Newbie 871 - Game Over Town Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:51 am

Post by Patrick »

EBWOP: First part is in Tyrope's favour, in case that's worded confusingly.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Yankee »

What do you think it is?

Why are you focusing on Boberz in that post? How would his unvote be suspicious at all if RayFrost wasn't scum?
1). I dont know, I havent read back far enough to even see anything other then people talking about how they want to lynch Rayfrost. I dont even think i have actually seen a post by him in the past 3 - 4 pages.

2). Why the hypothetical question about the alignment of RayFrost. There is no for sure way to know one way or another, so trying to play the what if game seems like a bunch of WIFOM to me. And his unvote seems suspicious to me because of how he did it. He votes for him to show that he is not his buddy, but then he unvotes him in the very same post. Why not just edit the post to exclude his vote if he decided not to vote for him while typing the post?
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Yankee »

Welcome to the game Yankee. Do you really feel boberz was trying to make his unvote of RayFrost go unnoticed by putting in an extra line's gap? That seems like a stretch to me.
I do think it is odd in my book to put an extra line like that at the very bottom of the page. I wont say that i full-heartedly think he has scummy intentions just because of that, but it does mean that I will keep a close eye on him.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 400, Patrick wrote:EBWOP: First part is in Tyrope's favour, in case that's worded confusingly.
You spelled 'favor' wrong both times. :P

@Yankee:
I can point out a few posts that might help explain why I ended up voting Darth/Ray.

* - I was trying to ask Darth a few questions because I was beginning to get the feeling that his produced reads felt contrived (his read of Annachie didn't seem to match his ideas about him), and I wasn't too crazy about his vote on The Artist Formerly Known as Yarmond.
* - More thoughts about the Darth/Ray situation.
* Ray's delaying to produce reads is extremely scummy in my book.
* Process of elimination goes a long way too. A lot of people just feel very town to me.

I don't really see the big deal about boberz's eventual unvote at the bottom of his Post #391; I thought he did it because he was trying to show that he
would
be voting RayFrost when the time came but that he didn't want to do so just yet because it would place him at L-1, and he didn't want to give Frosty the opportunity to self-hammer. That's why Ether unvoted too, and she provided her reasoning for doing so, which I strongly agree with.

For the record, I don't find boberz suspicious for trying to separate himself from a potential RayFrost-scum by voting him; if boberz is town, then he may have just began seeing the RayFrost case more and more and was beginning to worry about my suggestion that he could be a Frosty-buddy. I don't blame the guy for wanting to separate himself from that if he's worried about being a mislynch.

And anyway, Ether brings up the key question:
Post 395, Ether wrote:How would his unvote be suspicious at all if RayFrost wasn't scum?
...unless you're arguing that the unvote seemed scummy because by hitting the "enter" key three he was trying to hide this thing that says a big bolded "unvote" on it?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Patrick »

I didn't find the vote and unvote of RayFrost particularly scummy. I saw it as an attempt to get reactions and show his suspicion of RayFrost but without leaving him at lynch-1.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Patrick »

Rex, cheeky
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Incognito »

Incognito wrote:I thought he did it because he was trying to show that he
would
be voting RayFrost when the time came but that he didn't want to do so just yet because it would place him at L-1, and he didn't want to give Frosty the opportunity to self-hammer. That's why Ether unvoted too, and she provided her reasoning for doing so, which I strongly agree with.
Post 404, Patrick wrote:I didn't find the vote and unvote of RayFrost particularly scummy. I saw it as an attempt to get reactions and show his suspicion of RayFrost but without leaving him at lynch-1.
Check
that
out haha. Exact same time-stamp too.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Yankee »

Ok, i guess i will leave that bit alone then. But one thing I dont understand is why do you guys seem to fear that Ray will self Hammer?

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Incognito »

If Frosty is scum, he might self-hammer to prematurely end the Day. It's a valid scum tactic. We felt like we needed to get your opinions down before we proceeded onward, so keeping him out of hammer range prevents a possible self-hammer from happening.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Ether »

Speaking of which, call me when we're proceeding onward.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:16 am

Post by boberz »

It was primarilly what incog said. Showing my intent that this lynch looks like it could be the one. It was also to prevent a premature hammer. Not just a self hammer but any kind of hammer, untill we have more from you Yankee, and I wouldnt mind a bit more from Ray Frost first as well, but dont think I think this is necessary.

Of course I want to distance myself from someone who looks scummy and is apparently a partner for me, this should be no suprise, but this was not the primarty aim of the vote unvote thing.

I feel I have to get involved in this to some extent despite my feeling that there are better lynches this is not a bad one.

However, and something I am not sure why I am saying. There was an element of me wanting to encourage an attempted quick hammer, I was hoping that if I could churn out enough filling that as a scum was scrolling down they might only see the vote and not the rest of the post then hit reply, however I did not churn out enough random stuff so this function dissapeared before I posted. SO whilst a trick was intended it was given up on before the psot went up.

The extra lione was an accident, there is no conspiracy
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Yankee »

lol, the one line conspiracy theory. Anyways I am only on my lunch break from work, but I will try to do my own investigating on Ray, but i wont have any reply until later tonight.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Incognito »

Post 410, boberz wrote:SO whilst a trick was intended it was given up on before the psot went up.
<3
I have a lot of respect for trick stuff. Ether doesn't like them so much.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Ether »

Don't listen to him. Incognito has no respect for anything.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Yankee »

ok, sorry. Just letting you know that I wont be replying tonight like I said. Very tired from work and have to work early in the morning agian. Ugh.... Havent done any investigating. Sorry guys. Feel free to lynch him if you really think he is scum. Do not stop lynching a scum just on my behalf. I say that because it sounded to me earlier like you didnt lynch Ray yet because you wanted me to give my take on it?

ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:28 am

Post by ksen »

FWIW it was a good trick because I didn't even notice the unvote until Yankee pointed it out.

--------------
BTW, welcome to the game Yankee . . . are you scum?
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Yankee »

thank you, and no.

ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:47 am

Post by ksen »

We have three days to go until the end of day one.

How close are we to agreeing on a lynch?

Would everyone please list the people they are willing to vote to lynch today along with your reasoning?

I'll go first:
==================
1)
Darth/RayFrost
- Reason for being #1 on my list is that Darth was acting very scummy as stated earlier in the thread and RayFrost has not worked to alleviate that read and in fact has only made feel more secure that he is scum based on his evasiveness and his lack of being here.

2)
herd
- I don't like how herd just dropped out of the game while he was under pressure. It's possible something did come up but the whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.

3)
Annachie
- His vote putting Ray in position to be hammered or self-hammered could be seen as setting up a defense for later if Ray turns out to be scum.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Patrick »

I intend to vote RayFrost as soon as Yankee has had a chance to catch up. He feels to me like scum who's given up, as he's been plenty active elsewhere.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Ether »

I'm pretty much ready when the rest of you are. I don't particularly care whether Yankee reads or not at this point.

Ksen's top three is the same as mine (in that order), but RayFrost is the only person I am willing to lynch today.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Yankee »

I see what your saying Patrick, but I am active other places because I have been in the games since the beginning and I have limited time to post on this site during the day. (like my 30 minute break right now) and I have to try to fit everything in during those times. Will elaborate more later, break is over (was posting on other sites and other games on this site...)

ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 am

Post by ksen »

Ether wrote:I'm pretty much ready when the rest of you are. I don't particularly care whether Yankee reads or not at this point.

Ksen's top three is the same as mine (in that order), but RayFrost is the only person I am willing to lynch today.
Let me clarify my post just a little bit.

When I said "lynch today" by today I meant game day "today" not today 12/7/09.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Ether »

I know what you meant.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Incognito »

Yankee, I think Patrick was referring to RayFrost in that post... lol.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Yankee »

Ah, i was wondering why he was so critical of me since I havent been here long enough to appear to have given up. But I do admit I havent focused as much attention to this game as I should have.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”