Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Tarballs »

Well, uhm, I certainly wasn't expecting a hammer yet. Judging from MiteyMouse's reactions, it seems we nailed the last scum, but I want to see confirmation on that first. :(
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Sanjay »

Well, judging from your reactions I think you are all townies, so I think we're good.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:49 am

Post by KittyMo »

If MiteyMouse comes up scum in both games she just got lynched in, I'm going to be creeped out, since she'll then have been scum in 3/3 of her games with me. o.O I'm going to have to start random voting her every time we play together. :)

And sorry I played so badly, Sanjay...I misunderstood most of what you said, so I kinda freaked out at what I thought you were implying.

I'm going to PM Myk and ask him to give us the lynch scene.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:51 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

I already PMed him Kitty! Now, I should get some sleep...I'll be back later!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Sanjay »

I just wrote up my somewhat lengthy explanation of why I ended the day early and in case it is not sufficient I preemptively ask for town forgiveness.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:26 am

Post by mykonian »

am I so late?

sorry then, had a busy day.

but now then, this...

you were so sure, it suddenly went so fast...

and now here, miteymouse lies, dead. No longer breathing, playing, or having fun.

with a skull, brutally smashed by a hammer...

how funny.

but was she scum?

YES

Miteymouse
mafia goon
was lynched. Town wins!

Further, thanks to all the replacements who really got this game going, you were awesome. And, well, this town was scumhunting very well, seen that there were no powerroles left. Although the hammers seemed premature, they were on target.

To the people I asked from the newby queue: this was a real game, but not really a crazy one, that are played as themed game. The setup was normal. Only the fact that there could be talking outside of the thread made it themed. In another themed game, the setup might be a little crazier.

Further, I can't really see it, but how was daytalking used?
Last edited by mykonian on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Sanjay »

YES YES YES YES YES!!!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Sanjay »

Daytalking would have been really exciting if town hadn't killed the silencer day 1. With everyone able to talk normally, it just made more sense for all communication to be done in the thread.

Here is why I ended the day early:

While I was pretty sure MiteyMouse was scum, I wanted to figure out who was scum if she wasn't.

I was convinced KittyMo was town. Between the Locke tracking and Starbuck's post-hammer rant, there was just too much that didn't make sense with KittyMo as scum.

If KittyMo was town and MiteyMouse was town, scum had to be either Tarballs or ODDin. Neither of you had done anything scummy and had no associative tells I could see with Starbuck. I figured the only way to divine your scumminess is put you in a situation that would be uncomfortable for scum.

The only difference I could see at this point is that town was looking for one lynch while scum needed two. Either Tarballs or Oddin as scum would be very comfortable at this point, since a lynch of MiteyMouse and KittyMo would be fairly easy to secure. So I decided to show the town why KittyMo was obviously town and a bad lynch candidate and see who started awkwardly trying to find a new lynch candidate.

Then I realized I was an idiot. I was awkwardly trying to find a new lynch candidate. Looking for one was a perfectly normal town reaction and I couldn't differentiate between town and scum because of it.

I realized the best way to figure out who the scum was was to have a three person endgame with KittyMo in it. I did not like town chances in an ODDin-Tarballs-Sanjay matchup.

Of the possible KittyMo matchups, KittyMo-Sanjay-Scum appealed to me the most. For three reasons:

1) I felt like I was least likely to lynch KittyMo. I couldn't figure out ODDin and Tarballs feelings towards KittyMo without putting her in more jeopardy than I already had.
2) If ODDin was scum, I didn't like my chances of convincing KittyMo I was the townie. But I thought I had a better shot than Tarballs because I felt KittyMo might be less inclined to vote for me after she somewhat unjustly FoS'd me.
3) I like living.

While I had already jeopardized my prefered endgame by trying to show KittyMo was a bad lynch candidate, I thought I might be able to salvage it by ending the KittyMo discussion right there and ending the day in an anti-town manner.

Again, town, I'm sorry for ending the day early. But I hope you will resent me less if you know I actually did put some thought into it and wasn't just acting out of impatience or frustration or whatever motivates most quick hammers.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:11 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Wow guys...good Game!

When I got the PM asking me to play I was flattered and excited! I replaced in even though I had a lot of games going on. Then I got my PM...Scum...Yay..I love being Scum!! With no other info and a dead partner...oh oh! I exchange a few PMs with Myk wondering about the reasons for kills from my previous incarnation...nothing. My last post was a "this is a case of swim tubby swim if ever I saw one"...hehehe!

Sanjay...I was doing well until you came along! I watched as you slowly broke apart the wall around me. Nice work!

Kitty...I'm so proud of you! This was a very different Kitty than I first played with and I say again, you make your first IC very proud! Oh and you have no experience with it but, I do gt Town roles...hehehe!

ODDin and Tarballs...it was nice to meet you and I do hope we gat to play again!

This was a fun, if not a bit slow paced game and I had a great time here!

Thank you Myk for hosting us!
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:14 am

Post by ODDin »

I think daytalking would've worked better if killing someone would've made his neighbours neighbours, instead of just disconnecting them. That is, the cirlce would've always remained a circle, only a smaller one.
Or, just have everyone able to talk to everyone.

The most obvious option to use daytalking is if you're a cop and you find out somebody's town, and you then claim to them in PM, thus trying to form small alliances.
All the while scum also claim to people in PM they're cops. :)
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:14 am

Post by ODDin »

Anyways, good game, I really had fun. Look forward to playing with all of you again. :)
Myk, thanks for the hosting. )
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 am

Post by ODDin »

BTW, Tarballs, I seem to remember you also ran a similar setup. Is that game over yet? If it is, how did the daytalking go there?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Sanjay »

I agree that daytalking might have worked better if everyone always had two neighbors. With the mafia being able to cut people off with night kills, if you guys hadn't lynched the silencer people could have been left unable to talk by any means, and that isn't really so fun.

The idea of people only being able to talk through others seems way fun though.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:42 am

Post by mykonian »

ODDin wrote:I think daytalking would've worked better if killing someone would've made his neighbours neighbours, instead of just disconnecting them. That is, the cirlce would've always remained a circle, only a smaller one.
Or, just have everyone able to talk to everyone.

The most obvious option to use daytalking is if you're a cop and you find out somebody's town, and you then claim to them in PM, thus trying to form small alliances.
All the while scum also claim to people in PM they're cops. :)
yes, should have done that. Tarballs did in his game, and it works better. Further, the tracker didn't do what you proposed :(
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Sanjay »

Thanks, MiteyMouse! I feel like the game was mostly out of your hands by the time you joined. Everyone was doing such a great job of being pro-town getting two mislynches must have looked impossible. And Starbuck and Locke Lamora hadn't done you any favors by clearing MonkeyMan.

KittyMo: MonkeyMan comes off crazily scummy and it couldn't have been easy defending him. You did misread me one time, but besides that I think you did a great job.

ODDin and Tarballs, you two did a great job of appearing pro-town. I was so terrified of figuring out which one of you was scum if MiteyMouse had been innocent.

Myk: Thanks a lot for inviting me! It was great to just pop in after all the hard work had been done and hammer somebody.

I look forward to playing with all of you again, and that goes double for all the people that were out of the game before I joined. I'd especially like to play with MonkeyMan. Knowing he can be so scummy as town would make for challenging scumhunting.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Tarballs »

About time I survived a game. This game became so much more enjoyable after Sanjay replaced in, so thank you for that. Although I'm a bit sad that this game ended so soon, I don't know how I could've lived through the stress of a 3 player lylo, so this works too.

I became more convinced about Kitty's innocence towards the end, as she kept dropping those 'desperate town' tells. I always had a bit of suspicion on ODDin after that slip incident, but I'm glad I didn't start tunneling on him like I almost did. Henrz/Sanjay was obvtown.

Thanks, mykonian, for hosting!
BTW, Tarballs, I seem to remember you also ran a similar setup. Is that game over yet? If it is, how did the daytalking go there?
The game is still ongoing and it has nighttalking instead of daytalking. That's pretty much the only thing I can say at this point.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

I did have my analysis and stuff all ready to be posted, and when I came in to see that I was hammered (scum or not). You guys just weren't going to get it. This was my first game playing a neighbors style game, and I was pretty disappointed with the way everything went on day 1.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:32 am

Post by ODDin »

Starbuck, first of all, let me assure you that none of us wanted to quickhammer you like that. I'm sure even Monkey simply didn't realise what he was doing.
Also, the neighbour thing sadly didn't have much impact on the game, but I think it could've been really cool, we just needed more ability to talk.

Personally, I tried talking with my neighbours a bit, but it didn't really go anywhere. Which is understandable, as they were both VTs. Plus, at D3 they were both dead.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:11 am

Post by KittyMo »

Was Locke the only town power role?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:15 am

Post by mykonian »

KittyMo wrote:Was Locke the only town power role?
yes, he was.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:23 am

Post by KittyMo »

Did he actually track me? (:

"plz don't swear" -- N
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:00 am

Post by mykonian »

yes, he did, N1. Night two he tried to track tarballs.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sanjay wrote:KittyMo: MonkeyMan comes off crazily scummy and it couldn't have been easy defending him. You did misread me one time, but besides that I think you did a great job.
I think I played this game OK, yeah. Being expected to defend MonkeyMan was not easy, because...I'm not him. My misread on you was horrible. I have this tendency when I'm attacked to misread everything the person attacking me is saying or just be like "sure, those are good reasons, go ahead and attack me even if I could prove my innocence."
Sanjay wrote: I was convinced KittyMo was town. Between the Locke tracking and Starbuck's post-hammer rant, there was just too much that didn't make sense with KittyMo as scum.
When did you decide I was town, or did you think I was town the entire time you attacked me?
Sanjay wrote: Of the possible KittyMo matchups, KittyMo-Sanjay-Scum appealed to me the most. For three reasons:

1) I felt like I was least likely to lynch KittyMo. I couldn't figure out ODDin and Tarballs feelings towards KittyMo without putting her in more jeopardy than I already had.
2) If ODDin was scum, I didn't like my chances of convincing KittyMo I was the townie. But I thought I had a better shot than Tarballs because I felt KittyMo might be less inclined to vote for me after she somewhat unjustly FoS'd me.
3) I like living.
I have no idea who I would've lynched if someone besides MiteyMouse was scum. Most of Day 3, I had the gut feeling that Tarballs was town, though I know I didn't mention that in thread.
MiteyMouse wrote: Kitty...I'm so proud of you! This was a very different Kitty than I first played with and I say again, you make your first IC very proud! Oh and you have no experience with it but, I do gt Town roles...hehehe!
:oops: Thanks. I would like to play with you when you're a townie, though. I think that'd be fun. Also, you forgot to claim cop this game, MiteyMouse. :P

Anyway, Sanjay, sorry if I was mean to you. I have this tendency to get annoyed with arrogant people, but as the game went on, I think you actually do have the game play to back it up. I think the whole town did a great job scumhunting, though. :)
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Great job, everyone. I kept tabs on this throughout and it was quite frustrating to read when you were debating whether I'd tracked Monkey or not; in hindsight maybe I should have left more clues, but you figured it out so no harm done. It was very satisfying reading when Sanjay figured out that it didn't make sense for me not to have tracked Monkey. I probably focused a bit too much on Spinach and Tarballs on D2, so I apologise for that one. Thanks to those who replaced in and helped get this one to the end as well as everyone who made it through the whole game, and thanks to myk for modding! I agree that the neighbour mechanic would have worked much better if you'd had two to talk to the whole game.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

One more thing: Fluffy, if you're still about, what was the reason for killing me?
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”