archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ looker -

just realize that you are being extremely unproductive with this attitude.

you have said you aren't willing to actually try to win my vote. therefore you are in effect
requiring
me to "ride your opinion". i don't plan to do that. I plan to be convinced by someone who can present themselves in a logical, helpful way.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by semioldguy »

@archaebob
How about you make an attempt of finding your own case/suspect rather than waiting to follow in the footsteps of the cases others make to you?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Looker »

DeathRowKitty's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2015083#2015083]Post 1674[/url] wrote: Just a general comment: I'm starting to see
a lot
of confirmation bias against Sanjay. Even if you think Sanjay is scum, think about what you post before saying that everything Sanjay does is a scum tell.

Basically, I still think Sanjay is town.
YEAH! See, now this is the kind of stuff that I look for. You make a point, state your claim. Nice.

And, regarding the general comment: You're right, it's just that win you get so close to the end and you get so sure, you start to smell it and you wanna win and you wanna be right. I
really
wanna be right on this one.
archaebob's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2015119#2015119]Post 1675[/url] wrote:@ looker -

just realize that you are being extremely unproductive with this attitude.

you have said you aren't willing to actually try to win my vote. therefore you are in effect
requiring
me to "ride your opinion". i don't plan to do that. I plan to be convinced by someone who can present themselves in a logical, helpful way.
Lol.
DAYKILL: ARCHAEBOB
Just read and do whatever it is that you do with your time. I've found scum, baby!
semioldguy's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2015182#2015182]Post 1676[/url] wrote:@archaebob
How about you make an attempt of finding your own case/suspect rather than waiting to follow in the footsteps of the cases others make to you?
Falsetto: THIIIISSSS!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Looker »

EBWOP: That first "win" should say "when". See what I mean? :P
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Furry »

The only thing that I think is a tell on sanjay is that he claimed Vanilla Townie instead of Resident, even when I pressured him on it he didnt flinch on it. As much as this is more the mod catching scum then at least me, its a strong tell to claim the wrong thing. Also I guess its a good lesson on modding practices

Vote Sanjay

Looker wrote:EBWOP: That first "win" should say "when". See what I mean? :P
what about wynne?
Temporary unretired alt
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Looker »

If it were a popularity contest, you'd be the last to go.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Furry »

*snuggle*
Temporary unretired alt
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Furry wrote:As much as this is more the mod catching scum then at least me, its a strong tell to claim the wrong thing. Also I guess its a good lesson on modding practices
Do you have any good reason to think that scum didn't receive a copy of the vanilla role? Either posting a sample PM or sending one to scum is standard practice and it would be a pretty big mistake by the mod to have not done so. Kreriov's been a good mod and I find it more likely that Sanjay was playing to his values than that Kreriov a major modding mistake.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Looker »

I'm not hearing that. I'm glad and am more than appreciative you brought it up, but I'm not hearing that. I believe Sanjay is opportunistic enough as it is and it'd be inopportune for us to conjure up excuses for him. He will say what he will say but let's not be the ones to give him something to say. He's smart, he'll figure something out; he'll figure some kind of way to deflect all of your votes.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Looker »

Yep, but I'm pretty sure mine is gonna stick, tho. 8-)
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Mod, if you can answer this, did scum receive a copy of the vanilla role PM?
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Furry »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Furry wrote:As much as this is more the mod catching scum then at least me, its a strong tell to claim the wrong thing. Also I guess its a good lesson on modding practices
Do you have any good reason to think that scum didn't receive a copy of the vanilla role? Either posting a sample PM or sending one to scum is standard practice and it would be a pretty big mistake by the mod to have not done so. Kreriov's been a good mod and I find it more likely that Sanjay was playing to his values than that Kreriov a major modding mistake.
No you are somewhat missing the point. There are two scenarios that I see

1) Sanjay is town, for some reason he decided to claim VT isntead of Resident. It would be like you are a Mason that doesnt know alignment of a partner so you claim Neighbor. They ARE the same thing, but one is fundamentally the correct claim
2) Sanjay is town, and did not know town wincon/VT name. He made the logically sound VT claim (covers Vanilla Town/Townie, two most common things), but didnt know this game doesnt have VTs.

Its not that I see 2 as absoltely obviously what happened, but more 1 as not happening at all. Sanjay claiming the wrong thing is just so much more improbable then Sanjay not knowing or forgetting his role name.
Temporary unretired alt
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I'll assume choice 2 should say "scum" and not "town?"

I put a lot of stock in town reads and I'm not so quick to relinquish one, especially when I don't see why option 2 would be so much more likely than option 1.

He probably
should have
claimed resident, if he is in fact vanilla, but he was right in saying that answering your questions would have unfairly confirmed him, if only by the WIFOM of scum not expecting to be confirmed by answering (I also feel more strongly about this because I was once modkilled for saying too much about my role PM in a mini normal >.< ).

Why do you consider option 2 considerably more likely than option 1?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Why do you think I clarified that vanilla town was the role I was claiming and not the role name, Furry?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Sanjay »

semioldguy, PLEASE stop dodging my questions.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Looker wrote:I'm not hearing that. I'm glad and am more than appreciative you brought it up, but I'm not hearing that. I believe Sanjay is opportunistic enough as it is and it'd be inopportune for us to conjure up excuses for him. He will say what he will say but let's not be the ones to give him something to say. He's smart, he'll figure something out; he'll figure some kind of way to deflect all of your votes.
DRK didn't make up anything.

Me playing to my values or whatever is the explanation I already gave.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Post by Looker »

DeathRowKitty's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2015316#2015316]Post 1685[/url] wrote:
Mod, if you can answer this, did scum receive a copy of the vanilla role PM?
I didn't know this was possible. Is that allowed?
Sanjay's [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2015688#2015688]Post 1690[/url] wrote:
Looker wrote:I'm not hearing that. I'm glad and am more than appreciative you brought it up, but I'm not hearing that. I believe Sanjay is opportunistic enough as it is and it'd be inopportune for us to conjure up excuses for him. He will say what he will say but let's not be the ones to give him something to say. He's smart, he'll figure something out; he'll figure some kind of way to deflect all of your votes.
DRK didn't make up anything.

Me playing to my values or whatever is the explanation I already gave.
Okay.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Looker »

So everyone is voting Sanjay, then? Let's see, we have
Archaebob - I'm not convincing enough and he's "going against the grain". Hopefully until he finds someone he actually suspects, but o well.

DRK - Actually still researching. Can't object to that.

Havingfitz - I don't satisfy his interest, but he
does
find BigBear scummy. Can't object to that, either.

Sanjay - I don't know
what
to think about Sanjay. Everyone left alive, excluding yourself and Furry, were somewhere near that DJ wagon Day 1. You were voting BigBear and Furry was voting Raskol (dead town).

Day 2, everyone was all set to lynch you until Furry pulled a Danakillsu (dead town) lynch out of his ass and saved you. I just want you lynched. I have to be right about this. (But, of course, you know it and just don't give a damn and are probably trying to conjure up some way to keep Archaebob resisting the way he is and to keep DRK from laying a vote. What's surprising me, though, is that you're voting alongside Archaebob and putting SOG at L-3 when you can do the same with BigBear and have a much better case on your side while doing it. I mean, you can say "such-n-such-n-such is scum", but that'd be bogus. It'd be easier to take the easier way out with the actual case, at least until LyLo.)

I don't know. Like I said, I don't know
what
to think about Sanjay.
BigBear
BigBear
Goon
BigBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:29 am

Post by BigBear »

/LA because of finals.

I just want sanjay lynched. Then furry.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Kreriov »

Vote Count

BigBear (1) - havingfitz
Sanjay (4)
- semioldguy looker BigBear Furry
semioldguy (2) - Sanjay archeabob

Not voting: DeathRowKitty

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Bold
indicates the current person who will be lynched when deadline is reached.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 am

Post by havingfitz »

Looker wrote: I didn't satisfy your interest? What do you mean by this? What exactly do you think is going on? Am I on trial for something? What are you saying? I submitted, out of generosity no doubt, my reasons for suspecting Sanjay and, quite frankly, they are good reasons. Now whether or not they "satisfy your interest" should not be my concern. I'm not here to persuade you, I'm here to collaborate, to assist, to help, and you're not putting in any work. You question my opinions while giving none of your own to compare and Archaebob simply states that he's "going against the grain". You can't possibly be serious, can you?
What’s not to be serious? I thought it was a fairly benign request/question. I said I was interested “why you are so convinced of Sanjay's guilt so that I can consider your points and perhaps help you rid the town of scum.” Easy enough I would think. You aren’t on trial...I’m just trying to see your point of view and IMO the post you referred to for archaebob (1608) did not do that other than 1 or 2 minor suspicions imbedded from post 1112 quote (within 1608). As you have been the most active poster in the game...a cursory ISO on you does not easily reveal your reasons for suspecting Sanjay. This must be evidenced somewhat by the fact DRK and archaebob are asking for the same info. So that is my interest...why you suspect Sanjay. I am not sold on Sanjay being town...there just happens to be others in the game I suspect more. I don’t understand your defensiveness or lack of willingness to help others who deem your insights possibly worthwhile and valid. So ‘assist’ me. As for not putting in any work...what do you want? Hundreds of meaningless one-liners to pad my post counts? Sorry if I don’t have the time to put that much ‘work’ into the game.
DeathRowKitty wrote:I approve of the BB vote. Also, HF, will you have any access during that time?
I am on a cruise. They have internet but it is quite costly so I doubt I will be online onboard. If I have time in a port of call and there is an internet café handy...I might be able to check in briefly but I can’t not guarantee it. If I do get online...I will at least give a quick look into the sight and if there is anything I can add to what is currently taking place...without pouring over 15-20 new pages of material.

@all
....is the fact Sanjay didn’t use the word resident in his claim that much of a scum tell? In my 4 or 5 games on here I have grown used to people either being mafia or town. Not counting the various power roles...I can understand someone answering a claim request as vanilla town if asked to claim (whther they were town or not), even if their PM used ‘resident’ instead of ‘vanilla town.’ Is there any difference between the two role meanings?

I don’t know if I like Sanjay’s unwillingness to confirm what was in his PM when pressed by Furry due to the fact we have already had a few claims in the game without drawing the Mod’s anger. Not enough to make me hammer Sanjay but definitely a bit shady IMO. If Sanjay does get lynched, regardless of how he flips I give him credit for putting up a helluva fight.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Sanjay »

As far as I recall, the only claim before mine was DJs.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 am

Post by havingfitz »

Sanjay wrote:As far as I recall, the only claim before mine was DJs.
And DKU?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:17 am

Post by semioldguy »

Sanjay wrote:semioldguy, PLEASE stop dodging my questions.
I'm not quite sure which questions I am dodging. Could I get a post with the post numbers where your questions are again?

I'll provide a reason a question wasn't answered if there are any or I can or why I thought it was answered if I didn't miss it (along with hopefully an elaboration upon my previous answer to make sense of it to you as an answer)
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Sanjay »

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”