Newbie 838 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Nikanor »

@Mod: For whom was BlueRaven voting yesterday? Your final vote count lists him twice.

his final vote yesterday was for Ash
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Nikanor »

For one, I think that startransmission is pretty much cleared, thanks to the BS vote rusty put on him at the beginning of day one.
I'm going to look over voting patterns to see if I can find anything. Until then... wait, I guess.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Nikanor »

Nikanor wrote:Until then... wait, I guess.
Unless you actually want to do something. That's good, too.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:03 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Nikanor wrote:
Nikanor wrote:Until then... wait, I guess.
Unless you actually want to do something. That's good, too.
Well, if you don't mind...

:P
Eek
!
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:11 am

Post by purple princess »

Welcome to the game Nikanor.

VOTE Nikanor

Wow that was a quick lynch, and a very lucky one aswel. I think that it was a little unfortunate that Carrick16 asked for a replacement when he did, if he was david-villa-7's scum buddy surely he would have stuck up for him a little bit towards the end of the day, no one wants their scum buddy to be the first to lynched.
Also looking back on Carrick's post's I have noticed someting which unsettles me a bit.
Carrick16 wrote:Rustyshark - Extremely shaky first post which points towards him being a goon unless he has friggin aspergers syndrome.
Imo this seems like he is distancing himself towards Rusty/david saying that he must be scum so early on in the game, I guess if anything was going to be bought up later on in the game he could refer back to this that he had always had his suspicions towards his scum buddy.

Also I am guessing that RayFrost was night killed as it was only myself and him that had suspicions towards Carrick16, but as I had drawn a lot of attention to myself on day one, I would be #1 suspect for day 2 and would be pointless if I was dead.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:50 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

purple princess wrote:Wow that was a quick lynch, and a very lucky one aswel.
Quick? We used up 18 of the 21 available days.

pp wrote:I think that it was a little unfortunate that Carrick16 asked for a replacement when he did, if he was david-villa-7's scum buddy surely he would have stuck up for him a little bit towards the end of the day, no one wants their scum buddy to be the first to lynched.
So, is this one of the reasons you're voting nikanor?

pp wrote:Also looking back on Carrick's post's I have noticed someting which unsettles me a bit.
Carrick16 wrote:Rustyshark - Extremely shaky first post which points towards him being a goon unless he has friggin aspergers syndrome.
Imo this seems like he is distancing himself towards Rusty/david saying that he must be scum so early on in the game, I guess if anything was going to be bought up later on in the game he could refer back to this that he had always had his suspicions towards his scum buddy.
Let me go out on a limb here and assume that he didn't mean "goon" as in "mafia goon" but as in idiot. Keep grasping.
pp wrote:Also I am guessing that RayFrost was night killed as it was only myself and him that had suspicions towards Carrick16, but as I had drawn a lot of attention to myself on day one, I would be #1 suspect for day 2 and would be pointless if I was dead.
Wrong again, I too suspected carrick16. Not as much as I suspected you, ash or blue. Also, can you point out the post(s) where RayFrost accused carrick? Or to put it better, where he suspected carrick more than Blue/ash.
Eek
!
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 am

Also, just notced that rustyshark's vote in RVS is for Carrick, maybe nothing but the reason for voting for him seems a little odd to me.
rustyshark wrote:
Vote: Carrick16
for trying to make it look like you're
not
trying too hard.

Maybe nothing, But I am unsure why you would say something like that, it reads to me as he is saying try not to lurk. kind of like a hidden message to his scum buddy.

@ MME, sorry, yes reading back other people have been suspicious towards Carrick16, I am just trying to find reasons to why RayFost was night killed, also sorry that you are so quick to disguard my ideas.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:35 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

purple princess wrote:Also, just notced that rustyshark's vote in RVS is for Carrick, maybe nothing but the reason for voting for him seems a little odd to me.
rustyshark wrote:
Vote: Carrick16
for trying to make it look like you're
not
trying too hard.

Maybe nothing, But I am unsure why you would say something like that, it reads to me as he is saying try not to lurk. kind of like a hidden message to his scum buddy.
OR he could be saying that to reference this post:
Carrick16 #019 wrote:
vote RayFrost
for trying a bit too hard.
You sure use a lot of "if's" and "would have's" in your accusations towards the now-replaced carrick. It's ok to speculate about what could have happened, if it's relevant to the situation, but it's not ok if you base your whole (or most of it) suspicion of carrick/nikanor on it.

pp wrote:@ MME, sorry, yes reading back other people have been suspicious towards Carrick16, I am just trying to find reasons to why RayFost was night killed,
Meh. Useless speculation at this point. If you want to analyze nightkills, do it on a later day when killing patterns and scum motivations are more clear and present.

pp wrote:also sorry that you are so quick to disguard my ideas.
I'm bored. Sue me.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:38 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

purple princess wrote:Maybe nothing, But I am unsure why you would say something like that,
it reads to me as he is saying try not to lurk.
kind of like a hidden message to his scum buddy.
Can't believe I overlooked:

Not to lurk? On page 2? When carrick's last post was made +-12 hours before that post?
Eek
!
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by startransmission »

Ah, always nice to bag scum right off the bat. So we have a 50/50 chance of there being a cop and doctor.
Nikanor wrote:If we have a cop, he should reveal himself now. We pretty much automatically win in that case, as the doc will protect him every night without fail.
The doctor SHOULD NOT CLAIM, however.
Welcome Nikanor. I have to disagree with you here. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it's wise to give the mafia anymore info than necessary. If there is a cop then a claim should only be made when they are at L-1, or if they have a guilty result that would end the game.

I'm leaning towards MME and Tubby's opinions regarding PP. None of her arguments against Carrick have convinced me... and her vote against Nikanor rubs me the wrong way. I noted how she seemingly distanced herself from Ash when the votes started to go against him- though to be fair she was busy debating with MME.

I'm mostly concerned with Blue though. I don't like his vote, it seems he saw which way the wind was blowing, and wanted to avoid being the hammer. I usually analyze the L-2 vote more than the hammer, depending on circumstances. His reason for voting Blue was borrowed, he didn't really discuss or mention the Ash wagon before he voted for him, and in fact that post and most surrounding it are little more than fluff.

FoS: Blue Raven

It's worth noting that Ray (rip) while voting for Ash, also FoSed Blue in the same post. Blue never responded to that. Blue never really responds to anything. And 263 bugs me to no end.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by tubby216 »

^i agree with your post. But i feel PP is the correct lynch for today, but we definately need to hear more from ray and we need to hear it soon
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

pp's start of the day is not promising. So far she's tried to excuse he absence on a bandwagon by calling it a "quick lynch", gone out on a precarious limb, and tried to introduce WIFOM into the discussion.
pp - 304 wrote:I think that it was a little unfortunate that Carrick16 asked for a replacement when he did, if he was david-villa-7's scum buddy surely he would have stuck up for him a little bit towards the end of the day, no one wants their scum buddy to be the first to lynched.
This doesn't make any sense to me. You seem to be saying that it's unfortunate that Carrick asked for replacement because it suggests his not scum, and then you vote for that slot anyway.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:51 pm

tubby216 wrote:^i agree with your post. But i feel PP is the correct lynch for today, but we definately need to hear more from ray and we need to hear it soon
I'd like to hear more from Ray too, but I wouldn't hold your breath, Ray is dead.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Startransmission wrote:Welcome Nikanor. I have to disagree with you here. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it's wise to give the mafia anymore info than necessary. If there is a cop then a claim should only be made when they are at L-1, or if they have a guilty result that would end the game.
Actually, it's much better to have the cop claim at this point. Think of it this way: the cop investigates someone every night. Even if the doc dies tonight, if the cop saves his investigation until tomorrow, we'll have two confirmed innocents. How is that not beneficial?
The thing I'm worried about is that if we have a cop, he might not get doc protection and he might die before giving us his results. That's why I think it is better for the cop to claim now.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I just popped in to say that, now I'm going to bed.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by tubby216 »

startransmission wrote:
tubby216 wrote:^i agree with your post. But i feel PP is the correct lynch for today, but we definately need to hear more from ray and we need to hear it soon
I'd like to hear more from Ray too, but I wouldn't hold your breath, Ray is dead.
sorry to many games and gawd damn ray is in all of them.

what i meant to say is i would like to hear from blue, damnit i suck
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Yeah, I'm not liking that Blue has dropped off the face of the earth since pp stuck her head out.
Vote: BlueRaven.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
BlueRaven
BlueRaven
Goon
BlueRaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:11 am

Post by BlueRaven »

Sorry guys, been realy busy recently. Im organising a party too. I'll get bk to you tomorrow or the day after.
Show
W/L
town: 0/1
scum: 0/0

Some thing has come up. I wont be bk for a month or 2. I've replaced out of all my games. D: sorry guys...
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:26 am

Post by tubby216 »

^le sigh
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:07 am

As frustrating as it is, pp's silence is scummier.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:58 am

Sorry for my silence, but I don't really have much to add right now. I would like to ask Nikanor though, Please could you post your opinions on all players, also who you think is scum right now.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:35 am

BlueRaven wrote:Sorry guys, been realy busy recently. Im organising a party too. I'll get bk to you tomorrow or the day after.
Not holding my breath.

And Nikanor, I agree with PP. A LoS or something of the like would be helpful.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:53 am

BlueRaven wrote:Sorry guys, been realy busy recently. Im organising a party too. I'll get bk to you tomorrow or the day after.
If you don't have the time for this game, maybe you should ask for a replacement?
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Blue, pp has a point. If you can't actually make time for the game then you are doing a serious disservice to everyone else in it. Play or replace out.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

purple princess wrote:Sorry for my silence, but I don't really have much to add right now. I would like to ask Nikanor though, Please could you post your opinions on all players, also who you think is scum right now.
Yeah, sure, you don't have to reply to post 307 and 308. It's not as if I directed those two posts solely at you.

Nice deflection onto Nikanor, though. I appreciate the move.

And do the same as you requested from Nikanor, because I do not see any opinion on your end at all.

startransmission wrote:Ah, always nice to bag scum right off the bat. So we have a 50/50 chance of there being a cop and doctor.
Nikanor wrote:If we have a cop, he should reveal himself now. We pretty much automatically win in that case, as the doc will protect him every night without fail.
The doctor SHOULD NOT CLAIM, however.
Welcome Nikanor. I have to disagree with you here. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it's wise to give the mafia anymore info than necessary. If there is a cop then a claim should only be made when they are at L-1, or if they have a guilty result that would end the game.
If there is a cop, then he
should
claim. It eliminates a player and an eventual other player. It also makes sure the doc will protect the cop during the night. The downside to this is that the scum knows who is cop and sub-sequentially who isn't the doc. This is a small sacrifice imo.

startrans wrote:I'm leaning towards MME and Tubby's opinions regarding PP. None of her arguments against Carrick have convinced me... and her vote against Nikanor rubs me the wrong way. I noted how she seemingly distanced herself from Ash when the votes started to go against him- though to be fair she was busy debating with MME.
Doesn't mean anything unless it's proven that pp's attention span is really small.
startrans wrote:I'm mostly concerned with Blue though. I don't like his vote, it seems he saw which way the wind was blowing, and wanted to avoid being the hammer. I usually analyze the L-2 vote more than the hammer, depending on circumstances. His reason for voting Blue was borrowed, he didn't really discuss or mention the Ash wagon before he voted for him, and in fact that post and most surrounding it are little more than fluff.

FoS: Blue Raven

It's worth noting that Ray (rip) while voting for Ash, also FoSed Blue in the same post. Blue never responded to that. Blue never really responds to anything. And 263 bugs me to no end.
It's not because Rayfrost is a townie, that he is right in his suspicions. But yes, we do need to hear from blue or he needs to replace.
Eek
!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”