Newbie 871 - Game Over Town Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by Annachie »

Ether wrote:Annachie, are you going to fucking ...
Would you believe that Ether dropping the F-bomb appears to be a meta-town-tell for her?

Sometimes I think I am over-thinking this game :)
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:02 am

Post by boberz »

I would be ok seeing a RayFrost lynch but I dont think I will be on it.

Lots of annachie to read there, he seems very thoughtlfull, and in the course of thaat discussion he seemed to balance out neutral, but there were some more scummy posts and some more towny posts. It could be scum trying desperately to save himself, or town trying desperately to clear himself.

If Ray is scum i dont think annachie is because of ray's vote this late.

Annachie listed people he would be prepared to lynch. Mine is similar but ksen obv in the lynch bit as is annachie
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:05 am

Post by Tyrope »

In post 335, Ether wrote:and start questioning people and discussing your suspicions. Coincidentally, that's also the only reliable way for us to read you.
i agree, so i'll dare say that Annachie is pretty scummy to me, he's just repeating and requesting others to repeat themselves alot, hence wasting time hoping we won't lynch D-1.
(Rena, here known as Haylen, on #mafia)
[18:55] <+Rena> i dont usually think when im in a game. i just act
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:56 am

Post by boberz »

Let's not worry too much about not lynching yet, because I think a potential herd replacement will extend that, it is the next day around christmas time where I think activity will be lower, I know it will be for me. But as you say annachie doesnt look great atm but there were town like posts there as well.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 369, Annachie wrote:I have no opinion on RayFrost yet, but thought it was the best lynch option based on Incog's thoughts and yours and Ksen's votes.
Post 372, Annachie wrote:lol. When it comes to game mechanics and strategy and stuff, I take them, and yours and Patricks, very seriously.
Except, by saying that you agree with my thoughts and then lending your vote to the wagon of the person who's the "beneficiary" of these thoughts, you've now completely left the realm of just taking my opinion seriously with respect to game mechanics and strategy -- you're now agreeing with a
case
I've made against another person (Ether already covered this, but she talks funny sometimes).
Post 364, Annachie wrote:Lynching Incog(the IC) is worthwhile because a scum Incog is under posting restrictions and we might learn from it.
Can you explain what you mean here? I've been scum before in a Newbie Game, and I was never under any posting restriction, so I don't get what you're talking about.

And about your question about Ether dropping the F bomb, if that was a question to me, I DO happen to think that Ether has a tendency to become indignant when she's town. So yeah, even dropping F bombs is probably more likely to come from an Ether-town.

Post 371, Ether wrote:Incidentally, RayFrost signed up for another game.
lol. I saw that before too.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:33 am

Post by boberz »

I think he means that you incog cannot mislead us about certain things in the game, but dont put any stead in this annachie, if incog was scum he would be able to IC us perfectly well.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Incognito »

Oh that makes sense.

But yeah, that "being a good IC" manual just stresses the idea that an IC shouldn't lie about theory and stuff like that even if the IC is scum. A hypothetical scum IC can still IC perfectly well without lying about that kind of stuff. I just don't get why Annachie thinks lynching a hypo-scum IC would be more likely to teach something because of some post restriction than just lynching a scum, period.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 am

Post by boberz »

For that we will need to ask annachie (I agree with you incog)...
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Annachie »

Being a good IC wrote:While it is ok to lie as scum, it is NEVER ok to lie in your role as an IC. Never lie about game theory to get a tactical advantage.
There's a couple of null answers you've given that bring parts of "Being agood IC" to mind.

Since Patrick linked to it, ( in game 858 I think) I assumed it was required for IC's

I suspect, or perhaps hope, that backtracking a scum IC's posts would help finger his partner better.
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Annachie »

Incognito wrote:
Post 369, Annachie wrote:I have no opinion on RayFrost yet, but thought it was the best lynch option based on Incog's thoughts and yours and Ksen's votes.
Post 372, Annachie wrote:lol. When it comes to game mechanics and strategy and stuff, I take them, and yours and Patricks, very seriously.
Except, by saying that you agree with my thoughts and then lending your vote to the wagon of the person who's the "beneficiary" of these thoughts, you've now completely left the realm of just taking my opinion seriously with respect to game mechanics and strategy -- you're now agreeing with a
case
I've made against another person (Ether already covered this, but she talks funny sometimes).
Incog, I don't believe that I said that I agee with your case, just that your case against Ray is part of what makes Ray the best lynch target prospect at the moment.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Incognito »

Annachie: Fair enough then in reply to 384.
As for 383, no matter what your alignment is and null answers or not, I think you're at least enjoying this game much better than your last Newbie Game. It's possible I'm biased.
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Tyrope »

about Incog being scum theory, i'm thinking he's pro-town more and more.
It's the logical answers he gives (at and inbetween the lines).
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Annachie »

I don't think I've said that I think Incog is scum, just that I suspect that the posibility that he could be both IC and scum puts him on the worthwhile lynching list.

Incog, ref #385. You're probably right
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Yankee »

I am replacing into this game for Herd. I have a lot of catching up to do....
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by boberz »

Indeed, please do it quickly or ask for more time. I am sure more time will be granted considering there are three replacements, at least two of which are potential lynches.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Incognito »

Yankee, did the mod already shoot a role PM over to you?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by boberz »

The more I think about incog's little bit of mod analysis regarding the replacements, the more I think it really does implicate darth and ray. darth had been active given an equal footing yarmond was the much more important replacement having provided nothing.

As well as Ray's more or less silence which many of us have not liked. I am so tempted to switch the vote.

The question I ask myself is: "is that enough" i am really struggling.

I hope to somewhat dispell any ideas that I am just saying this to clear myself of being a scumbuddy of Ray, by raising the point that I could be here. I accept that wont be enough for some of you.

I also accept that I need to make a decision by the end of this post or I will look like i am fishing for how people will take it so I will.

unvote vote Ray Frost
NB// this is now L-1

Decision made, I wonder what people will make of this.

OO I am still wondering whether that is the right thing to do or not.

I suppose this vote also means I have moved on from ksen, he still very high on my target list. Annachie is still there as well.

Tyrope what do you think about my views on ksen, did it look like I was tunnelling him.

What about this post, take you by suprise Annachie?

unvote
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Yankee »

Yes, the mod already gave me a role PM.

@ Mod: I would also like to request more time since it is alot to read and I have to work all day tomorrow...

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Yankee »

Can someone please enlighten me on the Rayfrost case? I have pretty much gathered what the Annachie case is. But from Boberz last post I am very suspicious simply because he says he is going to vote for Rayfrost to show that he isnt buddying, but then at the very bottom of the post he unvotes Rayfrost, almost like he was hoping noone would see. Why else would he put 3 spaces inbetween his last line and the unvote instead of the standard 2 spaces like a normal seperate line?

Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Annachie »

Boberz. I must be missing something.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

After consideration you find Ray
more
scummy, so have unvoted him.

Yankee, I'm pretty sure I understand Incog's reasoning, I think I understand Ether's, but really they should explain it themselves.
Mine is just gameplay covered somewhere on page 15. Simply put, at the time Ray was the best option for a lynch that had value, and Ether provoked me into doing it early. Just a little :)

I think he still is by the way.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 393, Yankee wrote:Can someone please enlighten me on the Rayfrost case?
What do you think it is?

Why are you focusing on Boberz in that post? How would his unvote be suspicious at all if RayFrost wasn't scum?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Post by Annachie »

Ok, having gone back to re-read #376, Boberz makes more sense. Looks like I was missing something.

Yankee, having gone back, it was my post #364
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:05 am

Post by Tyrope »

In post 391, boberz wrote:Tyrope what do you think about my views on ksen, did it look like I was tunnelling him.
it did a little, however you kept posting fact that looked valid to me too, so you weren't tunnelling too much.

btw, did that vote really make an L-1? i thought the votes weren't that far yet.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:35 am

Post by Annachie »

Tyrope.
I believe mine (#365) made it L-1, Ether jumped (#366) off to go back to L-2, then Boberz took it back to L-1 and then jumped back to L-2 where I believe it currently sits. (Ksen, Incog and myself)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:45 am

Post by Patrick »

Annachie wrote:Patrick, since I notice that you are currently modding a game, what's your opinion on this?
It's a fair point. I don't want to put too much stock in it because I think it's also possible starkmoon remembered to replace DarthRandal first just because his direct request was fresher in her mind. But it is in his favour.

As a general thing, the "how to be a good IC" guide I linked to in my modded game is just a standard thing as part of the intro and not necessarily something I agree with every word of. For example, I don't see anything wrong with IC-scum lying about game theory, as long as it's covered postgame to make sure people don't go into their next games with alot of wrong ideas.

Post 375 seems pretty genuine (I think it's more of a statement than a question to someone). Boberz's post immediately after doesn't look like a Ray/boberz type post to me. I think he'd want to keep Annachie as a lynch option if that was the case (though I don't really agree with his reason for disassociating them). I really quite like the herd/Ray theory at this point, and would like to see a claim from RayFrost if he plans on doing so at all.

Welcome to the game Yankee. Do you really feel boberz was trying to make his unvote of RayFrost go unnoticed by putting in an extra line's gap? That seems like a stretch to me.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”