BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:06 am

Post by BigBear »

I was gonna say, when did Zaz get in this game, and why is he voting me...
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:06 am

Post by BigBear »

Btw, welcome Zazie.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:15 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Looker wrote:I
the way Cookie's playing. It's new and exciting and it puts the up-tights on edge, but that's just me...

I know you like it. You did it when you replaced one of my newbie games.
^_^
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Peabody »

Grrrr. FC is being replaced???

Way to dodge my questions :(

Hey, Looker, can you expound more why you like EC's play. What specifically do you like about it? I found your post as strange and ill-placed.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 am

Post by ZazieR »

Here ^.^ Will read this game one of these days. I'm learning how irritating a sore throat can be ._.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

Peabody wrote:Grrrr. FC is replaced???
Fixed, btw. The replacement has already arrived.
Ignore the ''R''
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 am

Post by BigBear »

ZazieR wrote:Here ^.^ Will read this game one of these days. I'm learning how irritating a sore throat can be ._.
what does that have to do with typing >.<

also. You better not lag behind in this game. :)

Please :D
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:31 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Welcome to the game, Zazie!

@ all - I'd like to apologize for not being as active as I'd like, here in the next couple days I should kick back into gear.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Looker »

Peabody, unlike Far_Cry, I'm not going to dodge your question; however, I will answer it after a post from shrinehme.

O, and YAYAY! ZAZIE'S HERE!! :mrgreen:
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

ZazieR wrote:Here ^.^ Will read this game one of these days. I'm learning how irritating a sore throat can be ._.
Dude, you too?
It hurt so much yesterday night to swallow. I skipped school today because it was just so damn painful. Hopefully it'll be gone tomorrow. Missed a test D:.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by BigBear »

EtherealCookie wrote:

It hurt so much yesterday night to swallow.
[/bad joke]
Swallowing what... *phhh..../snicker....*

/bad joke.... I know....

But I had to.

[/back to game]
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

nook wrote: I have a wild speculation that he's a Jester out to get lynched as quickly as possible.
That's what I was trying to suggest to IK.

@IK
I thought you might pick up on the fact that I said "non-mafia motivations," when I normally use "scum" almost exclusively to refer to the mafia. By non-mafia, I was trying to imply third party (perhaps one that wanted to be lynched or accumlate votes).

Of course, best play with a jester is probably not to mention it and to just lynch the person anyway. Why? Glad you asked!

Jester=insta-lose in lylo via self-vote. Therefore we can't bring a jester to lylo. This means that if we find ourselves one mislynch from lylo, unless we're sure someone is scum, we're forced to lynch the jester and put ourselves in lylo, which is an unfortunate prospect. We can continue this reasoning down the line, with the conclusion that a jester becomes more and more dangerous to the town the longer (s)he's left alive. Optimal play is (probably) to lynch immediately, without mentioning the possibility and try to gain some tells off the wagon. A jester wants to be lynched and (as much as I would love to spite a jester by refusing to lynch him/her), it's in the town's best interest to lynch a jester. That's of course why jester is a stupid role in most games.

Optimal play by EC right now (theoretically) if he were a jester is probably to claim jester right now and get himself lynched. However, having the lynch already determined has a tendency to take the town out of scumhunting mode. If EC is a jester and decides to do this, I would strongly push to lynch someone else out of spite.

Keep the possibility in mind now that it's out in the open, but right now, we have to play as though EC isn't jester (most mini normals don't have jesters and he probably isn't one...).

@ZazieR
What do you think of your predecessor's play?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Sanjay »

If the town is going to lynch the jester no matter what, wouldn't the best way to deal with the possibility of a jester be to declare that we lynch all jesters and if you'd like to be lynched then come on down and we'd be happy to oblige you?

I assume we don't have a jester so it's not really that important, but what's with all this "best play with a jester is probably not to mention it". Mention it and have an easy lynch choice that day.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Skim Day 2 of this game if you get a chance (the link is to the start of Day 2). Near the start of the day, the cop (CoCo) announced that he had a "not town" result on someone (but didn't say who) and that was enough to prevent most people from wanting to scumhunt (we ended up lynching scum anyway and not even the one CoCo caught). Having an obvious lynch lined up almost completely ruins that day discussion-wise, which is particularly bad Day 1 and even more so if we don't lynch a killing role in the process.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by BigBear »

I think lynching the jester is a bad idea. and if there really is a jester, which I doubt, i think they should be either vig'd or night killed. Bringing up the idea of a jester, is actually scummy, I forget who brought it up, but it's scummy.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

BB wrote: if there really is a jester, which I doubt, i think they should be either vig'd or night killed.
That assumes we have a vig, since no mafia team in its right mind would NK a jester. If EC is a jester and claims it LATE IN DAY 1 WHEN IT WON'T HURT THE TOWN, I would prefer if we lynched him. If we don't have a vig, it would mean wasting a non-mafia lynch and probably losing a lot of Day 2 discussion.
BB wrote:Bringing up the idea of a jester, is actually scummy, I forget who brought it up, but it's scummy.
Nook brought it up (I quoted it a few posts ago :P ).
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not Jester. I'm just a guy who got swarmed with too much shit, said a few stupid things, and is in a deep pile of shit right now and is too busy to get out of it currently. Give me till the weekend, guys.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Idiotking »

I don't ever assume or think there's a Jester. I've never been in a game with one, and if I did indeed play one, I'd question the mod and refuse to ever play under that mod, or play with that person, in a game ever again. Jester is a horrible, horrible role and shouldn't even exist. As such, I won't ever accept that there is one.

No, I think EC is just being stupid.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by BigBear »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
BB wrote: if there really is a jester, which I doubt, i think they should be either vig'd or night killed.
That assumes we have a vig, since no mafia team in its right mind would NK a jester. If EC is a jester and claims it LATE IN DAY 1 WHEN IT WON'T HURT THE TOWN, I would prefer if we lynched him. If we don't have a vig, it would mean wasting a non-mafia lynch and probably losing a lot of Day 2 discussion.
BB wrote:Bringing up the idea of a jester, is actually scummy, I forget who brought it up, but it's scummy.
Nook brought it up (I quoted it a few posts ago :P ).
why should we lynch a jester? His win condition is being lynched!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The jester win condition and the town win condition aren't mutually exclusive. That's just my two cents. I'm done talking about that possibility for now.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Kreriov »

"
Oh! Look at the cute little bear!
", says ZazieR as she runs over to tug on the noose around BigBear's neck.
"
Hey, who is this guy and why is he pulling on my noose?
", asks BigBear.
At this point a lightning bolt strikes right next to BigBear, singeing his tail.
HOW CAN YOU MISTAKE ZAZIER FOR ANYTHING BUT A SUPER_HOT_CHICK! FAIL AGAIN AT YOUR PERIL! booms a voice from the sky. (Its good to be the mod)

"
Anyway...
", says DeathRowKitty, "
I think we need to consider the possibility that EC is a jester.
"
"
No we don't.
"
"
Sure why not
?"
"
I am not a Jester!
" says EtherealCookie as he hides a jester hat behind his back. "
I was just swamped and wigged out for a bit!
"
"
Jester's are stupid!
", says Idiotking.
"
Fine, I am just saying but will shut up now
", says DeathRowKitty.

Vote Count

BigBear (1) - ZazieR
brothernature (1) - Sanjay
EtherealCookie (5) - Looker BigBear ConfidAnon nook Idiotking
ZazieR (3) - Peabody DeathRowKitty Shrinehme
Shrinehme (1) - EtherealCookie

Not Voting - brothernature

With 12 alive it take 7 to lynch.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Shrinehme »

BigBear wrote: Bringing up the idea of a jester, is actually scummy
Why?
I mean, there's decent grounds for it. EtherealCookie's play has been extremely outlandish. It initiates sure WIFOM, sure, but I don't see how it would tell scum. If someone hadn't brought it up by now, I would have.

We should note it if EtherealCookie flips Scum though. I could see a one protecting a partner with "What If Jester?"
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 am

Post by BigBear »

Shrinehme wrote:
Why?
I mean, there's decent grounds for it. EtherealCookie's play has been extremely outlandish. It initiates sure WIFOM, sure, but I don't see how it would tell scum. If someone hadn't brought it up by now, I would have.

We should note it if EtherealCookie flips Scum though.
I could see a one protecting a partner with "What If Jester?"
Well, that, or promoting a mislynch. I've only seen a mention of a jester in one game. And the one that suggested Mastin was a jester, was Mafia Godmother. If Nook flips scum, I would consider it a scumslip then.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Peabody »

I'm fine with lynching EC.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Looker »

ZazieR's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1901912#1901912]Post 205[/url] wrote:
Peabody wrote:Grrrr. FC is replaced???
Fixed, btw. The replacement has already arrived.
Yay! Can't wait to see what you think about all this! :P
EtherealCookie's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1902739#1902739]Post 216[/url] wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not Jester. I'm just a guy who got swarmed with too much shit, said a few stupid things, and is in a deep pile of shit right now and is too busy to get out of it currently. Give me till the weekend, guys.
unvote

I'm in no hurry to kill you, and I'd hate it if you were lynched due to playstyle. Besides, how do you tell the asylum employees that you're not crazy? How can you convince them?
Shrinehme's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1903497#1903497]Post 221[/url] wrote:
Why?

We should note it if EtherealCookie flips Scum though. I could see a one protecting a partner with "What If Jester?"
I don't like that "extremely outlandish" part. If it were that bad, surely you could have used an example instead of "extremely outlandish". That just sounds like "he's different". [/not an argument, just pointing it out]
BigBear's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1903546#1903546]Post 222[/url] wrote:
Shrinehme wrote:
Why?

We should note it if EtherealCookie flips Scum though.
I could see a one protecting a partner with "What If Jester?"
Well, that, or promoting a mislynch. I've only seen a mention of a jester in one game. And the one that suggested Mastin was a jester, was Mafia Godmother. If Nook flips scum, I would consider it a scumslip then.
Yeah, I'd kinda be more willing to interrogate the accuser before we take this jester thing and run with it. Who said it? Nook? (I know, I know, I'll go back and read...)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”