Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Canada: Who do you find scummy at this point, and would that person be worthy of your vote? Right now I'm seeing questions from you, which while good, are never really followed up by anything concrete. You're going to have to make a move soon (however, if it is against tracker, I would ask you to wait and consider his upcoming post before you vote).

@Mod: We've lost Gayle again (hasn't posted since Sat.) and Toon Fighter (hasn't posted since Mon.) Prods please again... sorry about this.

The mod shouldn't have to prod you to get you to post. Prods should be much rarer than they are in this game I think.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

Tracker is now at L-1, but in his last post he seems very calm, and just trying to create more time. What does that mean? Also, he said he would analyze me and others during the week, but only posted about NCJ so far.

About NCJ, he may casted his vote because of tracker's mistake, but he was alredy attacking him beforehand. His action didn't look suspicious on my opinion.

@Mod: isn't it time for a vote update?
~Toon fighter~
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #5

tracker (4) <- RPG*Twilight, CommieX, Toon Fighter, Neo-con John
RPG*Twilight <- tracker
Neo-con John <- PaltryExcuse

Not voting: Canada, Gayle, imkingdavid

The
deadline
is Wednesday 25th November, 22:00 UTC, which is 6 days, 9 hours and 12 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Looking for a Gayle replacement.
Last edited by Elmo on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:14 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Toon Fighter wrote:Tracker is now at L-1, but in his last post he seems very calm, and just trying to create more time. What does that mean? Also, he said he would analyze me and others during the week, but only posted about NCJ so far.

About NCJ, he may casted his vote because of tracker's mistake, but he was alredy attacking him beforehand. His action didn't look suspicious on my opinion.

@Mod: isn't it time for a vote update?
Tracker being calm about it could be due to his miscounting the votes, or it is just his personality / how he feels. Really, it's a null-tell. Him not wanting to rush the day through is pro-town.

Yes, NCJ has been suspecting tracker for awhile. That isn't the problem. The problem is that NCJ is not defending himself on two cases against him, votes because tracker suspects him and miscounted the votes, and finally seems absolutely convinced of tracker's guilt without ever building anything with a resemblance to a case on tracker. NCJ seems to have been convinced of tracker's guilt before tracker even defended himself. Have you seen any response to tracker's defense?

Parallel that to yourself in a similar situation in this game:
People had questions and suspicions about your behaviour. You answered them, and explained your actions. Where is NCJ's? The only thing I've seen that could constitute a defense is him saying that a summary is an analysis. It is not, and it is a common way for scum to contribute without progressing anything. Finally, when I questioned you, did you instantaneously think I was scum? NCJ does. IIRC, every person who has been accused of something has responded / defended themselves and explained their actions.

So overall, I'll ask you, what do you believe are NCJ's reasons for voting tracker and do those reasons rationally deserve to put someone at one vote away from a lynch?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Gayle »

I've been lurking rather than simply disappearing. I check this thread everyday, sometimes I just don't know what to post.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Elmo »

I'm terribly sorry, I've mixed up the dates. Gayle was prodded on the 12th, responded on the 13th, posted again on the 14th and was due for a prod on the 17th, and would have been due for replacement today (19th) if I sent a prod on the 17th - but I didn't. I saw
a
prod in my outbox (from the 12th) and thought I had. Oops.

Gayle is not being replaced.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:27 am

Post by imkingdavid »

@ elmo: no worries, we all make mistakes.

@ Gayle: even still, just post to let us know you're here. Or better yet, actively contribute and show your thoughts. Even if it does mirror what someone else has already said, it's not helpful at all to the rest of the town for you to just sit and watch.

I have a feeling that NCJ isn't about to post anything today; he seems to have these spurts where he posts, and then he suddenly stops for a couple of days or longer. If he doesn't have a post up with some decent analysis some time soon, he's got my vote. He is looking very scummy currently. While I don't like to lynch lurkers on policy, as we have discussed, I don't see him as lurking as much as I see him trying to prolong having to respond to anything.

It appears to me as if, assuming he is scum and tracker is town, he put tracker at L-1 in hopes that someone would quick hammer and he would escape suspicion until Day 2. But we still have a good amount of time until deadline and discussion is still going.

As far as my opinion of his posts, he doesn't seem to be defending himself much at all. He's ignoring the cases presented against him, for the most part, and then goes on the offensive and votes tracker (putting him at L-1).

Btw, about post #140 where he votes tracker, his vote is based on, from what I can tell:
1) tracker voting him after PE else already FOS's him
2) tracker counting incorrectly for whatever reason

I'm not liking those reasons. Plus, he accuses PE of being trackers "reputed partner in crime" without any explanation there.

As a side note, I, by policy, do not like to try and look for scum partners and links between people until we know who one of the scum is. In order to not detract from the current discussion, I will refrain from posting why, unless someone doesn't understand how it can be a bad thing. On the other hand, if you disagree, you're welcome to share your own reasoning as well. But lets try to keep game theory discussion at a minimum. I simply brought this up because the idea was present in NCJ's post.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by tracker »

Neo-con John

ok, underlined what my responce is relevant to. italics are other interesting tidbits, I didn't find relevant enough to include the first time.
NCJ wrote:Hello All

I
like the idea of asking questions
as it seems like it will get everyone a bit more engaged. It just seems like a more sophisticated way to play which I would imagine is why the deadline is set for 20 days!

20 Questions great way to start game

I don't really see how someone could have a positive opinion on lurking, I definitely see it as bad behavior.
The more people talk the better it is for the game and the less people talk the more likely we are to make a bad decision as a whole.
I plan to talk... a lot, so count on seeing plenty of me.

Lurking = bad and anti-town

I do not have any experience with a no-lynch so
I can only follow the wisdom of my fellow players
who seem to agree that a
no-lynch actually only favors scum.

Admits to going with crowd and NL=bad
so that's hard to do, so I'm switching methods, underlined is still relevant and italics are other tidbits.
NCJ wrote:So
from what I gather so far there have been small fingers of suspicion cast at RPG and PE, a very small finger pointed at Gayle, and what I would describe as a strong finger being pointed at tracker
which has actually resulted in a vote. That is 4 out of 9 players that have been accused in some fashion, and
I like to think that the group
cannot be dead wrong on all four,
meaning we have a fairly good chance that at least one of those listed is actually scum
RPG, PE, Gayle and Tracker are all under suspicion, one must be scum
NCJ wrote:
Tracker seems very suspicious to me.
From the beginning I saw the
questions as good for the game
but also as really good for tracker as it
provides a great cover for scum
He gives the appearance of being pro-town while at the same time
collecting valuable information on all of us and maybe even dividing us amongst ourselves
. His
second line of questions looked to me like someone trying to divert our attention away from the RPG/PE fiasco in PS# 29-33.
The questions themselves just seem weak and quickly put together, What is your favorite role?, C'mon. I am not quite quite ready to vote but I am

Seriously considering:tracker
Tracker-very suspicious, questions good way to start but also very scummy. Collecting valuable information about all of us, and dividing us among ourselves. Second bout of questions distraction questions.
NCJ wrote:This is an interesting piece of evidence here. I understand that
this could have been an innocent unintentional use of words but it also could be a Freudian slip
. If so it suggests that

(1)RPG is scum;
(2)RPG's scumpartner is one of the people he has not interacted with yet.

Ill do the research later on who RPG has and has not ben in contact with, unless someone else would like to.

If true, it would mean that tracker is not scum as he and RPG have communicated with each other
, or a deeper unrelated ruse could be at work. Perhaps RPG's scum strategy is to strongly accuse his partner right off the bat in order to throw the rest of us off.

Admittedly
I am speaking from a position that is already highly critical of tracker so I do not know how objective this actually is
but I do believe this new piece of evidence is something worth looking at
. Though
I am not even really completely sold on the idea that RPG is scum. Like I said it could just be a misuse of words.
RPG-Freudian Slip, RPG=scum, and RPG’s scum-buddy hasn’t been talked, says he’ll figure out who that is. This would mean tracker does not = scum so this probably is poor word choice.

New: NCJ why don't you ever take a solid position on anything?
NCJ wrote:
I am not at all surprised that PE has voted me as he is one of the few people I have accused
, and from what
I understand some people make judgments in this game,just as in real life, based on personal feelings and not necessarily on facts
, which isn't always even a bad thing. It is interesting that you would react with a straight vote though.

I apologize for my post count I will start posting more.
PE claims my posts are not substantial enough and that I only reiterate points made by others. This is partly true, though I would argue that summary is analysis
as it allows people to analyze the events of the game in a condensed fashion and thorough another persons perspective. That is really what I was trying to provide was perspective, which I feel is a major part of this game.

At this point I am at an impasse.
My strongest suspicion is on tracker
though with the amount of votes on him already
I am hesitant to put one through.
Anyone want to discuss this
? If there is a
scumwagon on tracker that would suggest that TF, Commie X, or RPG are scum
. In another possibility,
perhaps the wisdom of the crowd is correct.
Maybe those three are all honest townsfolk who are right to vote tracker because he (as I agree) has been acting real scummy.

In any case I apologize for my lack of posts. I will read the game over again and try to post something else tomorrow.
Dismisses PE’s vote as personal feeling rather than, actual scum-tell.
Summary=analyzed, as it gives “perspective”
I want to vote Tracker, but only if somebody gives me permission, either tracker=town and his wagon is scum, or tracker=town and his wagon is right.

sorry about the delay. Neo-con John seems really scummy to me, and since he won't answer the questions asked of him, I'll

vote: NCJ

POST!

I'm really not worried about a quick-lynch, as anyone who quick-lynches anybody else, they would be almost guarnteed scum and i would gladly trade myself for a scum. (This goes for everything, try and wait before voting, give the other a chance to post, never hammer without giving the prospective lynchee a chance to talk after being put at L-1 and given a chance to defend himself.) However, if TCJ won't defend himself when given an oppurtunity, maybe a little incentive will help him along.
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

I believe we need to keep the discussion going and get to a quality lynch with as much information as we can. We have 5 days, and some cases building on other people, and I dont think we can afford to ever lose time.

so.
unvote: Tracker

It doesnt mean he's off the hook. He's just been bringing a case to the table that we need to look at, from all angles. And since this is happening, if he were to get quick lynched, it'd show he's town and we are working backwards now. So it wont hurt to use the full time to gather information from all angles. This case on NCJ is quite compelling, and I will read it a second time through so I can have a quality response put up.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Gayle: What are your thoughts on the tracker vs. NCJ situation? Is there someone else who you are suspicious of? Any questions are clarifications that need to be made?
Canada
Canada
Townie
Canada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Canada »

I noticed that, in Tracker's last post (will be looking at his others closely after this), he seems to be summarizing the large chunks of text NCJ put out - is this not the same thing NCJ himself is doing, and this one of the points that is being pushed against him?

Right now, I'm thinking either Tracker or NCJ, although Gayle has a bit of a place on my list as well.

Reasons so far:

NCJ - Re-iterating things already said, basically most of the points already said here.

Tracker - Doing the almost the exact same thing as NCJ - summarizing what had happened already.

Gayle - Lurking, mostly, but I guess I'm guilty of this myself.

Going to read over Trackers other posts, see if the pattern repeats itself in said posts.

~Canada
Canada
Canada
Townie
Canada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Canada »

Ok - I just read over it, and it seems that it was a player analysis, not a case thing. My fault for not remembering that - it makes more sense now.

So remove tracker from my list. I don't think NCJ would warrant my vote quite yet, nor would Gayle.

~Canada
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Alright, It's officially been 48 hours since NCJ's most recent post. With that, I will
Vote: NCJ
in hopes that being at L-2 will pressure him into posting so that we can get as much activity and information as possible before the deadline.
However, I am leaning toward a NCJ lynch at the moment based on not only what other people have laid out in their posts, but also, as I said in post 156, his response to other peoples' posts and cases against him.
Unless he can post a decent response, my vote is staying on him.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Gayle »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@Gayle: What are your thoughts on the tracker vs. NCJ situation? Is there someone else who you are suspicious of? Any questions are clarifications that need to be made?
Honestly, I don't think much of it at all. I was ready to hammer tracker until 1, I though I was being replaced and then 2, IKD posted. I'll have to look over Neo-Con John's posts and the case against him again.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #6

tracker (3) <- CommieX, Toon Fighter, Neo-con John
Neo-con John (3) <- PaltryExcuse, tracker, imkingdavid

Not voting: Canada, Gayle, RPG*Twilight

The
deadline
is Wednesday 25th November, 22:00 UTC, which is 5 days, 4 hours and 44 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:44 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Gayle wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:@Gayle: What are your thoughts on the tracker vs. NCJ situation? Is there someone else who you are suspicious of? Any questions are clarifications that need to be made?
Honestly, I don't think much of it at all. I was ready to hammer tracker until 1, I though I was being replaced and then 2, IKD posted. I'll have to look over Neo-Con John's posts and the case against him again.
I'm confused:
A) If you don't think much of it, why were you ready to hammer someone?
B) What do IKD's posts have to do with your opinion?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Gayle »

PaltryExcuse wrote: I'm confused:
A) If you don't think much of it, why were you ready to hammer someone?
B) What do IKD's posts have to do with your opinion?
I mean I was a going to hammer tracker, but IKD suggested that we still have a week and so there is no reason to rush it. I don't think much of the case against NCJ, and am still leaning towards lynching tracker.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:10 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Gayle wrote: I mean I was a going to hammer tracker, but IKD suggested that we still have a week and so there is no reason to rush it. I don't think much of the case against NCJ, and am still leaning towards lynching tracker.
Wasnt I the one who said we had 5 days left to vote? Did you just make up a name and throw it out there?

Actually, yes I was.
RPG*Twilight wrote: I believe we need to keep the discussion going and get to a quality lynch with as much information as we can. We have 5 days, and some cases building on other people, and I dont think we can afford to ever lose time.

so. unvote: Tracker.
And for some reason, and it's more based off of the feeling I got reading the text, but it sounds like youre trying to save face by saying someone "suggested that we wait" even though you really wanted to hammer. But, like I said, that's just a feeling.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Gayle »

RPG, once again your questions bewilder me. The post I am referring to is 156 by IKD
IKD wrote: It appears to me as if, assuming he is scum and tracker is town, he put tracker at L-1 in hopes that someone would quick hammer and he would escape suspicion until Day 2. But we still have a good amount of time until deadline and discussion is still going.
I wanted to hammer tracker. tracker did another one of his 'will post later' posts, so I waited. When I checked the thread again I saw that I was being replaced, and wondered if my vote would even count and sent a pm to Elmo. After that was cleared up, I checked the thread and IKD had posted the above, and I couldn't exactly just hammer after what he posted, could I?
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Gayle wrote: I wanted to hammer tracker. tracker did another one of his 'will post later' posts, so I waited. When I checked the thread again I saw that I was being replaced, and wondered if my vote would even count and sent a pm to Elmo. After that was cleared up, I checked the thread and IKD had posted the above, and I couldn't exactly just hammer after what he posted, could I?
You're free to do what you want. If you feel that it's a good time to hammer, do so. I was just pointing out the amount of time we had left.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Why did you want to hammer tracker, Gayle? The last time I saw reasons from you to lynch tracker was very early in the day.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Gayle wrote:RPG, once again your questions bewilder me. The post I am referring to is 156 by IKD
Does it really bewilder you that I could have thought you meant mine when you never referred to an actual post?

Make sure you do your end first.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Gayle »

imkingdavid wrote: You're free to do what you want. If you feel that it's a good time to hammer, do so. I was just pointing out the amount of time we had left.
Yeah, I'm just saying it didn't seem like a good idea to hammer immediately after someone points out we still have plenty of time.
PaltryExcuse wrote: Why did you want to hammer tracker, Gayle? The last time I saw reasons from you to lynch tracker was very early in the day.
At that time, I didn't think of anyone as outright scum, but I had more confidence in tracker being scum than anyone else, he was one away from lynch, and truthfully, I wanted the day to end. I just don't get tracker in general, and much of what he says doesn't make any sense to me. It was probably based more on feeling rather than fact.

That all said, I would not vote for tracker now. Re-reading the last two pages and tracker's posts, my suspicions have changed.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Gayle »

RPG*Twilight wrote: Does it really bewilder you that I could have thought you meant mine when you never referred to an actual post?

Make sure you do your end first.
It does as I
did
specifically say it was a post by IKD.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by tracker »

v/la till sunday sorry
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”