Newbie 844 - Game Over (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

If we don't get a replacement soon, a deadline extension might be on the cards?
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by Annachie »

Actually, would the 21 day count have started when the PM's were sent on the 16th, or when Starkmoon unlocked this thread for us on the 19th? (GMT +10 of course, my local time at the time)
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Post by starkmoon »

The three week deadline is counted from the date the thread is unlocked.

I was going to extend the deadline to the 17th of October, but I am moving that weekend. So... I will give you a DEFINATE extension to the 17th. I will look for someone to take over and do the day end and day start posts.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Pyrogen »

Annachie wrote:Actually, would the 21 day count have started when the PM's were sent on the 16th, or when Starkmoon unlocked this thread for us on the 19th? (GMT +10 of course, my local time at the time)
Sept 16th + 21 days = Oct 10.
xvart wrote:Pyrogen? Any comments or clarification about the roleblocker/power role comments?
What are you talking about? My comment on Anna?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by xvart »

Pyrogen wrote:What are you talking about? My comment on Anna?
No, my question to you:
xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:
Annachie wrote:lol, forgot to include the number of power roles in my thinking. Kinda assumed 2 to match the 2 scum.
Why assume two power roles? You know there's a roleblocker, huh, and then noticed you screwed up?
I have a question right back to you about this: How does a roleblocker have anything to do with it? There is a guaranteed two mafia in this game, and not necessarily a roleblocker. Annachie never mentioned anything about the mafia role assignment differences. Do you know there is a mafia roleblocker? And if so, how might that be, I wonder?

xvart.
xvart.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

Annachie assumed only the possibility of two power roles. The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker. This would be more likely if Annachie knew there was a roleblocker. I find it slightly suspicious Annachie only assumed one case, the dual power roles, perhaps to draw out possible power roles.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Pyrogen wrote:Annachie assumed only the possibility of two power roles. The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker. This would be more likely if Annachie knew there was a roleblocker. I find it slightly suspicious Annachie only assumed one case, the dual power roles, perhaps to draw out possible power roles.
While in principal, I do agree that his 'I only saw the one case' excuse is lame and he's still my top suspect (depending on Dondero's replacement), I find your 'leap of logic' a bit of a reach here.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:54 am

Post by xvart »

Pyrogen wrote:Annachie assumed only the possibility of two power roles. The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker..
Untrue.
starkmoon wrote:The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies

• 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).
xvart.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Pyrogen »

fhqwhgads wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:Annachie assumed only the possibility of two power roles. The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker. This would be more likely if Annachie knew there was a roleblocker. I find it slightly suspicious Annachie only assumed one case, the dual power roles, perhaps to draw out possible power roles.
While in principal, I do agree that his 'I only saw the one case' excuse is lame and he's still my top suspect (depending on Dondero's replacement), I find your 'leap of logic' a bit of a reach here.
Well actually I found a gun in her house and a mafia membership card in her hands.

Jeez, its not the only reason, but one of many I'm suspecting her. I never said it was irrefutable.
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Pyrogen »

xvart wrote:
Pyrogen wrote:Annachie assumed only the possibility of two power roles. The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker..
Untrue.
starkmoon wrote:The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies

• 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).
xvart.
My statement is still true. The only way for there to be two roles is if there was a roleblocker. See if you can work that out.

Obviously if there was a roleblocker, the case that there are no power roles would be optimum for her, which perhaps is why she worked with the assumption of the top case. I'lll freely admit I'm streching here, and this may amount to little or nothing. But at least I'm searching, unlike nearly everybody else who have seemingly taken a vow of silence.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Once again, Pyro, I'd just like to re-iterate that it's perfectly all right you admit you made a mistake but very scummy to lie. It just seems to me you mis-interpreted the power rule distribution and you're trying to simultaneously defend your initial conclusion while downplaying it's significance. This is a newbie game, and it's okay to be a newbie. But lying to save face is still lying, and when posts give off those cues it really sets off my scum senses.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:15 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Pyrogen, you said:
Pyrogen wrote:The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker.
Let me repeat that again: The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker.

2 Power roles (if and only if) roleblocker.

Therefore if there is a roleblocker, there MUST be two power roles.

The above statement is wrong. (I'm not leaping to call it a lie though.)
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:20 am

Post by startransmission »

Ok, sorry I've been quiet... again. We have a week left, and I'll be much more active.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Annachie »

Annachie wrote:
pyro wrote:Anna ... since (s)he
Sorry, just noticed this.
He
. Took the name from a Loreena McKennitt song 14 years ago or so.
ROFL

You basically accuse me of lieing about misreading a post, then misread a post yourself. Sheesh. (Colour added for emphasis)
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

fhqwhgads wrote:Pyrogen, you said:
Pyrogen wrote:The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker.
Let me repeat that again: The only way there would be two power roles is if there was a roleblocker.

2 Power roles (if and only if) roleblocker.

Therefore if there is a roleblocker, there MUST be two power roles.

The above statement is wrong. (I'm not leaping to call it a lie though.)
My statement reads, IF 2 power roles THEN Roleblocker.
Not IF Roleblocker THEN 2 power roles.

Is that so confusing?
Pyrogen
Pyrogen
Townie
Pyrogen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Pyrogen »

EBWOP: I never said if and only if. I only said if Annachie assumed the case of two roles, then she might have some background info on the prescence of a roleblocker.

Also, Annachie, I guess I assumed your name was Anna for some strange obtuse reason.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by starkmoon »

Gods... sorry guys, as per my sig I have been desperately househunting and lost track of the time. It's after midnight here, so on the grounds that I will fu*k up I will check everything tomorrow daytime.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

We have kind of the same small clique actively posting. fgads, pyro, xvart, anna, and myself. (Okay, so I'm stretching adding myself...it's the privledge I get being the list-maker.) I want to hear from the rest of you.

Anna is still a man, Pyro.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Post by Annachie »

Aye, just ask the wife and 10 kids.

So by now Justme must be in prod mode (12 days?), Startransmission must have had a couple by now (3 posts this month?). Who am I missing?

DarthRandal at 11 days or so?.
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by starkmoon »

Sent out prods but I'll not count these towards your 'max' since I should have sorted these out a week ago.

I am right at the point where I will be moving on Friday. I have asked Vel to take over modding my games from Friday 17th for about a week (depending on how long it takes to get mostly settled in the new place). When night comes can everyone send Night choices to both of us, regardless of who posts up the end of day.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:11 am

Post by xvart »

Sorry I've been quiet for a few days everyone. Lets get back on this and lynch some scum.
Pyrogen wrote:My statement is still true. The only way for there to be two roles is if there was a roleblocker. See if you can work that out.

Obviously if there was a roleblocker, the case that there are no power roles would be optimum for her, which perhaps is why she worked with the assumption of the top case. I'lll freely admit I'm streching here, and this may amount to little or nothing. But at least I'm searching, unlike nearly everybody else who have seemingly taken a vow of silence.
I'm following you now. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. It was not clear to me at the time that you were referencing the situation in that light. It truly appeared like the role blocker comment came out of nowhere.
Annachie wrote:Aye, just ask the wife and 10 kids.

So by now Justme must be in prod mode (12 days?), Startransmission must have had a couple by now (3 posts this month?). Who am I missing?

At this point,
DarthRandal at 11 days or so?.
Yes. Although slightly guilty myself the past week, I'm not thrilled about everyone who has been quiet.

At this point, while I'm still voting for Pyro, I believe I will probably unvote him because it doesn't seem like the right vote to me anymore. Should I choose to do that, top contenders are Annachie followed by Justme, Startransmission, and DarthRandal (all three for blatant and excessive inactivity).

I will reread and then post about removing/changing my vote.

xvart.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:06 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to mention I was V/LA from Sunday until today. Didn't expect not to have any connection though. Will post again later.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by startransmission »

My vote sticks. I've been swamped the last couple of days, but in the next few hours I hope to address some things that have come up.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

This is the same as saying 'if and only if'. "The only way..." = "If and only if..." in this case.

But ok, its probably irrelevant, because I know what you meant. I doubt that you are seriously trying to confuse us.

Activity really needs to pick up, and if it doesn't, I'm still happy with my vote as well.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:04 am

Post by starkmoon »

HackerHuck replaces Dondero

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”