not read, but im willing to answer anything. And I have no idea who to vote really so i'll have to go through this long thread tonight.
What do you think of the case on blueraven?

opinion on tubby unvote?

opinion on suspicion toward you?
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:16 am

And, of course, anything you think is scummy.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:17 am

Post by RayFrost »

PorkchopExpress wrote:And, of course, anything you think is scummy.
Wait, wait... that needs to be said directly?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”