Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:37 am

Post by CommieX »

Hello. I'm CommieX. Yup.
tracker wrote:
Canada: Do you prefer to be town or scum?
Not sure I like this. Probably nothing to get exited about this early, but still noteworthy.
CommieX: What is your favorite part about playing mafiascum?
Not very experienced on MS, so I'll just answer for the game in general. To put it simply, it's a unique game in that it challenges my logical side and my creative side at the same time, as well as social skills. I guess I like the challenge of the game.
And one final question for everyone: What is your view on No-Lynching? Is their ever a time where No-Lynching would be better than a lynch?
Hmm. Well I suppose that in a game that had reached the point where the town had to be extremely cautious or risk blowing the game, or in another special circumstance it would be acceptable. It's certainly not a good idea now, as a fully carried out lynch would obviously yield much more information than a no-lynch.

And now my question to you: Why did you choose this question in particular to ask to everyone?
IKD wrote:What is your experience in playing mafia (either online or offline)?
Offline, I've been playing mafia with friends for about two years now, and I'm actually hosting a session at my house tomorrow night. I did have another MS account a long time ago that I had one completed game on, but I've forgotten the name and pass, so I made a new account instead.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:44 am

Post by CommieX »

I'm back, our internet went down over the weekend. Sorry.

Now then, on with the scumhunting!

Gayle wrote:From the very beginning (and yes, we are still at the beginning), twilight has been questioning a lot of things. Too many things, in my opinion. I understand that the point of the game is to question things, but some of these questions were a stretch. His posts are thick with paranoia for this stage of the game. He could be trying a little too hard to appear town.
This has already been touched on, but I still really don't like this for two reasons

1. Mafia is pretty much the game of paranoia
2. You kinda have to make stretches in the beginning of the game to get the game rolling

Gayle:
but some of these questions were a stretch.
Could you give examples?

tracker wrote:and often times, from what I've seen, scum are heavy lurkers so you'll often hit scum
Eh? Not from my experience, but I have a more limited experience on this site.

KingDavid:
(and everyone else but IKD is the most experienced so I'm most interested in his opinion), What's your take on this?
however if you would rather let the scum have a free kill.... I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
I can't speak for RPG, but it kinda seems like you're strawman-izing his argument? (am I using that right?)
I would rather lynch scum that waste my days policy lynching lurkers.
Again, Strawman-izing (I think)? Everyone besides the scum wants to lynch scum. That's how we WIN.

I don't have a favorite role, I don't have a least favorite role. Wouldn't it be a bit more appropriate to ask those questions in a game where there's more experienced people playing?
imkingdavid wrote:I am choosing not to answer this for the following reason...
I don't want to give the scum knowledge of who I suspect the least, as doing so will let them know who not to try and push the lynch of. Also mafia often NK (night kill) the most pro-town players that they would have a hard time building support for a lynch of. So by answering this question, I would only be aiding the scum, which is something I do not wish to do.
I agree.
tracker wrote:The fact that you say townie tells me that you probably have an analitical mind. You enjoy decidphering people's posts to find discrepancies that signal scum. correct?
Please don't try and psychoanalyze people. Just...don't.
just because I haven't chosen to announce my findings to the world doesn't mean I don't have any.
And what is this, mr. every little bit of information helps the town?

Vote: Tracker
for not sharing with the class.

imkingdavid wrote: As far as RPG goes, you may have something there... I played with him in Newbie 826 and he played pretty much the same way that he is playing so far, and turned out to be scum.
As in throwing around a lot of questions in the beginning, or something else?

BTW, I realize a lot of my post has already been touched on by other people.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by CommieX »

imkingdavid wrote: Would you agree or disagree that mafia has more to be paranoid about than a pro-town player?
Disagree, at least in the context of this game, as the mafia knows who is with them and who is against them whereas the town doesn't. But it's subjective.
imkingdavid wrote:2) Please please label your quotations. Because just from reading this and the next quotation, it looks like you're attributing them to me and then accusing me of strawmanning. However, both this and the next are from post #37 by tracker. So to avoid confusion, add ="player" to the
I apologize.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by CommieX »

@Tracker: Just so we're clear:
tracker wrote:just because I haven't chosen to announce my findings to the world doesn't mean I don't have any.
Announce your findings.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:45 am

Post by CommieX »

I apologize for not getting anything up the last few days. Just went through a quick read, i'll re-read and hopefully get something up when I get home tonight.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:18 am

Post by CommieX »

canada wrote:Could this be giving himself an excuse to lurk more on the weekdays? Not saying it is for sure, but I think it’s a possibility, and as such, is worth thinking about.
In general, I really hate points like this. It's not like we can prove or disprove anything about anyone's personal life, so nothing can really come out of lines involving them.
canada wrote:I somewhat agree with this. He does seem a little paranoid, but it’s hard not to be when you have some people trying to kill you off, is it not? It’s early in the game, almost no discussion is going on, and I think he was just trying to start some. That being said, I think Twilight makes a good point is his post:
Could you clarify where you stand on this, because you started out saying you somewhat agree with gale, but then write a paragraph defending twilight.
IKD wrote:To be entirely truthful, it is mostly instinctual gut feelings based on what I remember from your meta. like I said above, I'll take some time to actually compare the two games. Sorry if it's a null tell. But it did get some discussion, did it not?
So you admit to making a hasty vote, but then it almost seems like you try to justify it by saying it got discussion?
RPG wrote: Good. I imploy you all to look into that. At the very least, it brings up discussions.

I'll answer all questions.
RPG wrote: But, to clear things up, those use of words were intended to show my inactivity for THAT game. Not anything else. But good looking into it, Kingdavid, but the context for which you find it is inaccurate.

I only said that because I never really interacted with anyone that game beyond the hello's on day 1. Actually, I dont believe I really interacted a whole bunch until day 3.

As you can tell, i've interacted MUCH more on this day 1 then in previous.
You seem to be taking being accused pretty well.

@Tracker: I realize that you have a busy personal life, but I think I may speak for the town when I say that we're all anxiously awaiting your post.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:11 am

Post by CommieX »

gayle wrote: CommieX makes alot of comments that I agree with, however I think his vote on Tracker was a bit early, especially since Tracker said he'd post his findings if enough people requesting them.
Just to clarify, tracker said that after I made my initial vote on him. I'm keeping my vote on him at least until he actually produces these findings, then I'll probably unvote unless something else comes up concerning him that would make me want to keep my vote.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 am

Post by CommieX »

IKD wrote:On the other hand, tracker promised his analysis "Sat evening, sparing unforceable circumstances". And it's Sunday. So I expect it today, since you've promised it since about thursday evening, so you must have been near completion then if you could promise it then.
If not, I might even be willing to change my vote.
But we'll see about that.
Eh? Why would you change your vote to Tracker for stalling, when Toon Fighter is obviously a bigger culprit of this?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by CommieX »

Toon Fighter wrote:About CommieX: I don't know, I just felt like his accusations of tracker were scummy. He put a lot of pressure on him, but know he seems to be protecting him and accusing me instead :

Quote:
Eh? Why would you change your vote to Tracker for stalling, when Toon Fighter is obviously a bigger culprit of this?

It seems even more suspicious. he is trying to divert attentions from himself and pointing at the most suspicios people at the time. And note, he reinstated his accusations on tracker the previous post, and now, instead of trying to convert IKD, he attacked me instead.
1. You are the biggest lurker of this game. Fact. The reason I said that is because it sounded like IKD was going to change off of you to vote for Tracker for failing to post, which you are much, much more guilty of.
2. This all happened after you said you were suspicious of me, so the fact still remains that you found me suspicious for pressuring someone who you admittedly found suspicious.
Toon Fighter wrote: About tracker (again):

He said he had a lot of findings, about a lot of people, but he never posted them. He said he could post on Sundays, but nothing yet. Suspicious...
Had you posted this now (It's around 6:45 here in Ohio), I would have agreed. But you posted this at midday. I would never have expected someone to have something up by noon. This one seems like a big stretch.
Toon Fighter wrote:About IKD, he seems very incongruent on his votes and accusations. He voted RPG, chenged his vote to me, the he forgot he had voted for me and unvoted, then paltryexcuse reminded him of that and he voted for me again, and now he seems on the verge of voting tracker. Those are a lot of suspect changes...
I agree. Not so much about the forgetting where his vote was, we all make mistakes, but still.
Toon Fighter wrote:About Gayle seems townie, and I agree with him on a lot of things he said.
Why did you throw this in there? No one had asked you about Gayle, and this seems very randomly thrown in there. Why him in particular?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by CommieX »

I'm really sorry I've been inactive guys, but there's been a lot of turmoil in my personal life and I just don't have time. Hopefully all of this BS will be cleared up by the weekend and I'll have some time to get a post up.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”