Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by tracker »

I mean I've been doing this in alphabetical order and I've analyazed everyone from Canada - Gayle.

I just cut my left pinkie to the bone so if any a's, q's, z's, or anything else I use that finger for is messed up I apologize.
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

imkingdavid wrote:Alright, reading back you are correct. I guess I was thinking about someone else. I really need to do my research before accusing someone of something. I will
unvote
now and I'm awaiting feedback from Gayle and CommieX.
Er, you unvoted Toon Fighter because of the misconception? Did you forget you switched your vote off RPG?
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:18 am

Post by CommieX »

canada wrote:Could this be giving himself an excuse to lurk more on the weekdays? Not saying it is for sure, but I think it’s a possibility, and as such, is worth thinking about.
In general, I really hate points like this. It's not like we can prove or disprove anything about anyone's personal life, so nothing can really come out of lines involving them.
canada wrote:I somewhat agree with this. He does seem a little paranoid, but it’s hard not to be when you have some people trying to kill you off, is it not? It’s early in the game, almost no discussion is going on, and I think he was just trying to start some. That being said, I think Twilight makes a good point is his post:
Could you clarify where you stand on this, because you started out saying you somewhat agree with gale, but then write a paragraph defending twilight.
IKD wrote:To be entirely truthful, it is mostly instinctual gut feelings based on what I remember from your meta. like I said above, I'll take some time to actually compare the two games. Sorry if it's a null tell. But it did get some discussion, did it not?
So you admit to making a hasty vote, but then it almost seems like you try to justify it by saying it got discussion?
RPG wrote: Good. I imploy you all to look into that. At the very least, it brings up discussions.

I'll answer all questions.
RPG wrote: But, to clear things up, those use of words were intended to show my inactivity for THAT game. Not anything else. But good looking into it, Kingdavid, but the context for which you find it is inaccurate.

I only said that because I never really interacted with anyone that game beyond the hello's on day 1. Actually, I dont believe I really interacted a whole bunch until day 3.

As you can tell, i've interacted MUCH more on this day 1 then in previous.
You seem to be taking being accused pretty well.

@Tracker: I realize that you have a busy personal life, but I think I may speak for the town when I say that we're all anxiously awaiting your post.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:11 am

Post by imkingdavid »

CommieX wrote:
IKD wrote:To be entirely truthful, it is mostly instinctual gut feelings based on what I remember from your meta. like I said above, I'll take some time to actually compare the two games. Sorry if it's a null tell. But it did get some discussion, did it not?
So you admit to making a hasty vote, but then it almost seems like you try to justify it by saying it got discussion?
Yep.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:12 am

Post by imkingdavid »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:Alright, reading back you are correct. I guess I was thinking about someone else. I really need to do my research before accusing someone of something. I will
unvote
now and I'm awaiting feedback from Gayle and CommieX.
Er, you unvoted Toon Fighter because of the misconception? Did you forget you switched your vote off RPG?
And so I did. Nice catch.

I really should be paying more attention. My bad guys.

reinstate
vote: TF
Canada
Canada
Townie
Canada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Canada »

CommieX wrote: In general, I really hate points like this. It's not like we can prove or disprove anything about anyone's personal life, so nothing can really come out of lines involving them.
I know that it's not like we can prove it, I just mean if he logs on a lot during the weekdays, but doesn't post.
CommieX wrote:Could you clarify where you stand on this, because you started out saying you somewhat agree with gale, but then write a paragraph defending twilight.
I'm sort of on both sides right now, because he did seem a little paranoid, but I also think RPG was just trying to start discussion.
tracker wrote:I mean I've been doing this in alphabetical order and I've analyazed everyone from Canada - Gayle.
K, makes sense.

~Canada
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #3

tracker (2) <- RPG*Twilight, CommieX
Toon Fighter <- imkingdavid

Not voting: Toon Fighter, Canada, PaltryExcuse, Neo-con John, Gayle, tracker

The
deadline
is Wednesday 25th November, 22:00 UTC, which is 11 days, 1 hour and 31 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Gayle »

I've not posted anything substantial in a while, so I will seek to change that now.

Firstly
RPG wrote: "Some of these questions were a stretch" Really? where? And how?
CommieX wrote:Could you give examples?
RPG wrote:
Me wrote: Rule wise, games with no lynch are much more interesting. It does often result in sudden bandwagons when the deadline approaches though. But a bandwagon is better than a no lynch.
This strikes me as odd. I think what his question is referring to is would a majority of you be willing to do a no-lynch. I dont see how there would be some for a no-lynch and THEN go do bandwagoning. It's really an all-or-nothing kind of deal, the no-lynch. It kind of seems like either A) you're indifferent about it. or B) You dont want to look like you support the no-lynch, but you do. I cant tell. But that seems to be a pretty ambiguous statement. Could you clarify? Especially when you say "A bandwagon is better than a no lynch." Because we're talking about the vote, not the bandwagon. It just seems a bit odd.
I found it hard to believe that RPG could not understand what I was saying there, and it seemed like an attempt to twist my words. However, I've decided to give him the benefit of doubt on this one.
RPG wrote:
Tracker wrote: [...] In short, if I believe you to be scum, I'll do my best to get you lynched, if I don't know, or don't agree with the case on anybody, I would prefer to lynch a lurker.
That bolded part of the quote strikes me as odd. "Anybody" is a vast generalization of... well, everybody. That would include lurkers. If you are preferring to lynch a lurker, isnt that a case, that he's lurking? I just find this a bit contradictory. Sounds like your just going to use any old reason in the book to get someone lynched.
Yes, what Tracker said here is a bit odd. But I don't get the 'If you are preferring to lynch a lurker, isnt that a case, that he's lurking?' part. I see what RPG is saying but... what does that matter? The important part is
that Tracker said he would lynch a lurker if he didn't agree with a case.

And while we are on the subject of RPG:
RPG wrote: Why would you hold out findings if your town?
Before this, Tracker had already stated that more than 'findings', he had more of a collection of his thoughts on things he found interesting. In essence, Tracker had already answered the question and offered to show his findings despite this if he received two more requests.

And one more thing, a bit off topic
RPG wrote: You did read the sentence before that, right?
If you want someone to form a prejudice against you right off the bat, that is a good way to go about it.

As for the others

Canada
seems awfully quick to jump on bandwagons, and only has a few posts with any substance. Though on the latter I can't speak too much as I am probably in the same position.

I did not like how quick
imkingdavid
was to cast votes for RPG and then Toon Fighter. He also completely forgot that he voted for Toon Fighter, and later chose to reinstate this vote even though he didn't even remember it previously.

Toon Fighter
only has 4 posts, and spends one jumping on the Tracker bandwagon and another pointing out that he has no findings of his own.

I don't really have much on
PaltryExcuse
. At one point RPG accuses him of trying to defend
someone
, and PaltryExcuse decides that that someone is Tracker. I might be remembering incorrectly on this one. He investigates RPG's meta, and upon presenting his findings imkingdavid immediately retracts his vote.

Not much on
Neo-con John
either. But one thing is confusing me, though I might be misunderstanding:
RPG wrote: didn't even talk to my scum-buddy (who got killed in D1, which I wasn't entirely active on.) Which, if you'll see, is exactly how I'm not playing now.
To which Neo-con John responds:
Neo-con Johnathan wrote: (1)RPG is scum;
(2)RPG's scumpartner is one of the people he has not interacted with yet.
Maybe i'm missing something but wouldn't the fact that RPG says he is playing completely different from his last game imply that he HAD talked to his scumbuddy rather than had not?

CommieX
makes alot of comments that I agree with, however I think his vote on Tracker was a bit early, especially since Tracker said he'd post his findings if enough people requesting them.

As for
Tracker
, his posts have already been gone over by everybody. I realize that he injured his hand, but he has yet to post the findings that everyone has asked for.

In this and my previous post, I've bolded names so that they stand out, not because the player is particularly suspicious.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:11 am

Post by CommieX »

gayle wrote: CommieX makes alot of comments that I agree with, however I think his vote on Tracker was a bit early, especially since Tracker said he'd post his findings if enough people requesting them.
Just to clarify, tracker said that after I made my initial vote on him. I'm keeping my vote on him at least until he actually produces these findings, then I'll probably unvote unless something else comes up concerning him that would make me want to keep my vote.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Gayle wrote:I did not like how quick
imkingdavid
was to cast votes for RPG and then Toon Fighter. He also completely forgot that he voted for Toon Fighter, and later chose to reinstate this vote even though he didn't even remember it previously.
Yeah, wasn't really paying attention. They had kept pressing the issue despite me having moved my vote so I forgot that I even moved it. And really my current vote is just to get TF talking (a pressure vote, really). His most recent post doesn't reflect someone who has been actively reading the thread, from what I can tell.

BTW, for what it's worth, here's some random statistics I noticed:
Total posts (currently): 108 (including Elmo's)
Posts per player:
TF - 4
Neo - 6
CX - 6
Gayle - 9
Tracker - 12
Canada - 12
RPG - 14
PE - 14
IKD - 25

Either I need to shut up more, or some of you guys need to be posting a lot more. Especially those of you near the start of the list.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Toon Fighter wrote:Me? I have no big findings. I only know what I said in my posts. I suspect a bit of tracker, because of his questioning, and, coincidently (sp?), of CommieX, for his presure on tracker.
What is your case on your feelings towards CommieX? It can't be based on the fact that he is pressuring tracker in particular (as you feel similar)... so I'm curious as to what you don't like about his posts.
Feel free to comment on tracker as well if there's something that hasn't been already said.
imkingdavid wrote:Yeah, wasn't really paying attention. They had kept pressing the issue despite me having moved my vote so I forgot that I even moved it. And really my current vote is just to get TF talking (a pressure vote, really). His most recent post doesn't reflect someone who has been actively reading the thread, from what I can tell.
The issue was pressed because RPG thought he was being mis-repped. I felt it necessary to check it out for myself.
What about TF's most recent post makes you think he has been not checking up on the thread? CommieX has been pressuring tracker. Tracker has garnered suspicion in many eyes. That seemed to have been occurring when he posted.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Oh, and about the post count, (which this post must make me look like I'm padding my own... stupid after-thoughts) I'm surprised we have so few after 10 days... including at myself.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:38 am

Post by imkingdavid »

PaltryExcuse wrote:The issue was pressed because RPG thought he was being mis-repped. I felt it necessary to check it out for myself.
Understood.
PaltryExcuse wrote:What about TF's most recent post makes you think he has been not checking up on the thread? CommieX has been pressuring tracker. Tracker has garnered suspicion in many eyes. That seemed to have been occurring when he posted.
Here is TF's latest post:
Me? I have no big findings. I only know what I said in my posts. I suspect a bit of tracker, because of his questioning, and, coincidently (sp?), of CommieX, for his presure on tracker.

About the rest, the waters are still very muddy. Maybe tomorrow they'le be clearer
No attempt to scum hunt, and a hint that he might post "tomorrow". This post was on Thursday, so "tomorrow" would have been Friday. It's Sunday now. And he doesn't build onto anything he might have already said.

He says that "I only know what I said on my posts". He only has 4 posts including the one quoted. So that right there hints that he hasn't even been reading the thread. Otherwise, he would know what other people said in their posts. And as I said when I first voted for him, that last sentence seems like its just an excuse to lurk some more; his whole post seems like something to keep him from being replaced with out him having to actually give any thoughts.

The thoughts he did give (on tracker and commie) had already been given by others, so he just parroted those. And if he wasn't parroting, he should have expanded on those lines to show his thought process.
PE wrote:Tracker has garnered suspicion in many eyes. That seemed to have been occurring when he posted.
Exactly. All he had to do was check the thread, see who was most suspicious to everyone else in the most recent posts, and basically copy/paste whatever the issue was.

That's why my vote's on him. I'm not saying that I want to lynch him for lurking, as I understand that I have been advocating the opposite this whole game, and in a few others. My vote on him is at most a pressure vote. Many times, new players get scared when they get a vote on them, so they will be more likely to post when they see it.

-----

On the other hand, tracker promised his analysis "Sat evening, sparing unforceable circumstances". And it's Sunday. So I expect it today, since you've promised it since about thursday evening, so you must have been near completion then if you could promise it then. If not, I might even be willing to change my vote. But we'll see about that.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:42 am

Post by imkingdavid »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Oh, and about the post count, (
which this post must make me look like I'm padding my own... stupid after-thoughts
) I'm surprised we have so few after 10 days... including at myself.
(bold added)
After thoughts are ok; a lot of my posts are after thoughts and EBWOPs. But yeah, in 11 days, I'm averaging about 2 posts per day, if not more, while a lot of you are averaging 1 or less posts per day.
I'm not encouraging you guys to spam the thread or anything, and if you can't find time to post that much every day, it's not the end of the world; you aren't required to post every day by the moderator either. What I would like, though, is a bit more activity from the current level of activity, if at all possible.
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 am

Post by CommieX »

IKD wrote:On the other hand, tracker promised his analysis "Sat evening, sparing unforceable circumstances". And it's Sunday. So I expect it today, since you've promised it since about thursday evening, so you must have been near completion then if you could promise it then.
If not, I might even be willing to change my vote.
But we'll see about that.
Eh? Why would you change your vote to Tracker for stalling, when Toon Fighter is obviously a bigger culprit of this?
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

So many accusations...

I know I have been lurking a lot, but I have read the topic. I just don't know what to post.

About CommieX: I don't know, I just felt like his accusations of tracker were scummy. He put a lot of pressure on him, but know he seems to be protecting him and accusing me instead :
Eh? Why would you change your vote to Tracker for stalling, when Toon Fighter is obviously a bigger culprit of this?
It seems even more suspicious. he is trying to divert attentions from himself and pointing at the most suspicios people at the time. And note, he reinstated his accusations on tracker the previous post, and now, instead of trying to convert IKD, he attacked me instead.

About tracker (again):

He said he had a lot of findings, about a lot of people, but he never posted them. He said he could post on Sundays, but nothing yet. Suspicious...

About IKD, he seems very incongruent on his votes and accusations. He voted RPG, chenged his vote to me, the he forgot he had voted for me and unvoted, then paltryexcuse reminded him of that and he voted for me again, and now he seems on the verge of voting tracker. Those are a lot of suspect changes...

About Gayle seems townie, and I agree with him on a lot of things he said.
~Toon fighter~
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:56 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Toon Fighter wrote:About CommieX: I don't know, I just felt like his accusations of tracker were scummy. He put a lot of pressure on him, but know he seems to be protecting him and accusing me instead :
It seems even more suspicious. he is trying to divert attentions from himself and pointing at the most suspicios people at the time. And note, he reinstated his accusations on tracker the previous post, and now, instead of trying to convert IKD, he attacked me instead.
I think that the quesiton was criticizing IKD, not you. He's mentioning the fact that tracker being late in his response is nothing in compared to a poster who has only posted 4 times and admitting to waiting things out, so to speak.
Toon Fighter wrote:About IKD, he seems very incongruent on his votes and accusations. He voted RPG, chenged his vote to me, the he forgot he had voted for me and unvoted, then paltryexcuse reminded him of that and he voted for me again, and now he seems on the verge of voting tracker. Those are a lot of suspect changes...
Secondly, rampant suspect change can be scummy I believe. It makes the poster look as though they are searching for the town-consensus rather than scum (as town should not be afraid of being wrong per se, but afraid of not doing anything). However, a willingness to accept you have the wrong person (open-mindedness) is important.

I'll agree that IKD's post about voting tracker is odd due to its unexpectedness, however CommieX's seems much more thought-based and studious. I think at this point I'm looking for exact points on which you find CommieX scummy as the only one you gave I don't think was an attack on you at all.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Toon Fighter wrote:About CommieX: I don't know, I just felt like his accusations of tracker were scummy. He put a lot of pressure on him, but know he seems to be protecting him and accusing me instead :
I think that the quesiton was criticizing IKD, not you. He's mentioning the fact that tracker being late in his response is nothing in compared to a poster who has only posted 4 times and admitting to waiting things out, so to speak.
Maybe. But even then, he is (was) strongly accusing tracker. If IKD seems inclined that way, why not try and convince him further? If IKD is alredy thinking about changing his vote, why not say "I agree, tracker is suspicious. Vote him"? It just seems odd in my opinion.

The fact that tracker's stalling is small compared to my stalling may be true, but that was not the only thing that made him suspicious. It is another thing that makes him suspicious.
Toon Fighter wrote:About IKD, he seems very incongruent on his votes and accusations. He voted RPG, chenged his vote to me, the he forgot he had voted for me and unvoted, then paltryexcuse reminded him of that and he voted for me again, and now he seems on the verge of voting tracker. Those are a lot of suspect changes...
Secondly, rampant suspect change can be scummy I believe. It makes the poster look as though they are searching for the town-consensus rather than scum (as town should not be afraid of being wrong per se, but afraid of not doing anything). However, a willingness to accept you have the wrong person (open-mindedness) is important.
You're right. But how do we distinguish scum from an "open-minded" townie?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:40 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Toon Fighter wrote:You're right. But how do we distinguish scum from an "open-minded" townie?
That's the hard part.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by tracker »

Ya so i'm pretty sure my finger's infected with something, and I'm sorry I haven't gotten on since friday for more than a couple of minutes, I don't have access to what I've already done, will get on the other computer, later tonight (hopefully) but I will go fast for all I have left.

IKD

More helpful than other IC's, coins phrase later used against tracker, prods galore, 1 long post rather than 2-3 shorter, overuses findings, as with the rest, votes RPG, Votes TF w/o unvoting RPG, unvotes, Votes TF. Total posts page, IDK might have the biggest post count but who has the most content in their posts? I think the post count is being overplayed a little bit.

“I noticed that as well. That being said, I don't plan on giving anyone any extra leeway for being "scatterbrained". If you can't remember something, go back and look it up. Even if you accidentally misrepresent what someone says or what happened in the past, we don't know that it was an accident, and must assume that you did it on purpose. Which is a scum tell.” - IKD

Interesting.

Neo-Con John – 6 posts

Count on a lot of him.hasn't posted since Thursday. Not much for idea creation, more of taking what others find, suspects Tracker, from Gayle case, suspects RPG from scum-buddy slip

Paltyy-Excuse

PR can distract but shouldn't, contradict and lies good for scum finding, brings up a good point as IKD is the most “too townie” case of them all. Mentions that most of Tracker's comments have been commented on, when in reality not much of the meat has actually been touched on.

RPG – 14 posts

1 Q to everyone, No NL allowed, uses word agenda in completely confusing way, a lurking case is still a case, valid point, overstates lurker stance, mentions agenda line, didn't even talk to his scumbuddy day 1 in his other game, we have info, so what?

I would withhold my findings if I thought that they would do more if withheld until day 2 where we have 2 deaths to go off of.

TF

Many IRL games, Lynch rather than NL, takes what others said about tracker's findings rather than what tracker said.

So after all that I'm finding IKD and RPG kind of scummy. More later for now,
vote: RPG
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by CommieX »

Quote:

1. You are the biggest lurker of this game. Fact. The reason I said that is because it sounded like IKD was going to change off of you to vote for Tracker for failing to post, which you are much, much more guilty of.
2. This all happened after you said you were suspicious of me, so the fact still remains that you found me suspicious for pressuring someone who you admittedly found suspicious.
Toon Fighter wrote: About tracker (again):

He said he had a lot of findings, about a lot of people, but he never posted them. He said he could post on Sundays, but nothing yet. Suspicious...
Had you posted this now (It's around 6:45 here in Ohio), I would have agreed. But you posted this at midday. I would never have expected someone to have something up by noon. This one seems like a big stretch.
I agree. Not so much about the forgetting where his vote was, we all make mistakes, but still.
Toon Fighter wrote:About Gayle seems townie, and I agree with him on a lot of things he said.
Why did you throw this in there? No one had asked you about Gayle, and this seems very randomly thrown in there. Why him in particular?
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by tracker »

Canada- total posts – 7

Prefers Town roles, doesn't like disception? Unsure about RVS or RQS. Nl may be ok in mylo. Skeptic about day length. ~ Canada I’m mearly giving the village when I’m more likely to get on. ~
comments about overexplantion of NL
Because I’m not the IC I should keep everything in super simple form?
, Agenda = priorities

Another comment on agenda, I don’t believe it’s aimed at anyone either, only that I’m confused as to why he used that word.

If he meant priorities he would have said so. Semi-agree’s w/ lurker lynch if unsure.
Canada wrote:
tracker wrote:
RPG wrote:The only way we’ll get past the “majority not finding scum” is if we start, oh I don’t know, scumhunting.
Elucidate on this
The only way we’ll get a majority of people who think someone is scum is to scumhunt? Sounds like you’re already acting a little "scatterbrained".
I wanted to know where he got the “majority not finding scum”, and again why he phrased it like that, Now please let RPG answer the question, comments on the Q debate,
Canada wrote:
tracker wrote: In this post(#29),
RPG overexaggerates my case as to say I'll lynch anybody for any reason whatsoever
, when this is not true, and I would rather lynch someone who's given off solid scum tells as I've already said.
I don’t believe that he was implying that –
I think he was implying that you would use any excuse to get someone lynched
(
actually, I think that was stated, not implied
).
Are the underlined parts EXACTLY THE SAME? And you are the only one I remember calling things “implied”. Unsure where I stand with Canada at the moment.

CommieX – Total posts – 4

enjoys challenge of the game. Doesn't like town/scum Q,
I know it's a little past it's time but could you tell us why you don't like this question, goes scumhunting, asks for examples on why questions are stretch, never answered, Accuses me of strawmanning, no comment on my counter-point. Votes Tracker, Commie, can you take a look at my counterpoint of the strawman case and give us your reply?
Gayle- 7 posts

Prefers bandwagon to NL, more info, prefer online mafia, NL rule = good, NL itself = bad, random accusation, 2 cases 1 on RPG, one on Tracker, RPG – questioning things, super paranoid, (watch for the word paranoid ), Tracker – NL – overdone, scatterbrained, agenda as if accused, and that I “advocate lynching lurkers as policy”, pulls newbie card in response to his Q, probably one of the most suspicious people in the game

sorry for the delay again. I'm going to lose one of the computers I have so that may reduce my online time. Not sure how long it's going to be gone, depends on where we have to send it for repairs. also I'm unsure of how often I'm going to be able to get on this upcoming weekend as it's the last weekend of deer season and I still haven't got my buck. I will comment on everything current, that I omitted in this player analysis as it was posted after I started and I didn't want to update it as by the scimming and what i did anaylsis, people are in a rush for this info. Will comment more tommorow, for now good-night.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Let's tackle this in order, shall we?
CommieX wrote:Eh? Why would you change your vote to Tracker for stalling, when Toon Fighter is obviously a bigger culprit of this?
...I didn't change my vote. I merely said I would consider it. Mostly it would have been if he didn't have something out in a reasonable amount of time, but even then I wasn't planning on moving my vote until TF posted.
But now they both have, so null point.
TF wrote:I know I have been lurking a lot, but I have read the topic. I just don't know what to post.
Post anything, post your thoughts on what's going on, point out anything interesting you see in someone else's post or play style or vote habits, or anything really. Just try and contribute and be active.
TF wrote:It seems even more suspicious. he is trying to divert attentions from himself and pointing at the most suspicios people at the time. And note, he reinstated his accusations on tracker the previous post, and now, instead of trying to convert IKD, he attacked me instead.
I don't see where he really has that much attention on himself, except a few passing remarks (if there's more than that, feel free to point it out), so I'm not sure he'd be trying to divert attention from himself. And what's this about trying to "convert IKD"?
TF wrote:About IKD, he seems very incongruent on his votes and accusations. He voted RPG, chenged his vote to me, the he forgot he had voted for me and unvoted, then paltryexcuse reminded him of that and he voted for me again, and now he seems on the verge of voting tracker. Those are a lot of suspect changes...
Nope, I was just considering voting tracker, as I said above; I never voted him. And I see 1 voting change (from RPG to you), not a "lot of suspect changes". If you find the one voting change suspect simply because I admittedly forgot about changing my vote in light of the current discussion, then so be it. But don't exaggerate my play to build your case.
PE wrote:Secondly, rampant suspect change can be scummy I believe. It makes the poster look as though they are searching for the town-consensus rather than scum (as town should not be afraid of being wrong per se, but afraid of not doing anything). However, a willingness to accept you have the wrong person (open-mindedness) is important.
Does it really look like I'm searching for town consensus? I've only changed my vote once. I voted RPG and then when it was pointed out to me that I had my facts wrong and I looked and agree with that, I switched my vote as a pressure vote to get TF talking. That's the only change I made in my vote. Other than that, I mentioned consideration of voting tracker based off of him taking longer than he had said he would to post. So... where do you see these "rampant suspect changes"?
TF wrote:The fact that tracker's stalling is small compared to my stalling may be true, but that was not the only thing that made him suspicious. It is another thing that makes him suspicious.
Care to share what that "another thing" is?
tracker wrote:IKD

More helpful than other IC's, coins phrase later used against tracker, prods galore, 1 long post rather than 2-3 shorter, overuses findings, as with the rest, votes RPG, Votes TF w/o unvoting RPG, unvotes, Votes TF. Total posts page, IDK might have the biggest post count but who has the most content in their posts? I think the post count is being overplayed a little bit.
btw, unvoting is not required, so what's the deal about "votes TF w/o unvoting RPG"? Yes, I did that, but so what?
I was just pointing out the post count thing. Just put things into perspective, really. Use it how you like, or don't use it, I don't care. I was just putting out the info in case anyone else founded it useful.
tracker wrote:"I noticed that as well. That being said, I don't plan on giving anyone any extra leeway for being "scatterbrained". If you can't remember something, go back and look it up. Even if you accidentally misrepresent what someone says or what happened in the past, we don't know that it was an accident, and must assume that you did it on purpose. Which is a scum tell.” - IKD

Interesting.
Ok?
CommieX wrote:I agree. Not so much about the forgetting where his vote was, we all make mistakes, but still.
[IC time]Yes, I have made plenty of similar and even some worse stupid mistakes as town on this site. But you can't just put aside all things like this as town mistakes. Yes, we all make mistakes, but don't just excuse things because of it. Just saying...[/IC time]
tracker wrote:Canada- total posts – 7
nope, try again. hint, it rhymes with bwelve.
tracker wrote:CommieX – Total posts – 4
again... nope. When did you start working on this post?

Anyway, this is enough for one post. If I see anything else that needs commenting on, I'll do it later.

For now,
unvote

And,
Mod: I
do not like kittens! And please prod Neo, as he hasn't posted since Thursday.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

imkingdavid wrote:
PE wrote:Secondly, rampant suspect change can be scummy I believe. It makes the poster look as though they are searching for the town-consensus rather than scum (as town should not be afraid of being wrong per se, but afraid of not doing anything). However, a willingness to accept you have the wrong person (open-mindedness) is important.
Does it really look like I'm searching for town consensus? I've only changed my vote once. I voted RPG and then when it was pointed out to me that I had my facts wrong and I looked and agree with that, I switched my vote as a pressure vote to get TF talking. That's the only change I made in my vote. Other than that, I mentioned consideration of voting tracker based off of him taking longer than he had said he would to post. So... where do you see these "rampant suspect changes"?
PaltryExcuse wrote:I'll agree that IKD's post about voting tracker is odd due to its unexpectedness, however CommieX's seems much more thought-based and studious. I think at this point I'm looking for exact points on which you find CommieX scummy as the only one you gave I don't think was an attack on you at all.
I said that your possible vote on tracker surprised me, where is the connection between you and the first paragraph I made? I thought I was saying it is much too early for the kind of accusation Canada was making on you.
If not, I'll make it clear now: I don't think you're scummy based on your votes, nor would I describe it as rampant. What you have done that is odd, is:
a) Forgetting where your vote laid. But I don't see this as particularly important. This is more odd in the "Whoops!" category.
b) Saying you may vote tracker due to his promise of a case when you yourself noticed there are many with a severe lack of contribution so far. You did seem to be setting yourself up to put a vote on him for a questionable reason.
I separated the two into different paragraphs because they were two different thoughts, both having been touched on by Canada.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

tracker wrote:
RPG – 14 posts

1 Q to everyone, No NL allowed, uses word agenda in completely confusing way, a lurking case is still a case, valid point, overstates lurker stance, mentions agenda line, didn't even talk to his scumbuddy day 1 in his other game, we have info, so what?
So pretty much your case against me is only things that you find confusing AND that I have cleared up and you just dont understand. I have explained the scum buddy line to everyone already. and it's been squashed and accepted by the guy who brang up the accusation:
Imkingdavid wrote: I voted RPG and then when it was pointed out to me that I had my facts wrong and I looked and agree with that,

Do you read the thread? As for the Agenda word, it really couldnt be any clearer. What do the scum need to do to blend in with us? Or to get us to follow them? They need an agenda. And they do get to talk at night, to further their agenda. Gasp! How could I have thought up the word agenda? It's really simple. Maybe you're scared because I used the word you didnt want me to use. Oh, the
paranoia
. And if I have to explain that again it further confirms the ill-reading you do of this thread.

By the way, a very interesting line here, maybe you should update your "findings" more often. In relation to Gayle
tracker wrote: probably one of the most suspicious people in the game
Then, when he finishes up his 2nd post:
Tracker wrote: So after all that I'm finding IKD and RPG kind of scummy. More later for now, vote: RPG
Really? Wow, the contradictions arise! suspicious and scummy, in relation to this game, really means the same thing. You vote me, which i'm totally not surprised on. But by the way you word that first quote, it seems I may not be the most scummiest in your eyes. Is your vote masked as an OMGUS? Because why would you not vote for the most scummiest? Dont you want to catch scum? Especially since IKD and I are only
kind of
scummy, where as Gayle Is "one of the most suspicious people".

Tracker, I implore you to come with a more detailed findings. Because this makes no sense, ironically. Again, relation to Gayle
Tracker wrote: agenda as if accused
Do you mean my word of the agenda that you were confused on? How would you know if he was being accused of 'agenda' if you SAID you never understood why I used the word? Man, the contradictions!

Another contradiction I notice:
Tracker wrote: I think the post count is being overplayed a little bit.
Yet, you are using post counts in all the players. Why do you do it and then get on him about it?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”