Newbie 838 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am

Post by BlueRaven »

sorry about that, mafia wont let me log in and im very busy on wednesdays. I dont get home till late on Thursdays.
RayFrost wrote:Gah @ the newbie slack. >.>

Fine, fine...

Blue should be posting, but it seems he's just going to let town lynch him without defending himself or claiming.
BlueRaven wrote:ok then, what questions do you want me to answer? and as for the claim? I claim vanilla town.
Oh and why the hell would i self vote? it seems to be the most stupid thing to do!

Doing more thinking, post back tomorrow or tonight if im lucky.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

BlueRaven wrote:sorry about that, mafia wont let me log in and im very busy on wednesdays. I dont get home till late on Thursdays.
lol, I was literally about to post a rant about your activity and then I clicked the preview button.

BlueRaven wrote:Oh and why the hell would i self vote? it seems to be the most stupid thing to do!

To end the discussion of D1.

And I'd rather have you answer tonight :)
With the deadline and all.
Eek
!
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 am

Post by purple princess »

BlueRaven wrote:Doing more thinking, post back tomorrow or tonight if im lucky.
Wow, you must have a lot of thinking to do if it is going to take you that long to post your thoughts! there isn't much reading from when you last posted, I don't think it would have taken you that long.
Also you were the one who bought up that deadline was a whole nine days away, surely if you want us to believe that you are town then you would have thought of something a little more substantual than you last post.

Honestly I think you are town and you heart isn't really in this game, I am unsure if we will have some kind of mircale before deadline, otherwise I can see that you may be the first to be lynched, which would be a complete waste if you do flip town.
david-villa-7
david-villa-7
Townie
david-villa-7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 am

Post by david-villa-7 »

Scum-o-Meter

Tubby216- 4. Seems town with the unvoted when Blue reached L-1, clearly doesn’t want a mislynch. Although apparently “active lurking so he doesn’t keep getting prodded”, he still is posting and by the time stamps he has been posting on a regular basis.

Startransmission- 5. Seems slightly scummy from the way he says “this puts him (BlueRaven) at L-1!”. To me it implies he wanted a quick lynch because of the time gap between the vote and the deadline, yeah we can lynch someone before deadline but in other games it is proved that longer days end up with a town win.

Purple Princess- 5, not much to take from. But from it I saw (in her most recent post) she voted for Carrick16 because he suspected crunchi but didn’t vote. Saying “For jumping on a really easy bandwagon” when he didn’t really jump on it, just suspected her.

Carrick16- 6. More active lurking here than seen in tubbys posts. Not much to take from his posts. Repeats himself in post, only a few posts with content.

MME- 6. First vote against RayFrost was a bit iffy. Vote against Crunchi was on but the way he said it, because the way they unvoted, a bit strange. Also gut instinct tells me he’s leaning towards being scum.

RayFrost- 6. Seems friendly at the beginning of game and gives me town vibes. Then later on he starts to lose his cool a bit and, to me, starts showing me a different side. A scum side. He votes BlueRaven “because he deserves to be on L-1”. I know you have suspected him for a long time but that sentence is a bit OTT.

Crunchi/PorkchopExpress- 7. Mostly because of crunchi lurking. Porkchop is looking slightly town but he needs to do a lot of talking to proof he is town, that’s if he IS town.

BlueRaven- 7. Mentions active lurking on tubby just coz he wanted to keep his vote where it was, doesn’t mean its active lurking, he could still post about the game just not voting anyone else.
Show
Finished games

Win/Loss
Town 0/1
Scum 0/0

[b][u]just so everyone knows ash is my RL nickname, david villa is a football (soccer)player[/u][/b]
david-villa-7
david-villa-7
Townie
david-villa-7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:26 am

Post by david-villa-7 »

*edit*

on tubbys analysis meant to say "Seems town with he unvoted"
Show
Finished games

Win/Loss
Town 0/1
Scum 0/0

[b][u]just so everyone knows ash is my RL nickname, david villa is a football (soccer)player[/u][/b]
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:37 am

Post by purple princess »

david-villa-7 wrote:she voted for Carrick16 because he suspected crunchi but didn’t vote. Saying “For jumping on a really easy bandwagon” when he didn’t really jump on it, just suspected her.
Maybe you need to re-read the posts Carrick16 and myself have posted. Carrick16 does say he will go for the Crunchi vote.
Carrick16 wrote:Think i'll go for the Crunchi/PorkchopExpress vote , before he/she got replaced the behaviour was questionable.
and then fails to place his vote, which I do mention in my post towards his actions.
pp wrote:
Carrick16 wrote: Think i'll go for the Crunchi/PorkchopExpress vote , before he/she got replaced the behaviour was questionable.

Why do you feel it necessary to jump on the crunchi bandwaggon, when she has been replaced? Do you not think that is a little unfair and maybe we should wait for a response from PorkchopExpress before voting for a new player?

I know you haven't placed your vote yet, but your above post suggested that you will.

VOTE Carrick16

For juming on a really easy bandwaggon without even analysing new peoples posts.
I don't see where in Carrick16's post that he just suspected her, otherwise he would have fos, wouldn't he? I can understand after myself bringing this up why he would then find it a little diffucult to actually place the vote on crunchi
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:48 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

david-villa-7 wrote: [tubby] clearly doesn’t want a
mislynch
What?

[bolded added for emphasis]
Eek
!
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:07 am

Post by startransmission »

david-villa-7 wrote:Startransmission- 5. Seems slightly scummy from the way he says “this puts him (BlueRaven) at L-1!”. To me it implies he wanted a quick lynch because of the time gap between the vote and the deadline, yeah we can lynch someone before deadline but in other games it is proved that longer days end up with a town win.
I pointed out that Blue was at L-1 to avoid a quick lynch, and I think that post made that clear. It happens sometimes that somebody will hammer a player without realizing it. I've done it once myself and lost the game for town in a lylo situation. It was also for Blues benefit that I pointed out the L-1, he needed to realize how close he was to being lynched, and hopefully take things seriously.
pp wrote:Honestly I think you are town and you heart isn't really in this game, I am unsure if we will have some kind of mircale before deadline, otherwise I can see that you may be the first to be lynched, which would be a complete waste if you do flip town.
What leads you to believe Blue is town? Is it just intuition? You seem pretty sure we're barking up the wrong tree, and I'm struck that you think that abandoning the Blue wagon would be a "miracle". Is there a specific town read you get from Blue that I'm missing?

Also, while a mislynch is always unfortunate, it's never a complete waste. Good info can be gleaned from any lynch no matter the outcome.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:53 am

Post by tubby216 »

My Milked Eek wrote:
mislynch
What?

are you pointing out the misrep there MME?

and agreed with starts assement we gain alot of informtion from a lynch no matter what the alignment of the lynchee is.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:58 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

tubby216 wrote:
My Milked Eek wrote:
mislynch
What?

are you pointing out the misrep there MME?

and agreed with starts assement we gain alot of informtion from a lynch no matter what the alignment of the lynchee is.
Yes, I find the word "clearly" in the context of a "mislynch" upsetting, especially when it's being misrepresented, I don't remember anyone bringing up a "mislynch" anywhere in the thread aside for the last posts of pp and ash. We were concerned about quick- and selfhammers, not mislynching. Makes me wonder where ash got that from.

And I agree with startrans, pp should show us these miraculous town tells.
Eek
!
Carrick16
Carrick16
Townie
Carrick16
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Carrick16 »

I am genuinely not lurking guys, I just have far too much on my plate at the moment, I am really sorry but I havent even been able to be online that much recently at all, let alone play this game the right way.

I'll have to ask to be replaced otherwise it isn't really fair on the rest of you guys.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:53 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Carrick16 wrote:I am genuinely not lurking guys, I just have far too much on my plate at the moment, I am really sorry but I havent even been able to be online that much recently at all, let alone play this game the right way.

I'll have to ask to be replaced otherwise it isn't really fair on the rest of you guys.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
That's unfortunate, but I admire your honesty. If you know someone, on site or in real life, who is able to take over for you, that'd be nice as it would save the mod some work.

Take care.
Eek
!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by RayFrost »

david-villa-7 wrote: RayFrost- 6. Seems friendly at the beginning of game and gives me town vibes. Then later on he starts to lose his cool a bit and, to me, starts showing me a different side. A scum side. He votes BlueRaven “because he deserves to be on L-1”. I know you have suspected him for a long time but that sentence is a bit OTT.
Soooo... wait.

You find me scummy because I'm no longer being "friendly?" I'm still as calm as ever. Mind pointing out where I "lose my cool" for me? Also, while you are at it, point out what is actually scummy. And btw... BlueRaven did deserve to be at L-1: he deserved the pressure of it.

@ MME: think the "mislynch" bit was either an attempt to subtly say tubby is scum or do you think it was a scum slip?
don't you feel silly now?
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Mmm, for a second there I thought that MME was going to say that Ash caliing the BlueRaven a mislynch indicated that he knew Blue's alignment. Which can certainly happen, but would be a pretty ambitious point.

@MME: So, running on the assumption that the misrep is scummy for a moment, what outcome is Ash's comment supposed to achieve?

@Rayfrost: How do you figure Ash's comment insinuates that Tubby is scum?
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PorkchopExpress wrote:@Rayfrost: How do you figure Ash's comment insinuates that Tubby is scum?
By saying tubby was "trying to avoid a mislynch," it would mean that tubby knew it was a mislynch. thus, he would have to be scum.

y'gitme?
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Mmmm... I see. How do you reconcile Tubby being the least suspicious player (to Ash) with such a theory?
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PorkchopExpress wrote:Mmmm... I see. How do you reconcile Tubby being the least suspicious player (to Ash) with such a theory?
A couple of possibilities, I guess:

Ash is scum trying to at once buddy with a townie and cast suspicion upon them

Ash is town and just worded it poorly

Ash is scum with tubby and thus puts him low and made a slip by accident.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

RayFrost wrote:@ MME: think the "mislynch" bit was either an attempt to subtly say tubby is scum or do you think it was a scum slip?
Seeing how Ash has tubby as "most protown" (at 4 mind you), I don't think he's trying to incriminate tubby.
RayFrost wrote:By saying tubby was "trying to avoid a mislynch," it would mean that tubby knew it was a mislynch. thus, he would have to be scum.
The funny thing is, there's only one way Ash would and could know tubby knew it would be a mislynch: they're both scum.
PorkchopExpress wrote:Mmm, for a second there I thought that MME was going to say that Ash caliing the BlueRaven a mislynch indicated that he knew Blue's alignment. Which can certainly happen, but would be a pretty ambitious point.
That was indeed what I was implying. I have obviously no way to prove that or bring any evidence to the table at all, but I find the use of those words odd in that context.
porkchop wrote:@MME: So, running on the assumption that the misrep is scummy for a moment, what outcome is Ash's comment supposed to achieve?
The mislynch comment you mean? Nothing really. Buddying to tubby, perhaps.
Eek
!
david-villa-7
david-villa-7
Townie
david-villa-7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by david-villa-7 »

with the "clearly doesnt want a mislynch" i was going to put after it "thats if he is town of course". i was half asleep when finishing this. GMT is the time zone i am in so if it makes it easier for you im active between GMT-16:00 and GMT-22:00, i posted the LoS at 23:00 and fell asleep shorlty after.
Show
Finished games

Win/Loss
Town 0/1
Scum 0/0

My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

That actually doesn't change the sentence.

"
Seems town with the unvoted when Blue reached L-1, clearly doesn't want a mislynch
. thats if [blueraven] is town of course."

You're talking about the intention of tubby, which was avoiding a quick/selfhammer while you said (and say) it was to avoid a mislynch.
Eek
!
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 pm

@Ash: Where did you get the idea that Tubby's concerns were about a mislynch? Was it just from his unvote? Did you not actually follow his reasoning?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:00 am

Post by RayFrost »

tubby216 wrote:ok well now that we have shown we are willing to lynch blue depending on his answers i will:

unvote

i do not want a quick hammer to screw up blue answering the afore mentioned questions..
Tubby's reasoning is bolded.

This is not a "mislynch" reasoning... it is "I want discussion to not be cut short" reasoning.

and the "if he is town of course" makes it seem like he is scum trying to cover up a scumslip...
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:22 am

Post by BlueRaven »

My Milked Eek wrote:
BlueRaven wrote:sorry about that, mafia wont let me log in and im very busy on wednesdays. I dont get home till late on Thursdays.
lol, I was literally about to post a rant about your activity and then I clicked the preview button.

BlueRaven wrote:Oh and why the hell would i self vote? it seems to be the most stupid thing to do!

To end the discussion of D1.

And I'd rather have you answer tonight :)
With the deadline and all.
my parants take my comp off of me at nights (cus of a cirtain mishap, dont want to go into detail) but sometimes they forget. I also have long school hours so that dosnt help.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
david-villa-7
david-villa-7
Townie
david-villa-7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:05 am

Post by david-villa-7 »

RayFrost wrote:
tubby216 wrote:ok well now that we have shown we are willing to lynch blue depending on his answers i will:

unvote

i do not want a quick hammer to screw up blue answering the afore mentioned questions..
Tubby's reasoning is bolded.

This is not a "mislynch" reasoning... it is "I want discussion to not be cut short" reasoning.

and the "if he is town of course" makes it seem like he is scum trying to cover up a scumslip...
whoops didnt see that post, but doesnt unvoting because he doesnt want a quick hammer seem town to you?
Show
Finished games

Win/Loss
Town 0/1
Scum 0/0

PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:30 am

That has nothing to do with what this discussion is about.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”