Newbie 844 - Game Over (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 am

Post by xvart »

Annachie wrote:Oh, and Hito. There's a 50/50 chance that you are scum reguardless of any evidence? Not bad odds at this stage considering. (and to be honest, I think it's 2 chances in 3 that you are)
I'd rather not flip a coin on the outcome of this game. And man, ST, I really didn't see a vote coming at that moment. That's one way to generate discussion.

hito is obviously on the stand right now, but what about startransmissions vote? HackerHuck said ideally we want the scum to place the first vote. Did that just happen?

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by xvart »

xvart wrote:
startransmission wrote:Argh, I'm debating on where to put my vote. I have issues with Annachie (most of which have been pointed out), but after a reread I'm not too sure.
What in your reread has changed your mind?

xvart.
Thinking more about this, I still haven't received an answer to this question, despite repeatedly asking it.

xvart.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Annachie »

I also am waiting for more from some people.

Mainly Star.

The longer this goes on, the more convincing that at least one of Star and Hito must be scum.
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Annachie wrote:I also am waiting for more from some people.

Mainly Star.

The longer this goes on, the more convincing that at least one of Star and Hito must be scum.
I'd be careful about making that kind of a judgment. It's not all that easy for scum to coordinate a quicklynch.

What are you looking to get from Startransmission?
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:32 am

Post by Annachie »

I don't know.

If both Star and Hito are town, then both the scum have had plenty of time to jump on and win. Ergo ...
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:55 am

Post by startransmission »

I'm not sure what you want from me either. Unless something comes up that is a game changer in my eyes, I think I have made the right choice with my vote. I know everyone's annoyed that I threw the vote out too early, but I don't see how it was dangerous. Town doesn't trust me, so it's unlikely that I'm going to get a town voter to put hito at L-1 so that scum can pounce. Scum wants to distance themselves from me, so I don't think they would coordinate a quicklynch. And if I'm right about hito then there is no danger at all. It'll interesting to me to see who eventually puts who up and why. Right now everyone is playing it very safe.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:20 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Star that is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. You don't think they will co-ordinate a quicklynch to distance themselves from you -- despite the fact they win if they co-ordinate a quicklynch??? And saying that I need to be at L-1 before scum can pounce shows an understanding that there already one scum voting for me.

You have one post before I vote you. go.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Annachie »

I've been puzzled about Star's vote since he made it.

Because I was going to do the same thing, admittadly a couple of hours later.
That's what threw me and made me cautious.

Vote Hitogoroshi
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:52 am

Post by xvart »

Vote: hitogoroshi

Good game.

xvart.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Just in case
Vote: Hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Oh, don't tell me star AND anna were town...that would have to be some sort of record...
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:14 am

Post by starkmoon »

HackerHuck
Annachie
xvart
hitogoroshi 4 startransmission, Annachie, xvart, HackerHuck
startransmission

Not Voting

hitogoroshi

hitogoroshi (townie) - lynched day three

HackerHuck(RB) and Xvart(goon)
win!
There were no town powerroles in this game.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Good game guys!

I was really surprised that Hito was the final lynch, considering Startransmission's quicklynch the day before.

I don't really have any grand postgame analysis.

Obviously Startransmission regretted that hammer vote yesterday. That vote would have looked much less scummy had you put all of your thoughts out there.

I think you now realise that my comments still hold regarding the slow lynch in LYLO. It can be very hard to coordinate the one-two punch when you're scum and I was getting close to actually voting Startransmission myself.

Even though I was scum, I believe that I was honest in all of my more general strategy decisions. Yes, there was scum on each wagon and it usually does help when doing a reread to be able to focus on a smaller number of suspects.

Our first nightkill decision was based on the fact that most of you felt that fhqwhgads was town and really had nothing to do with the fact that he was an IC. We chose to roleblock startransmission both nights, mainly because we felt that he could be the cop. The Darth kill was meant to be additional ammo against Startransmission, but we never really got around to playing that up.

I have no problem posting our night-talk quicktopic discussion if you guys would be interested to see it and if xvart is OK with it.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:33 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Yeah, I'd like to see the quick topic.

Really though? Townies put me to L-1? :/
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:08 am

Post by xvart »

HackerHuck wrote:Our first nightkill decision was based on the fact that most of you felt that fhqwhgads was town and really had nothing to do with the fact that he was an IC. We chose to roleblock startransmission both nights, mainly because we felt that he could be the cop. The Darth kill was meant to be additional ammo against Startransmission, but we never really got around to playing that up.
Good game everyone. The reason I initially was asking ST about his change of heart on Annachie was because I thought he might have made a softclaim of being cop, since if I was the cop I would have investigated either Annachie or HackerHuck the first night; so I was trying to see if there was something legitimate there or if it was a clean investigation. Then, I just kept pressing it because once there were no power roles it kept up that he was hiding something.

I almost put my vote on ST after he voted for Hito, but decided to wait because I didn't want anything coming back to me. I felt there was enough suspicion between the two of them I didn't need to help.

I was also worried during the opening of the last day because I had the flu pretty bad and was having a hard time focusing. It took all my energy to put together my first substantial post of that day (besides my claim) and I didn't want to say anything about the flu because I didn't want anyone saying I was preempting any potential scummy moves I might "accidentally" make.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by xvart »

Oh - I don't care if the QT is shown. I'll let Hacker do that if he wants.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
DarthRandal1138
DarthRandal1138
Townie
DarthRandal1138
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by DarthRandal1138 »

Good game, everybody! Well played, xvart & HackerHuck! I can honestly say I was surprised to find out who the scum was in this game. Aside from my early suspicions of Dondero(Hacker), I never had either of you very high on my scumlist. In particular, I think you both did a good job of distancing from one another on the final day, without it seeming like "distancing."

Of course, you were aided by some less than stellar play from the town, myself included. I was a lot less active than I should have been, a flaw I hope to correct in my next game. I'd love to hear any comments any of you have on my play, particularly fhqwhgads, if you're still keeping tabs on this game. What did I do well? What did I do poorly?

Thanks again, everyone, for a great first game! Maybe next time I'll stay alive longer. ;)
Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

In case you guys are interested, here is the link to our night discussions:

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/ra4LB4227JFBG
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Very sneaky, guys.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Annachie »

At the time Star placed his vote, I was just about to place a vote on either Hito or HH, and I think it was going to be Hito.

Star's vote made me wait a couple of days while I tried to think of the best thing to do, since I thougt that xvart was town, HH was scum, and was'nt sure about the other two.
Had xvart placed that vote I would have followed straight away, had HH then I would have voted HH. But those two ...
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Goddammit! This is the second game of 3 I'm nk'd day 1. I'm either doing something wrong or something right. I'll post my thoughts on the game later, as I'm not home now.

Congrats scum. You sure fooled me.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by xvart »

fhqwhgads wrote:Goddammit! This is the second game of 3 I'm nk'd day 1. I'm either doing something wrong or something right. I'll post my thoughts on the game later, as I'm not home now.

Congrats scum. You sure fooled me.
Nah. You just seemed the most townie to us; so I guess that's a good thing?

xvart.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”