Newbie 871 - Game Over Town Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Ether »

Hi. Without having read up yet, my computer's with the help desk right now: it hasn't been able to get online since Sunday. I don't need a prod.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Annachie »

Boberz:
I don't believe I have said that I think your townie. Just that of the four I am not yet sure of, you seem the most townie. There is a difference.
I didn't attack you, I wanted some things cleared up. I still don't think your #476 explained things well.
Yankee is answering questions well? We must be looking at different questions then.

As for the rest of #497.
I have not the pleasure of understanding you
You know, that's no the only post of yours that makes less than optimal sense. There's been a few.

Your attack on me makes little sense, then to claim I was attacking you when I wasn't.

Boberz and Ksen seem to have been building a case against me from nothing from the start of day 2. Why?
I like the way Boberz claimed that Incog getting lynched pointed to me as being scum btw (#464) Highly amusing.

If I was scum I would have NK'd Patrick. (Most town, least likely to be mis-lynched)

Getting to Patrick, I asked his opinion on the NK speculation because it is my understanding that the most lilely D1 NK's for a newbie game are the IC and the person who is most town (I accept that to many Incog filled both) and as a slumming IC (iirc) he might confirm or deny this independantly of the slumming IC who told me in the first place.
(In that specific game, the slumming IC was scum, but he showed us the quickchat discussion were he talked about the NK with his partner.)
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Yankee »

Just stopping by before I leave for the hospital to visit a family friend who had a stroke to ask the mod for a Votecount. I dont think there has been one in a while (sorry if I just failed to see it). Will post game related information when I return.
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Tyrope »

as a response to post 499 by Patrick:

Upon the post i started reading back a pair of pages, starting at page 18 (in my settings, that starts with post 425) wich is the end of D1.

starting there (see post 427) she puts pressure on Yankee with a threat, kinda forcing him to read up a little quicker, i agree to her goal here, her ways however seem a little pushy and in my eyes, scummy.

continuing to page 9 (post450) she again stated she'll vote yankee D-2 though she, according to post 428, aquired her goal... why still the pressure? maybe she's trying to convince us of something, or am i just seeing things?

later on page 9, she makes the assumption that Annache and Herd can't be scum together, however, she never posted a reason for this, except for the fact that they were feuding... in post 470 ksen posts what i was thinking when re-reading. they could be hiding their buddy-ness by fighting. hence making an ungrounded assumption. unless she ofc knew it wasn't hiding buddying, and just wanted to bring it up.

note: wow, just remembered Ether is female, i'mma rewrite this one now... srry ether ;P
(Rena, here known as Haylen, on #mafia)
[18:55] <+Rena> i dont usually think when im in a game. i just act
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Tyrope »

Yankee, you get a mod's attention by doing
@mod
and then asking the question, smth like:
@ mod:
votecount please?

just a newb helping a fellow newb ;)
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by boberz »

Patrick, give me my cue and I will give the explanation on the quote, it is sound but trivial with respect to ethers townishness elsewhere dont think i am slaughtering her for this, it is again held on an assumption.

Tyrope you seem to provide some evidence that ether is morescummy, but it was not what i was suggesting in that post.

Annachie, several points:

1/ I apologise if i misrepresented you, but me being the most town of all your neutral reads still makes pressuring me for little reason and on an already dead point a bit silly, the rest of my points about your vote still stand.

2/ I explained why i couldnt be bothered to reexplain a dead point. If others want this explained again then ask and i will do it but it is just distracting us, i pulled out of the trick and incog confirmed town explained the other reasons fairly well.

3/ If you think I am confusing then I am sorry. I often just say the conclusions of my thinking without explaining the thought process. Do you want me to retype #497 again, with a paragraph to explain my thought process on each point? I am happy to do it?

4/ My case on you begun the latter third of day 1 not day 2 with ksen, you are not ebing fair here. Each point builds on earlier ones i do not hang my attack on any one point. You do raise a point to say that ksen has been quick to my defence in this day which is interesting, but i was nice to him early on which could explain it.

5/ I caveated my #464 later in #464 again i feel slightly misrepresented. In fact rereading it i accused three people including you in the same sentence, I even explained the logic applied to myself as well. I feel very misrepresented now.
Btw only focussing on stuff that applies to you ignoring the stuff i said about others is very scummy to me.

6/ I am in the process of working out whether your disagreement with me on this is scummy or not.

7/ Why vote in #474 if all you wanted was a better explanation why vote?

---

Have certain people just been nodding and agreeing when i have made complex poorly explained points? if so please dont, i need to be understood or i am just chatting crap to myself.

---

Tyrope, why havent you looked up wifom before. There has been incogs use of the word and the yankee/patrick discussion both important. Are you only focussing on people adressinng you directly?

---

I might have this game sorted in my head if i spend a couple of hours with a notepad tommorow. Watch this space.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Yankee »

Back, and my friend isnt doing very well :(

Anyways, the major points I notice in the re-read -

@ Annachie - Why is it that you think I am not answering questions well? Can you point out places that I have not answered a question to the best of my ability? If so please do point it out as I may have skimmed over the question.

@Tyrope - I know about how to get the mod's attention, I was just really rushed in that post trying to say multiple things in a few seconds of typing and hoping the mod would see it, lol. But thanks anyways :)

@Boberz - I like your point about Tyrope in your second to last sentence in post 505. This Point to me brings up the mindset of the players. A true townie would be looking through the posts of all players and trying to understand them, a Mafia wouldnt care as much and just try pay most attention to people focusing on them, especially a newbie scum as I believe Tyrope is.

And in Tyropes 503, it seems to me that he is pushing a little hard for a Ether lynch without actually committing himself. I dont find much of what he has mentioned as a scum-tell, just a players playstyle, which Ethers seems to be aggressive.

Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by Annachie »

Yankee, in the last 60 or so posts, #494 is the only one that seems to address questions that were put to you.
Granted the posts you have made have appeared decent.
Before that you seemed more about distancing yourself from Herd than much else, again I can't fault that in and of itself.
iirc, there are unanswered questions to you by Patrick still.

Which is the basis for my disagreeing with Boberz as to wether you have answered questions well.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by Annachie »

boberz wrote: 7/ Why vote in #474 if all you wanted was a better explanation why vote?
I'm starting to think it was an experiment gone wrong, but suffice it to say that when you go hunting it helps to use bait.

#497 still confuses me. I think Patrick is asking about it too so I don't think it is just me.

Sometimes Boberz, I feel that you and I are much alike, which leans you to town. Others, we seem complete opposites which of course makes you scum ;)
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by Ether »

On Tyrope's third point alone, I'm tempted to vote him.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:44 am

Post by Yankee »

Annachie wrote:Yankee, in the last 60 or so posts, #494 is the only one that seems to address questions that were put to you.
Granted the posts you have made have appeared decent.
Before that you seemed more about distancing yourself from Herd than much else, again I can't fault that in and of itself.
iirc, there are unanswered questions to you by Patrick still.

Which is the basis for my disagreeing with Boberz as to wether you have answered questions well.
yet again, What questions by Patrick have I yet to answer? If I do have unanswered questions then I must have skimmed over them and didnt go back to re-read it. I asked last post for you to post any questions I havent answered, and for you to come back and tell me that I still have unanswered questions without saying what questions is really aggravating to me since I specifically asked you to. Also, what is "iirc", I have never seen that used in any games I have played in.

Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Annachie »

Yankee, Patrick's #485.
Looking at your posts, can you elaborate on what you felt/feel the case against Annachie is (this mentioned in your 393)?
Because if " I mixed up Annachie and Boberz," is your answer then I'm not convinced.
(Mixing up is ok, but #393 didn't read like a mix up.)

If I Remember Correctly
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Tyrope »

In post 505, boberz wrote:Tyrope, why havent you looked up wifom before?
I have, but it's been a week since it was used, just forgot what it ment... srry? :)

@Ether (509): Could you explain why my third point makes you want to vote me?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:46 am

Post by boberz »

No it hadnt. patrick and yankee used it on the page before...

I havent had time to sit down with my notebook. May find time tommorow (off out tonight) annachie sounds better in the last page if people want to know what im thinking.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Yankee »

me and Patrick had a discussion using WIFOM not even 3 days ago if I remember correctly.

Also, about my 393, all i have to say is "what????" 393 has nothing to do with the mixing up of the two names. The mixing up of the two names happened well after that, when I posted 393 I was well aware that it was Boberz that posted the post this is all about, and the case against you I mentioned was the case about you wanting to lynch IC's simply because you were afraid they could be scum. How in the heck did you even get anything about mixing up boberz and yourself from that post. Maybe you should go back and read it yourself....

Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Tyrope »

really, just 3 days? feels like a week for me, mhmm, must be the naps i'm taking lately.

anyway, why could some1 mixing up 2 names be important is what i'm wondering right now...
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Patrick »

When I read Tyrope's 498 I thought he was agreeing with boberz's thought process about the nightkill making Ether looking scummier. Actually, looking again it still reads that way. I don't like Tyrope's points against Ether. I feel like if he found that type of pushiness from Ether scummy, he'd have found it scummy a long time ago since it's basically part of her playstyle and she's been pushy all game. I also can't see any particular scum motive for disassociating herd and Annachie; how would that benefit her as scum whether she was partnered with one of them or not? These points just seem kind of contrived to me.
boberz wrote:Patrick, give me my cue and I will give the explanation on the quote, it is sound but trivial with respect to ethers townishness elsewhere dont think i am slaughtering her for this, it is again held on an assumption.
The thought process lost me somewhere just before the second line. I think you're reading too much into the nightkill.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:15 am

Post by boberz »

Patrick, this question is really important, I think I nearly have this game understood. Are you more safe on ether today or yesterday? I understand you are safe on both, so am I on balance.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Patrick »

Odd question, I'll humour it since I'm assuming you're going to explain. My opinion of her hasn't really changed. If I have to go one way, then less because two other players have since flipped town. But that applies to everyone.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 am

Post by starkmoon »

Yankee 2 Tyrope, Annachie
boberz
Tyrope
Annachie 1 ksen
ksen
Ether
Patrick

not voting
Yankee
boberz
Ether
Patrick
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Yankee »

@ Tyrope - This far into the game you need to be looking at everything a person does closely, and to overlook something as possibly important as someone mixing up two people could prove disastrous. The more I look at what you are posting the more I feel like you are afraid to look bad to other people, and constantly trying to seem innocent. Right now my 2 top suspects are Annachie and Tyrope, Tyrope I feel is more likely scum then annachie, more of a gut feeling for some reason just by the tone of his posts.

Vote: Tyrope

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by boberz »

I ask because I thought yesterday that you seemed less sure of ether and incog than they were of you. I thought there might have been a reason for this. It would appear that i read much too much into this and was mistaken as you are clearly sure now. It was a subtle way of finding out and i have discovered that i made a misread. This has helped me to gauge more than you might expect about your and ethers game. I need to sit down with my notebook and i think i can get this game, as i said earlier i will try tommorow.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:43 pm

Post by Yankee »

Um, you guys? You still watching this....?

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Post by boberz »

Of course we are. I am distracted somewhat by reallife. But if things happen I am here to comment. Why dont you try stimulating proper discussion Yankee?
starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 am

Post by starkmoon »

Prods sent.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”