Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:56 am

Post by sigma »

Maeby's dead?!? COME ON!
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:50 am

Post by sigma »

Vote: hiphop

This vote is not entirely random -- I specifically decided to vote someone who I haven't played with before.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:48 am

Post by sigma »

Sotty7 wrote:Also not entirely random. I decided to vote for someone who has beaten me before
vi wrote:Bandwagoning someone who, if scum, could be a significant threat.
Thanks for the compliments. (I think.)

---

I'm a little disappointed that my non-random vote hasn't gotten any feedback yet. I'll go into the reasoning a little more: I have some decent meta on those who I've played with before (anyone in Mini 839 + CSL). Furthermore, the person who I vote for is more likely to be wagoned than any of the people I don't for. Furthermore, if someone gets wagoned in the early game, it will give me something to go on for a person that I don't have any meta experience for. So, I voted for someone I hadn't played with before.

@anyone who will answer: Do you agree with my reasoning?

Fixed tags
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:20 am

Post by sigma »

Don't really see it as a ruse. A scum-tell is something you shouldn't reveal, certainly, but me explaining my voting strategy shouldn't appreciably change the likelihood of an early bandwagon at this point.

I was hoping that someone would take offense at my stated reason and non-random vote me. I don't think that's likely to happen now -- probably should have waited a little longer for that to happen, but I'm feeling impatient.
vi wrote:people are having fun stalling the beginning of the game for no evident reason
Are you accusing someone of stalling? I think you should name names.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by sigma »

vi wrote:People are nonrandomly voting for you...
Were you expecting anything at all from hiphop, then, or were you trying to incite general controversy?

I don't understand what you're saying here and I'm pretty sure I'm not reading this properly.
In context with the above quote, this seems like you're looking for a bandwagon on yourself... not hiphop.
They're not randomly voting me for my stated voting reason, which is what I was talking about. Basic goal is to incite some controversy to get this game rolling, yes.

Given that a wagon is going to form, I'd rather it form on someone I don't know. I'm also taking a risk that a wagon would form on me, but I can deal with that.
RedCoyote wrote:Do you think that Vi was actually concerned about your vote in post 69? Did Vi's insight greatly influence, like, your reason for speaking out about your vote? You brought up that you were a little quick to pull the trigger, but, just to rephrase the question, what exactly did you expect the town to do or say, especially in such a short period of time?
Vi's post did not influence me particularly -- I just had some time to make a post and elected to do so. I expected someone to ask me about my stated reasoning for my vote.
RC wrote:"Disappointed" implies that you wanted to catch some attention for it, and that you are not impressed with crypto, Sotty, pops, hito, Pads, rofl, Mae, me, Infinis, and CSL for ignoring your vote. "Yet" implies that you are expecting feedback from players not named hiphop. Is at least this much accurate?
Yes to all, except feedback from hiphop was expected.
SpyreX wrote:So, was it "wagon because I don't know" or "lol, reactions"?
both, really. reactions get the game going, and wagon because I don't know is a decent strategy, IMO.
EnergyPenguin wrote: I am new here and none of you have ever played with me yet you voted for someone who others here have played with.
Good point. Question: Why did you vote for ConfidAnon?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by sigma »

Budja wrote:Limited time but here's my take from a quick skim.

^QFT.

Sigma initial vote was fine but still semi-random. I don't see why you were expecting much to come of it.
Sigma wrote:Basic goal is to incite some controversy to get this game rolling, yes.
Preferably not of yourself. Appearing scummy to end the RVS is not the best IMO.
I'm not trying to appear scummy. Is that your contention?
sigma, how is this a good point?
If you take my 'wagon someone you don't know' approach as good strategy, then it makes sense that the best target for this is someone who no one knows. that's what I was getting at.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:16 am

Post by sigma »

Some thoughts on various players:

CSL:
I've played with him before. His play seems pretty typical for him so far.

SpyreX:
Doesn't seem that scummy to me. Won't be voting for him at the moment.

elvis_knits:
only one game post at this time, voting vi for a dodgy reason. keeping an eye on her.

Decent amount of one post people in the game, but that's not scummy with only one RL day of game to this point.

Unvote

Vote: ConfidAnon

Getting a scummy vibe from his posting so far. His vote on SpyreX is an easy, 'blend-in' attack, and he did the same with his FoS on CSL. Definitely the scummiest player for me.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:09 am

Post by sigma »

Maemuki wrote:
sigma wrote:
elvis_knits:
only one game post at this time, voting vi for a dodgy reason. keeping an eye on her.
Why single out a person that only
posted once and RVS voted
when the game started yesterday and there are more people of that kind?
e_k's vote wasn't random. check it again and come back to me.
juls wrote:For now, my vote falls on sigma for several reaching arguments. It feels like he is planting seeds of suspicion everywhere to see what grows.
Examples, please, especially the parts where I'm 'planting seeds of suspicion everywhere'.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:32 am

Post by sigma »

@maemuki, hitogoroshi: I disagree. If bob directs a slightly accusatory question at bill, and then votes bill, it looks like a non-random vote. If you look at e_k's statement, it looks like she's implying feelings to vi ('it is not wild and crazy' implies that vi stated as such) that weren't there, IMO. So, I read it as a non-random vote for a dodgy reason, which is why I wrote my note in the first place.

@juls: My suspicions lie firmly on Confid_anon at the moment, which is why I'm voting him. elvis_knits is more of a IGMEOY suspicion.

@roflcopter: why do you see the need to claim that maemuki is town? No one's even voting her.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:15 am

Post by sigma »

I'm seeing my name in a lot of 'scum read' type posts but not very many actual points. Let me know if I'm missing anything and I'll address it.

Happy with my vote on ConfidAnon at the moment -- still getting a scummy vibe from him. I'm interested to see how he'll defend himself from this wagon.

I'm reading crypto and maemuki as two townies attacking each other. Both have shown enough independence in their games that them being scum doesn't fit at the moment.

I agree with vi that
conciseness is pro-town
. Don't fill up the thread with pages of the same argument -- it's more garbage for townies to sort through and makes it harder for them to do their job. Pretty much anyone who posted on pages 7-10 is guilty of this from what I can tell.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:11 am

Post by sigma »

Vi wrote:@imaginality 456:
Scum

Penguin, CSL, Maemuki, IdiotKing
Don't these targets look kind of...
easy
to you?
I sympathize with you, Vi, but I think this is a dangerous line of argument. Sometimes the easy target is the correct target. The difficulty in mafia is separating things like newbishness and white noise from actual scum-tells. If you want imaginality to go further into his reasoning, by all means, but calling those targets easy doesn't really get us anywhere.

For that matter, do you think that the people imaginality named look like 'easy' scum but actually are town?

Vote: Idiotking

Hoopla's post highlighting his tentativeness is excellent. More importantly, I highly dislike him bringing his 'I always replace out when playing scum' meta into the argument when hoopla only barely touched on him not having any completed games. It's distracting at best, but also has a good chance of being scum trying to justify himself with a major meta argument.

Will be thinking some more about the Confid wagon and how many scum were on it.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:02 am

Post by sigma »

Sotty7 wrote:
sigma Post 347 wrote:I'm seeing my name in a lot of 'scum read' type posts but not very many actual points. Let me know if I'm missing anything and I'll address it.

Happy with my vote on ConfidAnon at the moment -- still getting a scummy vibe from him. I'm interested to see how he'll defend himself from this wagon.
Don't these two sentiments conflict? You ask people who have scum reads on you to post points against you, then you go on to say you have a scum read on Confid?
I guess this depends on how you define 'scum read' -- this phrase is sometimes used to define having qualitative reasons to think someone is scum. Example: I see scum tells from X, but my gut says that Y is scum despite less scum tells, so I have a scum read on Y. In my quote, this is the sense I'm referring to. I had a gut read on ConfidAnon when I voted him "scummy vibe," and also cited a scum-tell "early bandwagon votes for 'defensiveness.'" Gut reads can't really be defended against logically, while citing something as a scum-tell can. I'm seeing a fair amount of 'gut reads' against me (see RCs 'you don't feel genuine' comments) and not much in the way of actual scum-tells. That's the difference between my attack on ConfidAnon and my comment above.
sotty wrote:He is my number two at this point. His whole over reaction to his own vote is scummy to me in that he wanted a seemingly quick end to RVS. As scum I find myself pushing a some what quick end to RVS so I can get on with my fake scum hunting. I have also just completed a game on another board where the scum also made a similar ploy to what Sigma is doing. “Why is no one talking about my non random vote in the RVS stage[/pout]”

This feels like a 'too town' attack to me. You're correct that I was trying to end the RVS quickly. Ending the RVS quickly is good for town, in my book. Do you agree?

I guess your attack on me is more of a 'trying too hard to be town' type thing, but I feel like it's based way too much on what others do as scum. Figure out if it makes sense based on the context of this game, not other games that I've never read or heard of.

Why are you voting me if I'm your number two candidate? Who's your number one and why aren't you voting for them?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:42 am

Post by sigma »

Sotty wrote:No, I clearly said that trying to end the RVS early in my experience is a scum tell. Why are you forcing your beliefs that it is not one, onto me? I am not accusing you of trying to hard to be town, I am accusing you of being scum. Perhaps if you can better explain why ending RVS is so townie to you I might understand, but as of right now I don't like how you are trying to frame my attack.
In my opinion, the RVS is useless for finding scum other than the fact that it initiates the game, and I don't think it even does a good job of that sometimes. The quicker it ends, the earlier we have actual material (bandwagons, strategy, theory, etc.) to scumhunt with, and the more likely town is to win. I've been anti-RVS as town and scum, so I don't think I score any townie points for being anti-RVS, necessarily. It could even be a minor scum tell. But is anti-RVS is such a strong scum-tell that it outweighs bandwagoning? active lurking? lack of scum-hunting? That's kind of a ridiculous statement, yet I haven't seen you bring up any other points against me. Despite that I'm thinking there must be additional factors in your case against me, Sotty, because it's frankly not credible otherwise.
RC wrote:Maybe you can justify this, but I cannot. It seems awkward, contrived, excusatory... whatever adjective you want to use. It doesn't sound townie.
I'm not sure I see the problem, RC. Yes, I was looking for reactions/discussion when I explained my vote, as I thought it was sufficently unusual that I would get questions (along with a vote, perhaps, but that wasn't the goal). That didn't seem to be true, so I went into it further and tried to generate discussion that way (which I think succeeded.) It's also true that I wasn't arguing for the sake of arguing, but that my voting strategy would make town marginally more likely to succeed in their objective. Does that make sense?
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:20 am

Post by sigma »

OK, folks, changing my vote. Idiotking would still be a decent lynch.

After looking at him more closely, I think CSL is scum.

This early contradiction is interesting:
CSL, 173 wrote:There's alot of people on [SpyreX's wagon], and I do not support an early lynch. No, I will not join it, because I refuse to feed the fire of an early lynch.
208 wrote:ConfidAnon seems like a good lynch target, so I'm going to Vote: ConfidAnon
Joins a bandwagon on a (now confirmed) townie 4 RL hours after he refused to get on SpyreX's wagon. That's really strange, and I missed it the first time, probably because it was my preferred wagon.

It's mostly the utter and complete lack of scumhunting, though. My experience with CSL is that he tends to scum-hunt in an over-the-top fashion and tends to get lynched for it. Tons and tons of fluff from him, but he's done nothing in the way of scumhunting.

Those are two big scum-tells, and it outweighs anything else I'm seeing right now.

Unvote

Vote: CSL
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:47 am

Post by sigma »

Players like CSL, crypto, Infinis, Idiotking and Energetic Penguin are good candidates
I'm more asking why infinis is on this list. I don't really agree with his wagon from what I've seen of his posts, honestly.

crypto's on there because he's clogging the thread with his slapfights, I'm guessing.

@vi: hoopla's right. lynch the scummy people. honestly, there are enough people exhibiting scumminess that we don't need to save certain people for a crosskill. Ideally, we lynch the scummy person and the mafia cross-kill each other's scummiest person, and the town is in great shape for day 2. Don't overthink this by going after 'harder to lynch' candidates because they're less likely to be cross-killed.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:49 am

Post by sigma »

And vi, seriously, you might be a good choice for a policy lynch too at this point. You're getting into wayyyyyy too many slapfights and clogging up the thread. Your iso has 70 posts already. Conciseness extends to quantity of posts as well as quantity of letters withen them.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:35 am

Post by sigma »

Explain your crypto votes please. All of you who are voting Crypto for assuming that there are two scum groups should explain why they're not voting vi for assuming that there are two scum groups. (I don't think either is a scum tell, the flavor obviously implies two scum groups, even if it's not a certainty.)
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:23 am

Post by sigma »

sotty wrote:
sigma Post 490 wrote:But is anti-RVS is such a strong scum-tell that it outweighs bandwagoning? active lurking? lack of scum-hunting? That's kind of a ridiculous statement, yet I haven't seen you bring up any other points against me.
lols. It would be a ridiculous statement if I said it. I didn't say anything along those lines however. This is your second misrep of my attack on you.
Sotty, you're just tunneling now and reading my arguments in the worst possible way. Firstly, I was granting your point "anti-RVS is a scum-tell" to make a rhetorical point. I don't think it's a scum-tell that can be applied to me. Secondly,
I didn't misrep you because nowhere did I say that you're making this statement.
Read my post again.

Let me re-state the rhetorical argument that I was trying to make:

You had stated one reason for voting me: 'anti-RVS is a scum tell.' You hadn't stated anything else. Since you were voting me at the time, either this scum-tell apparently outweighs the scumminess of the bandwagoners, active lurkers, and non scum-hunters (an argument that you just now called ridiculous, mind you, or at least you called it ridiculous when it comes to general scum-tells) or there was something else to the case that you were not mentioning. Does that make sense?
sotty wrote:Just because you say it isn't credible doesn't make it so. I would be the first person to put my hands up if I felt we where having a simply game theory disagreement surrounding the RVS but it has become a lot more than that. I put my vote on you and you have done nothing but try and reframe my attacks on you to make you look better AKA calling my initial post on you a too townie attack when it was anything but.

Now you claim I was right (“It could even be a minor scum tell”) while putting words in my mouth and generally trying to muscle me down from my opinions. It feels like you are annoyed that I haven't latched onto the easier cases hence your rant about active lurking and bandwagoning. It's pretty laughable actually and makes me think I am on the right track.
Re-read my posts in the context of my argument and see if you still think that.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 am

Post by sigma »

charter wrote: His latest backtrack of "I would not be surprised if there is only one scumteam" is just trying to cover his tracks, but now he's flip flopped again.
I was leaning towards crypto's innocence, but this is actually a really good point. Tossing off something like "there are two scum groups, genius" makes sense for an emotional townie, but to follow it up later with "I wouldn't be surprised if there's only one scumteam" seems really strange.
I like CSL better at this point, but crypto is looking more like a decent lynch.

His different languages post made me lol though.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by sigma »

Sotty7 wrote: You have since implied that I value the RVS scum tell above bandwagoning, active lurking and non scum hunters something I never said.
You are making that leap because you look at my vote and see it only for the RVS stand point.
The way you called up these three other factors of scumminess
just sits wrong with me. It's almost as if you are saying
“Okay yeah, I might have done something a little scummy but it wasn't as scummy as
these
guys.”
The green is absolutely right. I had to make that leap, because you didn't say anything other than the RVS standpoint. So yes, I implied that either you valued that scum tell above the others I mentioned, or you weren't giving the entire case. Apparently it was the second one. That's the point I'm trying to make here, but you really never gave me anything to defend myself with.

Other than that, in brown, it seems we come back to 'you feel like scum.'

It feels like tunneling not because you're ignoring others (and you're not, you are scumhunting others, let me make that clear before you accuse me of misreping again) but because I don't feel like you're really looking at my argument in an unbiased way anymore.

I think we've exhausted this argument.

----

Wow @ CSL's new post. Lynch this guy please. He's not even defending himself this game. Wayyy scummier than crypto.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by sigma »

SpyreX wrote:In one page from 8 to 15.

YEeeeaaaa, something tells me this isn't going to end well.
Wowsers, this is really scummerific. I wasn't even that interested in SpyreX, but I'm going to take another long look at him.

2/1 odds say CSL is trolling and is actually scum. 1/1 odds say he gets himself banned in the next three months. Now taking bets.

@vi: Which pronoun should I use for you? I've seen it both ways, and you've never cleared it up. I'm beginning to think vi refers to this character.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by sigma »

That's what I figured, but it was bugging me.

It looks scummerific to me if CSL flips town because it looks like scum trying to get some early distance from what he knows to be an innocent lynch. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

I honestly think there's a very good chance CSL is scum and is trolling.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:48 am

Post by sigma »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm surprised to see sigma, and pads on both wagons. I don't know them very well, but they don't strike me as real wagoners. Especially since pads wasn't even around that much, if I remember correctly. I guess if anyone else has a better meta on them, I'd like to hear it, but they strike me as the most opportunistic on the wagons. If you don't post much but you're on both wagons, that's suspect. Pads seems to have better reasoning though so I favor sigma here.
Could you clarify 'opportunistic'? Generally I see that word applied to someone who gets on bandwagons, but I was more a starter of wagons D1, so that doesn't make sense. Is there something else I'm missing here?

I don't know who to vote for at this time. I'm going to take a look at SpyreX and the folks who were on 2 or more town wagons.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 am

Post by sigma »

Vote Count, Day 2
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 0 )
charter ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 6 ) - Idiotking - roflcopter - Xylthixlm - Pads - sotty7 RayFrost
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - RedCoyote
Infinis ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 2 ) - Infinis - Vi
Pads ( 2 ) - SpyreX - hitogoroshi
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - elvis_knits
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 1 ) - charter
Unvote ( 6 ) - shotty to the body - Energetic Penguin - Maemuki - popsofctown - Zakeri - sigma
Total Votes ( 20 )

With 20 alive, 11 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 12th, 10am EST

rofl wrote:believe me when i tell you that scum are absolutely loathe to commit to an opinion about their scumpartners, to the point where they often ignore them altogether.
I agree, and I think this is the strongest point against elvis_knits. Not completely convinced about this though.

maemuki is interesting, but she was questioning imaginality decently well yesterday. I'm disinclined to vote her.

I find it interesting that vi is really going after this 'easy wagons' motif here, since she's making an effort to be on practically every wagon there is. It makes sense for scum to use an attack on players that they're immune to for playstyle reasons.

I'm not sure I have the posting frequency required to do this, but let's see where this leads. I think vi is legitimately scummy and needs some pressure.

Vote: vi
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:37 am

Post by sigma »

I agree that my wagons have been 'easy' in the sense that there were fairly obvious reasons to find people. I disagree that it's scummy, though (as you seem to be implying.)

Note that I started the ConfidAnon wagon (that you joined) and was 2nd on the CSL wagon (that you joined), so I don't see what your point is in getting this across.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:38 am

Post by sigma »

ebwop: end of first sentence should be 'find those people scummy.'
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:16 am

Post by sigma »

My scumreads have been EPIC FAIL this game. *sigh* I wasn't really feeling e_k=scum.

elvis' fellow mason shouldn't claim for a while, since they're confirmed town, right?

Looks like this bit of flavor indicates why there's only one mafia.
Flavor wrote:So, finding common cause, Mafia 1 and 2 became one once more… or at least until the town could be dealt with.
---

I don't think this flip makes you look good, vi. Bailing on the elvis wagon after she'd gotten to L-5 or so? Very dodgy. You have been going after elvis since day 1, but that could be some early bussing.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 am

Post by sigma »

vi's picture = :lol:
Shotty to the Body wrote: I also have no opposition to the sigma hate and for the moment my vote will rest there.

[...]

Also OOC what special powers do Mafia Masons have that regular Mafia don't? They already have night-talk and know each other's alignments so what's their deal?
'sigma hate'? the only person who was voting me before you recently got ran over by a train-driving dayvig.

vi is right -- the setup isn't that important to waste posts speculating over.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 am

Post by sigma »

hitogoroshi's unvote is unusual, and RayFrost gets points for noticing it. I don't feel like he's had much of an impact on this game so far, but I haven't noticed anything scummy either. He's someone I want to keep an eye on.

---

Yeah, I can't ignore rofl's 1036. After reading for myself, Mae's constant defenses of e_k happen too much to be a coincidence.

Unvote

Vote: Maemuki

---

Hey look, E-Penguin's still in this game.

@Mod: Prod for E-Penguin, please

Also,
@Mod: V/LA Thursday through Saturday.
I'll try and check in when I can, but being at family's house means that this game will be a lower priority than usual.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:01 am

Post by sigma »

Hop wagon easy!
Your hypocrisy/noise is getting really irritating. You hopped onto two of my wagons on D1 (ConfidAnon, CSL). Explain to me how that's different from what I just did with your Mae wagon.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:42 am

Post by sigma »

Questions. Much better.
vi wrote:Do you have any opinions that are counter to what everyone else believes? (aside from me=scum)
hrm. counter-opinions.... well, I didn't think elvis_knits was scum. That's probably not the best example to bring up. Trying again...

Let's take a look at what 'everyone' believes right now... probably looks something like:

roflcopter=town
mae=scum

Honestly, I think those are the only consensus points right now, and I do agree with both of them. I do think that I've done a poor job of giving opinions on others, as I don't really have any decent scum-reads at this point other than you and Mae -- and I'm not that sure about you. I have more town-reads, but I don't really want to get into those in detail, as I don't want my town-reads night-killed. Let me get back to you on this point after I've done more homework.
vi wrote:Do you believe I was correct in calling out Zakeri?
Zakeri is absolutely a good callout. I would like to see more actual content from him.
vi wrote:Do you have any opinion on E-Penguin, now that you've called him out for a prod?
Honestly, Energetic Penguin has done a pretty good job of active lurking so far which looks scummy. But, it may be genuine lurking since he hasn't posted on this game day. I wanted a prod of him to see if the distinction holds true for day 2. If he responds to his prod with another wagon vote or similar, I will consider that extremely scummy.

---

@Zakeri: What is your opinion of vi? What is your opinion of me? Finally, what is your opinion of SpyreX? Please use words like 'leans town' or 'looks scummy' and provide reasons for your reads. Substitute a different set of 3 players if you want, but I'd really like to see some opinions from you on other players besides Mae at this point.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:18 am

Post by sigma »

In this game specifically? I highlighted two of hoopla's posts as 'excellent' and 'hoopla's right' respectively. It wasn't just me who had a pro-town read on her, obviously, but I certainly thought well of her posts.

In general (not specifically from my experience in this game) I agree with the conventional mafia wisdom that pro-town lists provide a good starting point for mafia NKs, especially as we may not have 2 mafias in this game after all. Feel free to disagree with me and tell me why I should provide a townie list.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 am

Post by sigma »

Decent points all. After I make this post, I will be re-reading this thread carefully. Once that's done, I will give you a few town reads on people as well as my scum reads. Sound good?

@Everyone: I pledge to re-read the thread carefully and give the results of my re-read within 24 hours.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:54 am

Post by sigma »

Did I say 24 hours? How about 3?

A series of observations coming up:

Maemuki looks even more scummy on a non-iso read -- it's like she's waiting for negative mentions of e_k so that she can come in and defend her. Specific posts include 179,672,and 901. It's incredibly damning,and she absolutely needs to be lynched. I can't see any circumstance where I'd change my mind about this.

idiotking is a huge enigma. I highly, highly dislike his bringing up of his "I always replace out as scum" meta, and his voting of CSL / "but what if he comes up town? Oh dammit, he did" type scumminess. On the other hand, he took a prominent place on both e_k's and imaginality's scumlists, which argues against him being scum.

SpyreX looks a lot dodgier to me on re-read. SpyreX, you were all "lynch Budja" on D1 and that completely disappeared on D2. I know he replaced out and all, but why did you completely drop this case? replacements don't affect the role.

charter looks like scum. he was a late joiner on both Confid and CSL wagons, and his attacks on crypto look a lot worse after crypto's flip. crypto was attacking imaginality and e_k hard on day 1, so that may explain his death on N1.

what happend to the infinis wagon? I'm specifically directing this at charter and rofl.

vi looks more town on re-reads (calls crypto wagon garbage, for one.) I want to know why she dropped her case on SpyreX -- vi was going after him hard D1 but that's gone now.

RayFrost looks surprisingly town with his votes on e_k. Sotty looks town as well. Xyl, pads, and of course rofl look solidly town.

summary:

Town

RayFrost
Xyl
pads
rofl
Sotty

Scummy

charter
SpyreX

Needs To Be Lynched Immediately
Maemuki

Confirm Vote: Maemuki
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 am

Post by sigma »

Bleh, I posted too fast. Spyrex, you're probably more like 'slightly scummy' than scummy. I don't think townies usually drop cases out of nowhere like you did with Budja, but vi, rofl and charter are guilty of this as well (SpyreX, infinis, and infinis respectively) and not all of them look scummy.

I also don't like your 'something tells me this won't end well' post with regard to CSL -- that still looks scummy on re-read. It potentially lays the groundwork for lynchs of townies on the CSL wagon.

On the plus side, you were advocating for an e_k lynch on day 1, and that's a big point in your favor.

Overall read on you is 'slightly scummy' with the biggest factor arguing for your towniness is your advocation of e_k lynching. Don't understand why you're tunneling on pads, though.

---

I cannot emphasize enough that maemuki's game-long defense of e_k is an order of magnitude more scummy than anything else I've seen in my short career of forum mafia.
Notice that she didn't address this chainsaw defending at all in her most recent post. The town needs to lynch her immediately. This lynch has the added benefit of giving us better reads on vi, charter, pads and a number of others who have advocated for her lynch.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (isolation #35) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 am

Post by sigma »

mae wrote:I would defend myself, but my fate is sealed. My only hope is to out as many scum as possible with my lynch (coughrccough)
Appeals to emotion aren't the mark of good vanilla townies (coughCSLcough). Defending themselves resolutely is. Explain, thoroughly, your thought process in defending e_k. Be exhaustive. Give us plenty of scum and town reads. If you're really a townie, these will be helpful. If you're scum, I suspect you won't want to waste the energy. Right now, I'm pretty sure it's the 2nd, but it'll still help the town if we have plenty of info to go off of if you flip townie.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 am

Post by sigma »

charter wrote:And, we've already been over crypto was clearly not a mafia kill. There are like a dozen other people who are more of a threat to scum than him.
Wrong. Crypto voted both elvis_knits and imaginality D1. Do you think it's a coincidence that he voted both of our known scum (neither known at the time) and is now dead?

---
mae 1106 wrote:I defended e_k because I thought that the case against her was not very good - oh and gut. Guess my gut sucks. I thought that the e_k case was pretty much "I attacked a town player and that player died and he saw me as scum so I am scum"...and I was mistaken. My biggest mistake was drinking the wine instead of the lemonade.
@Mae: This explanation only covers your D2 defenses. Let me take you back to 2 times that you defended e_k out of nowhere.

179: You attack me for a light FoS of e_k.

672: You ask SpyreX for an explanation of why he now wants to lynch e_k.

Why were you defending e_k on D1?

I suspect you're not even going to bother defending this at this point, since you're scum.However, I'll repeat,
if you're town, follow xyl's request and give us your impressions of every single player.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:05 am

Post by sigma »

All right, mae, one more time:

We've reached majority, but you get 24 hours to give us your reads (24-hour lynch rule.) Technically, the town could still lynch someone else in 24 hours, but since you seem disinclined to defend yourself, that probably won't happen. Come back tomorrow and give us lots and lots of final thoughts if you actually want the town to win.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 am

Post by sigma »

SpyreX wrote:I'm starting to get some real bad jujubies from sigma too. Especially 1126 just oozes sliminess.
two things:
a) what does 'sliminess' even mean?
b) how is it a scum-tell exactly?

I really hate these drive-by scumtells with no explanation.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:45 am

Post by sigma »

Vi wrote:Hay sigma, is Maemuki scum?
I'm going to go with 90% chance that she's scum, and yes, I am trying to get her thoughts in case we're actually in the wrong 10%, and yes, I will probably be attacked for cheerleading if she flips town, and hell, I'll probably be attacked for acknowledging that she might possibly flip town.
*puts on cowboy hat* Bring it on.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2059 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:47 am

Post by sigma »

nice game, scum.

Scum has now won in 4 out of 5 games that I've played in. Apparently I'm good at throwing off power-roles.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”