F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:24 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

I forgot, only women go for the eyes. :D

Vote: MeMe
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:59 am

Post by MeMe »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I thought that the only roles in this game had to be people who attended Jeepfest, Saberkitty wasn't one of them or otherwise she wouldn't be in this game.
Nope...
Dragon Phoenix wrote:The player names are a mix of names of people who will attend the actual party and other well-known names from one (or both) of the two sites.
And neither Ataraxy nor Foolster were there, as far as I know.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
SaberKitty
SaberKitty
Supposed to be? This IS blue.
SaberKitty

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:34 pm

Post by SaberKitty »

MeMe wrote:Regarding the night kill -- in my opinion last night's "had a go at his eyes" suggests that SaberKitty (the role, not necessarily the player) might be last night's killer.
Although that kinda makes sense, i'm pretty sure that nobody will claim to be me now that that's been stated. Or at least, anyone evil won't.
however...
rolandofthewhite wrote:I forgot, only women go for the eyes.

Vote: MeMe.
this post makes no sense to me whatsoever.
I get where MeMe was coming from- that with a name like saber
kitty
and that whole sk thing, that player could easily be evil and.. go for the eyes. i dont' get how that could be expanded to female players in general and i especially don't see how that makes MeMe the player more suspicious. Especially suspicious enough to warrent a vote. i suppose you were joking, but at least with the speed of bandwagoning in this game.. i dont' understand why you'd joke with a vote.
FOS:rolandofthewhite

so far this game, you haven't made
m
any substantive posts. perhaps now is the time that you start.

-sk
p.s. here's all that great posting we've seen from rolandofthewhite.. in reverse chronological order:
rolandofthewhite on 18 Jul 2005 05:24 pm wrote:I forgot, only women go for the eyes.

Vote: MeMe.
rolandofthewhite on 12 Jul 2005 01:20 am wrote:I refuse to read that.
rolandofthewhite on 11 Jul 2005 06:30 am wrote:Unvote; Vote: PBuG.
rolandofthewhite on 11 Jul 2005 12:06 am wrote:May we have a votecount, please?
rolandofthewhite on 08 Jul 2005 01:09 am wrote:That's weird. The BBCode looks fine to me.
rolandofthewhite on 07 Jul 2005 01:57 am wrote:I wasn't aware I was mimicking you, nor was I aware that Saber Kitty was a serial killer, though I now see the similarity in their names.
rolandofthewhite on 07 Jul 2005 01:38 am wrote:Wha-? I didn't say anything about the way you vote... O.o
rolandofthewhite on 06 Jul 2005 05:19 pm wrote:Unvote; Vote: PeaceBringer.
rolandofthewhite on 04 Jul 2005 03:44 am wrote:FOS: Peacebringer for that.
rolandofthewhite on 02 Jul 2005 01:46 pm wrote:Unvote: MeMe; Vote: Vesuvan until something else comes up.
rolandofthewhite on 29 Jun 2005 03:43 pm wrote:I like your avatar too.

::slips some cocaine into EYNH's penguin briefcase::
rolandofthewhite on 29 Jun 2005 01:19 am wrote: Vote: MeMe.

Nox, I like your avatar.
[color=blue]Hug a snowman, It's a cold world out there![/color]
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:28 pm

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

I think it would be slightly odd for a player in the game to be a role as well. Therefore, I don't think a player would have SaberKitty as their role...but I don't know for sure. Again, I'll reiterate what I said yesterday: this isn't something we should be worrying about until we kill our first scum.

There have been players that have contributed less than Roland. But right now, I don't have time to look (Nanook comes to mind, but I'd have to reread the thread to be sure). I'll abstain from voting right now, but after I have time to re-read, the person who has contributed the least is most likely going to get my vote.
prinny, dood
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:30 pm

OK, just upon a quick glance, Nanook posted twice today, so he's probably been more active than I thought. But I'm sure there are others. I'll look later.
prinny, dood
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:45 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

Okay, 1 kill each night, but with different MO's. I agree with Axelrod that the kill on Olio was most probably a vig (or at least non-mafia) given the events yesterday. Before anyone asks, no I'm not a vig.

Looks like it's time to take a look over day 1...

Oh, and
FOS: MeMe
for trying to assign the kill to a specific role that hasn't been claimed.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:09 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

So many people seem convinced that we have more than 1 killing group. They seem content to rule out the possibility that we have had 1 kill per night, for 2 nights, suggest 1 killing group.

The different MOs could just as easily be different members of the group doing the killing.

FOS: all those who seem to be sure we have more than 1 killing group
. How do they know?

(*) This is my first mafiascum game with more than 12 players.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:58 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Sorry, that post doesn't make sense because I tried to edit it halfway through and made a mess of it.

I accept that there is a very good chance of multiple killing groups in this game.
What I was trying to say
, was that some people seem to be
certain
that there are multiple killing groups. And there is only one way they could know that.

As for the thing at the end of the above post, I was going to suggest that maybe the fact that I haven't been in a big game on mafiascum means that I am insufficiently experienced to offer an opinion on this subject. But then I realised that was crap because I've read enough games to know that multiple killing groups are very common if not ubiquitous.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:17 am

Post by Nox »

Meme: Woah. Absolutly contentless posts. How did that slip under our eyes? :shock: Glad you brought it up.
I'll have to agree with a FOS: rolandthewhite.

rolandthewhite: Only women go for the eyes? You deserve a vote for a sexist remark like that :x :P .

Mr Stoofer: Readig through your post, I think it really makes sense overall. However, Im not sure that it wouldd be to the other killing groups' advantage to press the point that there is another killing group. I mean, wouldnt they be better off with the rest of us not knowing for the longest time?

Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:55 am

Post by Someone »

Unless there's an inside joke about SK I'm not aware of, wouldn't "had a go at his eyes" be more applicable to MeMe?

@ Mr stoofer, I think we're just all used to a game with multiple killing groups we just assume that this is one, however false that may be.

I'm somewhat dissagreeing with ENYH's comment. DP probably made up this game before the signups were held, and he wouldn't have changed the game just because some of the people signed up.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:56 am

Post by Someone »

Someone wrote:Unless there's an inside joke about SK I'm not aware of, wouldn't "had a go at his eyes" be more applicable to MeMe?
Err...right, missed rolands post. Ignore this.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:23 am

Post by MeMe »

Vesuvan
: If I find out that someone's holding the role of SaberKitty, I'll want to take a good look at them. Why would you try to
quash
speculation stemming from the morning scene?

Nox
: SaberKitty posted about roland, not me

Someone
: No joke about SaberKitty of which I'm aware, but cats have claws and going for eyes automatically made me think of clawing out eyes. Just speculation, but I don't think it's
poor
speculation.

roland & Someone
- Why would MeMe make more sense as someone who goes for the eyes?
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:06 am

Post by Someone »

(avatar)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:27 am

Post by MeMe »

Dur.

Gotcha.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:31 am

That's not why I'm voting for MeMe. I was semi making fun of Nanook for his "It possibly could have been another female" comment, since I really didn't see why it'd have to be a woman who did it.

I have my reasons for voting MeMe. Or at least I think I do. :?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:43 am

Post by MeMe »

You don't.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:55 am

Are you so sure?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:09 am

Post by MeMe »

Quite.

I get it, though.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:15 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

vote: Nox
. It's hard to really go by yesterday's voting pattern to find the most scummy person (since olio turned out clean), but I felt Nox was really pushing her arguments against PBug, maybe to protect suspicion against someone else? I know it's not much of a vote, but does anyone have anything else?

On the subject of having more than one killing group, there could be a group that's out there with options of holding off on night-kills to do something else that's funky, like recruiting. I do think it's unlikely that our doc(s) have been lucky twice.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:01 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, nine to evict:

MeMe 1 (rolandofthewhite)
Nox 1 (Comodore Amazing)
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:41 am

Post by Axelrod »

rolandofthewhite wrote:That's not why I'm voting for MeMe. I was semi making fun of Nanook for his "It possibly could have been another female" comment, since I really didn't see why it'd have to be a woman who did it.

I have my reasons for voting MeMe. Or at least I think I do. :?
Is there a reason not to elaborate on this? It doesn't
sound
like you are making a Cop claim here (due to the uncertainty and all), but I take it, you have
something
more than a hunch.

You posting history, as noted, has been relatively contentless up to this point, so you will understand why I don't leap to support your semi-accusation.

But I'm interested.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:51 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'll respond to Mr. Stoofer's comments on multiple groups, although I doubt I'm one of the people he thinks has expressed certainty that there's more than one killing party. First, yes, part of it is just the size of the game, although that doesn't take into account the possibility of a non-killing scum group (generally a cult, but who knows with DP). Second, there's the differing styles of the two kills, suggesting the possibility of different players having conducted them. Different scum groups is the more likely explanation of that, although it might well be different players within the same scum group, as well.
Third is the fact of olio's death last night. olio was under attack and whether there is one scum group or two, they knew he wasn't their scum, so they might well have left him to be lynched today and targeted someone else. One scum group definitely made their Night One kill, so they didn't know for certain whether there was another killing group. But if a second killing group exists, they knew that somebody else had killed Night One, meaning that another scum group exists, and that therefore it might be to their benefit to kill them off by targeting someone viewed as a likely (not their) scum, i.e. olio. This is particularly true, strategically, if the scum prevented from killing Night One was a serial killer (since they're in a more precarious position than a larger scum group). Add to that that the two roles (not players, please remember) most speculated on as eye-scratchers, SaberKitty and MeMe, are the roles I would peg as most probable serial killers (commonly abbreviated SK and 2003's SK of the year) and that seems, if not compelling, at least a reasonable argument to me, when taken together with the first and second points. I'm by no means certain that there are multiple killing groups, but it seems to me more likely than not.

On an unrelated topic, but meriting comment:
EnterYourNameHere wrote:I think it would be slightly odd for a player in the game to be a role as well. Therefore, I don't think a player would have SaberKitty as their role...but I don't know for sure.
Unless DP was really working on this right up to the last minute, he had the setup all put together before he requested sign-ups. Given the size of the game, I don't think he'd have wanted to turn players away simply because they existed as a role in the game and I don't recall him having to do so. Furthermore, I played in a DP game on GL that had a few (though not all) of the roles as GL players, at least one of whom was in the game.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:00 am

Well, it's possible that he originally had, say, me as a role in this game, and when he saw that I joined, changed the name to someone else. But I get your point.
prinny, dood
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:04 am

Post by MeMe »

An even better example is DP6, in which SaberKitty was both a player and a role.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:52 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
MeMe wrote:What a baby. :P

Regarding the night kill -- in my opinion last night's "had a go at his eyes" suggests that SaberKitty (the role, not necessarily the player) might be last night's killer.
I thought that the only roles in this game had to be people who attended Jeepfest, Saberkitty wasn't one of them or otherwise she wouldn't be in this game.

It possibly could have been another female, like Nonny, Talitha, Halfpint, or Mackay.
Nox: I am the one who made the comment about the person being a female, and it was because of what the mod wrote, "Had a go at his eyes", Now I know in some circumstances a man can have a go at another man's eyes, but typically the saying I would think anyway would refer to a woman.

Also, if it be possible, could you please not make your text smaller. That with the combination of color you chose makes it nearly impossible for myself to read it. The color doesn't bother me in it's self though, and if you keep it small, then I'll just have to keep copying and pasting it is all.

EYNH: I may have not been the most active player in this game, but I think that I've been pretty active considering my limited access. This being only like my sixth post though. So maybe I haven't contributed as much as I'd like, but if you're looking for a lurker, there is always lurkernidas.

(,and no I am not trying to lure the attention off from myself .. :wink: )

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”