Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Sanjay »

DRK, what did you think about the merits of my vote on ConfidAnon back on page 5?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

DeathRowKitty wrote:@CA
You're really trying to stretch this jester thing. Any particular reason (besides dodging SJ's question)?
Yes, I'm stretching the issue because the reaction you gave me when I first brought up the point was very defensive, and you continue to overreact. That's scummier than the original point, which is still valid.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I didn't think much of it at the time, since all he really did was say the theory wasn't bad, not that he believed it (and he even mentioned it would require BB to be playing a very weak scum game). Given CA's recent posts though, I think this gains a lot more merit.
CA wrote:That's scummier than the original point, which is still valid.
I'm not seeing how the original point is valid at all...
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Sanjay »

[quote="DeathRowKitty"]I didn't think much of it at the time, since all he really did was say the theory wasn't bad, not that he believed it (and he even mentioned it would require BB to be playing a very weak scum game). Given CA's recent posts though, I think this gains a lot more merit.

If you don't mind, could you elaborate?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Meh, I'm not gonna restate the case again. I believe that you were the one who sparked the jester discussion, you believe that you didn't and that nook did. We'll agree to disagree.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Well, here's the post you originally took issue with:
CA wrote:
Looker wrote: Okay, just throwing it out there, shoot it down if you want.

You get the most votes, the closest to a lynch, and then BigBear votes no lynch.
Far_Cry votes BigBear for wanting a no lynch.
You vote Far_Cry.

Shoot it down.
To be honest . . . . that's not that bad of a theory.

One thing holding me back: I've seen BigBear play as scum. He's competent, and voting No Lynch is horrible scum play.
He acknowledged it wasn't "that bad of a theory," but then went on to say that he didn't think BB-scum would act like that and there was no vote or FoS accompanying this post. Basically, I didn't think it was as big of a deal as you made out of it.

Fast forward 11 pages. CA makes an argument against me based on incorrect evidence and places a vote, which would make sense in the context of the post I linked to.
CA wrote:We'll agree to disagree.
"We" implies both of us. Only one of us agrees to disagree (I disagree to the agreement that we agree to disagree). Do you think a discussion about jesters would have started because of my post had nook not mentioned jesters?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I smell OMGUS in your last post, DRK.

Yes, yes I do.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Sanjay »

ConfidAnon wrote:Meh, I'm not gonna restate the case again. I believe that you were the one who sparked the jester discussion,
you believe that you didn't and that nook did
. We'll agree to disagree.
If you actually believe the bolded, how do you still have a case on DRK?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I don't believe that, that's what he believes. I was stating both viewpoints, and then that I'd agree to disagree. Sorry for not wording that clearly.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Sanjay »

No, it was perfectly clear.

You believe that DRK thinks that nook started the jester conversation, correct?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Isn't it amazing that as humans, we can have beliefs about the beliefs of others?

Many species do not come anywhere close to possessing this faculty.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Sanjay wrote:No, it was perfectly clear.

You believe that DRK thinks that nook started the jester conversation, correct?
I fail at wording posts. This is going to look scummy, but what I meant was that neither of us are going to change our minds on this matter. He says that nook started it, I say that he started it.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I agree. It does look scummy.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Do you think that if DRK actually does believe that nook started the conversation about jesters then his reaction is unreasonable?
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

ZazieR wrote:
Shrinehme wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Post 97 – So the reason behind your vote is? (
Shrine
)
Far_Cry's insults looked more like strategic distancing than genuine emotion.
How?
Seemed unprovoked. I see little purpose for this tidbit thrown into his post: "Oh, by the way, you are a total idiot nook. And I never new you were gay." ... other than to start an argument with Nook, which could have strategic distancing value.

ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Post 115 – Why ask EC about Bear,
Shrine
?
Wanted to hear more from EtherealCookie.
My reason for asking was more for the Bear part. Your vote was against Far_Cry at that moment. Yet, instead of asking EC what his opinion is of your top suspect (which was based upon you thinking he was distancing with Nook), you asked him about Bear. So why not one of your top suspicions?
It's unfair to say Far_Cry could be called a "top suspect" of mine at that point. I did not analyze everyone's behavior up until that point and think he was most suspicious. The vote was thrown his way casually based on a mere observation/possibility.
ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Post 107 – Which is why Bear’s vote after the no-lynch was for you and not for FC? Why didn’t you address this vote from Bear when you thought he was trying to catch scum by voting no-lynch?
Actually, talking about this, how come you didn’t even ask anything about it?
You giving him a way out is also noted. (
Shrine
)
He didn't back up his vote, so it was clear he wasn't planning to go anywhere with it.

Re-phrase the first question?
Your thoughts were that he was trying to draw scum out by voting no-lynch. But instead of voting the one who voted him for voting no-lynch, he voted you. Meaning, your thoughts were wrong. Yet, you didn't ask anything about it at all. Why?
Didn't feel a need to do so. After he'd voted me I couldn't tell whether he was gambiting or taking advantage of RVS, or whatever.
Should I have?
Can you elaborate on "You giving him a way out is also noted."?
ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Shrine wrote:No, I don't feel that it's a bus. I am not Scum,
let alone aligned with him
. I don't really see how his vote could even be interpreted as a bus.
Oh? How do you know?
Also, how come you did comment on EC’s vote against you, but not Bear’s vote against you?
You're interpreting it wrongly. "Aligned" as in, being partnered with him via role [scum partners, ect.].

I commented on EtherealCookie's vote because he put forth a reason for his vote. BigBear gave me nothing to comment on.
Not buying your explanation. The only roles that are connected are: Masons/neighbours, lovers, scum and cult.
Of which the first two don't bus, you say you're not scum and cult isn't possible now. I don't see the reason why you'd point the bolded out.
You're reading too far into the wording of the post then. It is poorly worded.
ZazieR wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Post 250 – Why the unvote,
Shrine
?
I'm not interested in pursuing Far_Cry's/your lynch.
What changed?
Tone of the game. My vote for him is nice for reaction-searching in RVS/early post-RVS. Not something to follow up with a lynch based off of.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Sanjay wrote:Do you think that if DRK actually does believe that nook started the conversation about jesters then his reaction is unreasonable?
No I do not.

I admit that my theory is not as strong now as when I first posted it, but the possibility still exists for him to be scum lying through his teeth after being caught.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Sanjay »

What has changed, ConfidAnon?

Why isn't the theory as strong as it was before?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Looker »

DeathRowKitty's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1907407#1907407]Post 361[/url] wrote:
Mod, can we get a prod on nook?

We're on a new page? Zaz must have been posting again!
Zaz wrote:Post 325 shows that we're dealing with town-Looker and not scum-Looker.
How does it show that (meta-based reasons?)?

Just a thought, but if EC gets lynched and flips town, I could see Looker as trying to gain townie points as scum by saying he thinks EC is a townie with an interesting playstyle.
Okay wait. You lynch EC, he flips town, so then you lynch me? That sounds like a personal gameplan to me, Kitty... :wink:
EtherealCookie's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1907993#1907993]Post 394[/url] wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Looker wrote:Zaz, you rock.
Thanks ^.^
Post 325 shows that we're dealing with town-Looker and not scum-Looker.
I've had town-looker replace and act all anti-town. So, I wouldn't be sure about that. I don't think Looker'd be silly enough to just stick with one personality depending on if he was town or scum.
Stick with one personality? I can't even stick with one gender! Zaz, r u the only one who knows I'm a she? :?
Scummier than my alleged "creating undue suspicion"?
Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1906025#1906025]Post 266[/url] wrote: I had taken your theory to be some kind of joke to try to get a rise out of people, but now that I find out you were seriously floating it, I think I'm gonna throw you a vote, for trying to create undue suspicion and for dodging my question for no good reason.

Unvote

Vote: Looker
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Yeah, I don't really know why I'm still voting for you, when you aren't even second on my suspect list right now.

Unvote

Vote: ConfidAnon
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Now that you've reminded me of who I was voting for, Looker, why don't you tell me who you were voting for and how happy you are with that vote right now.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

CA wrote: I smell OMGUS in your last post, DRK.
It's not OMGUS if I have a legitimate reason.
Looker wrote: Okay wait. You lynch EC, he flips town, so then you lynch me? That sounds like a personal gameplan to me, Kitty... :wink:
Yes it does look like that. :wink: I seem to say something like that once per game...

I view the possible connection much like I view the possible Shrine scum-slip. It's nothing to make a case on and unless you act scummy it's fairly meaningless. It's more a note I'm making now to come back to if you look scummy later on.

@CA
You missed this:
I wrote:Do you think a discussion about jesters would have started because of my post had nook not mentioned jesters?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Looker »

Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1908534#1908534]Post 419[/url] wrote:Now that you've reminded me of who I was voting for, Looker, why don't you tell me who you were voting for and how happy you are with that vote right now.
I was voting for Cookie for forever (I think he was my RVS vote); however, when people started jumping on him, I unvoted. I'm currently happy with that unvote.

@BigBear & IdiotKing: Are you still happy with your current position on the Cookie wagon?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Looker »

Just in case you forgot, because it was a while ago.
BigBear's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1895569#1895569]Post 123[/url] wrote:
Unvote:
Vote: EtherealCookie

I think you put shrine at L-1, which is too close to a lynch for my liking.

I'll answer the other questions shortly. Just slightly busy.
Idiotking's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1901196#1901196]Post 186[/url] wrote:Thoughts:

I had no idea what was going on until page 6 or so, to be honest. I couldn't tell what was RVS, sarcasm, or serious. You folks make my brain hurt.

As for scumtells:

I think Far_Cry is an interesting case, jumpy. He seemed to get serious far before anyone else did, and reacted... oh, what's the term... negatively? Now that he's replacing out I feel somewhat sad, because now the replacement can't elaborate on what Far_Cry was thinking.

EC also annoys me like all hell. I think it's suspicious to withhold information and reasoning for one's actions (I hate gambits and anything that could be mistaken as such), which makes EC out to be a living, breathing scumtell.

Unvote

Vote EC

On the other hand I don't see BB's actions as suspicious. Anything to generate discussion is a good thing, and if he did really vote for a no-lynch to get us out of RVS, I applaud that, especially since without it we'd probably still be in RVS.

One other thought:
It's natural to assume there's a Godfather in games of Mafia. As far as I can remember I've never been in a game
without
one, so I can understand why folks would expect there to be one.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:14 am

Post by ZazieR »

ConfidAnon wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Though this wasn't aimed at you, I wouldn't mind if you'd respond to this as well, confid
He was being pretty jumpy there . . . that's kind of scummy.
Define 'jumpy'
ZazieR wrote:The guy who bandwagoned himself doesn’t like that somebody else bandwagons? How come?
He wasn't contributing, which, when combined with the bandwagon vote, was very scummy. I know I'm sounding hypocritical here, but I have since made an effort to start contributing more. He really hasn't.
Post 331?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

Sanjay wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Come on, ConfidAnon. We can't lynch everyone that posts like ZazieR.
Your reason for this post?
I want to keep everything from getting buried under a mountain of multi-posts and I thought throwing out empty threats would be a good way to do it.
You're wrong. It's not the many posts that makes players ignore some posts. It's my super hot chickness :D It gets injected into my posts and it draws every player their attention to it ;)
Seriously though, I don't have problems with many posts after each other. As long as most of them contains scumhunting/content.
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”