Newbie 871 - Game Over Town Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:15 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:a cross post there with us both suspicious of annachie and safer on each other, it is rare we agree this much ksen.
@boberz: Hahaha, yeah, we haven't agreed on too much this game. ;)

@Annachie: What do you still find odd about boberz's #410? I thought it was pretty self-explanatory.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:42 am

Post by boberz »

I dont feel the need to explain myself annachie because, the idea of me/ray scum team is obviously not true any more.

But I will do it in a sentence. I wanted to vote ray as i preferred his lynch to a nolynch, however i was not as confident on that lynch as i have been on others so i wanted to let other, more confident people take the l1 and hammer votes. Or was it the trick that you didnt understand if so dont worry as i didnt do it, although apparently i fooled ksen inadvertently.

An attack on me after i (along with others put pressure on you) why? I am not scum i am cleared on everyones list except yours so far.
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Tyrope »

as a reply to post 463, i'll post a list of alignments too:
Scum's:
herd/Yankee/concerned (
@mod
, please explain who's playing now.)
annachie (less than herd though.)

neutral:
Patrick (leaning to town, a little.)
ksen (leaning to town.)

townies:
boberz
Ether

----------------------------------
V/LA:
late tomorrow (GMT+1) I'll be at my dad's, his internet is pretty unstable, expect no posts until say late Monday (that's 1900 GMT+1 quickest) unless I maybe squeeze a post in between work tomorrow morning and my leave.

I'm tempted to vote Yankee/concerned, but it's too soon and I don't want to L-2 him this quickly, as the scummy's can then take 2 weeks from our deadline.
(Rena, here known as Haylen, on #mafia)
[18:55] <+Rena> i dont usually think when im in a game. i just act
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:56 am

Post by starkmoon »

Damn! Sorry guys, I kinda shouldn't do mod stuff on here when my kids are awake.... Ever....

Yankee did indeed replace herd... and I am something of an idiot.

Concerned, I apologise profusely... and hope that you can forgive me for this....

I will keep you in mind if I need further replacements.

*Goes away to feel like a complete idiot for a while*
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Patrick »

Tyrope wrote:I'm tempted to vote Yankee/concerned, but it's too soon and I don't want to L-2 him this quickly, as the scummy's can then take 2 weeks from our deadline.
Only possible if Yankee is town. Do you think scum would take the chance to quicklynch if that's the case? (Also, your vote would only be lynch-3).

Agreed that Annachie should explain his vote. I can't see a reason for it, nor even the questioning really since Annachie himself seemed satisfied on that issue yesterday.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Yankee »

On Lunch break, just posting to say I am reading this now and I will post something more when I get off at midnight.
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Annachie »

Patrick wrote:Agreed that Annachie should explain his vote. I can't see a reason for it, nor even the questioning really since Annachie himself seemed satisfied on that issue yesterday.
Because I don't understand why he tried such a 'trick' or why he explained it the way he did. I was hoping the vote would encourage Boberz to give a better answer than we had seen to date..

With Ray and Incog confirmed town, and I'm happy to now call Ether and Patrick town, that leaves Ksen, Boberz, Yankee and Tyrope for the two scum spots.

I lean towards Yankee and Tyrope being the scum and Boberz being the most townie but ...
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by Annachie »

ebwop
unvote
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Yankee »

oops, forgot I said I would post more last night, went to check this topic and saw I was the last to post so didnt even bother opening it.... lol

Anyways, can someone please lay out the case on me, I do not see what I have done that is so scummy, although I cant defend against things Herd has done (although reading back I dont see anything he did particularly scummy either). Just curious why I am the top suspect, even though I did expect it from ethers post yesterday. The only post i see even somewhat accusing me of anything scummy is in Patricks post about me last page and his reasons seem kind of like WIFOM and the only defense I can post is a WIFOM defense, which I won't do because it would be pointless.

I find it funny that Tyrope listed me a scummy right after Patrick said I was his top suspect, yet doesnt vote for me, and neither does Patrick. I still havent heard anything from Ether about me even though she said she wants to lynch me today. Dont think I am letting my gaurd down, I am still ready for ya :P

Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Tyrope »

Yankee, i said i was tempted to vote for you, but didn't because i thought it'd be L-2, this btw, has been proven a false statement, so
Vote Yankee
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Patrick »

Yankee wrote:Anyways, can someone please lay out the case on me, I do not see what I have done that is so scummy, although I cant defend against things Herd has done (although reading back I dont see anything he did particularly scummy either). Just curious why I am the top suspect, even though I did expect it from ethers post yesterday. The only post i see even somewhat accusing me of anything scummy is in Patricks post about me last page and his reasons seem kind of like WIFOM and the only defense I can post is a WIFOM defense, which I won't do because it would be pointless.
My suspicions are pretty much about herd rather than you, though your attack on boberz's vote/unvote of Ray wasn't great. I realise you can't explain things on herd's behalf, but you still have the same role as him, and it's currently the only role that hasn't given me some kind of reason to think it's town. Looking at your posts, can you elaborate on what you felt/feel the case against Annachie is (this mentioned in your 393)? Also, what are your reads on people now?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Patrick »

Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say I attacked you last page with WIFOMy reasons. I think you must have misread my comments on the Incognito nightkill.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Annachie »

Patrick, do you think it's worth speculating on the NK?
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Yankee »

What I meant by saying you attacked me with WIFOMy reasons was that you thought I was suspicious because Incog was dead and he was experienced so you thought I would kill him. To me this seems like WIFOM to speculate who would kill who at night and for what reasons. But if you want a defense, If I were scum I would have killed Ether last night, because she is the only one that suspected me yesterday. But yet again, this defense is WIFOM which is why I stated earlier that I did not want to get into it.

Also can you please explain to the town what every other role has done to show you some sort of "Towniness" that my role has not. And as for the Annachie thing, I mixed up Annachie and Boberz, which I have already apologized for. And my current top suspect is Tyrope for reasons stated in a previous post.

Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by Annachie »

Yankee, the mix-up is OK. It happens.

btw, why are you sure that Ether was the only one who suspected you yesterday?

Incog repeatedly indicates that he thinks your scummy, and Patrick had a vote on you, and suspicions, for a long time.

Now you seem to be ignoring those points to apear townier than you should.

vote Yankee
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Yankee »

See what I mean why I didnt want to get into WIFOM. Yes those two may have been suspicious of me yesterday, but the only one that I noticed actually pushing for my lynch seemed to be ether. So in my mind if I were mafia I would have lynched Ether. Also, my vote seemed to be on you all day from a Herd vote that I just noticed...

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Patrick »

Annachie wrote:Patrick, do you think it's worth speculating on the NK?
Sometimes. Nightkill speculation isn't automatically useless, but I generally don't let it dictate my suspicion either.

@Yankee, I get the impression you're not reading closely, because I never suggested that the nightkill incriminates you, nor even that it incriminates anyone. I said that if the scumgroup is Yankee/ksen, it seems like killing any of Patrick/Ether/boberz would have been more logical. As to your question, I think both Ether and boberz are town, for reasons explained already. Ksen and Annachie have both struck me as scummy at times and genuine sounding at others. Tyrope hasn't written anything that's given me a town vibe, but still has Incognito's point about the late replacement in his favour. Your claim to have mixed up Annachie and boberz doesn't entirely convince me since your post 393 seems pretty clear that you know 391 was made by boberz and not Annachie, though I suppose fast reading and the hour could explain it.

Something about the wagon on Yankee today makes me uncomfortable, though I really can't articulate why at the moment.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by boberz »

just to let you know i exist, but literally no sleep has been had since friday night so i am not going to post properly till tomorow.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by ksen »

I'll try to post more tomorrow but my thought tonight is that isn't it a bit quick to have someone at L-2 at this stage of Day 2?

@boberz: Hope your successful at getting the rest you need.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by Yankee »

When I posted 393 I was well aware it was Boberz, but my post where I confused them was a long time after that and I had forgotten exactly who it was, and for some reason I thought it was annachie (mainly because I went back and read Herd's previous posts and somewhat agreed with him, so i figured that the post was made by Annachie). Now that I think back to it, I should have gone back and checked, but nothing to do about it now.

I suppose I may not be reading closely, or either reading too much into what you are saying. Either way I thought you were saying that I was suspicious to you because Incog was killed. I just was trying to defend myself, even if it is all a bunch of WIFOM.

Also, @ ksen - I dont think putting anyone at L-2 this early in a day, really at any time, is very bad. That is just my opinion because it is unlikely that scum would hammer as it would incriminate them, and you get better reads when people are put under pressure. I stay by my feel of Tyrope, but I also tend to get a scum vibe when people question putting someone at a lynch early in a day. I'm not sure why, it just feels like what I do when I play scum if the town is lynching another townie to gain townie points. But since you are defending me somewhat I guess i cant go after you too much :P

ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:56 am

Post by ksen »

@Annachie: Why do you keep trying to push some suspicion onto boberz as in your #481? The way you end that post seems scummy to me.

Then in your #487 it reads to me as if you are trying to stop town from gleaning what information they can from the NK. IMO town should be going through every bit of information with a fine tooth comb and an NK is information directly from the scum team.

As I said in my first post of Day 2 I most suspicious of Herd/Yankee and you. I don't want to put Yankee at L-1 for fear of a hammer vote. Therefore I think you need some pressure put on you.

vote Annachie
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:06 am

Post by boberz »

Before I begin my longish post I want to point out that saying you are trying to put someone under pressure vastly decreases that pressure. I learnt this to my cost in f2f games a while ago.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:35 am

Post by boberz »

Three key things I have noticed recently,

Firstly was these alleged pressure votes. eg annachie claiming i was townie but voting me to put pressure on me, that is stupid thing to do and even more stupid if you admit it is just a pressure vote. This is not to say you cant use pressure votes, but only say they were pressure votes after the response.

Secondly annachie you appear to be flitting a little, starting on me at the beginning of the day, now moving to yankee in a page. You did not defend your attack on me adequately, please explain again. This flitting looks a bit too much like scum trying to find weak points to pressure on.

Thirdly yankee is answering questions very well imo, but i want more original stuff, so i invite you yankee to provide a read on something i havent seen yet.

---

One of the big things when we look at the incog lynch is his bit of mod wifom. The reaction to it makes me look town, and should make everyone except me think ether is more town (neutral to me for obvious reasons). It did make tyrope look town but now incogs dead and we know RayFrost is town it makes tyrope look much less towny based on that argument. Tyrope might want to kill incog thinking that some may not think read this into it, in which case ether would seem scummy to me. Agree Tyrope?

Patrick is safest for me (I only say this because inevitably someone will ask me for reads soon).

ksen seems scummy to me still. However has been a much better player and pro town i think, but only doing the obvious still ie defending me seemed pro town but any mafia could do it without hurting their position. I cannot find any evidence, so it is now just gut reaction and the early game not enough so I will call him neutral.

Ether is still definately pro town, but more than one of my theories has included her so for that reason (and one i gave at the end of day 2) she is neutral.

Annachie looks bad lets be honest.

I will post now may have a brainwave over dinner though.
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Tyrope »

In post 497, boberz wrote:One of the big things when we look at the incog lynch is his bit of mod wifom. The reaction to it makes me look town, and should make everyone except me think ether is more town (neutral to me for obvious reasons). It did make tyrope look town but now incogs dead and we know RayFrost is town it makes tyrope look much less towny based on that argument. Tyrope might want to kill incog thinking that some may not think read this into it, in which case ether would seem scummy to me. Agree Tyrope?
upon looking up what WIFOM means.. i agree to the fact that ether does seem scummier due to the recent chain of events, however i think you asked me to agree if it makes me look scummy, i honestly am new to these psych games, and fear that, whatever i say will be used against me somehow... so i'll keep this in the middle.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Patrick »

Can you explain why Ether looks scummier due to recent events? I get the impression you just agreed with boberz without having a clue what he's taking about. At any rate, I don't follow the thought process in the quote at all, but I'd prefer you to explain first.

Mod
: Prod Ether please.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”