Newbie 844 - Game Over (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:47 am

Post by xvart »

Kill-kill wrote:But, would you rather I say it when I first come in, or when I am pressured? Which of the two would be more pro-town?
The one where you act town when you are town and the one where you act scummy when you are scum. :wink: But seriously, I know what you are talking about with the hyper analytical style of play. The other forum I played at is much more off the cuff and laid back.

xvart.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Sorry folks, I had finals to deal with. I'll be rereading and posting some thoughts tomorrow.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by startransmission »

xvart wrote:
startransmission
- what do you think of the fhqwhgads NK?
Not much, I don't usually dwell on NKs unless there is a good reason to. Scum often target ICs, but I do usually take a gander at who the person NKed was most involved with. In fgads case it would be Pyro, and that gives me little to work with. If it says anything I would imagine that the fact that scum went after the IC may indicate that they aren't getting alot of pressure from anybody else.

Argh, I'm debating on where to put my vote. I have issues with Annachie (most of which have been pointed out), but after a reread I'm not too sure.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:10 am

Post by Annachie »

Ta Darth. I thought so but with xvart being the first vote in both cases I thought I'd better ask.
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:36 am

Post by starkmoon »

Kill-kill 1 Annachie
DarthRandal1138
HackerHuck
Annachie
xvart
hitogoroshi
startransmission

Notvoting

Kill-kill
DarthRandal1138
HackerHuck
xvart
hitogoroshi
startransmission

I am moving on Monday guys, packing up the PC sometime on Sunday. So posting you a votecount and going to send out prods. I have asked Vel-Rahn Koon to take over my games for about a week to give me a chance to get internet in to the new house.

Good luck, be good and so on.

Starky
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by xvart »

startransmission wrote:Argh, I'm debating on where to put my vote. I have issues with Annachie (most of which have been pointed out), but after a reread I'm not too sure.
Besides Annachie, whom are you debating placing the vote on? And, as I've said several times, I am suspicious of Annachie; so would you care to enlighten me/us on why you are not sure?

xvart.
DarthRandal1138
DarthRandal1138
Townie
DarthRandal1138
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by DarthRandal1138 »

I'm still here, folks.

@Kill-kill: Thanks for the link. I'm reading through your part of that game now. In the meantime, any comments on why you were misrepresenting me as having the "first vote on the eventual mislynch" of Pyro?
Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Kill-kill »

DarthRandal1138 wrote:I'm still here, folks.

@Kill-kill: Thanks for the link. I'm reading through your part of that game now. In the meantime, any comments on why you were misrepresenting me as having the "first vote on the eventual mislynch" of Pyro?
I misread--I thought the other two had unvoted at some point. I suppose this is what you get when you read a thread late at night :P . I apologize, and withdraw the statement.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:25 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Well this game is quiet.

I'll go ahead and
Vote:Hackerhuck
until he posts his analysis. I think we need to be a bit more loose with our votes to force scum to participate.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:06 am

Post by xvart »

Annachie wrote:Jeez fhqwhgads gets mafia ganked, the guy who had voted for me, and then you launch a vote on me right away, AFTER saying that your normal play seems scummy.

What is this, you're going to vote for me before I log in and press you on anything?

vote kill-kill
I personally wouldn't really have a problem with such a quick vote, but the reasoning and justification does not sit well with me since it is based on nothing at all except timestamps and lack of conversation right out of the gate. Highly suspicious.
xvart wrote:
startransmission wrote:Argh, I'm debating on where to put my vote. I have issues with Annachie (most of which have been pointed out), but after a reread I'm not too sure.
Besides Annachie, whom are you debating placing the vote on? And, as I've said several times, I am suspicious of Annachie; so would you care to enlighten me/us on why you are not sure?

xvart.
I'm still anxious to hear this response. I'm leaning toward Annachie for my vote, but maybe I've missed something so before I place my vote I want to hear what you have to say.

xvart.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Annachie »

xvart wrote: I personally wouldn't really have a problem with such a quick vote, but the reasoning and justification does not sit well with me since it is based on nothing at all except timestamps and lack of conversation right out of the gate. Highly suspicious.
Huh.

kill-kill == Just Me

and I've been sus on Just Me since the first page. The person targeted by the mafia, and Kill-kill's day 2 posting does nothing to make me doubt my original suspicions, hence ...
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 am

Post by HackerHuck »

It looks like the post I had typed up last night disappeared. I remember the gist of it, so I don't think we'll miss anything valuable that I had to say.
hitogoroshi wrote:Well this game is quiet.

I'll go ahead and
until he posts his analysis. I think we need to be a bit more loose with our votes to force scum to participate.
I'm not sure how to take this. On the one hand, I'm pleased that Hitogoroshi has decided to vote before we're up against a deadline, but I'm obviously not happy with his decision. I don't see a case, so was this some kind of a pressure vote or do you actually believe that I'm scum?

kill-kill's behaviour makes me think that not all of the scum were on the Pyro wagon, but I'd rather focus my attention on those five right now.

Darth still needs to do some scumhunting. I have a fairly town feeling about him, but I also don't feel like there's a lot to go on with him. It's really mostly a gut feel at this time. He's not as bad as the others though, so he'll get a pass from me right now.

Startransmission really sticks out to me. He's playing everything too safe for my liking. Even his vote on Pyro was initially a cop-out and he somewhat contradicted himself when I asked him what all of Pyro's scummy behaviour was. His only real scumhunting was his analysis posts, which essentially claimed everyone to be town - even pyro.

xvart is starting to trip my scumdar too. He starts off the game pretty strong, but recently has begun to try and lead things a bit while staying behind the scenes. I'm also not sure how I missed the whole roleblocker discussion early on. There seemed to be way too much discussion about it.

I'm going to hold off on any further discussion about Hitogoroshi, because I'd like to see why he's voting me before I pass judgement. He's still up near the top of my list, but I also don't want my accusations to seem too OMGUSsy.

Annachie is a little less scummy in my eyes. Although he's also being quite timid in his actions and not scumhunting, I really got a good town feel from this post:
Annachie wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:No, because the entire bit he's referring to isn't a scumtell! Donderro is saying "You're referring to me FOSing but not voting pyro, and justme voting pyro. That's not any sort of scumtell, thus, we'd have to be a pretty inept scumpair to do that!" The crucial difference is that the initial thing that's being 'attacked' actually has no bearing on alignment. Unless you think the random vote WAS actually a calculated response to Don's FOS, in which case, uh, what? that doesn't make sense.
Is that seriously - SERROUSLY - why you're voting Dondero? Because Justme voted someone that Dondero was skeptical about, ergo, they are both scum? Please tell me there's some other part to this whole mess I'm missing.
As I've said before, and will no doubt say again, it was Just Me's first two posts that made me suspicious. His seemingly excessive concern about Don being late to start (due to being a replacement and all that).
Given my belief then the following statements and voting et al, especially Don's Laurel and Hardy one, also seem suspicious.

One thing I have noticed is to pay atention to the first few posts as players seem to be more inclined to express too much information or too much concern.

Now honestly, if I believe that two people are scum, rightly or wrongly, does it matter which one I vote for or even if I swap between them?
Our goal as villagers is to lynch the scum, I believe that two people are scum so ergo I vote whatever way I need to to get them lynched.
Now, he's starting to act a little off at the beginning of this day, but I'm much happier targeting Startransmission - or even Hitorogoshi right now. I'm holding off on my vote though, to get a little more information from Hitorogoshi.
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Kill-kill »

HackerHuck wrote: Annachie is a little less scummy in my eyes. Although he's also being quite timid in his actions and not scumhunting, I really got a good town feel from this post:
You are seriously going to post a town read on someone who claims to have not only identified both scum on Day One based on what amounts to marginal defending at best, but refuses to either scum-hunt them or entertain other possibilities? Other than a complete WIFOM, I see absolutely no justification for a town read there.

+scum points.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by xvart »

HackerHuck wrote:xvart is starting to trip my scumdar too. He starts off the game pretty strong, but recently has begun to try and lead things a bit while staying behind the scenes. I'm also not sure how I missed the whole roleblocker discussion early on. There seemed to be way too much discussion about it.
I will not deny what you are saying in the sense that I do feel somewhat responsible for the Pyrogen lynch and do not want to tunnel again (because at this point nobody is clearly acting acting anti-town like Pyrogen) and have taken a more backseat role this game day. I what others have to say about the people I suspect. I won't apologize for it, but I also don't want to get stuck in the same predicament I was in yesterday, especially if I get tunneled on someone who is just playing a bad game. I think I am totally justified in asking for someone to prove me wrong, and anyone that thinks otherwise is looking for a mislynch.
HackerHuck wrote:Startransmission really sticks out to me. He's playing everything too safe for my liking. Even his vote on Pyro was initially a cop-out and he somewhat contradicted himself when I asked him what all of Pyro's scummy behaviour was. His only real scumhunting was his analysis posts, which essentially claimed everyone to be town - even pyro.
As more and more time goes by without him posting I feel the same way. He seems to really be only posting to avoid the prod; and even then he is only posting little sniglets of information that give the appearance of scum hunting with no real content, which is exactly why I'm pressing him for more information. He's a hairs breath from receiving my vote.
Annachie wrote:
xvart wrote: I personally wouldn't really have a problem with such a quick vote, but the reasoning and justification does not sit well with me since it is based on nothing at all except timestamps and lack of conversation right out of the gate. Highly suspicious.
Huh.

kill-kill == Just Me

and I've been sus on Just Me since the first page. The person targeted by the mafia, and Kill-kill's day 2 posting does nothing to make me doubt my original suspicions, hence ...
Yes, I remember; but I was just pointing out that you seemed to only based your current vote on the reasons listed in your first post of the day. You made no mention of anything in the previous day. That was what I was pointing out. And, I think I've said before that I would be happy to explore this relationship, but you have to convince me, and just saying "because I wanted it yesterday should be sufficient enough." Obviously it is not, otherwise we all would have followed immediately after your vote.

If startransmission finally posts his reasoning's for you being less suspicious and it makes sense to me, I would consider voting for kill-kill along with you, but I would want to reread his posts first before committing (the thing that sticks out the most is the admission that he plays scummy; but I would also like to see if that trend holds up or not).

I would also like to hear what the IC and SE have to say about Annachie's reasoning based on the replacement stuff, from a learning experience perspective because I have a hard time holding kill-kill and hackerhuck to the same standard as the previous players. How do you guys typically handle these situations?

xvart.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:44 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

HackerHuck wrote:I'm not sure how to take this. On the one hand, I'm pleased that Hitogoroshi has decided to vote before we're up against a deadline, but I'm obviously not happy with his decision. I don't see a case, so was this some kind of a pressure vote or do you actually believe that I'm scum?
Neither of these. I just noticed that, seeing as you've been here since 06, this would be a good opportunity to keep you honest. I haven't posted too much in this topic; I'd be an easy target to bandwagon. I figured that throwing out an unsubstantiated vote would make me tempting for scum to go after. Apparently, neither you nor anyone else went for it. Of course, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence (or to put it another way, someone here has to be scum) but I certainly don't have particular reason to think you're scum and that vote has served it's purpose, so
unvote

Hacker, if you know who BM is, you know who I'm trying to emulate to stir discussion. :D
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:55 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

xvart wrote: I would also like to hear what the IC and SE have to say about Annachie's reasoning based on the replacement stuff, from a learning experience perspective because I have a hard time holding kill-kill and hackerhuck to the same standard as the previous players. How do you guys typically handle these situations?
Dondero did basicially nothing before being replaced, so I don't think there's anything that Hackerhuck COULD be held responsible for. As for justme, we can use his D1 actions at least to some extent, but if you want to talk about those you better use supporting quotes and be clear why it's an alignment tell and not a quirk of the old person.

Speaking of which. Annachie, please list the three scummiest things about kill-kill/justme (with the caveat from the previous paragraph).
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:57 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Hitogoroshi- I assume you are referring to Battle Mage, although I would not recommend that anyone emulate. You've also been around long enough to know what usually happened to Battle Mage early on in most games. He tended to become more of a target than a discussion generator - which is how I would characterise Pyro's play in this game.

xvart - You can't really hold us accountable for our predecessors' actions in the sense that we can explain their actions, but we are responsible and are ultimately the same role that they were. I would like to point out that lurking is not always a scum tell, and when someone is replaced, that is usually an indication that they were not lurking. Thus you really shouldn't make any judgments based on their inaction, only based upon what those players did while they were active in the game. I will also point out that I don't believe in the Lynch All Lurkers philosophy, so take this as you will.

Kill-kill - There is a difference between a town-read and a little less scummy. I said that I got a town feel from one of his posts, so I find him less scummy than the others on the wagon. I'm not really sure what kind of hay you're trying to make with that post so maybe you could explain yourself a little better.

Hito's post was good enough to keep him out of my number one spot. That falls to Startransmission.
Vote: Startransmission

I have noticed that no one has commented on my thoughts about targeting scum for today by looking at the Pyro wagon. It's obviously an easy choice for kill-kill and me, but what do the others think? Is it likely that Kill-kill and I are the two scum?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:59 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I forgot to say that I agree with this.
hitogoroshi wrote:Well this game is quiet.

I'll go ahead and
until he posts his analysis.
I think we need to be a bit more loose with our votes to force scum to participate.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Annachie »

Probable absence until post weekend
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Kill-kill »

HackerHuck wrote: Kill-kill - There is a difference between a town-read and a little less scummy. I said that I got a town feel from one of his posts, so I find him less scummy than the others on the wagon. I'm not really sure what kind of hay you're trying to make with that post so maybe you could explain yourself a little better.
HackerHuck wrote: I really got a good town feel from this post:
Does not say "less scummy," sorry. :P
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Way to quote snip. :roll:
Kill-kill wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:
Annachie is a little less scummy in my eyes
. Although he's also being quite timid in his actions and not scumhunting, I really got a good town feel from this post:
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Just so everyone knows, I am here and I am watching the game. I'm not tracking who is posting when though, so if you feel someone needs a prod, please request one in-thread, with the standard bolding

Mod: blah blah blah

format.

Thanks!

Vel
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Kill-kill »

HackerHuck wrote:Way to quote snip. :roll:
Kill-kill wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:
Annachie is a little less scummy in my eyes
. Although he's also being quite timid in his actions and not scumhunting, I really got a good town feel from this post:
Man, there is something about this thread that seems to be preventing me from reading things correctly. My apologies.

In any case, can you explain how that post was in any way townie?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by xvart »

I'll be posting either later tonight or tomorrow; I've been swamped at work.

xvart.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Kill-kill wrote:In any case, can you explain how that post was in any way townie?
I was really looking at the last bit. He's pretty much laying it all out there that he's got two suspects in mind and is happy if either one is lynched and is willing to move things around to do so. It's a pretty blatant post for scum to make, since they typically don't want to seem eager to lynch, nor do they want to give any appearance of wagon-hopping.

It's nothing that's got me thinking he's definitely town, but he's dropped down in suspicion below the the others.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”