Newbie 838 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

Blue wrote:ok, im back. Sorry about that....
Do you have anything to say...?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:33 am

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

purple princess(3): tubby216, My Milked Eek, Porkchopexpress

Nikanor(1): purple princess

Not Voting(3): Nikanor, BlueRaven, startransmission

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:42 am

Post by startransmission »

BlueRaven wrote:ok, im back. Sorry about that....
Happy Birthday!

Vote: BlueRaven
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:57 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Nikanor wrote:
Blue wrote:ok, im back. Sorry about that....
Do you have anything to say...?
*cough**cough*
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

And before you say it:
That one post was ok, but it was only about pp. Who is conveniently at L-1. And suspected by more than half of the remaining players.

Do a LoS please.
Eek
!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Nikanor »

MME wrote:
And before you say it:
That one post was ok, but it was only about pp. Who is conveniently at L-1. And suspected by more than half of the remaining players.
I didn't say I was done talking. In fact, I said I was going to review Blue's posts as well.
So don't give me that.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Ah, blue eh?

Conveniently the second person of the suspects?
And I'll give you that until you did your LoS.
Eek
!
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 am

Post by PorkchopExpress »

Nikanor's stone-throwing from the porch of his glasshouse is racking him up some scum points, in my estimation.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Nikanor »

Porkchop wrote:Nikanor's stone-throwing from the porch of his glasshouse is racking him up some scum points, in my estimation.
Does that mean my porch is made of glass, too? That would get pretty hot in the summertime... (easy to clean, though).

I'm working on that LoS now.
purple princess
purple princess
Goon
purple princess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:54 am

Post by purple princess »

Okay after having a re- read through the game I have kind of come up with a player analysis.

So far I get town vibes from startransmission, tubby and My Milked Eek, they seem to be active players who post logical questions and reasoning. I just get no scum suspicions from their posts so far.

Both Nikanor and BlueRaven have posted very lttle which makes it very hard to get any kind of read on them. Nikanor has been apart of this game for over a week now, but still hasn't really commented on anything which happened in the game before he joined, I also understand that most people think my vote isn't valid one but I would have thought he would have passed some comment on it by now.
blueRaven wrote:ok, im back. Sorry about that....
Don't just tell us your back, do something about it! post or ask for a replacement.

I have some doubts about PorkchopExpress being town at the moment, sorry some of this is from crunchi's play, But I guess it is worth a mention.

Back on day 1 I see that crunchi and rustyshark are kind of sticking up for one another albeit very subtle.

Crunchi start off by saying....
Crunchi wrote:rustyshark's "So come on, you scum out there. Start making mistakes so we can lynch you." made me think he might be, but then a big deal was made out of it and it lost it's sparkle.
This is in response to her lurking, not a lot of pressure was placed on rustyshark at this point, and imo I get the feeling she wanted to let town know oh yeah was thinking that aswell.

She then mentions her suspicions towards startransmission which is totally OMGUS because she says that he seems to turn everything scum related. He hasn't even been in this game for that long and his posts are only really directed at her lurking at that point.

A few post after this Rustshark posts this...
Rustyshark wrote:Considering Crunchi's gut reaction to this accusation, I'm leaning toward town for her. Scum overanalyze their posts and plan elaborate strategies for making themselves look townish, while town just react emotionally to being accused of scum, and don't consider whether or not it would make them look bad.
And then progresses on to actually vote for startransmission, is this a case for scumbuddies?

Once PorkchopExpress joined the game he slipped into the disscusions easly about myself and BlueRaven being scum, as these had already had some weight behind them. He does question ash but not too much, I am unsure if this is deliberate, also was this a hidden message towards ash?
PorkchopExpress wrote:@Ash: I want your take on Blueraven. Stat!
also in the same post he puts off his read of Ash.
PorkchopExpress wrote:I'll reread Ash and get back to you... and back.
The only thing which I am having doubts about is that he was the one to actually hammer Ash in the end, maybe this was because he is town and thought that he was scum, but he dosen't really comment much on Ash's play before placing the final vote on him, which leads me to believe that he done this on purpose as no one would suspect him as ash's scum buddy, would they? after all he was the one who hammered him. I think he placed his vote onto Ash, as Ash looked certain to be killed with or without his vote and I guess if he votes for Ash no one would suspect him.

VOTE PorkchopExpress
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:06 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Interesting actually.
Eek
!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

Upon reading Blue in iso, I realised I really don't have that much of a problem with him. For those of you who don't know me, I unconsciously am harder on people with bad grammar when reading through.
That said, there are a couple things I want to point out.
In post 139, BlueRaven wrote:how would u know who town are? The only way to know that, this early on, is to be scum your self!

FoS My Milked EEk

to early to tell atm, we shall have to wait and see...
This is a really crappy accusation.
Also, I wonder what he's waiting for. Waiting to see if a wagon builds on MME before he votes, perhaps.
In post 180, BlueRaven wrote:I am a catious voter and dont throw my vote around like there is no tomorrow
Six iso posts later, Blue votes DV7 'out of the blue,' if you will. Having not mentioned DV7 in his previous posts, Blue justifies his vote with this:
Blue wrote:Oh and i forgot to add: vote: D-V-7 i dont like the way he puposly lied about that. On my scum-o-meter he's just been bumped to first.
That's all I have on Blue for now.

@Blue: TALK! You can start by adressing the things I have mentioned in this post, if you want to be given things to talk about.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by tubby216 »

prod recieved i really have nothing to add,

skimed pp post,

so i will
unvote

i wanna have enough time to look over it,

but right now proir to my read i would be happy with either pp's or blue's lynch
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Oh, and I am about halfway done my tubby iso now, but I'm too lazy to finish it.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Tubby has like 25 posts and it takes you 2 hours to read 12 of them?

If I wasn't so serious about pp I'd be voting you.
Eek
!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Nikanor »

MME wrote:Tubby has like 25 posts and it takes you 2 hours to read 12 of them?
Actually, it only took me about an hour, but I posted 363 after realising I had been distracted and was probably not going to get back to it tonight.
Laziness and procrastination is my issue here, MME. You're not likely to get more than one iso read out of me each day, no matter how much you threaten to vote me.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

While you aren't breaking it, rule 2 is about making a commitment to this game and the other players. You're telling me it's going to take you another 4 days to comment on everyone? 8 if you're doing everyone in halves? You do realize we have a deadline right?
Eek
!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Nikanor »

MME wrote:
While you aren't breaking it, rule 2 is about making a commitment to this game and the other players. You're telling me it's going to take you another 4 days to comment on everyone? 8 if you're doing everyone in halves? You do realize we have a deadline right?
I do realise we have a deadline. I'm also conscious of the fact that it is two weeks away.
If I had posted all my content last week, as soon as the thread opened, do you know what we'd be doing right now? We'd be waiting for our lurker Blue to show up and actually provide some content for once. Since I didn't post all my content a week ago, though, that's not the case. Now we're waiting for Blue and Nik to post content. How is that any different than if we were waiting for Blue to speak? The only difference is that I'm here for you to reprimand, while Blue is off in his own world doing who-knows-what.
Also, don't go citing the rules to me. I've made a commitment to the game and to the players in this game, yes. However, I do not feel that commitment extends to doing something I do not particularly enjoy (i.e. working for six hours on PBPAs to get together the proper material for a LoS).
And above all, citing rules makes you look facetious. So don't do it.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:42 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Nikanor wrote:I do realise we have a deadline. I'm also conscious of the fact that it is two weeks away.
And this is a poor attempt at trying to justify your laziness.
Nikanor wrote:If I had posted all my content last week, as soon as the thread opened, do you know what we'd be doing right now? We'd be waiting for our lurker Blue to show up and actually provide some content for once. Since I didn't post all my content a week ago, though, that's not the case. Now we're waiting for Blue and Nik to post content. How is that any different than if we were waiting for Blue to speak? The only difference is that I'm here for you to reprimand, while Blue is off in his own world doing who-knows-what.
And you try to justify your non-activeness by hiding at the non-activeness of others. Great move.

You know, we could have posted about your posts and contents while waiting for Blueraven to post. Instead of having to wait on blueraven
and
on you to post.

You're trying to excuse yourself by using very lame reasons. Don't.

nikanor wrote:Also, don't go citing the rules to me. I've made a commitment to the game and to the players in this game, yes. However, I do not feel that commitment extends to doing something I do not particularly enjoy (i.e. working for six hours on PBPAs to get together the proper material for a LoS).
And above all, citing rules makes you look facetious. So don't do it.
Citing the rules does not make me look facetious (had to google that word). Citing the rules was meant to make sure you understand you're wasting our time by postponing and postponing.

We've been asking for your opinions on everyone, so far you've posted two analysis'. And I have to say the fact they're on blue and pp, and halfassed to that extent, isn't convincing me of your protownness.
Eek
!
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:07 pm

What a fun debate Nikanor and MME are having! It's actually rather amusing, and I agree with MME more often than not. I'm not blown away by Nikanors analysis so far, though I think it's a good thing that they are on the two top lynch candidates at this point. I'm interested in his analysis of Tubby.

PP's post was good enough for me to downgrade her even further on my scum meter. It's an interesting post, and she brings up a few points that I like. I'm not entirely convinced that PorkChop bussed Ash, but it is food for thought.

My vote for BlueRaven stands stronger than ever. I really do think he is the right lynch for today.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:09 pm

And now Blue is getting replaced. I'll unvote when the replacement comes in...
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
PorkchopExpress
PorkchopExpress
Goon
PorkchopExpress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by PorkchopExpress »

pp's argument on me is an amazing work of mental gymnastics that deftly avoids the content of the posts it uses.

The whole secret message thing is pointlessly bizarre conjecture. Then we hit misrep territory...
purple princess - 359 wrote:also in the same post he puts off his read of Ash.
PorkchopExpress wrote:I'll reread Ash and get back to you... and back.
Yes, I put off my reread of Ash... to the next sentence! Did you even bother to read beyond that. You know, to the part where I give my analysis of Ash's ever-so slender play. Here's the rest of the Ash stuff.
PorkchopExpress wrote:@Ray:
I'll reread Ash and get back to you... and back.
Ash is doing nothing to follow through on the few opinions that he has given. Given that he replaced in, I would understand, but he puts in plenty of fluffy posts right to the point of wondering out loud if he is posting too much.
Here's the full post.

And there's the hammer. Well, I'll note that you chose to totally ignore the fact that hohum stuffed the vote count (leaving Ash at L-2) and that you've done a dramatic flip from believing that scum would stick up for each other to believing that scum would gladly hammer their partner and made this change without any tangible evidence on my vote, or my comments surrounding Ash.

pp seems a pretty sure lock for scum at the moment.
"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being The Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:40 am

Post by tubby216 »

took some time, re-read and i have decided

vote: purple princess
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

In post 45, bigmc109 wrote:The only thing that really sticks out to me as suspicious is rusty's line about scum making mistakes. I think Echo put it best when he said that's one of those lines that scum would say to make themselves seem increidbly pro-town. But it's also such a small thing that if rusty doesn't give us
more
scumtells, he won't even be a suspect.
Eh? Scumslip already?
I think the thing that makes this really significant is that he simultaneously says that what rustyshark did was a scumtell, but also says it is an insignificant one.
In post 114, tubby216 wrote:lookin at start and d-villia the earn my F.O.S. currently
What does DV7 do that earns your obviously well thought-out FoS?
If you don't state a reason with your FoS, it just looks like distancing.
In post 160, tubby216 wrote:1) alow me the chance to veiw you reaction. wich in my opinion you reacted poorly, and soo i may even bring a case to get you lynched.
A case which was never written.
In post 190, tubby216 wrote:
startransmission wrote:
tubby216 wrote:ok well now that we have shown we are willing to lynch blue depending on his answers i will:

unvote

i do not want a quick hammer to screw up blue answering the afore mentioned questions..
Not sure how I feel about this Tubby. Of course we are willing to lynch
anybody
based upon their answers. This makes me wonder if you placed a vote on Blue to distance yourself, and as soon as he's at L-1 you felt you had to back off. He hasn't even had a chance to respond while at L-1. And what if he is hammered prematurely? If Blue flips town the person responsible will have much to answer for, and give us a potentially excellent scum lead.
ok,
1)
First blue was talkin about having doubts that we would lynch anybody due to activity. Once he hit L-1 that was disproven.

2)
Second, the guy i replaced put the vote on him and I left it there, Due to what i seen from his posts wich was well outlined by me and MME.

3)
Third, premature hammer this early in the game while it would give us decent lead I believe there is much more to be learned from his responses and other people's responses to his response

4)
Fourth in my opinion Most newbies shy away from dropping the hammer where as i have no problem and will do so depending Blue answers. I will dropp the hammer after i post my thoughts and the rest of the peole on the wagon have a chance to post their thoughts.
1) This has nothing to do with anything. It's fluff, unless I'm missing something.
2) In iso 4 tubby said he was, 'comfortable leaving my vote where it is for now,' and in iso 7, he said, 'If you haven't noticed i am voting you, wich means i would you to be lynched.' In point two here, tubby is trying to pass blame onto his replacee after stating multiple times that he would like Blue to be lynched.
3) This is simply not true. Either we a) accidentally quicklynch town and get a decent lead on the scum, or b) accidentally quicklynch scum, in which case we would use his reactions and whatnot to try to find his partner. However, this point is badlogic as opposed to craplogic, and is therefore a nulltell.
4) In his opinion he thinks that most newbies shy from the hammer. Why does he feel the need to unvote, then? Surely he doesn't expect an experienced player to quicklynch. This is a lie, and a scummy lie at that.
In post 224, tubby216 wrote:well MME if you look at Blue in iso you'll see he was averaging three posts per day in this thread. then once we all confimed that we would lynch him if his anawer don't jive. he claimed then posted once on wed.

it could be nothing but then agian it might be.
Classic fencesitting.
In post 233, tubby216 wrote:
MME wrote:
DV7 wrote: [tubby] clearly doesn’t want a mislynch.
What?
[bolded added for emphasis]
are you pointing out the misrep there MME?
How does tubby not see the scumslip? This is a big scumslip of tubby's. If it were misrepresentation, as tubby says, it would mean that tubby wants the opposite of what DV7 claims tubby to not want. That being a mislynch.
So basically, thanks to the wonder of semantics, tubby admits to wanting a mislynch. Hooray!
In post 251, tubby216 wrote:i really don't want to let blue off the hook here. but the case on ash has alot of validity to it.
Mhmm.
In post 269, tubby216 wrote:MME i like you vote and and case on pp. but since ash kinda dissapeared when start started asking questions i'm gonna

vote: ash
tubby has to be sure to get on the ash wagon. His reason for hopping on the wagon is crap, though, considering he let Blue go without a vote for doing the exact same thing all throughout day one.
In post 296, tubby216 wrote:
vote purple princess

for reasons stated yesterday, 1 she never voted for ash, 2 she was listed as middle of the road on ash's los.
What is this? What happened to your suspicions for Blue?
And from what I can read, your 'reasons stated yesterday' was MME's case.

That's tubby's play on day one and the early hours of day two. A bit longer than Blue and pp.
Since I missed my analysis-of-the-day yesterday, I'll be giving you folks a double feature today. It'll be up in around five hours. Enjoy.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:55 am

Post by hohum »

BlueRaven has requested replacement

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”