Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #2

tracker (2) <- RPG*Twilight, CommieX
RPG*Twilight <- imkingdavid

Not voting: Toon Fighter, Canada, PaltryExcuse, Neo-con John, Gayle, tracker

The
deadline
is Wednesday 25th November, 22:00 UTC, which is 13 days, 5 hours and 44 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Toon Fighter & Gayle have been prodded.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

tracker wrote:
CommieX wrote:@Tracker: Just so we're clear:
tracker wrote:just because I haven't chosen to announce my findings to the world doesn't mean I don't have any.
Announce your findings.
my "findings" in this case would really not be of much use as we're on page 3 d1, basically what i meant by my "findings" where my thoughts and what i found "interesting" and stored away for future reference, I would prefer to save them for later, but if you and 2 others ask I will reveal them.

Mod: What happened to toonfighter?
Hey, I'm here.

2 people have asked, and I ask too: Show us your findings
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Neo-con John »

^ Agreed
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Toonfighter: What are your findings? We've heard from the others who've requested some information, but so far your posts are lacking in content.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

Me? I have no big findings. I only know what I said in my posts. I suspect a bit of tracker, because of his questioning, and, coincidently (sp?), of CommieX, for his presure on tracker.

About the rest, the waters are still very muddy. Maybe tomorrow they'le be clearer
~Toon fighter~
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

btw, I haven't flaked. Just been really busy. I'll try and have a post up tonight.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by tracker »

will answer everything later tonight siblings bawling for the computer
Canada
Canada
Townie
Canada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Canada »

IKD, you ninja'd me on the explanation :<. Anyways, I re-read the thread and made up a word document file of replies to the things I though6 warranted an answer right now, so if the formatting is screwed up by Word, please let me know :). This is like 3 1/3rd pages long in Word, by the way o.o. Also, these were written in order, as I read the post, so something may already have been answered/asked before.
tracker wrote:FYI: Sundays work best for me, might only do 1 or 2 posts a day on weekdays but sunday I'm normally on a lot. Saturdays vary.
Could this be giving himself an excuse to lurk more on the weekdays? Not saying it is for sure, but I think it’s a possibility, and as such, is worth thinking about.
gayle wrote:From the very beginning (and yes, we are still at the beginning), twilight has been questioning a lot of things. Too many things, in my opinion. I understand that the point of the game is to question things, but some of these questions were a stretch. His posts are thick with paranoia for this stage of the game. He could be trying a little too hard to appear town.
I somewhat agree with this. He does seem a little paranoid, but it’s hard not to be when you have some people trying to kill you off, is it not? It’s early in the game, almost no discussion is going on, and I think he was just trying to start some. That being said, I think Twilight makes a good point is his post:
rpg-twilight wrote:If it's scaring you that I ask questions, arent you the one who's paranoid?
Aren’t questions supposed to be asked at the start of the game, to start discussion? As I said earlier, I think he’s just trying to start discussion.
gayle wrote:He asks about the everyone's opinion on allowing a no lynch, but does not give his own until everyone else has given thiers. Then he goes out of his way to explain why a no lynch may be feasible.
This is a good point. I’d like to add that he explained it in detail. I touched it in my first post, with a small example, but he went insofar as to come up with two examples, one of which included three power roles,. He could be explaining it in depth so that the newbies in this game would understand, but isn’t that what the IC is for (not saying that others helping out is bad, or anything)?
gayle wrote:He establishes that he is scatterbrained and doesn't have the best memory. A good excuse for a mistake later in the game.
Thank god that the posts are all reviewable, eh?
gayle wrote:He questions twilight's use of the word agenda, as if he thought twilight was accusing him.
I re-read Twilight’s post, and (I) think it’s quite obvious that, a. he isn’t aiming it at anyone, and b. what the word agenda means. Could it be a means of making filler for the post, or of trying to make people thing Twilight is putting out some deeper meaning, and deflecting our attention to him?
IKD wrote: We need to be posting more often than we are (myself included).
I’ll be trying to post more too. Had some personal problems the last few days.
tracker wrote: So you mean it depends on their role/alignment? The word agenda just doesn't make sense to me here, is there some kind of hidden meaning there that I just don't understand?
He means townies and scum have different priorities. Scum will answer what they think makes them look the most like a townie, while a townie will answer truthfully (at least, I hope so).
tracker wrote: I would rather lynch scum that waste my days policy lynching lurkers.
So would I, but the problem is knowing who the scum are. If you have no idea who the scum are, would you rather risk hitting a townie power role of some sort, or a lurker, who, while also possibly being a power role, is not contributing much, if at all?
IKD wrote: Doctor/Healer; you get a small chance of protecting a person, but it only really works if you choose the same person that the mafia does on the same night. Which is pretty much just luck and good guessing. And you can't choose yourself. So yeah, worst role, imo, that I've been able to play so far.
[Offtopic] I think that doctors are overpowered in smaller games, but underpowered in larger games. Twenty player game with one doc? That’s a 1/19 shot at protecting someone! Whereas a four player game with a doc has a 1/3 chance of protecting someone – which means that you could potentially have a nokill night. [/Offtopic]
tracker wrote: just because I haven't chosen to announce my findings to the world doesn't mean I don't have any.
Pray tell.
tracker wrote: actually in the beginnings of the post but whatever. And I say that I'll do what I can to get the missing players back in the game.
And
tracker wrote: Gayle's to depressing questions, I'm trying to encourage more. not really twisting is it?
Can you clarify? I didn’t understand these.
tracker wrote:
RPG wrote: The only way we'll get past the "majority not finding scum" is if we start, oh I don't know, scumhunting.
Elucidate on this.
The only way we’ll get a majority of people who think someone is scum is to scumhunt? Sounds like you’re already acting a little "scatterbrained".
IKD wrote: what do you guys think about tracker's continuous questioning? Do you guys see it as him trying to spark discussion or just trying to make it look like he's participating?
It seems like a bit of both to me. The questions seem to be helping to start discussion, right now, but I agree he is asking a lot of questions, possibly TOO many questions to just be trying to spark discussion, and is instead, as you said, trying to look like he’s contributing, while throwing the attention to the answerers, not the questioner?
CommieX wrote: Disagree, at least in the context of this game, as the mafia knows who is with them and who is against them whereas the town doesn't. But it's subjective.
But the mafia have to try and make sure they don’t sound too scummy, lest they be lynched due to that, do they not?
tracker wrote: In this post(#29), RPG overexaggerates my case as to say I'll lynch anybody for any reason whatsoever, when this is not true, and I would rather lynch someone who's given off solid scum tells as I've already said.
I don’t believe that he was implying that – I think he was implying that you would use any excuse to get someone lynched (actually, I think that was stated, not implied).
Toon Fighter wrote: About the rest, the waters are still very muddy. Maybe tomorrow they'le be clearer
Seems like an excuse to lurk a bit more to me?

~Canada
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Toon Fighter wrote:Me? I have no big findings. I only know what I said in my posts. I suspect a bit of tracker, because of his questioning, and, coincidently (sp?), of CommieX, for his presure on tracker.

About the rest, the waters are still very muddy. Maybe tomorrow they'le be clearer
Really? Is that all you have to say? And I agree with Canada -- that last line looks like just an excuse to stay out of it even longer. Please try to actively participate in some scum hunting. It doesn't have to be a long post, but you need to show that you're actually participating, and not just active lurking.

Vote: TF
until you post some good content.

more to come soon...
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Canada wrote: IKD, you ninja'd me on the explanation
eh?

@tracker: I'd like to see what great "findings" you came up with so early in the game. You've been hinting at them quite often, so they should be good, eh?
Paltry wrote:Poorly worded sentence on my part. I didn't think that. I meant some are looking at those two for the 'too townie' reason, while they haven't considered you as being 'too townie' for being helpful. Just pointing out inconsistencies.
Ah, I guess I misread your sentence then. Just one thing to realize is that, as IC, it's my responsibility to be helpful, although that will diminish as the game progresses.
And really the only reason to describe someone as "too townie" or "too helpful" is if that is all they are doing (they are only trying to be nice and helpful and aren't actively scum hunting).
RPG wrote:That is true, we do have some previous experience. But you have me completely baffled by this. Did I really play the same way in that game as in this?
To a point, yes, from what I remember. I'll go back and read through it again and then read through this one when I have the time.
RPG wrote:I still have that game on my watched topics, and I re-read all of what I wrote. I got prodded, had short sentences,
didnt even talk to my scum-buddy (who got killed in D1, which I wasnt entirely active on.) Which, if you'll see, is exactly how i'm not playing now.
So are you admitting to talking to your scum buddy this time around?
RPG wrote:So where in that game is there really a whole lot of similarities to this one? That being my first mafia game, and being scum, was pretty unnerving. If anything, David, i'm playing completely opposite, i'm actually scumhunting. This makes me pretty weary of you, trying to use my meta that is the complete antithesis of what i'm playing now, to make your case. And that, and only that, is the reason i'm highest on your list? Again, baffling.
To be entirely truthful, it is mostly instinctual gut feelings based on what I remember from your meta. like I said above, I'll take some time to actually compare the two games. Sorry if it's a null tell. But it did get some discussion, did it not?
Canada
Canada
Townie
Canada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Canada »

[quote="IKD']eh? [/quote]

You beat me to the explanation of what IMO is.

~Canada
Canada
Canada
Townie
Canada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Canada »

Fffff. I seriously just did that?

~Canada
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

imkingdavid wrote:.
Not at all. I was just giving you every variable possible. I can definitely see where you could get that. But no. I still have no idea how I played very similar to that game at all. little bits here and there, possible. But if you do an ISO on me on that thread and this thread. I probably have close to 3/4 of the posts, with more content, on this one then that one.

But again, to answer this question. No.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by tracker »

blah, I'm out of time tonight, I'll have the Player Analysis done (hopefully tommorow(Friday) afternoon) sat, morning at latest, unless hunting interfers then Sat evening, sparing unforceable circumstances, I have Canada - Gayle down. Stopping at IKD as he's a big poster.
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
Neo-con John
Neo-con John
Townie
Neo-con John
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Neo-con John »

imkingdavid wrote:
RPG wrote:I still have that game on my watched topics, and I re-read all of what I wrote. I got prodded, had short sentences,
didn't even talk to my scum-buddy (who got killed in D1, which I wasn't entirely active on.) Which, if you'll see, is exactly how I'm not playing now.
This is an interesting piece of evidence here. I understand that this could have been an innocent unintentional use of words but it also could be a Freudian slip. If so it suggests that

(1)RPG is scum;
(2)RPG's scumpartner is one of the people he has not interacted with yet.

Ill do the research later on who RPG has and has not ben in contact with, unless someone else would like to. :wink:

If true, it would mean that tracker is not scum as he and RPG have communicated with each other, or a deeper unrelated ruse could be at work. Perhaps RPG's scum strategy is to strongly accuse his partner right off the bat in order to throw the rest of us off.

Admittedly I am speaking from a position that is already highly critical of tracker so I do not know how objective this actually is, but I do believe this new piece of evidence is something worth looking at. Though I am not even really completely sold on the idea that RPG is scum. Like I said it could just be a misuse of words.
Canada
Canada
Townie
Canada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Canada »

IKD wrote:So are you admitting to talking to your scum buddy this time around?
Nice catch, even if it's just an unintentional choice of words. Definitely worth looking into. Neo-con John made a good point as well - perhaps he accidentally narrowed down the people who are scum as well by stating he hadn't talked to the other scum yet?
tracker wrote:I have Canada - Gayle down.
What? Assuming you mean that you stopped at Gayle and I's posts?

~Canada
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Good. I imploy you all to look into that. At the very least, it brings up discussions.

I'll answer all questions.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

But, to clear things up, those use of words were intended to show my inactivity for THAT game. Not anything else. But good looking into it, Kingdavid, but the context for which you find it is inaccurate.

I only said that because I never really interacted with anyone that game beyond the hello's on day 1. Actually, I dont believe I really interacted a whole bunch until day 3.

As you can tell, i've interacted MUCH more on this day 1 then in previous.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Gayle »

Elmo didn't take kindly to my lurking and prodded me, so I'm reporting in. I've got no time right now, so I'll (probably) post something more substantial later.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:31 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

This game that RPG & IKD played together is getting a lot of air time here. Could you tell me what game this is?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:45 am

Post by CommieX »

I apologize for not getting anything up the last few days. Just went through a quick read, i'll re-read and hopefully get something up when I get home tonight.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:03 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Nevermind, I found it: Newbie Game #826
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I'm going with the meta in Newbie 824 is surrounded by null-tell.
RPG: It was his first game, and he was V/LA for most of day one, and inactive day 2. Different story this time: he is active, and scumhunting.
IKD: Despite only having 1 game at the time, was a pseudo-IC, helping people with terminology in the game. Similar to this game's play.

Question to RPG: When you say you didn't talk to your scumbuddy Day 1, are you talking about in game guidance or pre-game talk?
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Alright, reading back you are correct. I guess I was thinking about someone else. I really need to do my research before accusing someone of something. I will
unvote
now and I'm awaiting feedback from Gayle and CommieX.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Question to RPG: When you say you didn't talk to your scumbuddy Day 1, are you talking about in game guidance or pre-game talk?
Either. I was like a deer caught in the headlights that game. I had no idea what to do, so I pretty much kept silent the first two days.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”