Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

le Chat
le Chat
Goon
le Chat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by le Chat »

hi. my next post will be a pbp analysis and comments/questions. right now i am checking in to say meow and also to say that today was hell and tomorrow will be hellsquared but imma get that pbp up tomorrow if it kills me.
---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 225):

CSL - 1(mask man)
No Lynch - 1(CSL)
hiphop - 1(charter)
SerialClergyman - 1(crypto)
EtherealCookie - 1(SerialClergyman)
Staple - 1(le Chat, hiphop)
crypto - 1(X_~)
X_~ - 2(EtherealCookie, Sando)

Not Voting:Staple, Team Aether, Kaiveran, bigmc109, Pomegranate, muh316

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

charter is probably town but was quick to confirm sando for no real reason, and that guy is sneaky (and quiet).

crypto is probably town, but either way we'll be almost certain to be able to tell later, so certainly not lynchworthy.

There's been some rubbish statements put forward, like 'scum are more likely to attack with good reason' and 'she seems scummy because she's tryign to defend herself properly'. Ugh. I'd hate to think what you guys assume town do - OMGUS and scratch themselves by the sound of it.

If the cop is sane, no lynch is demonstrably better. If you lynch someone, you either get dead townie or dead scum. If you investigate someone, you either get confirmed innocent townie or effectively dead scum. As i said- demonstrably better. Plus - confirmed town is how you win games. If we have 4 confirmed town to endgame, it doesn't matter if we lose every other town player wihtout hitting a single scum - that's a garunteed win.

But - as has been said, sanity issues (especially in the light of the balance of the game) makes this strategy a no-go, I think.

As for EC, my suggestion to you if you feel as you wrote at one point that I'm using bad reason and manipulating your words, is that if you don't agree with a no lynch, you shouldn't take a paragraph written about how powerful a no lynch is and quote it with the words 'I agree' underneath :roll:.

Haven't been impressed by Pomegranite. Seems to both see No Lynch as a valid strategy (lets discuss, get to near lynch then see if we want to no lynch) then say that the no lynch idea was extremely scummy.

More CSL posts please.

unvote, vote hiphop

Seems most likely atm, but I'm prepared to lynch most people. Some highlights not mentioned by others:

When asked if happy about his vote,
At the moment yes. Will I push for his lynch no.
I would comment on your case, but crypto said some people, referring to me I believe, are quoting more than they should, and I really value the guy's opinion.
meta me if you think I am scum.
Joins me on the EC bandwagon on Oct 10th, saying somebody give this guy (me) some cake.

Gives a scum list with 4 players on Oct 11th, including me at number 1 on the list and the person he's voting (EC) down at 3.

Votes staple, not one of the 4 he listed previously, on Oct 12th.
I'm old now.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by hiphop »

SerialClergyman wrote:Lessons in activity.
1) 48 hours is not unreasonable to wait for someone to post.
2) Look at people's sigs before you accuse them of being inactive.
3) Count how many posts someone has before you accuse them of being inactive and compare that number to (off the top of my head) kaiveran, sando, charter, le chat, CSL, Team Aether, X_~, staple, muh316 and probably more. I'll even let you take off the last couple of posts which are clearly placeholders if you like.
And the most important lesson of all:
4) Having 60 posts in the 9th page, literally 1/4 of all posts in a 16 person game not including the mod, is
seriously anti-town
. You are spamming the thread, making re-reads and scumcatching harder.
5) Please check out the /invitational game here if you feel my activity on D1 here so far is a problem.
1. But 49 like you did is.
2. How do you think I knew about csl?
3. Lame. I can post 100 posts day one, and then not post in one week, and still have more posts than crypto in that week.
4. It just shows he is contributing to the game.
5. From where you linked
mith wrote: 16.Players are expected to make a substantive post at least once every 48 hours (but are encouraged to post at least every day).
I believe the "at least" means in between, or not more than.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by hiphop »

SerialClergyman wrote: Votes staple, not one of the 4 he listed previously, on Oct 12th.
Let me think about this.*wait 3 seconds* OK done. Apparently you don't realize is that he didn't make his first post until after I listed the four. Crypto wanted me to give my list before they posted. If you read, you might have caught that.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by charter »

OH MY GOODNESS. WHY HAVEN'T WE LYNCHED HIPHOP YET?

And SC, you don't see Sando as town?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by hiphop »

edit: 5. From where you linked
mith wrote: 16.Players are expected to make a substantive post at least once every 48 hours (but are encouraged to post at least every day).
I believe the "at least" means not more than 48 hours, and up to one post.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by charter »

To be perfectly clear, hiphop is now arguing (in what looks like an attempt to make us suspicious of SC) with SC because he isn't adhering to the activity rules of another game. In that game SC didn't adhere to them strictly (who does :P), and was town.

He's also arguing these other points that have no bearing whatsoever on SC's alignment.

He's also trying to use things that don't have any bearing on SC's alignment to cast suspicion on him (I believe).
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by hiphop »

charter wrote:To be perfectly clear, hiphop is now arguing (in what looks like an attempt to make us suspicious of SC) with SC because he isn't adhering to the activity rules of another game. In that game SC didn't adhere to them strictly (who does :P), and was town.

He's also arguing these other points that have no bearing whatsoever on SC's alignment.

He's also trying to use things that don't have any bearing on SC's alignment to cast suspicion on him (I believe).
You are right. When I linked into that and saw mith's avatar, I was thinking that it was the newbie's rules.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

To be fair to him, I started the argument by making a pretty snide list of activity rules, and possibly he wanted to voice that he didn't agree with them.

To be fair to ME, I was accused of being scum for not posting for 2 days on D1 when there's plenty of other people who have posted much less of significance and much lesso ften than me.

And yes - the point of lookign at that game isn't to look at the activity rules, it's to look at the fact I had 3 posts in the entirety of D1 and yet still rocked the kasbah while being town.

charter - as for Sando, he's a really good friend in real life, we used to live together and still see each other heaps, I've known him for over a decade. And so you can imagine, if he's scum and wins, my life will be forfeit :D

Seriously though, his post was good but it's also his only one of content and I disagree about the no lynch stance. I don't see him as a particularly townie read (although not scummy either.) I was surprised you had such a strong reaction from one post.
I'm old now.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Scigatt »

Empking replaces Team Aether
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Empking »

/confirm

Any questions?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 am

Post by crypto »

Hiphop:
hiphop wrote:1.SC- I have found that scum usually attack with a solid reason, while town take more risks.
Example based on personal experience, please.
bigmc109
bigmc109
Goon
bigmc109
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:41 am

Post by bigmc109 »

hiphop, talk about something other than SC's absense. I know I did it too, but not for 5 posts. I'm liking charter's post on you. I don't think any of us found SC's absense scummy, just annoying....are you trying to make it seem scummy?
Show
[b]Record: 2-1
[color=green]Town: 1-0[/color]
[color=red]Mafia: 1-1[/color]
Other: 0-0[/b]

[i][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846]Mini 951 - Prison Mafia[/url] needs [b]1 replacement[/b].[/i]
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Pomegranate »

SerialClergyman wrote:Haven't been impressed by Pomegranite. Seems to both see No Lynch as a valid strategy (lets discuss, get to near lynch then see if we want to no lynch) then say that the no lynch idea was extremely scummy.
Where did I say that no-lynch was extremely scummy? I just reread that post and didn't find that bit.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:00 am

Post by mask man »

ello everyone. I am extremely displeased that nobody busted my skull open for my afkness. Put some pressure on next time, at least ask if I'm still breathing ;_;

Reading and posts coming soon.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:23 am

Post by muh316 »

mask man wrote:ello everyone. I am extremely displeased that nobody busted my skull open for my afkness. Put some pressure on next time, at least ask if I'm still breathing ;_;

Reading and posts coming soon.
Nobody really notices people missing due to there being so many players.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:44 am

Post by crypto »

Muh316, please post content.

Am I the only one whose gut is screaming "Pomegranate-scum"?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

crypto wrote:Muh316, please post content.

Am I the only one whose gut is screaming "Pomegranate-scum"?
Any reasoning, or is it just gut?
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by crypto »

Pomegranate wrote:2. I'm not liking Cookie or x_~ right now. I think it's possibly newbiness, but I feel that they may try to pass of genuine scummyness as newbiness, so I'm not going to put much stock in that.
I have a hard time believing that those are the only two players you think are worth commenting on. Two easy choices, plus you play the newbie card for them.
3. I think we should play this game day out normally, whether or not no-lynch is a better idea- giving the scum extra information doesn't help us. When we're ready to end the day(, enough discussion or someone very scummy deserving to be lynched) we can decide if we think no-lynch is a better idea.
Stating what's already been covered.
4. I'm sure that there's at least one scum between the people who followed charter on the no-lynch bandwagon at the beginning of the day. It was extremely scummy.
I know I and some others said something similar, but dumping "extremely scummy" on three or four players is icky. Since then SerialClergyman has participated plenty, and Muh has made some posts as well.

Which leads me to my next point: zero real observations on anything that's occurred since page 3. That post I've quoted from is the only one with much substance at all. There's been a bucketload of stuff to comment on, too. Popping for two one-line posts—one of them a glib "Probably wait for 48 hours" and one of them a defense against SerialClergyman—without posting anything of consequence makes me go "Achoo!"
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Actually, I generally do lurk D1, especially in large games; it's hard for me to get reads with so many different participants. There are a lot of players, which are hard to keep track of in large quantities. (Kinda like puppies. :P )
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by crypto »

But you still enjoy large games?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Yes. Even in smaller games I lurk D1, but not as much. I just finished a large game where I was killed N1, but the game looked like it would've been really fun to have a chance to play for longer. IIRC, it was Mafia #100.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by crypto »

It was indeed Mafia 100. Speaking of which, empirical evidence disagrees with your concession that you lurk D1.

In Mafia 100 you posted 25 times on day 1 (the only day you were alive). Day 1 lasted 9 days (August 15–23). 25 posts / 9 days = 2.78 posts per day. Not lurking by any means. (You were town doc.)

Day 1 of this game has so far lasted 6 days (October 8–13). You've posted 9 times. 9 posts / 6 days = 1.5 posts per day.

Prior to this exchange, you'd posted 6 times over the course of 6 days—1 post per day.

Anyway, you posted plenty of content in Mafia 100 right from the start.

Unvote: SerialClergyman.

Vote: Pomegranate.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I think it's reasonable to notice that I was V/LA for about 6 pages of content. During read-throughs everything jumbles it self into a pile of posts.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by crypto »

SC, Hiphop, EC, X_~, and Staple jumbled into a weak attack on EC and X_~ followed by active lurking?

Six pages ain't that much. It's Mafia. We read a lot. I don't buy that defense/excuse out of sheer principle.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”