Newbie 838 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:32 am

Post by startransmission »

I haven't been too sure on the Ash "mislynch" thing. When it was first brought up that Ash was misrepresenting by saying that Tubby was wanting to avoid a mislynch, and therefore knowing peoples alignments, and that Tubby would have to as well... well I wasn't too convinced. The simpler explanation seemed to me to be that Ash misunderstood Tubbys reasons for unvoting Blue, or perhaps just worded things poorly.

But I don't like his defense,
david-villa-7 wrote:with the "clearly doesnt want a mislynch" i was going to put after it "thats if he is town of course". i was half asleep when finishing this.
I agree with Ray that this looks like scum trying to cover up a slip. Pretty lame excuse here.
david-villa-7 wrote:whoops didnt see that post, but doesnt unvoting because he doesnt want a quick hammer seem town to you?
And this is the most troubling, because it seems to me Ash is outright lying. I don't buy for a second that he didn't see that post, that post was a large part of his summary on Tubby in his LoS. And then he attempts to change the subject, and doing so by pointing out how town tubby is.

Unvote, Vote: Ash
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:00 am

Post by tubby216 »

^ i agree with start here and i support his vote.

however blue has been unable to make a game related post and i would like him to do so.

i really don't want to let blue off the hook here. but the case on ash has alot of validity to it.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:01 am

Post by purple princess »

startransmission wrote:What leads you to believe Blue is town? Is it just intuition? You seem pretty sure we're barking up the wrong tree, and I'm struck that you think that abandoning the Blue wagon would be a "miracle". Is there a specific town read you get from Blue that I'm missing?
I just think it is my gut feeling right now that BlueRaven is town, I just have a slight feeling that maybe scum would be trying a little bit harder in this game and with posts like "doing more thinking will post back tomorrow if I'm lucky" just seems a little lacklustre, which makes me think he is just plain vanilla, I could be completely wrong, but that is just my opinion. I also didn't mean that abandoning the blue waggon would be a miracle, I just meant that if he isn't going to responed to peolpe voting for him before the deadline, without anyone making any 'slip ups' he looked like he would be lynched.

But after seeing his post that he has limited access, he could therefore still be scum.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:25 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

purple princess wrote:I just think it is my gut feeling right now that BlueRaven is town, I just have a slight feeling that maybe scum would be trying a little bit harder in this game and with posts like "doing more thinking will post back tomorrow if I'm lucky" just seems a little lacklustre, which makes me think he is just plain vanilla, I could be completely wrong, but that is just my opinion. I also didn't mean that abandoning the blue waggon would be a miracle, I just meant that if he isn't going to responed to peolpe voting for him before the deadline, without anyone making any 'slip ups' he looked like he would be lynched.
Gut feelings are still pinged or called on by something, could you elaborate on the posts your gut is calling him town over?

If you allow me to be suggestive and whatnot (cause that's how I roll), the context of the "blue = town" post is very eh. The context being that blue was at L-2 and that both tubby and I proclaimed our intent to hammer/lynch blue later on D1. The context leads me to the conclusion that that post was nothing more than a setup for a later "I told you so" post on D2, should we have lynched blue. The use of "gut" feelings on blue enforce this hypothesis in my opinion. Especially when the "gut" is in contrast with the cases laid out against blueraven.

So pp, I'd like you to:
- point out the posts which pinged/activated your gut
- point out where the cases are wrong

purple princess wrote:But after seeing his post that he has limited access, he could therefore still be scum.
How does being on LA imply him being scum?

All in all, your choice of words and "gut" in the context given, feels a lot like trying to leave yourself some wiggling room if blue was lynched.

david-villa-7 wrote:whoops didnt see that post, but doesnt unvoting because he doesnt want a quick hammer seem town to you?
Sure it does. But how is this relevant to what we're saying?
And as startrans said: you did see that post as it was the keystone of your townread on tubby.
Eek
!
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 am

My Milked Eek wrote:So pp, I'd like you to:
I think I have explained my reasoning for my thoughts on BlueRaven, cannot point out the posts which make me feel that way.
My Milked Eek wrote:How does being on LA imply him being scum?
I didn't say that, I meant that that havening a genuine reason for not being able to post may mean that he could be scum, but cannot defend himself as much as he would like.

Arggggh! right now I can feel myself going around in big WIFOM circles, As I am typing this I am kind of talking myself out of the whole BlueRaven = town
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

My Milked Eek wrote:
All in all, your choice of words and "gut" in the context given, feels a lot like trying to leave yourself some wiggling room if blue was lynched.

Sure it does. But how is this relevant to what we're saying?
And as startrans said: you did see that post as it was the keystone of your townread on tubby.
agreed on the bolded.
don't you feel silly now?
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

PP - 252 wrote:I also didn't mean that abandoning the blue waggon would be a miracle, I just meant that if he isn't going to responed to peolpe voting for him before the deadline
PP - 227 wrote:I am unsure if we will have some kind of mircale before deadline, otherwise I can see that you may be the first to be lynched, which would be a complete waste if you do flip town.
And we have a lie!

Also, reread post 252. PP (who has avoided really saying anything about Blue) spends a great deal of that post adding qualifiers to everything. It seems to me that she'd rather not get caught giving an explicit opinion on Blue.

@PP: Even though you (very quickly) threw in the towel in response to MME's request to explain your read, I'm not inclined to let you get away with not addressing the case against Blue. Actually reread the Blue discussion, and post some opinions on it. Who knows, you might even stumble across something that justifies your read along the way.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PorkchopExpress wrote:
PP - 252 wrote:I also didn't mean that abandoning the blue waggon would be a miracle, I just meant that if he isn't going to responed to peolpe voting for him before the deadline
PP - 227 wrote:I am unsure if we will have some kind of mircale before deadline, otherwise I can see that you may be the first to be lynched, which would be a complete waste if you do flip town.
And we have a lie!

Also, reread post 252. PP (who has avoided really saying anything about Blue) spends a great deal of that post adding qualifiers to everything. It seems to me that she'd rather not get caught giving an explicit opinion on Blue.

@PP: Even though you (very quickly) threw in the towel in response to MME's request to explain your read, I'm not inclined to let you get away with not addressing the case against Blue. Actually reread the Blue discussion, and post some opinions on it. Who knows, you might even stumble across something that justifies your read along the way.
Perhaps she is distancing from the lynch of her scum buddy or a townie?
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

PorkchopExpress wrote:
And we have a lie!
It's more backtracking and trying not to say anything explicitly on blueraven. As said: leaving some wiggle room.

porkchop wrote:Also, reread post 252. PP (who has avoided really saying anything about Blue) spends a great deal of that post adding qualifiers to everything. It seems to me that she'd rather not get caught giving an explicit opinion on Blue.
As said: wiggle room and word choice are throwing me off as well.
porkchhop wrote:@PP: Even though you (very quickly) threw in the towel in response to MME's request to explain your read, I'm not inclined to let you get away with not addressing the case against Blue. Actually reread the Blue discussion, and post some opinions on it. Who knows, you might even stumble across something that justifies your read along the way.
qft

purple princess wrote:
My Milked Eek wrote:So pp, I'd like you to:
I think I have explained my reasoning for my thoughts on BlueRaven, cannot point out the posts which make me feel that way.
That's not explaining, that's saying "idk that's just the way it is". Also, thanks for ignoring the second request.
purple princess wrote:
I didn't say that, I meant that that
havening a genuine reason for not being able to post may mean that he could be scum
, but cannot defend himself as much as he would like.
Once again, how does him being on LA imply that he is scum?

pp wrote:Arggggh! right now I can feel myself going around in big WIFOM circles, As I am typing this I am kind of talking myself out of the whole BlueRaven = town
I can tell. But we're not talking about any WIFOM, the WIFOM you're enduring is purely brought up and experienced on your end.
pp wrote:Perhaps she is distancing from the lynch of her scum buddy or a townie?
Odd sentence, but whatever. If she is distancing from the bluelynch (which she was nota bene), then I would say blue is town (yes despite the case I have against him).

At this point I'd rather much pursue pp or ash than blueraven. If not only because they are more responsive.

Vote: purpleprincess
Eek
!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by RayFrost »

How is it an odd sentence?

I consider distancing a possibility whenever I see something like this... perhaps because I don't have the proper definition for it?

Anyway, I think my vote is on ash... it's staying.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:53 am

Post by BlueRaven »

My Milked Eek wrote:
purple princess wrote:
I didn't say that, I meant that that
havening a genuine reason for not being able to post may mean that he could be scum
, but cannot defend himself as much as he would like.
Once again, how does him being on LA imply that he is scum?
Yes, i agree on this one. I cant see the logic you used behind this.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:19 am

Post by RayFrost »

BlueRaven wrote:Yes, i agree on this one. I cant see the logic you used behind this.
Hey Blue!!!!!

Why don't you respond to the case made against you? :D
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 am

Post by tubby216 »

RayFrost wrote:
BlueRaven wrote:Yes, i agree on this one. I cant see the logic you used behind this.
Hey Blue!!!!!

agreed
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:42 am

Post by BlueRaven »

RayFrost wrote:
Hey Blue!!!!!

which case? the one MME sorta already delt with? I already commented on it.
But just giving my opinion, if i were her? I would defend me cus less experienced players are easyer targets later on in games. I'd focus on a different target or a lier, implying the 'lynch all liers polocy' or that she dosnt like his move and 'lynch for lieing'. Then tonight i'd probobly kill off the IC or anyone who proposes a possible threat. (But at this case its probobly everyone, so that was just a WIFOM) Even if im dead and this happens this confirms my suspissions.
Just giving another pssibility (used in my first game).
Show
W/L

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:46 am

Post by BlueRaven »

Oh and i forgot to add:
vote: D-V-7
i dont like the way he puposly lied about that. On my scum-o-meter he's just been bumped to first.

Unoffical vote count

BlueRaven:Porkchopexpress, Rayfrost
david-villa-7: startransmission, BlueRaven
Carrick1: purple princess
purpleprincess: My Milked Eek
Show
W/L

purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:05 am

PorkchopExpress wrote:
PP - 252 wrote: I also didn't mean that abandoning the blue waggon would be a miracle, I just meant that if he isn't going to responed to peolpe voting for him before the deadline
2PP - 227 wrote: I am unsure if we will have some kind of mircale before deadline, otherwise I can see that you may be the first to be lynched, which would be a complete waste if you do flip town.

And we have a lie!
I don't see a lie here.
PorkchopExpress wrote:@PP: Even though you (very quickly) threw in the towel in response to MME's request to explain your read, I'm not inclined to let you get away with not addressing the case against Blue. Actually reread the Blue discussion, and post some opinions on it. Who knows, you might even stumble across something that justifies your read along the way.
No thanks, I have said all I have to say on this matter for now.
My Milked Eek wrote:Once again, how does him being on LA imply that he is scum?
I have already done this once thanks.
BlueRaven wrote:But just giving my opinion, if i were her? I would defend me cus less experienced players are easyer targets later on in games. I'd focus on a different target or a lier, implying the 'lynch all liers polocy' or that she dosnt like his move and 'lynch for lieing'.
Oh right is that what i am doing? I haven't used that tactic before, I must remember that one for my next game! Why on earth would I do that and put myself in this situation where no one elses believes me and I may be lynched if I was scum? Surely it is scums objective to try and stay alive for as long as possible?
BlueRaven wrote:Then tonight i'd probobly kill off the IC or anyone who proposes a possible threat.
You do realise if this now happens tonight all fingers will be pointing at you tomorrow don't you?
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:34 am

Post by BlueRaven »

not nesasarily. If i pointed it out and someone does it then its just another WIFOM.

I didnt say anything about jeperdising your self with that tactic.

btw im not sure where you come from, but its rude to be sarcastic from where im from.
Show
W/L

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Okaaaay...

did BlueRaven just vote for the other most suspicious player to save his own hide?

also, I thought my vote was on ash... :?
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

RayFrost wrote:How is it an odd sentence?

I consider distancing a possibility whenever I see something like this... perhaps because I don't have the proper definition for it?

Anyway, I think my vote is on ash... it's staying.
I just find it odd, I'll get back on it during an eventual reread later on.

No, you were right in a way, she was distancing, but not from BlueRaven, she was distancing from the bandwagon/(mis)lynch on BlueRaven, which is scummy.

RayFrost wrote:Hey Blue!!!!!

:D

BlueRaven wrote:which case? the one MME sorta already delt with? I already commented on it.
Halfassed answers and only to the half of my case. Retry please.

BlueRaven wrote:But just giving my opinion, if i were her? I would defend me cus less experienced players are easyer targets later on in games. I'd focus on a different target or a lier, implying the 'lynch all liers polocy' or that she dosnt like his move and 'lynch for lieing'. Then tonight i'd probobly kill off the IC or anyone who proposes a possible threat. (But at this case its probobly everyone, so that was just a WIFOM) Even if im dead and this happens this confirms my suspissions.
I don't even know what this is supposed to be or what you're saying.

BlueRaven wrote:Oh and i forgot to add:
i dont like the way he puposly lied about that. On my scum-o-meter he's just been bumped to first.
Great and then you go do the thing you say you'd do if you were pp.
purple princess wrote:I don't see a lie here.
Not a lie: backtracking.
pp wrote:
PorkchopExpress wrote:@PP: Even though you (very quickly) threw in the towel in response to MME's request to explain your read, I'm not inclined to let you get away with not addressing the case against Blue. Actually reread the Blue discussion, and post some opinions on it. Who knows, you might even stumble across something that justifies your read along the way.
No thanks, I have said all I have to say on this matter for now.
No you haven't. Vote's staying.
pp wrote:
My Milked Eek wrote:Once again, how does him being on LA imply that he is scum?
I have already done this once thanks.
No you haven't. You just rephrased your original statement.

LA = Limited Access = Genuine reason not to vote.

Now, again, why is Blue being on LA a sign of him being scum(my).

blue wrote:
BlueRaven wrote:Then tonight i'd probobly kill off the IC or anyone who proposes a possible threat.
You do realise if this now happens tonight all fingers will be pointing at you tomorrow don't you?
Meh.
Eek
!
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:34 am

Post by tubby216 »

MME i like you vote and and case on pp. but since ash kinda dissapeared when start started asking questions i'm gonna

vote: ash

and i'll to it this

F.O.S PP

i susposed i am willing to let blue slide for now since i believe ash and pp have alot more to answer for at them moment.
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:01 am

Post by BlueRaven »

RayFrost wrote:Okaaaay...

did BlueRaven just vote for the other most suspicious player to save his own hide?

also, I thought my vote was on ash... :?
from what i gathered you FoS'ed him but not voted for him.
Show
W/L

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:09 am

Post by RayFrost »

Yup... >.<

unvote, vote: David-villa-7

FoS: BlueRaven
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:47 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

EBWOP: "
LA = Limited Access = Genuine reason not to vote.
" ~ me in #268
Vote should be "post", sorry.

BlueRaven wrote:from what i gathered you FoS'ed him but not voted for him.
From what I gathered, you still didn't reply or do as requested.
Eek
!
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:45 am

Post by PorkchopExpress »

BlueRaven's posts about pp are mind-bendingly strange.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
david-villa-7
david-villa-7
Townie
david-villa-7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:23 am

Post by david-villa-7 »

BlueRaven wrote:Oh and i forgot to add:

Unoffical vote count

BlueRaven:Porkchopexpress, Rayfrost
david-villa-7: startransmission, BlueRaven
Carrick1: purple princess
purpleprincess: My Milked Eek
Lied about what?
Sorry about inactivity, internet provider was being a bit cocky and cut us off.
Also what do you want me to answer and i will do so
Show
Finished games

Win/Loss
Town 0/1
Scum 0/0

[b][u]just so everyone knows ash is my RL nickname, david villa is a football (soccer)player[/u][/b]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”