BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:21 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Max wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:Let's skip the RVS,
Vote: BloodCovenent.
Rules wrote:You cannot vote for yourself by choice.
Consider this your first warning
Shoot 0.0 I apologize. I missed that.

Why so quick to jump on the bandwagon?

FoS: SW, Mufasa and Lowell.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:31 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Unvote:
Vote: Snow White
For stating the bandwagon.

@Mod, if i'm not allowed to vote for myself, why did you include me in the Vote Count?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:48 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

My Milked Eek wrote:Look at the count again. Everyone starts with a vote for him/herself.
Yep... In the rules.
Max wrote:
Rules

3. Vote in the following format
Vote: <Insert Name>
, you must always have a vote on somebody,
if you do not vote it shall be placed on you.

4. Unvoting is not necessary, in fact, it is pointless, if you do unvote you
MUST
place a vote on someone else.
If you do not, your unvote is invalid
Oh... I think I get what happened.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:52 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Sorry, I should have noted a V/LA for the weekend. I was working heavily on a paper.

I will get a post up tonight, answering everyone's questions. Sincere apologies.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

I hope this helps you guys!
almightybob wrote:
Covenent, why did you want to skip the RVS and start a wagon on yourself? Of course, you could just be scum, cutting to the chase. Please do explain.
One of my more recent games, the RVS lasted for five pages, and yielded no information. I was tired of the random BS floating around. And from now on, when entering games, I will either policy vote one of two things when beginning a game. Kise, and myself. Why would scum want to get themselves lynched?

@All who are voting me solely on me voting myself.

-To you, is there a difference between RVS voting myself to get discussion going, or me self-voting when I am being pressured, and am close to a lynch (obviously self voting out of frustration).
Snow White wrote: Secondly. Why call for a bandwagon and then FoS myself, Mufasa and Lowell for obliging you. ;)
It was just how quick you were to mindlessly jump on the wagon. Not even questioning why I would do such a thing. You didn't even question me before voting, which somewhat surprised me. Out of the three of you, no one questioned me. I should have probably FoS'd MME, and EC, but... meh, it was a little late I guess.
saberwolf wrote:my vote was to see if any reactions occured. Also, if you happen to be scum and I start to tilt the BW your way, then it would be interesting to note what happens if the opposing BW is a scum or town one, and what scum do to prevent their member from being lynched. If I feel you are town or don't think the BW is worth pursuing, I can always take my vote off later.
Good job on the pressure vote. you waited what... 41 minutes to see if it worked. You should have at least waited a day.
Wickedestjr wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:Why so quick to jump on the bandwagon?

You pretty much claimed to be scum. Now people vote you, and you FoS them for it. Are you trying to discourage them from voting?
I have only ever seen scum self vote once, where as I have seen town self vote two-three times. So how exactly did I claim scum?

Sanjay wrote:I get somewhat of a town vibe from Mufasa. He seemed to quite easily put the third vote on the BloodCovenent wagon which seems like kind of a scary place for scum to tread. Plus I think his frustration with BloodCovenent seems townish to me. I am getting a town vibe on My Milked Eek for similar reasons.
How do you get frustration from this?
Sanjay wrote:
BloodCovenent is of interest to me. He invites a wagon on himself and then casts huge suspicion on everyone that joins him. It's like he doesn't get his own joke. I guess that could have been his plan all along (be bait and see who bites), but it seems like bad town play. I know it is often wrong to equate bad town play with scumminess, but I do get a sort of scum vibe from BloodCovenent's play so far.
I feel as if you're misinterpreting my reasons for to self voting. And in fact, if I had read the rules, I probably would not have done what I did (because I was already self voting :p so shouldn't that golden rule have been used on everyone else :) ), instead I should have voted "no lynch," to start discussion.
Sanjay wrote: Mufasa's vote looks pro-town to me because to me it reads like "weeeee, let's bandwagon" where as Lowell's reads more like "okay".
And that looks like frustration.....yea....
Wickedestjr wrote:
I'm talking about where you cast a second random vote. Why did you cast a second random vote? Do you think it helps?
I would rather a player cast several (beyond two) random votes, than not vote at all.
Snow White wrote:
Saber wrote:
Snow White wrote: (no one get cute, ive
yet
to see a RVS where one of the bandwagons is scum)
trying to convince us that randomly landing on scum the first day never happens.
I have NEVER said "i have NEVER seen a RVS where one of the BW are scum" I said i have YET to see one. Do not twist my words Saber.

Frankly, why are you holding BC to being scummy when clearly what he wrote he wrote as a joke. Is your humorous missing?
1. I'm going to side with Snow on this one. It feels as if you were trying to manipulate her words Saber.
2. How do you know I wasn't being serious. I did want to skip the RVS. And in a sense I did. I cause 4-5 Players to start off a game with their "serious" vote.
Snow White wrote:My vote is staying because im infuriated.
Arrogance is scummy.
But it's not a scum-tell. It may be scummy in a tentative sense. but it doesn't mean that he has to be scum. A good scum-hunter can be cocky too. Hell, I was in Kubrick Mafia.
saberwolf wrote:
I'm not twisting. Lets put this in an easier example: My family has never won the lottery. It is still accurate of me to say, "I've yet to see any of my family win the lottery".This implies that my family had never won the lottery.

You said you've yet to see scum get RVS BWed, which means you've never seen it happen before.

NEVER = YET
Yes you are, because you didn't take into account all of the
other mafia games
where scum have been RVS bandwagoned.

Getting pro-town reads from

-Saber (aside from the twisting of Snow's words)
-AlmightyBob
-Sanjay

Neutral- scummy actions

-wikedestjr - Lack of real content. Just feels like he's asking dumb questions, that aren't really helping the town that much
-Snow - Voting out of anger only hinders the town, because you are blinded by your bias, therefore thinking clear can be harder. I'm not exactly listing you as scum. However your behavior is not pro-town, but I don't have a complete read on you.
-All of the lurkers! Me included too! :twisted:

The rest, I have Neutrals on, for the most part.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

My Milked Eek wrote:
MrSuave wrote:@MMK: is it wrong to state how I decided my vote? I was attempting to be funny, because I had not yet made such a post.
It seemed very... forced and out of place.
In the sense that I (personally) felt that we were out of the RVS, I would agree with you MME.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:54 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

saberwolf wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:

saberwolf wrote:my vote was to see if any reactions occured. Also, if you happen to be scum and I start to tilt the BW your way, then it would be interesting to note what happens if the opposing BW is a scum or town one, and what scum do to prevent their member from being lynched. If I feel you are town or don't think the BW is worth pursuing, I can always take my vote off later.
Good job on the pressure vote. you waited what... 41 minutes to see if it worked. You should have at least waited a day.
Please explain what you mean by this. My vote is still on Snow White.
If you're going to give a pressure vote, then actually put some pressure on the player. When you vote someone, and label it a "pressure" vote almost immediately after the action, it denotes the purpose. A better pressure vote would have been waiting at least a few hours.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:35 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Sanjay wrote:BloodCovenent, I think you are misunderstanding why I got a pro-town read on Mufasa. It's not because of his choo chooo post (though I found that post oddly endearing). It is because of this post.
Actually, I think I see what your saying, but I don't think I could find frustration from that post. At least, I wouldn't label it as that.

Sanjay wrote: 1. That post also was the first to ask the question that pretty much sums up why I voted for you. I thought you were inviting a wagon on yourself to see how people react. It seemed kind of odd that you would then automatically turn around and cast suspicion on all the people that were helping you out.

2. Could you explain what exactly was your intention with the self-vote, if not to form a wagon?

3. Also, why exactly do you have a pro-town read on me, especially when you think I have this bogus town read on Mufasa?
1. I felt as if they just rather jumped on hastily. They didn't really take time to question it, they just jumped on it carelessly, IMO.

2. I attempted to start a wagon on my to start discussion. It somewhat worked. I had no intention of lynching myself. Which I would consider to be the difference between someone else justifying their vote on me (after I already self voted), and me voting myself in the RVS. I think I already stated this, but if I had read the rules, I would have voted no lynch. Solely to start discussion. Not because I wanted no lynch, or a quick night. I know that having a lynch day one, whether it be a town, or a scum lynch yields profitable information.

3. I get a townish read from you somewhat off of gut read, and also your interactions between Wickedestjr. Although I disagree with what your are saying about mufasa, that doesn't mean you aren't trying. Where as others are not, imo. Its the same thing with my townish read on Saber, I feel as if Snow was correct in their spat, but I feel that saber is acting pro-town.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

I will get a post up today, I have been very busy writing papers. Sincere apologies.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Sorry, a little late :(

-Wouldn't that make my self vote a null-tell then? hmm.. touche, however he seemed to cave rather fast. And I felt I was in much more a dire situation.
-
Wickedestjr wrote:

BloodCovenent wrote:It was just how quick you were to mindlessly jump on the wagon. Not even questioning why I would do such a thing. You didn't even question me before voting, which somewhat surprised me. Out of the three of you, no one questioned me. I should have probably FoS'd MME, and EC, but... meh, it was a little late I guess.
Why would they need to question you?

BloodCovenent wrote:I have only ever seen scum self vote once, where as I have seen town self vote two-three times. So how exactly did I claim scum?
Well, I thought your post meant, I'm scum, let's skip the RVS and vote me, and I thought that was how you were intending to get through the RVS. What message were you trying to get across with that post, and how were you actually planning to get through the RVS with it?

BloodCovenent wrote:I would rather a player cast several (beyond two) random votes, than not vote at all.

...yes and why?

BloodCovenent wrote:1. I'm going to side with Snow on this one. It feels as if you were trying to manipulate her words Saber.
I'm assuming you're explaining this after Snow White does. Am i right?
1. IMO, so they can justify their vote. And actually something that I regret, is self voting so early. I robbed the town of proper bandwagoning in an aspect.
2. I hope the first part was sarcastic. As for getting through the RVS, where I pointed out that I thought there was a lack of questioning, I think there should have been more.
3. Because it shows that a player is putting pressure onto other players. The more pressure the better.
4. Ahh... I dunno (referring to answering after snow). It's twisting her words, in that Yet and Never
can
be inter-changeable words, however, in such situations as this
, I don't think they should be
. Therefore, he is twisting her words.
-So you initially thought that Snow was scummier than me, but you needed someone to clarify?
FoS

- Just speculation, but Mr. Suave could just be trying to pressure SolemnJ.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:58 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Welcome Reck.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Sanjay wrote:Are you aware of the theory that the third vote on a wagon is scum, Snow White?
Dude, That's just a rule of thumb of where to start scum hunting. It's not a proven fact.

Vote: AlmightyBob

I don't find it as IIoA.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:58 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Starbuck wrote:
On BloodCovenent

Why would you not read the rules and self-vote when it blatantly says not to? You have the first post in the entire game.

Anyone notice how quiet BC got?
I'm sorry, this just feels hypocritical.

I've been more quiet because i'm in three large games, and two normal games. I'm still learning my limits.

almightybob wrote:
@BC: I was pretty clear that the IIoA comment was based on an incredibly superficial scan. I read a few random lines, and saw things like this:
Snow White wrote: BC unvotes himself and votes for me for "starting" the bandwagon.
[...]
Snow White and Dramonic talk EoS
MME and Cookie ask about EoS.
Snow White says we need to get off the subject of the avatar.
Saber jokes "Avatar avoidance = Scum"
[...]
MrSwauve joins.
[...]
The general consensus by page 4 is that Snow White has been misunderstood.
[...]
Builds a case on me post 116.

I state i was infuriated, which, i was cause i felt my words were being twisted.

Almighty Bob votes for Snow White.
Etc etc.

I have re-read the post thoroughly, and clearly my first impression was indeed harsh. It's not IIoA, it's sort of a timeline with running commentary.

Your vote for me, if that's all it's based on, is Weak with a capital W.
Granted. Calling out something as IIoA, when it really isn't, is scummy. Yes i noted that you decided that based on a skim read, however you shouldn't have noted anything until you actually took the time to read it, instead of just skimming. when you read with haste, and make not of things that may not be accurate, scum tend to jump on those things.

Vote: SolemnJ

-Lurker, and anti-town posting when he actually posted.
Wickedestjr wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
Vote: AlmightyBob

2: I don't find it as IIoA.
Before you found him to be townie. Now you have switched based on just that?

*Scum read on BC strengthens slightly.*
That never phased you as a pressure vote, since I disagree that Snow's post is IIoA, where as you think that it is?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:06 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Starbuck wrote: So you have an excuse for your lurking....hmmm....
And what does that mean? Yea, I do, isn't it better than those kids that lurk, don't give reasons and such. Who is it, Lowell and SolemnJ? Their last posts were 11, and 14 days ago respectively. They both have less than 4 posts too. I would like to think that I have been more active then both of them.

Starbuck wrote: And how is it hypocritical? I think you used the wrong word there.
You called me out for not reading the rules regarding self voting, where you tried to unvote just a post down.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:09 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

thats what we're talking about dude.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:38 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Starbuck wrote:I realized it after the fact, and fixed it, but my point on your not reading the rules is the fact that you had THE FIRST POST in the game and failed to see that.
You think that because i was the first post that I must have read the rules? No, I didn't read them in great detail, so much that I missed that one aspect of not being able to vote for myself. How often, when starting a game do you start by reading all of the rules? before anything else? Did you read the rules before you posted your first post? Even after you noted me for not looking at the rules?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:56 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Reck, is this what you are referring to? About me missing what your questions/statements to me are? Because I don't exactly know what you want me to say, regarding that post. That seems like it's more of a statement, and not so much a question.

As for self voting, i've done it before, I thought I went over this with Zazie already, well, at least who i've learned it from. Mainly because I tend to think that the RVS stage drags out, and it could have potentially gone for several pages. I've seen a mini normal game last for 5 pages because no one was serious. However, in this game, I think my attempt at a self vote was a little premature, anyways.

Also, if you feel that I have missed questions, please point them out to me, and I will be more than happy to answer them.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:06 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

xRECKONERx wrote:Do you think you are playing in line with your meta? Can you point to other times when you've acted out of character in the RVS to push the game along?
Only in ongoing games, so no. It's a meta that i'm actually working on building up.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:37 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Catching up now. I had a really long, bad, awful weekend. I'm gonna shoot for a post tonight.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:30 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

almightybob wrote:BC: You're at L-2 with about 4 days to go before deadline. Claim ASAP please.
I take it you'd like me to skip my analysis and previous questions asked? And just claim?

I'm a cop.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Starbuck wrote:So this is what bothers me about both claims....neither said "Town Detective" which I would think if they were, they would claim the flavor to a "T".

I'm leaving my vote on BC because he seems to just be trying to save himself at the last minute. While SW's claim was rather scummy too, BC just seems to be saying anything to keep himself from a lynch.
This is an open set up, so anyone really knows the flavor to a "T".
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Starbuck wrote:So why would you say "Town Cop" and not "Town Detective" when that's one of the reasons most people are skeptical about Snow White's claim?
Because those two roles are nearly identical.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Starbuck wrote:So why would you say "Town Cop" and not "Town Detective" when that's one of the reasons most people are skeptical about Snow White's claim?
Well, I guess I see your point, my role has a cop like ability. But the extra guess part, I wasn't looking forward to.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Starbuck wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
Because those two roles are nearly identical.
That doesn't excuse the fact that the ROLE in this game is DETECTIVE and not COP.
But the thing that you may fail to realize, is that...
1. it's been a while since i've checked my PM, until recent, of course.
2. I haven't been the most active, leaving this game near the end of my to do list.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Starbuck wrote:Why are you leaving the game at the end of your to do list when we can all go to your profile and do a search of your posts and see you active elsewhere?

You ARE avoiding this game. It's blatantly obvious.
Because it's been generally boring for me. I'm not sure why. I was more enthusiastic about it before the game started. Originally I was just in to replace, but when I saw that there was little interest in it, and it was re-opened, i felt obligated to /in instead of /in to replace.

Yea, my excuses are lame, I just have had difficulty getting into it, especially with what's going on at school and stuff.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:47 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

-Snow, if you're the cop, why didn't you vote me?

-As for kubrick and Mafia 97, I was just more interested in the game, it wasn't at a time where I was back-logged for several days.
- You want links from me as scum? I have two games that I can remember. My fist game, a Newbie, and a Bird 7p set up I think, But i ended up getting replaced out of the Bird set up because of some player issues.
- Snow actually thinks that there could be two cops in this game, there are not.

-Almighty Bob, The likely hood that Snow is fake claiming, is just as much as I could be fake claiming.

- A no lynch is out of the question. I would rather you lynch me, than no one.

-
DeathNote wrote:
Unvote

Snow and BC both have claimed a cop-like role...
This is inherently scummy.

More to come after lunch.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

BAH: Go Scum. Ironically, i don't like playing as scum.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

That was a BAAD game for me. I signed up for to many games and screwed myself over.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”