Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Gayle »

->Tracker
I've never played in real life. I'm not a very nice in person, so I don't have enough friends. I prefer forum mafia games as people actually tend to discuss things and you have more time to think.

Rule wise, games with no lynch are much more interesting. It does often result in sudden bandwagons when the deadline approaches though. But a bandwagon is better than a no lynch.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Gayle »

Canada wrote: Really? A month long day... That doesn't sound odd to anyone else? ^.^. Go to school "Only 160 hours left 'till the day ends!" "What?"
Yeah, I've never played a game with such long days.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Gayle »

PaltryExcuse wrote: How do you feel
meta
plays a role in a
game?
...but if you're a newbie there is not enough information for meta...
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Gayle »

RPG*Twilight wrote: This strikes me as odd. I think what his question is referring to is would a majority of you be willing to do a no-lynch. I dont see how there would be some for a no-lynch and THEN go do bandwagoning. It's really an all-or-nothing kind of deal, the no-lynch. It kind of seems like either A) you're indifferent about it. or B) You dont want to look like you support the no-lynch, but you do. I cant tell. But that seems to be a pretty ambiguous statement. Could you clarify? Especially when you say "A bandwagon is better than a no lynch." Because we're talking about the vote, not the bandwagon. It just seems a bit odd.
...what?

I was saying that from the games i've seen with the no lynch rule, when the deadline approaches people tend to bandwagon to quickly get a lynch, and that, in my opinion, a deadline bandwagon is better than a no lynch.

I like games with the no lynch rule, because they are more interesting in my opinion. However, a no lynch should be avoided under all circumstances.

Understand now? Games with 'no lynch' rule = good. Allowing no lynch to occur = bad.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Gayle »

*looks at watch*

Hmm, looks like it is about time for random accusation!

RPG Twilight

From the very beginning (and yes, we are still at the beginning), twilight has been questioning a lot of things. Too many things, in my opinion. I understand that the point of the game is to question things, but some of these questions were a stretch. His posts are thick with paranoia for this stage of the game. He could be trying a little too hard to appear town.

tracker

I've never played a game with the random voting, but i can understand why questions would be a better (and more interesting) idea. Even so, it would be a good tactic to appear friendly and get to know the town's mindset a bit.

He asks about the everyone's opinion on allowing a no lynch, but does not give his own until everyone else has given thiers. Then he goes out of his way to explain why a no lynch may be feasible.

He establishes that he is scatterbrained and doesn't have the best memory. A good excuse for a mistake later in the game.

He questions twilight's use of the word agenda, as if he thought twilight was accusing him.

He first advocates lynching lurkers as a policy, and then waters it down a bit with 'if i believe someone to be scum then they're lynch candidate #1'.

Please forgive any formatting errors, as I did this in a different program and pasted it.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Gayle »

tracker wrote: What is your favorite role and why?
My favorite role is serial killer, because there is nothing more awesome than a lone serial killer winning the game.
What is your least favorite role and why?
Cultists. I would just hate to have my role changed mid game.

And if we are still doing this question thing, then my question to everyone is: Who is the
least
suspicious player so far?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Gayle »

RPG*Twilight wrote: The bolded part: Does that not sound paranoid to anyone else?
Yeah, I had that thought as soon as I hit submit.
imkingdavid wrote: I am choosing not to answer this for the following reason...
I'm gonna use the fact that I am a newbie as an excuse on this one.
imkingdavid wrote: @all: what do you guys think about tracker's continuous questioning? Do you guys see it as him trying to spark discussion or just trying to make it look like he's participating?
On one hand, we have little to go on so it doesn't hurt to have something to discuss. On the other, I think some of the questions are pointless and it is pretty much all he has been doing all game. But I want to wait for the awol players to post a bit before we start casting votes.

And a question about the forums. On other forums there is a way to view all posts by a particular person in a certain topic. Is that possible here, or do we have to do it manually?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Gayle »

Elmo didn't take kindly to my lurking and prodded me, so I'm reporting in. I've got no time right now, so I'll (probably) post something more substantial later.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Gayle »

I've not posted anything substantial in a while, so I will seek to change that now.

Firstly
RPG wrote: "Some of these questions were a stretch" Really? where? And how?
CommieX wrote:Could you give examples?
RPG wrote:
Me wrote: Rule wise, games with no lynch are much more interesting. It does often result in sudden bandwagons when the deadline approaches though. But a bandwagon is better than a no lynch.
This strikes me as odd. I think what his question is referring to is would a majority of you be willing to do a no-lynch. I dont see how there would be some for a no-lynch and THEN go do bandwagoning. It's really an all-or-nothing kind of deal, the no-lynch. It kind of seems like either A) you're indifferent about it. or B) You dont want to look like you support the no-lynch, but you do. I cant tell. But that seems to be a pretty ambiguous statement. Could you clarify? Especially when you say "A bandwagon is better than a no lynch." Because we're talking about the vote, not the bandwagon. It just seems a bit odd.
I found it hard to believe that RPG could not understand what I was saying there, and it seemed like an attempt to twist my words. However, I've decided to give him the benefit of doubt on this one.
RPG wrote:
Tracker wrote: [...] In short, if I believe you to be scum, I'll do my best to get you lynched, if I don't know, or don't agree with the case on anybody, I would prefer to lynch a lurker.
That bolded part of the quote strikes me as odd. "Anybody" is a vast generalization of... well, everybody. That would include lurkers. If you are preferring to lynch a lurker, isnt that a case, that he's lurking? I just find this a bit contradictory. Sounds like your just going to use any old reason in the book to get someone lynched.
Yes, what Tracker said here is a bit odd. But I don't get the 'If you are preferring to lynch a lurker, isnt that a case, that he's lurking?' part. I see what RPG is saying but... what does that matter? The important part is
that Tracker said he would lynch a lurker if he didn't agree with a case.

And while we are on the subject of RPG:
RPG wrote: Why would you hold out findings if your town?
Before this, Tracker had already stated that more than 'findings', he had more of a collection of his thoughts on things he found interesting. In essence, Tracker had already answered the question and offered to show his findings despite this if he received two more requests.

And one more thing, a bit off topic
RPG wrote: You did read the sentence before that, right?
If you want someone to form a prejudice against you right off the bat, that is a good way to go about it.

As for the others

Canada
seems awfully quick to jump on bandwagons, and only has a few posts with any substance. Though on the latter I can't speak too much as I am probably in the same position.

I did not like how quick
imkingdavid
was to cast votes for RPG and then Toon Fighter. He also completely forgot that he voted for Toon Fighter, and later chose to reinstate this vote even though he didn't even remember it previously.

Toon Fighter
only has 4 posts, and spends one jumping on the Tracker bandwagon and another pointing out that he has no findings of his own.

I don't really have much on
PaltryExcuse
. At one point RPG accuses him of trying to defend
someone
, and PaltryExcuse decides that that someone is Tracker. I might be remembering incorrectly on this one. He investigates RPG's meta, and upon presenting his findings imkingdavid immediately retracts his vote.

Not much on
Neo-con John
either. But one thing is confusing me, though I might be misunderstanding:
RPG wrote: didn't even talk to my scum-buddy (who got killed in D1, which I wasn't entirely active on.) Which, if you'll see, is exactly how I'm not playing now.
To which Neo-con John responds:
Neo-con Johnathan wrote: (1)RPG is scum;
(2)RPG's scumpartner is one of the people he has not interacted with yet.
Maybe i'm missing something but wouldn't the fact that RPG says he is playing completely different from his last game imply that he HAD talked to his scumbuddy rather than had not?

CommieX
makes alot of comments that I agree with, however I think his vote on Tracker was a bit early, especially since Tracker said he'd post his findings if enough people requesting them.

As for
Tracker
, his posts have already been gone over by everybody. I realize that he injured his hand, but he has yet to post the findings that everyone has asked for.

In this and my previous post, I've bolded names so that they stand out, not because the player is particularly suspicious.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Gayle »

I've been lurking rather than simply disappearing. I check this thread everyday, sometimes I just don't know what to post.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Gayle »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@Gayle: What are your thoughts on the tracker vs. NCJ situation? Is there someone else who you are suspicious of? Any questions are clarifications that need to be made?
Honestly, I don't think much of it at all. I was ready to hammer tracker until 1, I though I was being replaced and then 2, IKD posted. I'll have to look over Neo-Con John's posts and the case against him again.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Gayle »

PaltryExcuse wrote: I'm confused:
A) If you don't think much of it, why were you ready to hammer someone?
B) What do IKD's posts have to do with your opinion?
I mean I was a going to hammer tracker, but IKD suggested that we still have a week and so there is no reason to rush it. I don't think much of the case against NCJ, and am still leaning towards lynching tracker.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Gayle »

RPG, once again your questions bewilder me. The post I am referring to is 156 by IKD
IKD wrote: It appears to me as if, assuming he is scum and tracker is town, he put tracker at L-1 in hopes that someone would quick hammer and he would escape suspicion until Day 2. But we still have a good amount of time until deadline and discussion is still going.
I wanted to hammer tracker. tracker did another one of his 'will post later' posts, so I waited. When I checked the thread again I saw that I was being replaced, and wondered if my vote would even count and sent a pm to Elmo. After that was cleared up, I checked the thread and IKD had posted the above, and I couldn't exactly just hammer after what he posted, could I?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Gayle »

imkingdavid wrote: You're free to do what you want. If you feel that it's a good time to hammer, do so. I was just pointing out the amount of time we had left.
Yeah, I'm just saying it didn't seem like a good idea to hammer immediately after someone points out we still have plenty of time.
PaltryExcuse wrote: Why did you want to hammer tracker, Gayle? The last time I saw reasons from you to lynch tracker was very early in the day.
At that time, I didn't think of anyone as outright scum, but I had more confidence in tracker being scum than anyone else, he was one away from lynch, and truthfully, I wanted the day to end. I just don't get tracker in general, and much of what he says doesn't make any sense to me. It was probably based more on feeling rather than fact.

That all said, I would not vote for tracker now. Re-reading the last two pages and tracker's posts, my suspicions have changed.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Gayle »

RPG*Twilight wrote: Does it really bewilder you that I could have thought you meant mine when you never referred to an actual post?

Make sure you do your end first.
It does as I
did
specifically say it was a post by IKD.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Gayle »

IKD wrote:What changed between 166 to 172? You seem to be in support for a tracker lynch but suddenly your suspicions have changed.
That all said, I would not vote for tracker now. Re-reading the last two pages and tracker's posts, my suspicions have changed.
I was looking forward to RPG calling me out on that.
IKD wrote: [...] I don't want to draw attention to myself by ending after someone points out that it might not be beneficial to do so
Yes, that is right. Part of the reason I did not lynch is because I thought it would look suspicious. Am I wrong for not wanting to seem suspicious? The other part being that you suggested hammering might not be a good idea, so I didn't.

IKD wrote:This post sounds like a lot of "I don't really care much about who gets lynched,
I didn't think of anyone as outright scum, but I had more confidence in tracker being scum than anyone else
Which means I was going to vote for tracker rather than anyone else.

IKD wrote:Who have they changed to, then, and would you like to share?
The people I find most suspect are yourself, PE, and ncj. Yes, two of the three have questioned me recently.
IKD wrote:I'm not liking this recent behavior at all. FoS: Gayle
By recent behavior do you mean the part where I've actually been responding to questions and posting instead of lurking? I've been answering honestly, that's all.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Gayle »

RPG*Twilight wrote:
Gayle wrote:
I was looking forward to RPG calling me out on that.
What? I'm not even in your suspect list, yet you wanted me to answer? [...]
No, this has nothing to do with suspicions, I just thought you'd out point the contradiction. It doesn't change the fact that I think you are town.
RPG wrote: What did he say? What made your suspicions change?
Its more of what other people said. I'll give a more detailed reply to your post (and PE's posts) later in the day, as I'm short on time right now.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Gayle »

Things turned out alot differently than I thought saturday, and as a result I'll be busy until tuesday night, and by then someone will have likely been bandwagoned.

Quickly, I am going to go ahead and vote for NCJ. While I suspect PE and IKD, I can't justify voting for them over NCJ, and at the very least they've actually been posting.

I realize this is a bad time to go V/LA, especially since I promised a post, so I won't fault town for whatever they decide.

VOTE: Neo-Con John
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Gayle »

Now, keep in mind this post is based just on a quick review.

The people who voted for NCJ were PaltryExcuse, tracker,imkingdavid,myself, and RPG. RPG is (was) confirmed town. Tracker is likely town. PaltryExcuse started the wagon on NCJ, so he is likely town. I happen to know that I am town. And for now I suspect that IKD is town.

Note that of the people that voted for tracker, only RPG, the confirmed townie, voted for NCJ.

In my mind, the people we should focus on first are CommieX, Canada, and Toon Fighter.

It alphabetical order:

Canada

PE wrote:@Canada: Right now I'm finding you mightily suspicious. You didn't seem to take a clear side in any direction at any point in Day 1. This could be interpreted as scum waiting to put their vote on the right person at the right time. We have not seen any real scumhunting from you. I'm curious as to your suspicions the most right now as wishy-washy thinking is troublesome.
Exactly right. There is not much more to add to that.

CommieX

Though he only has 10 posts, I think his scumhunting has more substance than Toon Fighter, who has 19. Too bad he will likely be replaced.

Toon Fighter

He seems to be scumhunting, but there is not a lot of substance. He has voted for CommieX based on his 'earlier suspicions', but a quick glance back reveals that his earlier suspicions are a 'hunch'. I don't understand why he would vote for CommieX over Canada.

As far as suspisciousness (firefox says its not a word) goes Toon Fighter = Canada > CommieX (IMHO).

VOTE: Toon Fighter
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Gayle »

imkingdavid wrote: Unless I missed anything. Having 3 different votes and 2 different FoS's by page 8 is hardly a reason for suspicion.
Anything can be a reason for suspicion. Voting for so many different people can be found suspicious. Especially when you do such a thing as forget who you voted for.
IKD wrote: Anyway, at this point, I'm suspicious of Gayle, as I stated before the end of day 1, and still for the same reasons. Also, Canada and CommieX need to post or be replaced. It's been a while since we've heard from either of them, and it's not helpful at all to have absent players in a game with only (now) 7 people.
Please tell me exactly what you are suspicious of that I have yet to addressed.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Gayle »

PaltryExcuse wrote:What made you suspect that IKD was town? At the end of the day, I, NCJ and IKD were your top suspects.
IKD wrote:-Now it's day 2 and you immediately drop all suspicions of the previous day (namely on myself and PE), since "PE started the wagon on NCJ" and "for now I suspect that IKD is town".
What changed between day 1 and 2 is that we have confirmed town and confirmed scum. As simple as it might sound, IKD voted for NCJ when he only had two votes. If I think the people who voted for NCJ are likely town, it only makes sense to focus on the others.

IKD wrote:I'm just saying that I don't feel that I have been changing suspects that often in relation to other people, nor do I feel that I have changed suspects more often than is acceptable. If you feel different, so be it.
I was saying that it is ridiculous to just outright say that something isn't suspicious or 'hardly a reason for suspicion'.
IKD wrote:And you accuse me of changing suspicions a lot?
No, I was commenting on the 'hardly a reason for suspicion' as I say above. I will say this though, changing suspicions a lot is different from changing votes alot.
IKD wrote:You seemed overeager to stay on everyone else's good side (you changed your mind on hammering simply because I commented on how it might not be a good idea. I still feel that if you felt strongly enough to hammer before I posted, you should have felt strongly enough after I posted. I was simply trying to make sure people knew how much time was left.)
Here's the thing. I don't want to get lynched. Getting nk'd is a better way to lose than getting lynched. And as I've said before, I
didn't
feel strongly enough.
IKD wrote:Your suspicions on tracker flip flopped from one post to the next. You said who they changed to (myself, PE and ncj), but I don't see where you said why or how you changed your suspicions so quickly.
You are correct in that I never stated the why, and I am not about to make a detailed post now either, as I think it is now irrelevant. I'd like to point out that changing suspicions is 'hardly a reason for suspicion'.
tracker wrote:reread IKDs posts

With IKDs post count and trackers 'review' speed, this could take some time.

In other news, What does everyone think of
Toon Fighter
?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Gayle »

Eh? Canada got replaced? Didn't he post on the 27th?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Gayle »

Since you've just read the entire thread and have it fresh in your mind, does anyone in particularly seem suspicious to you?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Gayle »

Toon Fighter wrote: Also, even if you interpret that post as me defending NCJ, why would I do that if I knew he was scum? I would know that, if he were lynched, he would be outed, and I would be looking suspicious if I defended him.
That is why you defended him 'softly' and did that whole 'scum partner' post; so that you could deny defending him and point out that you looked for his scum partner if you came to be suspect.
Hercule Poirot wrote: How good do you think our odds of winning this game are?
That depends. If Toon Fighter, yourself, or CommieX are scum, then we have a good chance of winning. If IKD or PE are scum, I think we are screwed. If tracker is scum, who knows? Maybe that will change though, since you have joined and we are likely to get another replacement.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Gayle »

Hercule Poirot wrote:Why would we be screwed if IKD or PE are scum?
For the entire game, the people who have lead the discussion were RPG, IKD, and lately PE. Everyone else just sort of either went along with them or defended themselves. RPG got nk'd, and that leaves PE and IKD. If someone is going to be bandwagoned, I doubt it will be either of those two unless they really slip up or you and commiex's replacement make a big difference. The rest of us have all had much stronger cases presented against us than anything against those two.
HP wrote:Everyone, have you read the Sherlock Holmes canon?
Yes, this is important. Believe me, it could turn the game around depending on your answer. I know how random this sounds, but this will be important later. I'm not even joking.
The last time I read a Sherlock Holmes story was so long ago that my answer might as well be no.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Gayle »

wikipedia wrote:fifty-six short stories and four novels
There goes trying to read it.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Gayle »

This game is running the F11 setup, which chooses randomly between these four variations:

* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
* 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Vanilla Townies
* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies

* 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies
Unless we don't have a doctor.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Gayle »

PaltryExcuse wrote: C) In your first post you congratulate the town on finding scum, a serious newbie scum tell.
Hercule Poirot wrote:Impressive, catching a scum on the very first day.
I don't know about that one. Why is it a scumtell to congratulate town on finding mafia? I probably would have done the same thing if I was the one who replaced into the game.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Gayle »

tracker wrote: Something is striking a cord with me on here but I can't find anything that would be the cause of it.
tracker wrote: IKD's posts are radiating something and I determine what or anything concrete
Can tracker join the wishy washy club?
TF wrote:PaltryExcuse,
tracker
, imkingdavid, Gayle, RPG*Twilight (the players who voted for NCJ) are likely innocent, as they
could have voted for tracker
(who was also at L-1/L-2 for a lot of time). We even got confirmation on RPG, after his death.
Nothing suspicious. Just thought I'd point that out.

As for actual content in this post... well... I'm gonna jump bandwagons.

Canada/HP
PE wrote:@Canada: Right now I'm finding you mightily suspicious. You didn't seem to take a clear side in any direction at any point in Day 1. This could be interpreted as scum waiting to put their vote on the right person at the right time. We have not seen any real scumhunting from you. I'm curious as to your suspicions the most right now as wishy-washy thinking is troublesome.
First are these point by PE. Canada really was pretty non-committal for the whole game.
HP wrote:Toon Fighter. For this post [...]
Even though I posted the same thing, I'm thinking that with the suspicions by PE on canada (and therefore himself) and being asked 'who do you find suspicious?', if HP is mafia his only real choice is to answer Toon Fighter, who also happens to already have one vote.

[quote"HP"]tracker (4) <- RPG*Twilight, CommieX, Toon Fighter, Neo-con John [/quote]

He also uses this, which everyone else who I suspect as town has already pointed out as dangerous thinking.
HP wrote:How good do you think our odds of winning this game are?
In other words, 'How certain are you that you know who the mafia is?
HP wrote:Important question now.

Everyone, have you read the Sherlock Holmes canon?
Yes, this is important. Believe me, it could turn the game around depending on your answer. I know how random this sounds, but this will be important later. I'm not even joking.
How can you expect any decent number of a random assortment of people on the internet have read the Sherlock Holmes canon? It may indeed be that I don't understand as I've not read it, but I just cannot see how this will be important later.
HP wrote: It has a point. If at least one person has read the entire canon, we are pretty much guaranteed a win over the mafia, if my little trick works perfectly.
Except that mafia would nk you if they thought your plan had any kind of merit.
HP wrote:Who is the cop? If he claims to be the cop, and the doctor keeps protecting him, we can pretty much nuke the entire mafia. Step up Mr.Cop
HP wrote: This kind of destroys my plan, but....

Indeed, it is possible we have no doctor, or no cop. But say, if you were in the mafia, wouldn't you take this chance to claim cop? [...]
As PE pointed out, if scum claims cop and there is a cop, there will be a counter claim. And even if the fakeclaim resulted in two townie deaths, the is only one mafia left and his fakeclaim would get him lynched the next day. Also, being suspect and a replacement, if you were mafia it would be in your best interest to kill the cop asap.

VOTE: Hercule Poirot

I went reading in the other newbie games and noticed that fancy area tag. Thought I'd try it out.
Tracker wrote:I am going to go in about 30 minutes, have fencing practice today
For a moment I thought tracker was
also
going fencing and wondered when it became so popular.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:Tracker: I want to believe he is town, but something is just giving me a scum alarm in my brain right now.... too be watched
Gayle: Veryyyyyyyy Scum.. I put my 5 dollars on him being one of the scum.
HP: TOWN... I don't see the case against him, the only bad thing is he is making a newbie mistake of role fishing.
IC: he is a town alligned player.
Paltry: Third Scum
RPG: Confirmed Town
Toon Fighter: Town
Er... you want to go into more detail?
IC: he is a town alligned player.
Who is IC?
SirPent wrote: vote: Gayle
WHAT
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Gayle »

Toon Fighter hasn't posted since the 29th either. From my understanding we need to post at least once every 48 hours.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:Since, there is only one scum left if the cop has a guilty we have him tell us, and we lynch that person game over.
Sounds like a plan.....
The cop would have claimed by now if that was the case.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #32) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Gayle »

@SirPent: Have you actually read the thread?

@Toon Fighter:
  • You have 13 posts total, and you never really post unless someone addresses you directly.
  • You jumped on the tracker bandwagon, and your reason for doing so was weak.
  • PE points out that Canada never really contributed, but I think you are guilty of the same thing.
  • You vote on CommieX either out of nowhere on a hunch, and don't respond to any questions about it.
  • When no one went for CommieX and the focus shifted away from you, you reappear with a pointless 'he could be lurking' and an unvote.
I am going to keep my vote on HP until I see how he responds, but i'm willing to shift it to you in an instant.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #33) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:Okay it's time to come out about this, I am your cop and I received the information that my replacee found Gayle to be scum last night.

unvote vote: Gayle
Well, so much for my case against Toon Fighter. I am Vanilla Town, which means this is a fakeclaim and you are mafia.

VOTE: SirPent
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #34) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Gayle »

@SirPent:This makes this a triple post, but If I'm confirmed scum, why did you vote for HE (whoever that is)?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:
Gayle wrote:@SirPent:This makes this a triple post, but If I'm confirmed scum, why did you vote for HE (whoever that is)?
Why would you say this after you said your vanilla townie?

That vote was meant to be HP to test my theory on who stays and who goes off the bandwagon.
As in, If I am confirmed scum from
your perspective
, why would you vote for anyone else? Why would you even be 'testing theories'?

Also, why this post?
SirPent wrote:Since, there is only one scum left if the cop has a guilty we have him tell us, and we lynch that person game over.
Sounds like a plan.....
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Gayle »

I don't understand why you would fakeclaim. I'll flip Vanilla Town, and then you'll be lynched. Game Over.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #37) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:That vote was meant to be HP to test my theory on who stays and who goes off the bandwagon.
Why would you even risk a townie being hammered?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #38) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Gayle »

Damn it, I'm sitting here hitting F5 but no one is here!

@SirPent: I really don't think you read the thread. You didn't know that everyone knew exactly how many mafia were left, and now you fakeclaim. If I'm lynched, the only defense you'll have on Day 3 is Insane Cop, but there is no insane cop in this game.

New post on preview!
Your not town, and I did this by putting HP at L-1 I wanted to see if anyone took the bate
Im talking about HP. Why would you put a townie at L-1 if you knew who was scum?
but then I finally got my results back from the mod on the night investigations for my repllacee and they were guilty for gayle, gayle Caught you!
An obvious lie. Elmo would have notified you of any results the second you joined the game.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Gayle »

@Gayle I did read the thread, and putting HP at L-1 would see who would go for the quick hammer. You are so scum.
Dude, I hope you are really just a newbie mafia and aren't just trolling the game.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Gayle »

Was I really so scummy during the game that people vote for me over SirPent's ridiculous logic and posts that make zero sense?
Really?
I'll tell you what. I'll go ahead and emo vote. There is no reason to waste time waiting for HP to reply. Either SirPent is mafia or a troll, and either way he should be lynched next.

VOTE: Gayle
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #41) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Gayle »

PE wrote:@Gayle: Why did you self vote? There was nothing to gain by that.
When tracker posted
I find SirPent more scummy than Gayle
and
still
voted me, I just got really annoyed. And then I thought 'there is no way anybody but tracker would read SirPent's posts and believe he was a cop. When IKD voted me and said 'nobody hammer', I got even more annoyed and thought, 'If i'm going to be lynched, just hurry up and do it so I can join another game'. So to put it simply, I got annoyed. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done it, but I get annoyed at people easily.
I just didn't like gayle.
If you are not mafia, congrats on getting a townie lynched, and another townie nk'd because you 'just didn't like' somebody. An excellent strategy sure to lead to a townie victory. I salute you, sir.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #42) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Gayle »

I was completely wrong the entire game. I don't think I questioned IKD even once. When I hammered myself, I was too focused on SirPent to even consider that IKD might be mafia. Also, it somehow eluded me that hammering myself would also cause another townie to be NK'd. Sorry 'bout that PE.

I wonder how the game would have turned out without the fakeclaim though.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #43) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Gayle »

Elmo wrote:I'll probably change how I do some things on the basis of this game. Any kind of detail will have to wait..
Please don't. You are the only mod so far that I haven't quietly mumbled rude comments about. After being in your game, I become SHOCKED when other mods miss a vote. Seriously, don't change a single thing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”