Newbie #840 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:25 am

Post by geekalicious »

Yes, I’ll agree with Sposh that we don’t need to vote for anyone until we come to an agreement about who the scum is. If we vote before we’re decided, the scum could just come in and hammer, thus ending the game.
Sposh wrote:WHY would someone kill SpyreX?
Speculation about the night kill isn't the best way to go... It tends to lead down a dark WIFOM laden path.
Sposh wrote:I don't like muh's rationale behind the vote, and I think geek has been coasting through the game, but I definitely find CooLDoG more suspicious from a rational point of view, whereas Spyre is only suspicious because of what Neto said.
I’ll go ahead and respond to the idea that I’ve been coasting through the game. Honestly, this is one of the fastest games I’ve seen. As an example, in my previous game to this one, we spent about 19 pages arguing and went almost to the first deadline (which would have been September 30th for us) before we lynched. I definitely try to be an active poster.
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 am

Post by muh316 »

Just the three of us remain. The thing is WHY would mafia kill spyrex if he was our main suspect. It would make sense if they killed one of us but Spyrex was unexpected. This has come to one last lynch. We lynch or We lose.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:12 am

Post by muh316 »

Can you two state why you think that you should be trusted as townies and not mafia. I want to hear what you have to say.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Sposh »

END OF RVS VOTES:

CooLDoG (1)
-
Netopalis

Sposh (1) -
SpyreX
SpyreX (1)
- Snow_Bunny

Netopalis (1)
-
DarkLightA

DarkLightA (1)
- Sposh

Not Voting (4) - muh316, geekalicious,
Santos, CooLDoG

MID DAY ONE VOTES:

DarkLightA (3)
- Sposh,
Netopalis
CooLDoG
CooLDoG (2)
- geekalicious, muh316
Netopalis (1)
-
DarkLightA

Not Voting (3) -
Santos, Snow_Bunny, SpyreX

END OF DAY ONE VOTES:

DarkLightA (5)
- Sposh,
Netopalis
CooLDoG, SpyreX
, muh316
CooLDoG (1)
- geekalicious
Sposh (1) -
DarkLightA

Not Voting (2) -
Santos, Snow_Bunny

END OF DAY TWO VOTES:

Netopalis (4)
-
Snow_Bunny,
Sposh, muh316,
SpyreX
Snow_Bunny (1)
-
Netopalis

Not Voting (2) -
CooLDoG,
geekalicious

END OF DAY THREE VOTES:

CooLDoG (3)
- SpyreX
, muh316, Sposh
SpyreX (2)
- geekalicious,
CooLDoG

I still think muh's random hammer at the end of day one is incredibly scummy, but I also find the fact that geekalicious was sitting out on Neto's lynch odd as well.
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 am

Post by muh316 »

Geek was never been voted for throughout this entire game. He has also been lurking a lot. He seems a bit suspicious as he has been staying on everyone's good side and not getting into serious arguements. He's playing a bit too safe. The inactivity and what I mentioned just puts the clues together. HE could be the one. He could be part of the mafia.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:04 am

Post by geekalicious »

Sposh wrote:END OF DAY ONE VOTES:
DarkLightA (5) - Sposh, Netopalis, CooLDoG, SpyreX, muh316
CooLDoG (1) - geekalicious
Sposh (1) - DarkLightA

Not Voting (2) - Santos, Snow_Bunny

END OF DAY TWO VOTES:
Netopalis (4) - Snow_Bunny, Sposh, muh316, SpyreX
Snow_Bunny (1) - Netopalis

Not Voting (2) - CooLDoG, geekalicious

END OF DAY THREE VOTES:
CooLDoG (3) - SpyreX, muh316, Sposh
SpyreX (2) - geekalicious, CooLDoG

I still think muh's random hammer at the end of day one is incredibly scummy, but I also find the fact that geekalicious was sitting out on Neto's lynch odd as well.
I already explained why I wasn't present on Day 2. I literally woke up that morning, then came to find Netopalis to be lynched that afternoon. Literally no time for commentary.
”muh316” wrote: Geek was never been voted for throughout this entire game. He has also been lurking a lot. He seems a bit suspicious as he has been staying on everyone's good side and not getting into serious arguements. He's playing a bit too safe. The inactivity and what I mentioned just puts the clues together. HE could be the one. He could be part of the mafia.
This goes back to the issue of being too town. What do you define as "playing too safe"? I've put votes out on people and stated my opinion as the game has gone on. So, are you going to go with voting for me specifically because I haven’t drawn a lot of suspicion? Or could you actually give me solid examples in the thread where I’ve been scummy?

I can’t post any more right now, but I plan to post my reads soon.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:27 am

Post by muh316 »

This goes back to the issue of being too town. What do you define as "playing too safe"? I've put votes out on people and stated my opinion as the game has gone on. So, are you going to go with voting for me specifically because I haven’t drawn a lot of suspicion? Or could you actually give me solid examples in the thread where I’ve been scummy?

I can’t post any more right now, but I plan to post my reads soon.[/quote]

You are being too pro-town. Which us leaving me to my suspicions. Most of the townies here have made many slips. You on the other hand have none.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Sposh »

I don't follow, muh. Just because someone is pro-town to the point of not being able to be faulted, it doesn't mean that's suspicious. You never explained your hammer, did you?

muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:41 am

Post by muh316 »

Sposh wrote:I don't follow, muh. Just because someone is pro-town to the point of not being able to be faulted, it doesn't mean that's suspicious. You never explained your hammer, did you?
I did explain my hammer

DarkLightA wrote:
EBWODP: I really enjoy really fast games. My first one completed day 1 in 2-3 days, with 520 posts.

This is what got me a bit suspicious as if he was telling us to hurry up with the game. Like he wanted to get someone out. Then after rereading the whole topic I just felt it in my gut

DarkLightA wrote:
I'm voting for you for acting town by posting lots of short posts.

This too. It seemed like he just wanted to get in a vote for no good reason.
You know that you were also part of that lynch. After that SB said that she was going to hammer anyway. DLA did not play well.[/quote]
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by geekalicious »

muh316 wrote:You are being too pro-town. Which us leaving me to my suspicions. Most of the townies here have made many slips. You on the other hand have none.
Oh, so you what, do you like the occasional scum slip out of someone to clear them as innocent, eh? Also, I note that you still haven't given any solid evidence on why you're suddenly finding me so scummy when I don't recall you expressing any suspicion before.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by muh316 »

geekalicious wrote:
muh316 wrote:You are being too pro-town. Which us leaving me to my suspicions. Most of the townies here have made many slips. You on the other hand have none.
Oh, so you what, do you like the occasional scum slip out of someone to clear them as innocent, eh? Also, I note that you still haven't given any solid evidence on why you're suddenly finding me so scummy when I don't recall you expressing any suspicion before.
Previously I had all suspicions on other users. I had thoughts about you but the others were much more important. At some times I completely forgot who you are.You were lurking.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by geekalicious »

muh316 wrote:Previously I had all suspicions on other users. I had thoughts about you but the others were much more important. At some times I completely forgot who you are.You were lurking.
Alright, so I'm getting strong accusations of lurking from the player that didn't show up until page 7 of the game? Uh huh. Additionally, you keep evading the request: Give me specific instances of me engaging in scummy behavior. If you don't have any evidence, then you're just pushing a case along for no reason which looks very scummy to me.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by muh316 »

geekalicious wrote:
muh316 wrote:Previously I had all suspicions on other users. I had thoughts about you but the others were much more important. At some times I completely forgot who you are.You were lurking.
Alright, so I'm getting strong accusations of lurking from the player that didn't show up until page 7 of the game? Uh huh. Additionally, you keep evading the request: Give me specific instances of me engaging in scummy behavior. If you don't have any evidence, then you're just pushing a case along for no reason which looks very scummy to me.
This is my first game and I had completely forgotten that I even signed up for mafiascum until i got a PM notification from iamusername.
I never said you were engaging in scummy behavior all I said was that you were lurking. Which MIGHT be what a scum does.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by geekalicious »

muh316 wrote:This is my first game and I had completely forgotten that I even signed up for mafiascum until i got a PM notification from iamusername.
I never said you were engaging in scummy behavior all I said was that you were lurking. Which MIGHT be what a scum does.
So, before when you said this:
what do mean by suspicions if you don't see aren't accusing me of undefined scummy behavior?
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by geekalicious »

EBWOP: what do mean by suspicions if you aren't accusing me of undefined scummy behavior?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by muh316 »

Its just a strong feeling I have in me about you. In this game you can't trust anyone. We trusted Neto and he turned out to be scum. I'm just trying to get this game somewhere. I havent voted yet so dont be worried.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Sposh »

Muh, you still hammered him after his claim. Why. Why would you hammer the claimed power role?

muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:41 am

Post by muh316 »

Sposh wrote:Muh, you still hammered him after his claim. Why. Why would you hammer the claimed power role?
I hammered him BEFORE DLA did the claim that he was doc.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:44 am

Post by geekalicious »

muh316 wrote:
Its just a strong feeling I have in me about you. In this game you can't trust anyone. We trusted Neto and he turned out to be scum. I'm just trying to get this game somewhere. I havent voted yet so dont be worried.
Claiming to have suspicions about me without summoning any solid evidence is scummy.
muh316 wrote:I hammered him BEFORE DLA did the claim that he was doc.
So, you're basically admitting that you hammered before you gave him an opportunity to clarify his claim?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:44 am

Post by muh316 »

geekalicious wrote:
muh316 wrote:

So, you're basically admitting that you hammered before you gave him an opportunity to clarify his claim?
Who would have believed his claim. Even if he would have made the claim nobody would believe him as most people thought he was playing scummy. I believe all of us agree that he was playing scummy.
Right now we have no proofs of anybody doing any scummy activity. This decision will be a hard one. Why don't all of us just put our FoS's.

FoS: Geekalicious
He just seems scummy. Its just a feeling. Sposh seems more like a town person. If sposh is town then of course it HAS to be Geek.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by geekalicious »

FoS: muh316

Since we've been in lylo, he's been throwing suspicion on me without producing any evidence when previously he never expressed any sort of suspicions. Coupled with the hammering and admission of being too lazy to read the thread earlier in the game, I just feel he's distinctly scummy.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by geekalicious »

Oh, and Sposh, most of this past page seems to be interaction between me and muh316. Could we get your opinion at the moment and FoS?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by muh316 »

geekalicious wrote:FoS: muh316

Since we've been in lylo, he's been throwing suspicion on me without producing any evidence when previously he never expressed any sort of suspicions. Coupled with the hammering and admission of being too lazy to read the thread earlier in the game, I just feel he's distinctly scummy.
The thing is that before most of my time went by focusing on NET, DLA and CD. They were my main suspicions. Sposh was out of my mind and so were you. Now that the two people who I LEAST expected can be one of the scum. The lazy part was referring to my personal college life not my in-game life. The hammer was explained.
You can vote for me if you wish but remeber that it might not be the best decision you make.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Sposh »

I'm observing the interactions at this point, and I'm waiting to see how it plays out. At this point, I'd vote muh over geek, but I'm still undecided, because I think muh has played scummy enough to where geekscum could paint him as a Mafia member quite easily!

geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:59 am

Post by geekalicious »

Sposh wrote:
I'm observing the interactions at this point, and I'm waiting to see how it plays out. At this point, I'd vote muh over geek, but I'm still undecided, because I think muh has played scummy enough to where geekscum could paint him as a Mafia member quite easily!
Not quite sure about your logic behind this.... You admit that muh316 has played scummy, yet somehow I'm the one painting him as scummy? Didn't he paint himself scummy through his actions?

Also, laying back and trying to see what interactions come out of lylo isn't exactly pro-town, Sposh. It makes you seem like scum that's opportunistically hovering.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”