Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

SerialClergyman wrote:EC, you agreed that the no lynch would make it easier for the town in this post.
EtherealCookie wrote:
Think about it. Sixteen players, thirteen of which are town. That's 81.25%. Unless my math's off (not my forte, honestly), mafia's quickest route to victory is five consecutive days with mis-lynches coupled with five consecutive nights with successful kills, at which point three goons endgame three townies. That's one tall feat, and even then it's worst case scenario for the town—it'd require a massive meltdown, months of utterly demented scum hunting.
And it's even tougher when you factor in no-lynches, which would, what, double the number of days it'd take?
I agree with this. Why would I want to vote No Lynch in the first place? All it's going to do is prolong the game. Why not place some pressure on people, and see what we can get of them? Voting No Lynch and watching the scum kill one every night would be amazingly boring and slow, and wouldn't give us much to figure out who they are.
Maybe I read the quote wrong, but I thought it'd make it harder for the entire game itself, as it'd
DOUBLE THE NUMBER OF DAYS IT'D TAKE
. It'd be a lot of waiting around, if we followed a no lynch policy every day, and there wouldn't be any conversation because everyone would be voting no lynch anyways.
---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 125):

CSL - 1(mask man)
crypto - 1(EtherealCookie)
mask man - 1(Sando)
No Lynch - 1(CSL)
hiphop - 1(charter)
SerialClergyman - 1(crypto)
EtherealCookie - 2(SerialClergyman, hiphop)

Not Voting:le Chat, X_~, Staple, Team Aether, Kaiveran, bigmc109, Pomegranate, muh316

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

There would be conversation because we're only voting no lynch if no one jumps out as particularly scummy. Also, I think that more relaxed scum will slip up much easier.
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by crypto »

It works both ways. Scum under pressure are also likely to make a mistake.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

So really it doesn't matter what we do, scum will slip up either way.

As a means of hopefully getting off this topic, I guess I should start scumhunting. So far SC and HH are giving me slightly scummy vibes, while EC is giving me a newbie vibe. Sc really jumped on something that just doesn't seem that suspicious, and HH followed right along. Of course, this just might be my past experiences talking, I'm definetely not ready to vote yet.
Show

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by crypto »

EtherealCookie
SerialClergyman
hiphop
charter

There are still a bunch of players we haven't heard from, though.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by mask man »

^That a scumlist? I don't see much wrong with charter atm. He hasn't really said enough.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by crypto »

He came up with the plan. He's really the wild card in that list, though. And that list is not a scum team. It's just a list of players who intrigue me (read: rub me the wrong way).

Now, please share your list, sir.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Scigatt »

crypto wrote: Speaking of which:
Scigatt, is there a set deadline? If so, when?

Not at this moment. If I think you're all really inactive or deadlocked or whatever, I'll impose one. It's a judgment call.

Also, when I do vote counts(top of the page, if I've done it), can you say if I've gotten something wrong?
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by mask man »

Sando - Guess I missed where he voted me.
hiphop - Maybe if I turn avatars off I'll be better at recognizing everyone
le Chat - placeholder
CSL - Okay I know he posted some stuff...
X_~ - placeholder.
muh316 - He is trying I guess.
Staple - placeholder
Team Aether - placeholder
Kaiveran - placeholder
------Everything aboved will be edited by way of post after re-read. I still haven't gotten everyone on the top of my head yet, I need to start taking notes.---------
EtherealCookie - He is starting to post more game-posts. Newbie read. I wouldn't be surprised if we mislynch him soon, but he COULD be scum.
mask man - this dude is jesus.
bigmc109 - Contributing good, him and crypto are about to lift this game off out of the NL area and into 'so let's talk about peoples stances and conclude if they are scum from the information we have and will soon have' phase.
SerialClergyman - He is contributing, I just disagree with alot. e.g. anti talking, pro-omg nl now.
charter - hasn't posted lately, but judging from what he has contributed, +town points
crypto - this dude is god
Pomegranate - afk, no read
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by crypto »

Scigatt wrote:
Also, when I do vote counts(top of the page, if I've done it), can you say if I've gotten something wrong?
'Tis our civic duty.
Mask wrote:mask man - this dude is jesus.
Mask wrote:crypto - this dude is god
Please don't give away our secret.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by charter »

crypto wrote:Charter, was that vote serious or humorous/random?
I gave a serious reason with it, soooo serious.
hiphop wrote:I'd think if I were scum, I'd have at least something to say when someone suggests a no lynch. What is the difference between the sentence you wrote, and the sentence I wrote? Why should I say something, if I didn't care either way? If the town wanted it, the town would get it. I saw several pros and cons both ways. One of the main ones is how would the cop know who to investigate. A good reason I didn't think of, until I read crypto's post (How long did it take you to write that?) is the town has an extra four people than a mini, which means the town has an extra two mislynches than a mini. Why waste them?
Well, your sentence isn't true, we can start with that. Scum purposefully sit back without committing to something all the time. That way, when they finally do commit, they can easily go with the flow, rather than stick out and draw attention to themselves. I don't really see how you can not care what happens either.

bigmc, not knowing the cop is sane makes the cop essentially worthless, unless they get like three innocents and a guilty, or something like that. Cop being mostly useless makes no lynching a very poor idea. Under no circumstances should we no lynch day one or two. None.
hiphop wrote:What makes you an expert on what scum would do? You said go with the flow. If that was the case, I would of voted no lynch.
Except, no one but myself had voted for no lynch when you posted and failed to comment on no lynching. There was no flow to go with at the time.
SC wrote:The only problem is sanity. Perhaps one possibility is for the cop to self-investigate, but that will only catch a paranoid cop.
Please, please, please! do not investigate yourself... You will know if you're paranoid because you will be getting all guilties...

Let's get this cleared up. No lynching 'because we aren't sure if someone is scum' is a horrible idea. HORRIBLE.
And also, no lynching to give the cop several investigations is also a bad idea now, since the cop might not be sane.

Finally, hiphop. His vote on EtherealCookie was A) bad (same as everyone else's) and B) opportunistic and C) scummy. Coupled with his not commenting on no lynch, then defending himself with bad logic, and he's pretty scummy. More people need to be voting for him, and if you're scum, now is a good time to bus him.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

Over 3 days, it should be pretty easy for the cop to figure out his alignment. 3 guilties will mean paranoid, 3 innocents will mean.....I forget the name, and a combination will mean either sane or insane. Then after we actually start lynching, the cop will be able to figure it out in time to help us lynch scum.

If we lynch, we will lose so many more townies than we have to. The odds of hitting scum on D1 or D2 are awful.
Show

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by crypto »

If he's paranoid or naive, it was a waste of lynches and the night kills will have put us in a tight spot with no payoff. Even if he does get mixed results, we could lose another day.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

No matter what he is, the combination of mislynches AND night kills will put us in an even tighter spot. We have a 33% chance of lynching scum on D1 OR D2. That means that on
D3
, there is a 67% chance that 4 townies will be dead. With the no lynching plan, we will have only 3 townies dead on
D4
Show

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by charter »

It's also possible he gets a bunch of innocents and is sane and just sucks at investigating scum.

Please get over no lynching, it is not going to happen.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by charter »

bigmc109 wrote:No matter what he is, the combination of mislynches AND night kills will put us in an even tighter spot. We have a 33% chance of lynching scum on D1 OR D2. That means that on
D3
, there is a 67% chance that 4 townies will be dead. With the no lynching plan, we will have only 3 townies dead on
D4
And with no lynching we will 100% GUARANTEED have zero scum dead. You can't no lynch because you aren't positive someone is scum. The extent you're debating this is getting ridiculous.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

My point is that with lynching we are
almost
guarenteed to have 0 scum dead, and 100% guarenteed to have more townies dead than we could with POTENTIALLY no lynching.
Show

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by crypto »

It's also possible he gets a bunch of innocents and is sane and just sucks at investigating scum.

Please get over no lynching, it is not going to happen.
Cool it, bud. I'm on your side about this.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by crypto »

BMC, scum are lynched on day 1 all the time.

Look, we already know at least one of

EtherealCookie
hiphop
SerialClergyman

is scum.

It'll be a cinch. ;)
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by bigmc109 »

OK, we need to not talk about no lynching anymore. We were just starting to scum hunt when charter brought it up again. If it happens, there's no need to talk about it until the deadline is closer.

For the record, I think hiphop is the scummiest at this point. At least SC gave some original reasoning; HH just followed along.
Show

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by crypto »

Finger of MFing Suspicion: X_~.

X_~, please have the decency to fucking post the next time you come online. You seem to be doing just fine about it in your other ongoing games.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by hiphop »

meta me if you think I am scum. That is the way I am. I gave an original reason. Did I not show where I was drawing my conclusions from? When I started that post, SC had not voted.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, a defense of 'meta me' and I'm extremely happy with my vote.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by hiphop »

charter wrote:Yeah, a defense of 'meta me' and I'm extremely happy with my vote.
I would comment on your case, but crypto said some people, referring to me I believe, are quoting more than they should, and I really value the guy's opinion. You are strawmanning me on the case against me, you don't even argue against the main reason I didn't comment on the no lynching. You argue against my sarcasm.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by crypto »

Hiphop, are you still satisfied with your vote on Ethereal?

Who are your other major suspects?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”